Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I certainly can 140_6. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2012 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00154 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00154 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • intubator4intubator4 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Carman, am thinking of leasing 2012 S4 Premium Plus in Southern California. Wondering about RV and money factor's out here and well as the additional "fee's", exclusive of title and registration, that you can expect to pay at drive off. Lease will be 3 years and either 12K or 15K per year. Thanks for your input!
  • wutom22wutom22 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

Looking to purchase a 2012 S4 Prem. plus automatic with rear differential, navi, 19inch, keyless, b&o system and carbon fiber inlays. MSRP of $56k

What is the current money factor and residual value for a 3 year lease with 15k miles a year for well qualified buyers. Also, how much can I get off MSRP?

Looking to buy in Los Angeles

Thanks!
  • mannelitomannelito Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I am currently looking at a 2012 S4 Manual with Prestige Pkt, Titanium Pkt, Sport Diff, Carbon Fib Inlays. MSRP 57,950 but I have negotiated it down to around 57k.

36 months
    12,000 miles
    RS 33,031.5
    MF .00154

Also trading in my car which will put around 9k towards the lease.

Monthly fee with taxes around $649.

How does this whole deal sound to you, what is your advice?
    Hi intubator4. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00154 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

At lease signing Audi Financial Services charges vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, and a $695 acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wutom22. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00154 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm personally not all that familiar with what the market is like for the S4 in your area right now, but if I was in the market for one I personally would shoot for around $1,000 or so over invoice. You can look up this car's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • intubator4intubator4 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Carman,
    I've ordered a 2012 S4 Premium Plus, and it will be here any day. Has Audi's October Buy Rate Money Factor and Residual Value on a 36 month/ 12k year lease changed any from the September numbers? I'm in Southern Calif. Thanks!
    Hey intubator4. This car's October lease program is exactly the same as its September program was.

Car_man
    Host
  • flamingo4flamingo4 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2011
    Hi Car_Man,

Would you be so kind so as to provide the October money factor and residual values for the 2012 S4 (both premium plus and prestige) for 36, 39 and 48 months at 10,000 miles. Hope I'm not asking too much, thank you in advance.
    Hello flamingo4. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00137 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The numbers for 39 and 48 month leases of this car are .00157 / 58% and .00195 / 53%.

The money factors for the S4 Prestige would be exactly the same, but its residual values would be 3% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • RonA13RonA13 Member Posts: 37
    Hi Carman,

Can you please let me know the money factor and residual on a 2012 S4 Premium Plus Automatic....

15K per year
    36 and 39 month

I was quoted 57% and .00157 on a 36 mo/15K but that conflicts with other information I have found on the internet. Basically, I saw the money factor at .00137 rather than .00157.

Thanks!

-Ron
  • cdp5cdp5 Member Posts: 2
    Car man -- I was recently told the following two things by my Audi dealer in Connecticut -- could you please confirm whether or not they are true?

1. The doc, registration, and acquisition fees of ~$1,300 in total are taxed at the CT state tax rate of 6.35%. This adds over $80 to the upfront payment. I have never heard of having these fees taxable.

2. AFS is waiving the first months lease payment on new leases for an S4.

Thanks much in advance.
    Here you go RonA13. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00137 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00157 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • RonA13RonA13 Member Posts: 37
    Thanks Car_man!

I seem to recall when I leased my current Audi that it was no problem to get the base rate money factor on the deal. How things have changed...
  • marvistamarvista Member Posts: 3
    As a female walking into a dealer, I feel I have an extra hoop to jump through to get a fair deal...

Would you please let me know what AFS' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be for a 42-month lease of a 2012 A4 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year?

My understanding, is that a dealer can/will mark up the MF? Are fees outside the acquisition fee of $695.00 negotiable in IL? After talking to 3 different Audi dealers...it's been very frustrating not only to get correct information/details on a deal, but actual information. I'm not sure what to believe at this point. Would appreciate understanding if I'm getting a decent deal, or what I need to do to get one.

