Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Kizashi

mandi79mandi79 Member Posts: 12
How do you guys/gals like the new Suzuki. I think it is going to be great for the consumer, and Suzuki! Very nice looking car, with great features, and awesome interior!
I love my SX4 Sedan, but I wouldn't mind a Kizashi! How do you think it compares to the SX4?

Thanks Mandi

Comments

• whwongwhwong Member Posts: 5
    In overall I like it, though I hope it could be more aggressive, but at least it is the sharpest mid-sizer in the market. If price is right I will probably get one.
  • mandi79mandi79 Member Posts: 12
    I think that if Suzuki wants to appeal to their customers during this time of economic distress then pricing the Kizashi at an afforable price would be the best.

Mandi
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    Anybody heard of a release date?

Engine options?

Pricing?

:confuse:
  • mikemartinmikemartin Member Posts: 205
    Industry whisper rumor has it that the Kizashi will be MSRP'ed at 17k to 18k for base models, which are actually fairly well equipped, and loaded models will run near 26k with every option.

If true, that will probably mean actual pricing of 14.5k to 21k.
  • joeg1joeg1 Member Posts: 18
    The link you posted doesn't work.

Consumer Reports has rgiven the Kizashi a really terrible review. I am a little surprised, but maybe I shouldn't be.
  • pharmboy3pharmboy3 Member Posts: 17
    Such a better looking car than the TSX! So much potential...

First they tempt us by saying it will have a class leading +200 hp, only to find it is 185/180 hp. Same thing for the still unapproved V6. At first it was 300 hp in the show car, but now talk of 260hp? Other similar sporty cars have 270-300hp, so Suzuki comes up short again.

If Suzuki wants to compete, the performance/numbers has to be competitive. We know that the GM sourced V6 is capable of 306hp on regular gas in the CTS, so if Suzuki just takes the XL-7 into the Kizashi, then they don't approve their image at all. This does not bode well for the car company in the US.

I just don't understand how the parent company can develop the fastest road motorcycle (Hayabusa) and yet can't make a decent car engine. Hello, Honda & Yamaha can do it, and Yamaha don't even make cars! They have a beautiful car with a weak heart (engine). So, do they want their new car to have a heart like the Chevy Malibu (252 hp) or that of the CTS (306hp)?

This car has the perfect dimensions, similar to the 328/A4/TSX, but they need an practical image car.

Another point to Suzuki, put the XL-7 v6 into the Grand Vitara. Where the hell did they come up with a modern 3.2L v6 with less power then a defunct Isuzu Rodeo. Look at what happened to Isuzu...
    From Consumer Reports:

We briefly drove a high end Kizashi with 18-inch wheels and all the bells and whistles. Bottom line: We were not impressed. The 2.4-liter engine mated to the CVT isn’t the most cultured powertrain out there. The ride is rather stiff, and the steering, in our judgment, has very little European inspiration, if at all. The interior is nothing special, but the cabin has a pleasing appearance and decent seats.

Very bad news.

Link: Consumer Reports
  • That's one take, Mike. Autoblog had a completely different impression:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/16/2010-suzuki-kizashi-first-drive/

I don't think you can conclude much from the CR blurb...and they were not comparing it to the competition with testing equipment. At least autoblog drove a few others for comparison, even if they didn't do a real test.

No matter what, the Kizashi has the advantage of being the trimmest mid-size sedan, providing the room without the bulk. It looks like it is priced better than most too.
  • furpersonfurperson Member Posts: 1
    i know that larger, wider wheels/tires create more drag, but the aprox. 3mpg city and 3mpg hwy reduction for the 18inch wheels over the 16inch wheels seems a bit much. Would anyone like to enlighten me on this topic?

otherwise, seems like a great car and i'd consider buying one....
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I wondered what a red Suzuki Kizashi would look like. Wonder no more. Looks very cool to me. Trouble is I tried to paste it on here and it took up this whole page.
    So here's a silver-colored one instead. Just to sort of keep your mental image of the new Suzuki Kizashi ruminating a bit. :blush:

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

in the new Suzuki Kizashi. I was reading one of Suzuki's ads on the Kizashi yesterday at Safeway and Suzuki advertises they will be selling the "Kizashi nicely equipped for $21,200."

