Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• redsoxcaneredsoxcane Member Posts: 2
    This was through e mail so I don't believe he has even run my credit yet, although I see no reason I don't qualify for tier 1. He did say that if I pay a $750 deposit it would effect the money factor. Never heard of such a thing.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    He did say that if I pay a $750 deposit it would effect the money factor.

Typical for luxury makes... Leases require a security deposit for new customers... You can have the deposit waived for an increase in the money factor... (in other words, its backwards from the way he described it).

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mmratnermmratner Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2011
    It's been a while since I've done since last, so please forgive the newbie questions... My lease on a BMW is coming up in May, and I am thinking of switching to the S4. Test drove it today, loved it. The configuration I'd be looking for is Premium Plus with alcantara, Navi, B&O, rear airbags and possibly birch trim. Here are my questions:
    1. What are the current (March) residuals and MFs for a 36/42 month lease with 15K miles a year?
    2. I assume the best way to negotiate would be to offer a certain $ figure over the invoice. Where can I see the invoice numbers for my configuration?
    3. Are there any additional incentives I should be aware of (related to switching from BMW, or other) ?
    4. Given that my lease is up in May and I am over the mileage limit already on my BMW, does it make sense to turn in my car early to Audi?
    5. Are there any good online lease calculators that you can recommend? Ideally already including the tax and fee structure in New Jersey?

Much appreciate it, thanks.
    anyone?
    edited March 2011
    All right, I understand this is a lot of questions, but could you please answer the first one at least? I am waiting for your response to begin my negotiations with dealers.

What are the current (March) residuals and MFs for a 36 and a 42 month lease with 15K miles a year on a 2011 S4 with Premium Plus?

Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mmratner. The definitely is a nice car, but it's not cheap.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease (the 39 month numbers seem to be a little better to me than the 42 month numbers) are .00127 and 52%.

You can look up this car's dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Unfortunately, Audi is not currently providing any conquest cash incentives for current owners of competitive models on this car.

Edmunds.com has a Lease Calculator on this site, but it does not automatically calculate sales tax for your state.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thank you!

Could you please confirm the 0.00127 MF for the 39 month lease? I was at a dealer yesterday and they claim they have a different number (something like 0.00142).
    And also, could you please post the 42 months number?
    Hi mmratner. The money factor that I posted is correct. The one that you were quoted is .00015 higher. I believe that this is the amount that AFS increases vehicles' money factors by for consumers who want to have their vehicle's money factor waived.

I'm not sure what the 42 month number is. I'll see if I can find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you - could you please clarify what you mean by "increases vehicles' money factors by for consumers who want to have their vehicle's money factor waived" ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    "increases vehicles' money factors by for consumers who want to have the security deposit waived"

Fixed it.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Oops, you're absolutely right kyfdx. Thanks for the assist :).

Car_man
    Host
  • nlvancenlvance Member Posts: 1
    Hi-

Can I please have the April 36 & 39 month MF and residual % for a S4 premium plus w/ 15,000 mi/year?

Thanks much for your help!

~NLV
  • brandloyalbrandloyal Member Posts: 27
    And while you are at it, please provide the same data based on 12k miles /year.
    Thanks
  • audi12audi12 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

I need your help with an Audi S4 question. I really admire your knowledge because you provided the forum with a good source of information. I am not sure if I am getting a good deal in the following car.

I am looking to order a 2012 Audi S4 with the following options.

7 speed
    Color: black
    interior: black and red
    titanium package
    carbon inlays

I got the following deal for the car. I am looking to put Multiple security deposits and I am confortable with the program. the money factor that they quote me without the MSD is .00127

MSRP $51,325

Selling Price of $49,800

Money Factor .00007 with 8 security deposits totaling $5400

Drive offs and first payment totaling $2110.39

52% Residual for 39 months with 15K miles per year with a sales tax for Orange County =$656.24 (the tax is included)

Please advise.
  • hx699hx699 Member Posts: 20
    According to my local dealers and several other sources, orders for 2012's don't begin until may and pricing/feature changes have not been released yet. There is a price increase expected though. Audi is no longer taking orders for 2011 S4 so there's a period of limbo with no orders.

