Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• rx350lesseerx350lessee Member Posts: 10
    You never mentioned a few important items:

1. Actual sales price/capitalized cost
    2. Residual
    3. State you live in, i.e., use tax state?

Assuming MSRP as the actual sales price and a 56% residual, you'd be paying ~$650.00/month (tax included - again, assuming you live in a use tax state).

So, it doesn't look like they're doing you any favors... Also, notice that the difference between out of pocket and down payment is only $611.00... There's probably a lot more padding there being offset by the rebates you're getting, i.e., your actual capitalized cost reduction is only a fraction of $1,750.00...

Good luck!
  • isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119
    What is the appraised value of the A5? In otherwords, do you have any equity in it to use toward the trade? Pretty low mileage, but I do not know the condition or how the A5s hold their value. Does not look like they are doing anything more than taking it off your hands.

Just a few observations: 1. The $750 is the special rebate, not the $1,000. And the $750 (actually Audi Financial Services lease bonus cash) expired 4/2/2013, unless something new was just announced. The $1,000 is the loyalty incentive.

2. The MF on a lease term over 36 months is .00088, not .00068. And the last round of Audi lease programs which are where these MFs are from also expired on 4/2/2013. The dealer may not even have the new program info yet.

3. Those are A LOT of fees. Admin fee and doc fee is all dealer padding for profit. 1st month, acq fee of $695, title (capped by state law), registration and any required state MV fees are the only legit fees. Have the dealer break these out.

4. Estoril Blue is very difficult to maintain. You will get swirl marks unless you plan to use a special paint protectant, like Opti Coat and hand wash the car yourself. A car wash will destroy it.

5. As pointed about by another member, you have failed to tell us the negotiated sales price BEFORE the application of any trade in or incentives.

6. Avoid putting money down on a lease. Should be no issue to do $0 down. $3,750 down is equivalent to an extra $89 on your monthly payment...just keep that in mind.
    Not sure if you pulled the trigger on this one, but it does not appear to have the Sport Differential (PDU) option. This is considered a must by enthusiasts and will hurt the resale value of the car (and the actual value at lease term end wherein you will likely have some equity based upon the very conservative residuals set by Audi on S4s).

Personally, I'd pass.
  • rx350lesseerx350lessee Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2013
    I actually did pull the trigger on that one, Isles1. No sports diff for me... :( It was very hard to find a car with the options I wanted. All cars equipped with sports diff also had Nav, which I really didn't need/want.

So, since I'm not tracking this car (I have a Supercharged E36 M3 that I use for that sort of thing) and will most likely return the car at the end of the lease, thought I'd take advantage of the incentives + reasonable deal I've got last month.

As far as Estoril Blue goes, yes, like any other dark color, it'll show swirl marks if you're brave enough to take your car to a regular automatic car wash. I take mine to a hand car wash and bring with me everything I want them to use on my car: shipskin mitts and microfiber towels.

Still, eventually swirl marks will show and I'll resort to Zaino to take care of them... :)
  • reaction23reaction23 Member Posts: 9
    The state I live in is NY and you're right about the padding. I feel the same way and am going to work to see the breakdown of the fees with the dealer. Hopefully able to get rid of some of those padded fees as well as have the Audi care included in the monthly payment. I will find out the residual as well as the actual capitalized cost on the car. Thanks for the info so far.
    As a NY resident I can tell you that the Title Fee is capped at $75, you'll have NYS inspection fee of $10, and NYS tire recycling fee of $12.50.

DMV fees will vary whether you are transferring plates or getting new plates. For your reference, I transferred plates to my 2013 S4 with just under 1 year remaining on the registration: Cost was $66.00. The dealer will estimate the DMV fees, and is required by law to refund to you any overpayment.

There are a lot of Audi dealers in the Tri-State area. No reason to get taken advantage of. Just be well-informed and willing to walk away. You'll get your price on an in stock 2013. 2014 order sheets are just around the corner....
    Sorry I forgot to mention that I had put a deposit down to hold the car for me as the lease bonus cash that expired on 04/02/2013 was still able to be put down for me luckily as I just made it. And I believe that i received the loyalty incentive of $1,000. Which totaled $1,750 in capitalized cost reductions.

I was certainly thinking about putting now down payment and having it rolled into the monthly.