Did I read that right?

Industry whisper rumor has it that the Kizashi will be MSRP'ed at 17k to 18k for base models, which are actually fairly well equipped, and loaded models will run near 26k with every option.

If true, that will probably mean actual pricing of 14.5k to 21k.

Above is your comment mikemartin and it turns out that what you said is going to actually be pretty accurate in the real world. Man, I don't know about you but I just grew about $5,000 more interested in this car than I was before reading that ad.

I must be really interested in the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi because I just clicked on that ad and optioned-one out and priced-one out. For a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in Vivid Red, FWD, 6-speed manual transmission, bluetooth, sunroof and 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, it comes to $23,334. That's MSRP, with no dickering included. I'd want to dicker a tad for this car.

425-watt, 10-speaker Rockford-Fosgate premium AM / FM / CD /XM-capable audio system with MP3 playback. My '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS has a 650-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo. On this '10 Suzuki Kisashi GTS several of the options are very similar to my '08 Lancer GTS' included options. The one-touch power sunroof is on both cars, the RF stereo, foglights, etc. Wow, I like this Kizashi a lot. I'd get a Vivid Red one or a Metallic Silver one and be really happy with either one of those colors.

Reviews are good...Edmunds gave it a very good review. The interior gets very good grades. The ride is tight and taut, but I am used to that with my sport-tuned 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. I am not only used to a sport-tuned suspension but I think that I want that kind of build from now on. It pays off in the twisties and on the freeway, though over bumpy roads it can be kind of irritating. The 2.4L 180hp 4-cylinder apparently is providing these reviewers with ample power for city and highway driving. And I have now read one reviewer with the 6-speed manual tranny praise the shifter on their Kizashi, saying that it shifts easier than their Audi A4's shifter. Wow. I see no reason for a car of this size that the 2.4L 180hp 4 wouldn't be enough power. This car would look great in Vivid Red or the silver that is shown on the Kizashi in my post above. More on this car later.

very revved up about this vehicle. I'm thinkin' Mitsubishi just gained some serious competition for my next spending dollar. I'd say I'll wait for Suzuki ta work out da bugs on this brand new Kizashi, but, people aren't encountering any problems with their Kizashi's. And the name Kizashi is fine. It's fine.

The car is getting a 9.4 out of 10 rating here in Edmund's Suzuki Kizashi reviews. My fave two reviews were from the guys who bought the Suzuki Kizashi GTS with 6-speed manual tranny's. They're working like champs. I've been wanting to enter the manual tranny world again.

Anyhoo...I must go to bed and get some more beautiful rest. But first...here ya go!

I do like the silver color and the Vivid Red.

in Vivid Red. Decent pic if I must say so myself.

Yeah, I am getting hooked on the "Jetta-like" look the new Kizashi portrays from the front there. The more I read about this new Suzuki the more I like. There's just no need to trade in a nearly new car for a brand new car right now, is there? :shades:

This car has what I'd call an elegant but sporty look to it. It just screams at me "take me for a spin and push me in to the turns as hard as you'd like!"

Humm...iluvmysephia1...you already have a car like that, remember?

edited March 2010
    Kizashi. Not too shabby so far for these tests.

NHTSA Crash Test Driver5 stars
    NHTSA Crash Test Passenger5 stars
    NHTSA Crash Test Side Front5 stars
    NHTSA Crash Test Side Rear5 stars
    NHTSA Rollover4 stars
    IIHS OffsetNot tested

The wheels on the GTS model I'm interested in are listed as 18.0 X 8.0 in. painted alloys. They're shown on the Kizashi below. Nice! I feel the painted alloys, with their bright and shiny metallic glow, look great against the silvery finish of Suzuki's Kizashi metallic silver. Which brings up the subject of the Kizashi's main exterior color. I am starting to favor metallic silver over the two available red color offerings, too, for my...ummm...I mean somebody's Kizashi for 2010. ;) Suzuki names this color Platinum Silver Metallic. It is now my front-running color for this car.

