Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Kia Soul Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,084
edited January 2014 in Kia
Ask your Soul lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• dak322dak322 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual value % for a "+" model for 36 months at 12K miles per year? I see the lease program is about $179/month.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dak322. Here's the info that you're interested in. Kia's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Soul + with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • buddyscarbuddyscar Member Posts: 1
    Do you have the latest money factor and residual value for a 2010 Soul Sport Automatic 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year?
    I certainly do buddyscar. Here you go.

Kia's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Soul Sport with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are 00026 and 49%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $600 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it and the $1,000 loyalty / conquest cash that is available on all deals.

Car_man
    Host
  • bbkg79bbkg79 Member Posts: 7
    Good morning, afternoon, evening depending on where you are. Do you have the latest money factor and residual value for a 2011 Soul Sport Automatic 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year?

Thank you!
    Here you go bbkg79. Kia's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Soul Sport AT with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 53%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • bbkg79bbkg79 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you!
    No problem bbkg79.

Car_man
    Host
  • tonyjambotonyjambo Member Posts: 9
    Hi there - looking tol ease this month . Do you have the latest money factor and residual value for a 2011 Soul + Automatic 36 month lease with 10,000 miles per year?

Also any incentives to watch out for this month ?

thanks
    Tony
    Hi Tony. Kia Motors Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Soul + with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00116 and 56%.

Kia is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • bellringabellringa Member Posts: 2
    Do you have the lease rates on a 2011 kia soul + 15000 miles a year
    I have worked out a deal already kia soul plus with no upgrades Trading in a 2007 kia rio 6100 they are giving me $4000 waht I owe on it then I pay just $196 a month out the door is this good?
    I sure do bellringa. Kia Motors Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Soul + with 15,000 miles per year are .00032 and 54%, respectively.

It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were to provide us with this vehicle's MSRP and selling price. This will show us how large a dealer discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
  • badamkbadamk Member Posts: 1
    What is the penalty for going over on miles or can you "purchase" extra miles?
    Thanks!
  • morganchiumorganchiu Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_Man:

Can you share your thoughts on the current KMA lease special? Is it a good deal?

2011 Soul+ AT
    MSRP $17190 (incl. $695 freight)
    $159/mo for 36 mos. @ 12K miles/yr
    $1999 due at lease signing (incl. 1st mo. payment, $1245 cap cost reduction and $595 acquisition)
    $7564 total lease payments
    $9110.70 residual

A local MD dealer is doing the same lease for $10 less at $149/mo.

Thanks!
    Greetings badamk. I believe that Kia Financial Services charges an excess mileage charge of $0.20 per mile for anything over your allowance. Banks usually allow lessees to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis at a discount at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi morganchiu. Like most manufacturers' official advertised leases, I suspect that Kia's payment for the Soul can be beaten. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the model that you want, making sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it, and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • calamityjane78calamityjane78 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there!

I had heard about the recent Soul lease special (on TV, and on Kia website) for $159/month and $1,995. When I went into the dealer, he scrawled the following deal on the back of his business card:

$3000 down
    35x $189 plus tax
    12K miles lease

Then, when I talked to him about a $2000 down deal later on in the day, he said that was going to be a $215/month payment for 36 months.

And he claimed my fax number didn't work, which is why he couldn't fax me the details. (ps, my fax is functioning, so that's BS)

While I was watching TV tonight, I again saw the $159 deal advertised, and looked it up again on the web. As far as I can tell, it's for the same car I had driven - the base model.

Am I being taken for a ride? Would love to know - I'm a female in my early 30s (and happen to be blonde), so hate the idea of being taken advantage of just because of my perceived ignorance. I have since emailed a different dealer in the area to see what his thoughts were on the advertised deal, but figured I'd pop on here and see what you all thought, since I won't hear from him until tomorrow.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't I get the advertised rate? I'm fine with the $1,995 down (I'll be trading in my ancient Lexus, so it's no cash out of my pocket).

Would love to know your thoughts!

Thanks!
    Hi there!

I had heard about the recent Soul lease special (on TV, and on Kia website) for $159/month and $1,995. When I went into the dealer, he scrawled the following deal on the back of his business card:

$3000 down
    35x $189 plus tax
    12K miles lease

Then, when I talked to him about a $2000 down deal later on in the day, he said that was going to be a $215/month payment for 36 months.

And he claimed my fax number didn't work, which is why he couldn't fax me the details. (ps, my fax is functioning, so that's BS)

While I was watching TV tonight, I again saw the $159 deal advertised, and looked it up again on the web. As far as I can tell, it's for the same car I had driven - the base model.

Am I being taken for a ride? Would love to know - I'm a female in my early 30s (and happen to be blonde), so hate the idea of being taken advantage of just because of my perceived ignorance. I have since emailed a different dealer in the area to see what his thoughts were on the advertised deal, but figured I'd pop on here and see what you all thought, since I won't hear from him until tomorrow.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't I get the advertised rate? I'm fine with the $1,995 down (I'll be trading in my ancient Lexus, so it's no cash out of my pocket).