Current deal:

2012 A4 premium plus
    MSRP: $40,325
    Invoice: $37,956.25
    Current sell price: $39,000
    My purchase price/residual vale: $20,198
    Fees w title/registration:$1085
    Trade in value for my 2009 A4 premium with 16,300 miles: $24K
    * i would also be eligible for a sales tax credit at 7.25%
    $0 down
    $477.33 a month payment
    10K miles/42 month lease

The whole "trade in" factor has been interesting, as I don't own the car - AFS does. Do you know what the dealer purchase price would be? They won't give me this information. I know they would not want to purchase the vehicle if they weren't making a profit. I was also told this dealer would only go $1K above invoice, while others have gone a few hundred above.
  • redsushiredsushi Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I got a great deal on my 2011 Audi S4 (many thanks to you), but unfortunately finances have taken a hit and we need to get out of our lease. I read the Edmund article on Leasetrader and Swapalease, but as far as I can tell, Audi Financial Services keeps you on as backup creditor even when you sign a lease over to someone else.

Do you know how this works? Or are there any other options? Anyone? We really need help.

Thank you!!!
    You're very welcome RonA13.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey redsushi. I'm sorry to hear about your finances taking a hit. Unfortunately, that sort of thing is way too common nowadays. Other than finding someone to assume it, I don't believe that there is any inexpensive way for you to get out of your lease early. As you said though, what you heard about the original lessee remaining liable is similar to what I have heard about transferring an AFS lease as well, which is obviously not ideal.

Car_man
    Host
  • jfeejfee Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man.
    Is there a difference in residual between a manual S4 and an auto S4? On a 36 month/12K lease, some dealers are quoting 56% and others 59%.
    Thanks!
    Hi jfee. There isn't a difference between the residual values for S4s with manual and automatic transmissions, but there is a difference between the Premium Plus and the Prestige, 59% vs. 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • biospherebiosphere Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man, can you provide the december residual and money factor for a 2012 Audi S4 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles/year?

Thanks!
  • biospherebiosphere Member Posts: 2
    forgot to mention - 36 months
    edited December 2011
    Hi biosphere. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00137 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • echiuechiu Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have the new January 2012 money factor and residuals for the Audi S4? I am looking for 36 months at both 10k and 12k miles per year.

Thanks,

-Eric
  • js2012js2012 Member Posts: 4
    Also looking for MF and residuals on 10k 36month and 39 month with the premium plus package. I am in Cleveland, Ohio and was curious as to what kind of pricing to expect on a MSRP of 54,650, ice silver paint with premium sound and navi pckgs. Any help is appreciated!
    Was just at Audi and here's the deal I had priced up. MSRP of $56,050 - S4 premium plus with nappa leather, nav, sport diff, prem sound, carbon inlay,advanced key, and paint upgrade.

36 mo, 10k mi lease with $5,500 due at signing (includes 1st month, tax, title, doc fee, etc) is $575 a month (incl tax @ 7.75%). Residual of 59% and MF of .00106. I think I did pretty good on it, but would like to know your thoughts.
  • amdscot2012amdscot2012 Member Posts: 4
    I think you did well as well. I did see that the MF is 0.00080 for an S4 however, but your out of pocket and monthly look good to me. What was the final selling price? Were you under invoice? Was this for one on the lot or an order? Any trade?
    I'm looking at trading in now for a 2012 S4, so I'd appreciate any more info. So far i'm being given number much worse than yours.
    Final selling price was $53,663 ($1,000 over invoice). This was showroom model, which just happened to be the one I had built on Audi USA . com. Paint, options, everything. So, I felt it was meant to be, ha.

No Trade, but I did get them to do a $1,000 conquest cash incentive as I am currently driving a benz. I did think the MF was a bit high, but they said that was best they could do and that .0008 rate was for A4 model and not the S4. Not sure if geography comes into play, but I'm up in northeast Ohio.