PS look into the sports rear differential option. Check forums like audiworld.com if you want details and opinions. Most owners consider that a mandatory option to get the maximum benefit of the AWD system.
  • stushmushstushmush Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    hi, does anyone know the lease rates for the 2011 S4. 39 months, 12k miles. thanks! are the rates different for premium plus vs prestige?
    Hi nlvance. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00127 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Brandloyal, the residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks audi12. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. As far as the selling price goes, the car that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,500 discount that you were quoted puts you at around $2,000 over invoice. That's a lot of room to play with, but it might just be the going rate for the S4 in your area. Have you tried comparison shopping with another dealer or two. There's enough room there that it wouldn't hurt.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stushmush. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for the S4 Sedan Prestige are .00127 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • tre6tre6 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2011
    Hi Car_man,

I am looking for the current residual % and money factor on a 2011 S4 premium plus lease for 39 and 42 months with 10k miles per year. This is for the midwest if that makes a difference. Does the money factor change if Audi Care is purchased (the audi maintenance plan)?
  • screamingelviscreamingelvi Member Posts: 1
    Does the money factor change when going from a 15k per year lease to an 18k per year lease for 36 months on a prestige plus car?

the residual value is 54%.

They are claiming the money factor is .00195 instead of .00127, are they trying to make profit on the money factor or does it change?

I am in the eastern region.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Tre6, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 S4 Sedan Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00140 and 53%.

I believe that the addition of Audi Care adds 1% to your vehicle's residual value.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Mark. The money factor wouldn't change if you increase your mileage from 15,000 to 18,000, but your residual value would change.

Car_man
    Host
  • audimanhoustonaudimanhouston Member Posts: 6
    Can you please confirm the residual and money factor for 2011 Audi S4 Premium Plus S-Tronic? Dealer is claiming rates went up on May 10 - residual at 52% (53% with Audicare) and money factor 0.0018 for 36 months/15K miles.

Other than that, I think the deal looks OK
    MSRP $54,580
    My Price $52,108

Final question, Audi care is $800 - how much do you think I can get off of this one?
    I'd be happy to audimanhouston. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not sure what sort of profit margins are in Audi Care, but if you can negotiate a good price on it it's probably worth getting because it provides a 1% boost to your car's residual values, which would lower your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • speedgod1speedgod1 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking to lease a 2011 S4 Premium Plus for 36 months. Car Man cam you provide me with an approximation of what to expect with $0 down in NYC. Any help would be appreciated. What are June MF and expected monthly. Thx
    Hi speedgod1. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I would be happy to use this lease program to calculate a sample payment on the exact vehicle that you want for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price (or at least the MSRP and invoice price). You can find this pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • speedgod1speedgod1 Member Posts: 7
    Car man the the MSRP 51,975 navi, prem plus, auto invoice $48,353 how much with taxes and fee in and out. Thx for your assistance.
    Thanks for the additional information, speedgod1.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 S4 Sedan Premium Plus that has an MSRP of $51,975 and a selling price of $49,353 ($1,000 over invoice) through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $712.

Car_man
    Host
  • kylecb5431kylecb5431 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    Car man

I'm looking to lease a 2012 Audi S4. I am new to leasing so need some help.

The car I put together has an MSRP of around $58,500 (prest pkg, s tronic, nappa, sport dif, paint, and Carbon)

They quoted me a monthly payment of $698 for 42 months with $7,000 up front and a $30,602 residual/buyout. All @ 12,000 miles a year

Does this seem like a good deal? What other questions and information should I be getting and asking?

Thanks
    Hi kylecb5431. the easiest way to evaluate this deal is to look at this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Having the selling price makes it much easier to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • swifty3swifty3 Member Posts: 12
    Hello!

I've got a good one here... I have entered into negotiation on the first 2012 S4 to reach my Audi dealership in the Southeast. All of my research only shows me MF's and Resid Values on 2011 models as opposed to any info on 2012 models. I am also unable to find any 2012 factory invoice data as well (the builds and pkgs have slightly changed). I consider myself a very informed and experienced car negotiator, but feel very naked and in the dark without any current *2012* data! Perhaps this forum can help?

I am looking for the Audi July MF and Residual Values for... And any invoice data would be mot helpful as well.

15,000 miles @ 36 months
    15,000 miles @ 39 months

**2012** - S4 - 3.0 Sedan 4-Dr Auto S Tronic Quattro - $48,700
    - PRESTIGE Pkg - $6,700
    - Phantom Black Pearl Effect - $475
    -Inlay Stainless Steel Texture - $750
    -Silk Nappa Leather - $1,000
    -Sports Rear Differential - $1,100
    -Titanium Pkg - $1,000
    -Wheel Locks - $80
    -Destination Charge - $875

Total MSRP - $60,680

Thank you Host(s) for your attention and help!
    Greetings swifty3. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Sedan Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00154 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00174 and 54%.