Would love to know your thoughts!

Thanks!
  • centiscentis Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2011
    A few things come to mind.

1. It's the Soul+ that qualifies for the $159 and $1,000.00 signing bonus I believe. The other models only qualify for the $1,000.00 signing bonus. So if you're looking at a base model (non + model) or a ! model that could be the problem.

2. Possible that his dealership is not participating in the deal. That could explain why he didn't show you to a + model when you asked about the deal. He may not be able to offer it at his dealership, and he certainly isn't going to point you towards a competitor.

You might check out the dealership website to see if they are advertising the special on the + model.

Also, the fax thing sounds bogus. Might consider not working with him at all, and finding another salesperson at that dealership if you decide to do business there.

3. Also check to see if your Lexus qualifies for the $750 Competitive Bonus cash. If you own certain makes/models you can get that $750 in addition to the $1,000 I believe.

4. It's always a good idea to shop around. Even on leases. Assuming all dealers come back with the same numbers, I'd bet there will be differences in how they value your trade.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes!
    Hi there!

So, I talked to another dealer in the area, and he said that the ad was for an extremely base model - one that hardly exists anywhere. I guess most of the Souls that get delivered to the dealerships in our area (SF Bay Area) all come with various options, so this one that I was looking at yesterday probably had all kinds of fancy features.

BUT - the guy loses my business on the lack of professionalism alone. Every dealer I went to (Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi) printed out the deal summary and sent me on my way with that and their card. This guy scrawled deal points on the back of his card and then when I asked for the fax, he said it didn't work. Today's different dealer from another town faxed it with no problem. So - that mystery is solved. My fax works fine.

The dealer in Colma (south of San Francisco) was able to offer me $1999 down (actually $2999 but Kia kicks in that $1000 bonus) and $173/month plus tax for a vehicle that has an MSRP of $18,138 and he's offering me the car at invoice cost of $17,300. Seems like a good deal, right?

So, thank you for your great advice and for taking the time to respond! This is my first time buying a new car from a dealer, and my first lease. AND, I have really nitpicky bosses (who will be paying for the lease), so I HAD to make sure all t's were crossed and i's dotted!

Now, we just have to see if BossMan goes for it...

Thanks!
    Marissa
  • centiscentis Member Posts: 10
    Just leased a 3yr, 15K on an Alien Green Soul + with upgraded audio, floor mats, etc... MSRP of $17,835. Got it for $17,300. With $1,000 down (which includes 1st month payment), $1,000 in lease incentive, $750 in competitive bonus incentive we have a monthly payment of $199.98. Residual value of $9,200.

The 2011's, sub-$18k +'s were getting really scarce in my area this past week. This was one of, if not the last one, in my immediate area I believe. Feel comfortable with where we landed.
  • deal_finderdeal_finder Member Posts: 3
    Carman, What is the money factor and residual on a Kia Soul + in August 2011? How is residual calculated, as a percentage of MSRP? or as a percentage of selling price? What are the lease incentives to know about for August? Will incentives get more attractive in September?

Thanks
    Hi deal_finder. Kia Motors Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Kia Soul + with 15,000 miles per year are .00021 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized and the destination charge.

Kia is providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle in August.

These programs are scheduled to run through August 31st. It's difficult to say what its September programs will be like.

Car_man
    Host
  • leaser45leaser45 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman
    Could you give me the buy rate lease money factor and residual for a 2011 Kia Soul + w/ Automatic and floormats (MSRP = $17,285.00) for 12,000 miles per year for 36 months?
    - Thanks!
  • sirk98sirk98 Member Posts: 7
    Hi there!

I have always owned cars outright, but am considering buying or leasing a Kia Soul+.

I guess I have a couple of questions. Here is the first one.

I found a website (unsure if its kosher to give URL here), that 'pre-negotiates' the price for me--no haggling at the dealership. The price it gve me, including the options I want was quite fair. Lets say it was < $17k.

The dealer called me back and told me that they would honor this price--they had to contractually--so long as I scheduled a test drive. So I did.

My question is this: can I use this price as the basis for a lease negotiation? Woman on phone said she doesnt handle the finance angle--that could be discussed when I go in.

Also, I see you mentioned that Kia is offering $1500 incentives in August. I saw only one I thought I would qualify for (Competitor incentive) for $750. What was the other incentive you mentioned? There is a college grad one, but I think you have to have graduated in the last 6 months?
    edited August 2011
    For my second (or third or fourth *grin*) question:

Kia is also running a special lease offer for $159/month. From kia.com, looks like $1245 cap cost reduction plus some other stuff for $1999 total (plus fees) due at lease signing.

Why would I or would I not want to trade in my current car (2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 w/ 74k miles) in on this deal? I read somewhere that less money down is better in case the lease gets stolen?