Thanks about the info on the ext. color. I will definitely keep that in mind.
    Here is the breakdown of the fees on my worksheet from the dealer, which is pretty ridiculous and will need to be worked out before doing anything else. I just wanted your opinion of what can be taken off:

Title&Reg: $75
    Car Wash & Detail: $95 (Lol)
    Admin fee: $495
    Bank acq fee: $695
    dp: $3,750
    M.V. fees: $341.50

Also, what is the current lease/money factor on 2013 S4 for March on a 42 lease term? So I know where I should be on par with the dealer. Need to work these numbers a bit I think.

Lastly, I am thinking about keeping my A5 till the end of the lease term which will be October, but I feel if I go put in a order for a new 2014 its going to be at a premium. I wanted to know your thoughts on that as well. Thanks again for the guidance.
    edited April 2013
    With your exterior color, I'd specifically ask the dealer not to wash or detail it. So that gets rid of the $95 "prep" fee.

The Admin fee is BS. Cross it out.

MV fees look about right if you are getting new plates.

You locked in the "old" program (which ran from 1/2013 - 4/2/2013) with your deposit on 4/2/2013. MF on 42 month term is .00088; residual is 50% for 10K miles per year. No idea what the new programs are, and the dealer may not either; regardless, you get the benefit of the better program as of order date or delivery.

You mentioned AudiCare in one of your posts above. What price were you quoted? Also know that AudiCare adds 1% to the residual value stated above.

No doubt you'll pay a premium for 2014. Interest rates almost always start out higher at the beginning of a model year. You'll also have less bargaining power as there will be no cars on the lot, at least until mid-year.

Again: What is the negotiated sales price BEFORE the $1,750 of incentives and net of AudiCare? Why put money down on this lease?
    Okay I will definitely speak to the dealer about the crossing out the admin fee because I thought it may be "bs" and yes certainly need to remove that $95 "prep" fee. So that takes off roughly about $590.

In regards to the Audicare, they dealer did not mention the price on it but I believe it is about $880 for the S4. I am going to haggle with the dealer and see if they are willing to cover that charge for free especially since I am trading in my lease early which I did purchase the Audicare on my A5.

Yes, I am glad to have received the lock in for the "old program" but still need to get rid of some of those fees and will have them roll in the down payment. I'd rather not pay a premium for the 2014 S4 considering they are not changing the body style...I believe but not 100% sure. Let me know if I'm incorrect on that piece of info.

I will get you the negotiated sales price before the incentives and hopefully net of the Audicare, which I hope to receive free of charge. I would rather not put money down if necessary other than paying the taxes and fees up front.

Let me know if this seems much more comparable to a decent deal though I haven't given you the additional pertinent information. Thanks again for you advice isles1
    You are going to pay for the AudiCare one way or the other. $800 - $880 (which is full MSRP) is the typical range...not worth haggling over. Ask to have AudiCare "thrown in" AFTER you get to the bottom of the sales price before incentives....BUT

Those who report getting AudiCare for free typically pay for it via the types of fees we've been talking about crossing out. I would not hesitate to pay for it, especially on a 42 month lease with an S Tronic (the 35K fluid change service alone is close to $400 a la carte). Because it adds 1% to the residual, depending on MSRP, AudiCare only ends up costing about $350 over the term of the lease.

For a 2013 on the lot at this juncture, I'd be aiming for a sales price of invoice to $500 over invoice BEFORE the incentives. You can calculate invoice here on Edmunds.com. Unless you love it and it is exactly what you want and are therefore willing to pay more than that, just be ready to walk away. You'd be surprised how that can turn the tables.
    It seems right about the Audicare...maybe they are padding the bill with those fees regarding the Audicare, I will just need them to clarify with those include if not then I will definitely get the Audicare but will ask have it thrown in after I get to the sales price.

Also, the car I am getting is manual...sorry forgot to mention that before in the first post. I understand how expensive it can be to fix these german engineered cars without the Audicare. So unfortunate how they get us to pay for this unlike BMW which is automatically free though I'm sure within the fees it really isn't.

The car was not built to order but when my dealer was researching one for me, there were really no manuals available. Fortunately for me, there was one ESB coming in on the ship to the states that they were able to get for me, but nevertheless there are still some pricing to work out. I will find out that additional information so you can give me a full opinion. Thanks.
    Also, I was reading through your post and I noticed that I will most likely keep the same plates as I currently have so the M.V. fees should be less...correct?
  • flamingo4flamingo4 Member Posts: 9
    I would like to know what is the Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year for consumers who qualify for top credit tier.

I know the most recent numbers which were in effect until 4/2/13 were .00068 and 56% and curious to know if these have since been updated. Thank you.
  • afadeevafadeev Member Posts: 4
    Just walked out of an Audi dealer in NJ and I was quoted the same lease rates for 36m 10K/year: MF = 0.00068 (1.63% APR) and 56% residual value.