• It is completely stupid that the Kizashi gets different mpg based on wheel size. What other company rates mpg differently for a 16" v. 17" wheel? Weird.
    edited March 2010
    as far as liking the Kizashi's design. Car companies are good to catch in this situation. They are trying hard, just like the car company I bought from, Mitsubishi. And good Warranties can be had, too.

gregg vw-have you read the reviews on Edmunds from people who've already bought Kizashi's? Pretty solid ratings so far. Great handling, steering, stereo, etc.

You've got a SX-4, how is it doing right now? Running like a champ, yes?

I'm digging the Platinum Metallic Silver with those nice painted alloys. Sweet.

$23,244 for a loaded Suzuki Kizashi GTS in 6-speed tranny form, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift, foglights, 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, etc. That's a pretty good deal. It's cars like this that are making me think twice about going electric for my next car.

Look at those cool headlights and foglights. The foglights are a bigger diameter than my Lancer's foglights.

• I like the Kizashi, but it comes up short in a few areas when compared to the 2011 Sonata. Gas mileage especially has me puzzled. If you get the good wheels, the Kizashi mpg actually goes down. Sonata rates all its wheel sizes the same. What is up with that?

My SX4 AWD runs great. However, why does a AWD Legacy or Outback get better mileage? Suzuki sales will never take off as long as their models have run-of-the-mill mpg ratings.
    edited March 2010
    good points. I went to a Suzuki dealership in west Phoenix (Avondale) yesterday while my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS was getting a detailing done and a L-O-F. Ya know, it was a blue Kizashi and a white one, and I didn't really like either of them.

But to be honest and fair, I need to see a Kizashi in Vivid Red and Platinum Silver Metallic. Then I'll know for sure. I am weird about colors. They define a car for me. And I know there's something to it. My 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS is so good looking that it makes me feel ashamed for looking at younger women. :shades:

Know what I might mean there? The '08 Lancer GTS looks so good and I really love it in Rally Red. Mitsubishi got it down so well with the Lancer GTS. I'm so glad I got the GTS with it's bodycladding and foglights and Rockford Fosgate stereo a 'pumpin'.

Don't know about the mpg with Suzuki. However, I remain enchanted with their new Kizashi and I think that I can get 30mpg anyway on the highway with the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in 6-speed form. Foghat and The Tragically Hip will sound great on the 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, too, I am sure of it.

I am close to trading the '08 Lancer GTS in on a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi. But not totally sure I will do it. I'll keep y'all posted at any rate. Right now it's all fluid, baby.

That Kizashi looks to be the gunmetal grey. Looks pretty hot in that shade as well. Crikey, this baby is only getting hotter to me every time I look at it. I'm gonna have ta buy one. I will wear the Suzuki 'S' proudly. If they bargain well with me, that is.

• They will bargain with you or they won't make a sale. Suzuki sales are way down, and thus far, the Kizashi is not turning that around. They don't have many models to begin with. The Equator is a Nissan truck that doesn't sell that well as a Nissan. The Grand Vitara is greatly in need of a redesign. The SX4 models (I have one) are good cars, but the design is getting old, and even with the mpg improvements this past year, it is still at the back of the pack. The Kizashi is well-styled (though a bit conservative) and well-equipped for the money. But in a comparison of mid-size sedans in the real world, it got the poorest mpg and road noise, though subdued, was greater than in the other cars (Camry, Fusion, Mazda6, Altima, Malibu, Legacy). It is of course more nimble than cars like the Camry, but you give up some space too.

It is very odd that the smallest car gets the poorest mileage. One claim to fame went away immediately: Kizashi having the highest hp in its class. That was only with the manual transmission anyway (the GM engine has 182 hp), and now both the 2011 Sonata and Optima trump it by going to 200 hp...with better mpg.

I really don't think Suzuki will be a contender until VW starts lending a hand. Without VW, it would go the way of Isuzu in this country. It really is too bad they have had so little understanding of the American market. They have the Indian market sewn up.
    edited March 2010
    great points on the Kizashi. I appreicate them. Yeah, the salesman for Suzuki came over from the Kia lot next door. Not much action going on at either one, really.