Asked them to throw in the winter mats as well and now I am picking it up tonight! Best of luck to you on your search. Let me know if you want any other details.
  • amdscot2012amdscot2012 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks - how much of the $5500 was actual money down on the car? I'm trying to get my figures straight. I'm still seeing my calculations way over $600pm.
    I think the market on the east coast here might be a little different, but it shouldn't make that much difference.
    Hey Eric. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi js2012. Please see my previous post for the 36-month numbers. The 39-month numbers are .00100 and 57% for a 10k lease of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • ryangtnryangtn Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone - I'm looking at a 2012 S4 Prestige, Black with Black Napa Leather, Titanium, sport differential, carbon fiber interior. MSRP is $59,875. Dealer is offering $58,050. First, I'm wondering if that's a reasonable price. Secondly, I'm hoping to find out the money factor and residual for a 36 month lease for 12,000 or 15,000 miles. I appreciate any advice!

Thank you!
    Greetings ryangtn. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00080 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jrodz2jrodz2 Member Posts: 4
    Like others, I am getting a quote for 2012 S4 premium plus (.0008 money factor and 58% residual). Good numbers, however when I use various online calculators and apps, the monthly payment comes out about 50.00 per month less than what the dealership shows. The only thing I can figure is they are telling me I'm getting a .0008 money factor, but likely really giving me a .0014 or so rate. Any suggestions on how to find out for sure? I was thinking of asking the dealership to give written statement regarding the .0008 rate. Thanks.
  • tintin13tintin13 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,

Do you have access to the March rates yet? If so, I'm looking for mf and residual on a 36-month/10k lease for an S4. I was quoted .00062 and 59% by the dealer who said the standard residual was 58% but I would need to buy the audicare maintenance plan to bump it up to 59%. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
  • isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119
    Sales tax in the payment?
  • kevint2kevint2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Would you please let us know the money factor and residual for Audi S4
    - Premium Plus
    - Has Audicare
    - 10k and 12k
    - 36 months?

Thanks a lot!
    Yes I do tintin13. The numbers that you were quoted are correct, including the fact that Audi Care bumps the residual value by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings kevint2. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00062 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Audi Care bumps the residual value by 1%. So does lowering the mileage allowance to 10,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • dannyg2dannyg2 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car Man. Any ideas on the upcoming residuals and money factor for a 2012 Audi S4 Premium Plus @36 mo for 12k miles?
  • dannyg2dannyg2 Member Posts: 2
    How about April MF and Residual on a 2012 S4 Premium Plus with 12k miles?
  • scottb00scottb00 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Can you please post the April MF and residual % for a 2012 S4 Premium and Prestige with 10K miles?

Thank you
  • jackal15jackal15 Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan -

I'm looking to lease a 2012 S4 Premium Plus. Would you happen to know definitively if there's no conquest cash available currently? Per Edmunds, it is not. I've been reading some reports that it is (it definitely was in Feb). Also, do you know of any other dealer incentives I could take advantage of?

Many thanks!!!! Very helpful thread

J
    Hey dannyg2. Sorry for the delay in my response. I was away on vacation. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Premium Plus Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00062 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello scottb00. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 S4 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00062 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 S4 Prestige are .00062 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jackal15. I'm pretty sure that Audi is providing a $1,000 conquest incentive on the 2012 A4...including the S4 in April.

I'm not aware of any other cash incentives on this car, other than the owner loyalty...which probably cannot be combined with the conquest.

Car_man
    Host
  • lfsr1544lfsr1544 Member Posts: 3
    Hi car man -
    which one of these lease deals is the better deal?
    also, I haven't thrown my trade in into the mix. bad idea?

s4 auto
    phantom black with black interior

prem plus
    nav
    rear acoustic parking

msrp $52600

36 months

649.12 with 3833.36 or 697.66 with 2178.64

OR

36 months

$686.58 and $3251.00 due at drive off

....do I need to ask any other questions? is residual # that important in that mix? some dealers state msrp and some don't.
  • scottb00scottb00 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the info Car man
  • pcullen1pcullen1 Member Posts: 41
    Hi Car Man

Could you please provide the May residual and buy rate money factor for the premium plus and prestige, 10k and 12k/year when they are available.

Thank you.
    You're very welcome scottb00.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.