Thanks in advance for all the info!
    Given the Soul's lengthy warranty (limited? not bumper to bumper?), does the advice on avoiding leases longer than 36 months still hold? Would a 48 or 60 month lease be a better deal (I know it depends on money factor, etc--but avoiding a new lease in 36 months has to save some $$, no?)...

Thanks again!
    k
    I'd be happy to help you out, leaser45. Kia Motors Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Soul + with 12,000 miles per year are .00021 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sirk98. If you have negotiated an attractive selling price on the Soul that you're interested in, I personally don't see why you wouldn't be able to use that price to calculate your car's lease payment.

In addition to the $750 competitive owner cash incentive that you mentioned, Kia is providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal. I believe that Kia is providing a $750 cash incentive for recent college grads on top of these offers.

Car_man
    Host
    What you have heard about not putting money down on leases is correct, sirk98. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when leasing a new one, but you should have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sirk98. The problem with leasing a Soul for anything other than 36 months is that this seems to be the only term that Kia is currently providing lease support on. If this is indeed the case, leasing for any other length would be a much worse deal.

Car_man
    Host
    thanks for the info!!! very helpful! :-)
    No problem sirk98. I'm glad that I was able to help.

Car_man
    Host
  • jrw118jrw118 Member Posts: 17
    Good Morning,
    My dealership has a 2010 soul left. Is is possible to still lease a 2010? and if so what would be the money factor and residual on a 2010 Soul sport with man trans?
    Thanks
    Hi jrw118. Kia is not providing lease support on 2010 models any longer. As a result, if you really want to lease you wold probably be better off going with a newer model.

Car_man
    Host
  • dpavdpav Member Posts: 19
    Car_Man - could you please provide MF and residual for Kia's December lease programs for 36 mo 10K and 12K leases of a 2012 Soul + Automatic. Any lease incentives still active ?
    I'd be happy to dpav. Kia Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Soul + Automatic with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Kia is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • jordyncalejordyncale Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Does Kia do 15k leases on the soul? Term does not really matter for me, I just need the mileage. If yes, can you please tell me the money factor and residual for an Exclaim model?

Thank you very much!
    Yes, jordyncale, all banks that I am aware of offer leases with 15,000 miles per year. Kia Financial Services' 15,000 mile per year residual values are 1% lower than its 12,000 mile per year residuals.

KFS' 39-month, 15,000 mile per year numbers for a 2012 Soul 2.0L are .00092 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • chadecoenchadecoen Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2012
    Hello Car_man,
    Thank you for all the wonderful info you have here! Any chance you have the current lease numbers and incentives for the Soul? Looks like the inventories in my area are finally being replenished. My biggest problem is my wife likes all of the current models being offered by KIA!!!!! Actually, I think we are looking at an optima, soul, or Forte. But I will ask about the others in the appropriate forums. Thanks again.

Chad
  • chadecoenchadecoen Member Posts: 13
    Hello,

Does anyone have the current numbers and incentive for the soul+? Am trying to see what a 36 month with 15K/year looks like.

Thanks,
    Chad
    You're very welcome Chad. Kia Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Soul 1.6L with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Ahhh, I see that you're interested in the Soul +, Chad. Kia Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Soul 2.0L + with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ks10596ks10596 Member Posts: 18
    Can I get the money factor and residual % for both the kia soul base and hyundai elantra sedan base for 36 mo/12,000 miles? Thanks in advance.
    Sure ks10596. Kia Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Soul base with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Elantra GLS with an automatic transmission are .00127 and 58%.

There's a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 Soul and $1,000 on leases of the 2012 Elantra.

Car_man
    Host
  • ks10596ks10596 Member Posts: 18
    Thanks Car_man!
  • spokanephilspokanephil Member Posts: 25
    Hi Car_man,

My wife and I are strongly considering leasing a 2012 Soul "Plus" with the audio package (approx. $19,500), and we have a couple of questions.

1. what are the details of the current lease (particularly the money factor and residual for 15k miles)

2. While I'll make use of the Edmunds calculators, I'd like to get your opinion of leasing a Soul, and particularly in light of what seems like tight supply

Thanks very much for this forum and the valuable help you provide us all.

Phil
    Hi Phil. Kia Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Soul Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00081 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Kia is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Kia's lease program on the Soul isn't bad. I would't have any problem with getting one right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • 02whttrib02whttrib Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2012
    Hello Car_man, do you have the current lease numbers on a 13 Soul Exclaim with premium package? I'm in the market for one and was quoted a pathetic offer that had me walking out of the dealership with no further contact. They do have the EXACT vehicle that I want.

My offer: $3000.00 down
    36 months @ $378
    15,000 mls/ year
    MSRP $23300.00

This was a dune colored Soul that is VERY hard to find loaded up with options like I want.

Thank you so much,

Ray
    Hi Ray. Kia Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Soul Exclaim with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 59%, for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host