He told me that Suzuki makes so much money in motorcycles and marine (really, marine? I thought they were the motorcycle kings of Japan?) that they don't really need the automotive sales. He told me they don't care...then recanted and said they care, but don't need the sales.

I knew what he meant, anyway. I remain interested in the car but my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS is such a good car that it is making it hard to trade it in. I'll let ya know what happens. I could probably get a really good deal on the Kizashi right now because they're probably not selling very well. I know I haven't seen one in either Tucson or Phoenix.

I'm driving up to Phoenix again today so I'll keep my eyes peeled for one. Going by internet technical data and reviews I've read from new owners the car is being well appreciated by early buyers. One reviewer that bought a 6-speed says that it handles great, steers aptly and his Kizashi shifts better than his Audi 3's shifter/clutch mechanism does. That is saying something. I will need to drive one to really tell, though.

They are saying that it does not eminate a lot of road noise, too. However, that type of detail can be subjective, because of the type of car people are coming out of.

There's only two Suzuki dealers in the state of Arizona. One in Phoenix and one in Tucson. I don't think they're going to pull out of the U.S. market. Just yet, anyway.

edited March 2010

a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in pearl black color and an automatic transmission. Nice interior, switches for the heater/AC were a little confusing. Stereo switchgear was intuitive and worked well. The car steered and handled very well. Quite impressive on all counts, really.

The car took bumps in stride, it made larger bumps seem like little blips as you went over them. I wanted to drive a manual tranny Kizashi but the dealership I went to in Henderson, NV, didn't have any manual trannied Kizashi's out on the lot. They did have a Vivid Red one in the showroom.

Negotiations didn't go well, in other words, they lowballed me on my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS trade-in and wouldn't budge. They wouldn't take under MSRP so I walked. They took a few hundred dollars off but it wasn't enough and I just left with my Lancer GTS. I'm happy just keeping my Lancer GTS. It really is a great car and I think it looks hotter than the Kizashi, too.

I might've bargained keener if I had driven the manual tranny Kizashi. I still like the car and will keep it in mind for later.

• good for you for walking...it is just a car, and you already have a good one. plus, have they seen for example the 2011 Kia Optima that will cost no more, but will offer more hp, room and style? methinks they will be dealing with you soon to your liking...or Kizashi will become another also ran that coulda been a contenda
    edited March 2010
    yep, and this SE Arizona padre just can't seem to get the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi out of his mind. This test drive was profitable in that I learned how the car drives out in real life. Not just reading the comments here on Edmunds.

And it drives like a dream! It takes bumps and just melds them into mincemeat! I really think Suzuki has out-done themselves with the Kizashi. BTW-I live about 80 miles from Tucson, and Tucson is home to one of only two Suzuki stores in the state of Arizona. One is in Avondale(a western burb of Phoenix), where we bought our '08 Lancer GTS. The other is Royal Suzuki of Tucson. Perfect. Laid back Tucson salesmen should be much easier to deal with than the Las Vegas card sharks I tried to deal with in Henderson, NV. What a bunch of losers.

The 6-speed Kizashi over in Henderson was a Vivid Red Kizashi. The one I think will look just awesome is what Suzuki calls Platinum Silver Metallic.

Oh yeah, baby, the hunt is on. They say men are the hunters. I feel like I'm on a Kizashi hunt here. ;)

This is what I'm talkin' about, baby.

BTW, gregg vw, you still have your SX-4, right? What else do you have in your stable? Refresh my memory.

edited March 2010

You see how the painted alloys look against the silver paint and the foglights on and such? I love that on this car! And how the headlights look with the mirrored chrome inside and such. Looks great.

The GTS model shown is only $23,244.

Here's a review I just found that is making my mind up on getting a Kizashi. Check this out. I've been wanting to get a car with a manual transmission for a while and here's my chance to do just that. Check this review out, friends.

Vehicle

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Review

Haven't had this much fun driving a car since 1978! Great fun with 6 spd.manual transmission, great pick-up and performance...watch out...in 6th gear you can go from 75-100 in a split second without trying to! LOVE MY KIZASHI!

Favorite Features

Interior! Fosgate sound! Smooth ride! Mileage!

Suggested Improvements

None so far

Here's another one I like.