You can find the invoice pricing data for the car that you're interested in here: 2012 S4 Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
  • swifty3swifty3 Member Posts: 12
    Thank you Car_Man, however, your reply has specified a "2011" year make, while the car I'm looking to lease is in fact a 2012 year make and due in at the end of the month.

Wouldn't the MF and Residual be different from the 2011 for the new 2012 model?
    You're welcome swifty3. Good catch, that was a typo. Those were actually the numbers for a 2012 model, not a 2011.

Car_man
    Host
  • soupstarsoupstar Member Posts: 6
    Car_man - Would you please give me the current mf / res % / incentives for:

2011 S4 Premium Plus
    36 mos / 10,000 mi

Thanks! I can't find the lease rate sheet for July anywhere!
  • deaddogdeaddog Member Posts: 60
    I see that Audi has $1500 loyalty cash on the 2011 now that 2012 are on the lot. Anybody care to guess when Audi will crank up the incentives to blow out remaining 2011 - August, September, November?
    thanks
    Soupstar, Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00120 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • car104car104 Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man-

Looking at a 2012 S4 premium plus

Was quoted $53,500 (MSRP $55,750) with a money factor of .0020 and a .61 residual.

Their calculations came out to $799.00 a month including taxes (sales tax 6.5%) and fees on a 36 month 10,000 mile a year lease with $2,000 down.

The dealer said the money factor was as low as they could go (even with top tier credit), which from what I have been reading here seems quite high.

your thoughts on these numbers? appreciate it.
    Hi car104. the dealer definitely was not telling you the truth. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2012 S4 Premium Plus Sedan is .00154 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ocmonkeyocmonkey Member Posts: 4
    Hello, can you give me the current MF and resid for a 2012 S4 prem plus, looking for 36 and 48 month, 12,000 and 15,000 miles.

Thank you!
    I certainly can ocmonkey. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00154 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00181 and 51%.

If you were to lease for either of these terms with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ocmonkeyocmonkey Member Posts: 4
    Wow, so a 60% residual for 12k miles? That's great. Is that affected by whether you put down a security deposit?

Thanks so much for the info. You are saving us all a bunch of money.
  • powerfulzebrapowerfulzebra Member Posts: 1
    Greetings Carman...new to forum...had a question on leasing vs buying.....car is a 2012 S$ prestige with adaptive cruise/sport differential/power sunshade and wheel lock.....metallic blue black interior....MSRP $60530 Sales price $56898 ...also $1500 incentive on pruchase and $750 incentive on lease.

Trying to decide whether to lease or purchase? I usually get tired of car after 3 -4 yrs

Lease deal quoted by dealer

36 month 15,000 mile/yr
    RV $33896.80
    $700 cash down $750 loyalty discount
    $835 + tax
    MF .00169
    Bank Aquisition Fee $695
    Turn in Fee $350

Purchase deal would be
    2.75 % for 72 months with 10k down
    sales tax is 9.875 and dmv fee $475

Any feedback appreciated. I ve never leased ad the idea of a short term with no obligation attractive////saving on sales tax is a plus but then again there are two fees totalling $1050 total

So what would it look like at the 36 month mark?

Thanks
  • tglick312tglick312 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man! Looking to get a 2012 Audi S4 ... Currently negotiating with a couple of different dealers. Lease payments seem too high! Can you please provide current top tier credit money factors and residual values for a 39 month lease term with 10k miles per year for both a premium plus and a prestige car. I got quoted a .00180 for a premium plus ... Which seems way too high. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
    No problem ocmonkey. That is indeed a solid residual. Whether you make a security deposit does not have any impact upon this car's residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2011
    Hi powerfulzebra. The selling price that you were quoted looks excellent. The 2.75%, 72-month finance rate that you were quoted looks fantastic as well.

AFS' September buy rate lease money factor for the 2012 S4 is 0.00154. Make sure that the dealer uses that rate to calculate your car's payment. That's equivalent to an interest rate of just under 3.7%...a little higher than the 72-month finance rate that you were quoted.

Whether you should finance or lease depends upon how accurate you feel Audi's 36-month, 15,000 mile per year residual value of 55% is. If you feel as though it's high and that you'd never be able to get close to that when selling an S4 three years from now, you should lease. If you feel as though the residual is low and that you'll be able to do better than that selling on your own then you should finance.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey tglick312. The S4 is a fairly expensive vehicle. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 39-month lease of a 2012 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00174 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 S4 Sedan Prestige are .00174 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • 140_6140_6 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Any chance you can provide AFS buy rate (money factor) and residuals for the 2012 S4 Premium Plus for 24 and 36 months.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.