Vehicle

2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Review

Iwas waiting for that car for more than a month. First i want to get GTS AWD CVT but they dont make it yet so i put order for SLS AWD CVT. I took delivery on 2/18 and the car had 24 miles on it. Now i can't say to much about acceleration because i have 350miles and still i am brake in a car but driving on high way taking few seconds to get to 80mph. So far i can say car is cool and fun to drive. On snow car feel steady. Interior its nice and it has a lots of room. Car has a lot of features for that price. If you will buy different car with those futures you will pay much more.

Favorite Features

stereo system, moon roof, AWD, paddle shifters, sunroof, push to stat button, auto wipers and lights.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot warning, 6 cd changer, buck up camera should be standard in all trims and standard navigation in SLS will be nice.

I am thinking of returning to the Pacific Northwest and in Pullman one does have a lot of snow to deal with. Yes, the home of Wasington State University, Pullman. We'll see, I have had a phone interview that went very well. I am going to check out Suzuki dealers in the Pacific Northwest in the Pullman region. I know there's one in Spokane. I miss my homeland, which is actually the Seattle area. But this hospital I'm applying for a job at is winning patient satisfaction awards and it is winning 'Top 100 hospitals to work at in the U.S.' awards as well. I'm very interested! And it does snow a lot in Pullman.

They do plow the streets there, but my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, though a great car, might have trouble in the snow, due to it's high-performance, low-profile Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S Pinna tires. Don't get me wrong, they're great tires. But I suspect the tires with the Lancer suspension and racecar type setup might cause me trouble up in Palouse country.

I'm all excited about the Kizashi and the job in Pullman. Aw, schucks. :shades:

• tigerotor77wtigerotor77w Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have thoughts (or compared for themselves) an AWD Kizashi SE or GTS with the Legacy 2.5i or 2.5GT?

There are features I like better on the Legacy, but it seems like the Kizashi tends to be more fun to drive.
  • stapletondocstapletondoc Member Posts: 14
    I've driven all kinds of cars/trucks in the past including a GMC truck, Saab, VW Jetta TDI, BMW, and MB C-Class AWD. My last car was a 2009 Suzuki SX4 AWD automatic touring crossover. The SX4 was just ok, and didn't ignite any passions. THEN, I test drove the Kizashi when it finally came to Denver. It reminded me so much of my most favorite car, a 2005 MB C-Class AWD. I was instantly in love. For over a month, I thought long and hard about whether I really wanted another Suzuki. I really have never been a fan of the company. But, perceptions can change. I ultimately got a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD Automatic in Platinum Silver. I love it more than the MB I used to own...and that's saying volumes as I considered that MB my first born child. The Kizashi's handling begs you to push it to its limits around curves and up mountains. All this fretting about no V6 and only 180/185hp is laughable. Just go test drive the car. You will see that the car doesn't need it. Yes, I was skeptical too. However, zooming up I-70 into the Colorado Rockies (going at least 80mph on a significant incline while passing up a new black Bentley Continental) alleviated any concerns for me. For those worried about mpg, go get a Prius, Fusion hybrid, or Jetta TDI. Consider Kizashi to be more of an athletic sports sedan (not unlike Audi A4), not an econobox. Oh, and by the way, comparisons of the Kizashi to a Jetta are upsetting, as I have owned a Jetta---it's NO Jetta. Kizashi is larger in real life. Internet photos make the Kizashi look small, but it has much more interior space than Jetta or the MB C-Class. Kizashi may not be for everyone, but it certainly strikes the right chord for me.
    edited April 2010
    I loved your review of your new Kizashi! I have test drove a '10 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in automatic CVT. I didn't even test the CVT in my test drive, I was so blown away by the Kizashi's smooth drive. It handles and corners like a dream. I want a Platinum Metallic Silver GTS, preferably in 6-speeds. Like this one here. I am going to be getting a new job here in a few weeks so buying is probably not in my immediate future.

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS

It would be more like 3-6 months down the road. But this is the car I can't seem to get out of my mind. And I have a nice car, a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS.

edited April 2010
    for Kizashi.

Note the new wheels, with their more intricate inner pattern there. Man, glad I waited on this pup to come along. Suzuki execs say that the GTS model will still come in at around $23,400. They've added some new chrome to the front fascia along with the wheel package. I think the whole car looks even better with this new Sport package. Here's some other looks at the Sport Kizashi.

Notice that new chrome up there? Looks pretty sharp. I am liking this particular red one here. I'm still hunting and gathering and looking at color preferences while I get slowly closer to attempting to explain to my wife that not only do I need another job we need a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS in 6-speed transmission.

Hey, I also notice an orange turn signal indicator just above the foglights that isn't there on the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi, too. You can compare by just checking my above post where I've placed a picture of a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in Platinum Silver Metallic.

All Suzuki Kizashi's have push-button start. On my test drive of a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS with the automatic CVT transmission I got to start the Kizashi by only pressing a button. I've never done that before, it is kind of strange if you haven't started a car that way before. I'll want to be depressing the clutch pedal on my Kizashi GTS before push-button starting it, huh.

• prigglypriggly Member Posts: 642
    The overall look of the new Kizashi is favorable but the wheel configurations are terrible - far, far too busy! Can you imagine how difficult it would be to clean brake dust off those wheels??!
    edited April 2010
    you think those wheels are too busy? I don't. Oh well. My '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS has wheels that are less busy-more just straight spoke. Like this.

But those wheels on the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport do not appear to me to be too busy. They look pretty good and they're done artfully. Here's a close-up view of the Sport's wheel setup.

I like 'em. :)

edited April 2010
    in polar white. This car looks quite impressive in white. It enthuses me like a real car enthusiast's car should. Might have ta buy one. :blush:

Offered exclusively on Kizashi GTS and SLS trim levels, Suzuki's new 'Sport' variant of its sleek and sophisticated sport sedan is scheduled to go on sale in the United States this August. Pricing for the all-new 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport will be announced closer to the vehicle's arrival in dealer showrooms.

Sorry ta disappoint you, but I've already snorked from an online article somewhere that the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport will be priced very close to the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS. For example, the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in 6-speed form will cost about $23,400. The 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS will no doubt cost around $23,775. Or thereabouts.

Cool. I am continuing to make slow plans to get one of these 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport's. I didn't even know the Sport model was coming. They pleasureably blindsided me on that one. ;)

Elko, NV, will be a great place to own one of these 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport's. I can just feel it in me bones, gentlemen.

edited April 2010
    to a theater near you. Random thoughts on the new 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport.

Check out all of the engineering that goes in to this new Suzuki. There is nothing else like the Kizashi in this category of car on the road today! Why might that be?

Well, let's talk about it. For starters show me another car in the segment that has: aluminum pistons with low tensile force rings, forged connecting rods, forged crankshaft, a timing chain (not a belt), balance shafts, hydraulic valve lifters and coil-over ignition. There are none.

Trust me, the above information means this car will be a great performer and is better engineered than anything in its category and price level. The prices are going to start around 19k, and go up to 25k for a totally loaded version complete with AWD! To get anything even close to this car you will have to spend at least 10k to 20K more than you will with Kizashi.

Suzuki tends to put it's money where you can't see it, unlike other brands that sell a fancy interior on a crusty old driveframe. Multi-link fully independent suspension too, no piddly semi-trailing arms or torsion beams to be found on this car.

Combine all those features with the AWD option and there's plenty to differentiate this car from Honda's, Toyota's, VW's and Subaru's, etc. Great job, Suzuki!

edited April 2010
    am I the only licensed driver in these United States of America that wants to buy one of these 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport's?

I'm startin' ta get a hankerin' for the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport in white. Suzuki calls this white 'Radiant White'. I see their point.

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Well, 13 other people bought them and posted reviews to the right. Maybe them and you are the whole market for this car. ;)
    edited April 2010
    I'm starting to wonder if you're not right!

Heck, the Kizashi Sport, due out in August 2010 as a 2011 Suzuki model, offers a 10-way adustable driver's seat, safety-passed through the year 2014, a 185-hp 2.4L 4 cylin. motor with a 6-speed transmission, foglights, leather-gripped steering wheel and gearknob, side body cladding, side moulding, sunroof, 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, cloth seating(very comfortable BTW-I test drove one at a Henderson, NV, dealer, very comfortable seating) and climate control for the front and back. All for $23,795!

The car drives like a dream. I kid you not m6user, you should test drive one. I don't see what's going to keep me away from a Suzuki dealer. Getting turned down for a loan would do it, yes. ;)

The car seems to have firmly implanted itself underneath my skin. When we do get up to NE Nevada the closest dealer will be where steve (your host here) resides, Boise, ID. It will be they that must cow-tow to my every purchasing desire or I'll be forced to stay with my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS.

Darn.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS is indeed gorgeous and also drives like a dream. Why am I looking at the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport, then?

edited April 2010
    I found my 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 6-speed in Platinum Metallic Silver for only $21,998! Here's a picture from this undisclosed dealership's website of the actual Kizashi I would run in and trade our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS for.

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in Platinum Metallic Silver (awesome shade for this car)

This is a 6-speed manual Kizashi GTS, just the model I want. It is at the best-selling Suzuki dealer in the U.S. I won't mention the dealership's name as I am not allowed by Edmunds, but I will say that I am trying to get a job that is within 212 miles of this dealership. Think Cornhusker's and you'll be honing yourself in to where I might be moving to to live and work.

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    edited April 2010
    You've been in the forums for a long time and you don't know it's perfectly alright to mention a dealers name? They just don't want salesmans names or phone numbers. Dealer names and locations are not only allowed but encouraged but it your're working a deal and think it best not to say, that's fine too.
  • The Kizashi is a good car, but will have a tough road ahead. Suzuki doesn't have many dealerships, relatively speaking. Few Suzuki models are sold here. The Kizashi will be going up against not only good products already well established, but models like the 2011 Kia Optima, which some will find better looking, not to mention its greater hp and mpg for about the same money. It is also apparently a good handler for a front driver, like the Kizashi. Then there is the 2011 Buick Regal. This process will go on and on. Suzuki will not stem this tide, with just one model offering just one powertrain. But a small number will certainly find the Kizashi to be the ticket for them.
    I cannot believe that I am about to defend Suzuki. Suzuki has never been mainstream in the US like Honda, VW, Ford, Toyota, Buick, and even Kia. And that's ok. Suzuki is a much bigger venture worldwide than most Americans realize. All this fretting about a limited dealership network is more or less American Suzuki's decision---they bought out many underperforming, less desirable dealerships. No doubt the Kizashi will be tweaked and refined in coming years. However, Kizashi is very nice like it is now. I think it a bit premature to pronounce American Suzuki as lackluster. It is just getting warmed up. The best thing Suzuki ever did was to sever ties with GM. GM was slowly suffocating American Suzuki with the ubiquitous GM policy of rebadging everything. Suzuki is going to introduce its incredibly popular Swift (next generation) this year or the next in the US. Im sure other models will follow as time goes on. After having driven Fords, GMC trucks, VWs, Saabs, and Mercedes, I am now unashamedly proud to say i drive a Suzuki Kizashi. I encourage everyone, including all those vocal skeptics out there, at least to go test drive a Kizashi. It shocked the heck out of me..and probably will surprise you as well.
  • All your points are well-taken. I have been to India many times. Suzuki absolutely dominates there, as well as in other places. But for whatever reason (lack of product is certainly one), they have not been able to gain a foothold here in the US. The very good Kizashi is unlikely to change that. It does get good reviews and comes in mid-pack or better in the comparison tests that have been done to date. It is a good choice for anyone who wants some "sport" with their mid-sizer. But its advertised "best in class" hp was bested in a matter of weeks by Hyundai, and it is already behind in the in-car technology race. It is one good model, and there is nothing else in the Suzuki pipeline right now, other than plans to bring the next generation Swift here. But when the new Swift arrives, the market here will already be flooded with that size car from Ford, Chevrolet, Mazda, Nissan, Chrysler-Fiat, etc., 2011 and 2012 models that are completely new and promising much.

The Equator (a Nissan) is unlikely to do anything in the marketplace. The Grand Vitara is not selling much. The only other models are from the SX4 family, one of which I have, and I like it a lot. But if I were shopping today, I'd be less likely to pick one up, given new competition that was not there in 2008. SX4 sales have almost collapsed, and they were hardly hot two years ago.

The VW connection should help, once some sharing gets underway. A little cross-pollination from one of the fastest growing companies worldwide will not hurt at all. Meanwhile, I still may buy a Kizashi. But it will be closely compared with several 2011 models first.
    I completely understand and agree with the points you have made. I owned a 2009 SX4 AWD touring crossover for 9 months (was not a fan of its automatic transmission)...now have a 2010 Kizashi SLS AWD. I guess I am just hoping with somewhat baited breath that perceptions about Suzuki will change over time and that US will see what value can found in Suzuki. If only Suzuki would be extremely aggressive with advertising, brand recognition, etc.
    edited April 2010
    I found me a dealer in East Wichita that is selling my 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS for only $21,998. That includes the foglights, leather steering wheel and gearknob, sunroof, 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, 6-speed transmission, 10-way adjustable driver's seat and safety through the year 2014. Suzuki tuned this car's suspension and tweaked it's engine testing on the famed Autobahn. This is one awesome car and although I now own an awesome car, a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, this car just seems to be stuck within me, refusing to unsnag and float downstream.

It is the No.1selling Suzuki store in the nation, Wichita East, that is selling this '10 Kizashi GTS for only $21,998. If I get a job in Nebraska I am about to be phone-interviewed for, I will live only 212 miles from the Wichita East Suzuki store. Check out this Kizashi GTS for a moment.

The turn signal orange indicators up above and the side of the foglights are on the regular Kizashi GTS model, not just the new Sport. I thought they arrived with the new Sport. I learned that today. Also, the black strip along the top of the grill, jus below the hoodline, is on the regular Kizashi GTS.

In other words, there's no real reason for me to wait for the Kizashi Sport, that will come in August of 2010! This is my car, waiting in Wichita for me! Can't pay cash for it, can I get a loan, though? :shades: I'm not so sure. Maybe I'd better sit tight with my '08 Lancer GTS.

my pursuit of the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi let me just say this about that. I'm still interested in the car as all get out. However, this is not the right time to trade in for one. I am in the process of switching Allied Health Respiratory Care/Sleep Medicine jobs, and things are pretty fluid right now with my wife and I.

So, for now, and the foreseeable future, we are just gonna dig the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS to the full. It's a great car and who knows we may not trade it in for another car for many, many moon.

edited April 2010
    have I mentioned lately how much I like the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS and/or the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport in white?

This may be only the second white car I have ever bought, though my wife would pick Vivid Red. The first white car was a 1966 Ford Fairlane. We used to call it old Smokey, smoke came off the motor and in to the car's cabin.

The above-pictured 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS is now going for $22,879. Plus, there is a $500 rebate available, for a total price of now $22,379. That is about $381 more than the price they last had on there when I checked(no-I'm not obsessing on this car at all~not me :D ). That would've been just a couple of days ago. Really, the price they had this Kizashi listed for, $21,998, was too low! That's the latest, I'd be lookin' at a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in Platinum Silver Metallic and 6-speeds for only $22,379.

A flaming bargain, friends, for what you get.

Trust me, buddies, I'm a friendly Respiratory Therapist and Sleep Technologist.

• You sound a little manic as well! :P

Suzuki is in no position to be raising prices on a car that is not yet selling well. Granted, it is a great car, but it is going up against some of the best iron that has ever been out there. The Legacy, the 2011 Sonata (great engine!), the 2011 Regal, the soon-to-be-released 2011 Optima (nice!!!), as well as the very good Fusion, the Altima, Accord and even the Chevy Malibu. The Camry will soon be redesigned. Suzuki cannot sit on any of its laurels, and price increases at this point are odd at best.
    that was Wichita East Suzuki raising the price of that 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS from $21,998 to $22,879. It wasn't Suzuki Motors of Japan raising Kizashi prices.

Remember, I'm ga-ga over this car so I'm focusing intently on it. I am watching it's prices like a hawk 'cause I'd like to purchase one.