The low residual is killing the lease comparison with 335ix, whereby S4 comes out $49/month more expensive ($512 for 335iX @MSRP - loyalty vs. $561 for S4 assuming invoice +500 negotiated price for my options).

S4 is quicker and more fun, though.

*sigh*
  • helixtimestwohelixtimestwo Member Posts: 11
    The low residual is because Audi doesn't subsidize their leases like BMW does. this will result in a more realistic buyout at the end of your term.

So, if you have any intention of exercising your purchase option with the S4 then it is worth it.. also keep in mind that your S4 may be worth more than the buyout, giving you actual equity in the vehicle that you can sell to a dealer or trade in on something else.

Also, consider MSDs to get your payment lower, although I think Audi might bottom out at .0005... but thats still $10/mo or so in savings.
  • badbaddogbadbaddog Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Lease on a 2013 S4 Premium Plus:
    Manual
    Phantom Black
    Black/black Alcantara
    Carbon Atlas Inlay
    B&O
    Sports Dif
    MMI Nav Plus
    Advanced key
    Audi Care

15K miles yr / 36 months
    $675/mo + $2,900 out of pocket

Thanks in advance !!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go flamingo4. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00068 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As you can see, this is the same as the numbers were in March.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Not enough information. Read the last few pages of this thread to see info needed.

Basics:

Sales price (not MSRP/sticker) BEFORE tax, trade, incentives, AudiCare
    What does out of pocket cover (e.g. down payment, fees)? Ask the dealer to break these down.
    Quoted Money Factor and Residual
    Payment includes sales tax? Regardless, what state are you in?
  • badbaddogbadbaddog Member Posts: 2
    MSRP 55,170
    SALES PRICE 51,000
    RESIDUAL 29,178
    MF .00068

OUT OF POCKET OF 2,900 =
    1,090 ACQ, TITLE, REG, DOCUMENT FEES
    1,810 SALES TAX

STATE IS NJ
  • jim1969jim1969 Member Posts: 62
    Is there a difference for 36 mo/ 15,000 per year?
    I ended up picking up the 2013 S4 lease and I just wanted give my lease details

Options:
    Estoril Blue Crystal
    6 spd manual
    Black/Silver - Fine Nappa Leather
    Advanced Key
    MMI Navigation
    B&O sound system
    19" five segment spoke wheels
    Alu-optic supercharge badges and stone guards
    Sport diff
    Carbon atlas inlays
    Audi Car
    Wheel & Tire Package

Lease Details:
    MSRP: $58,420
    Sales price: $55735.20
    Incentives/Rebates: $2,750
    Out of Pocket: $3,326 (down payment: $1,000 taxes and fees: $2,326)
    Audi care: $880
    Wheel & Tire Pkg: $1,420
    Term: 42 months
    MF: .00088
    State: NY

Lease payment: $730

Also, just wanted to say the car is amazing and looks great. The exterior and interior are definitely going to keep me busy on keeping clean. Great car

Thanks
  • helixtimestwohelixtimestwo Member Posts: 11
    Nice specs! Is that for 15k miles/year?
    Thanks and no...its only 12k miles/year.
    Hey jim1969. The money factor for a lease with 15,000 miles per year, but the residual value would be 3% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks
    You're welcome jim1969.

Car_man
    Host
  • noahsdadnoahsdad Member Posts: 31
    i have been shopping leases on an S4 for my wife.

i have negotiated deals at three dealers, but for some reason on car stands out.

MSRP 58595
    Sales price 53000 (more about that in a bit)
    includes audicare thrown in

36 month lease 10k/yr.. I had requested buy rate on my initial offer of 54500, but the Stealer held at 1% mark up to MF .0011, but agreed to cut the sale price to 53000 and included audi care. Normally wouldnt agree to this but the 9.5% discount makes me consider this.

When plug in the numbers to any of my three lease calculators, i come up with the following monthly:

639.50 a month excluding tax tags title/processing fees with no cap cost reduction

The dealer has quoted me 690/month plus TTT/processing..... I cant find the added 50/momth can anyone help.

I have used the same calculator for every car I've purchased in the last 10 years and its always spot on, where am i getting screwed...
  • mi7mi7 Member Posts: 31
    I need a set of eyes on this deal..something doesn't seem right:

MSRP 56,795 premium plus
    Sell price 53,116
    42 months
    12k miles
    $1,500 drive off

They are giving me $1,700 in incentive. Additionally I am rolling in $1,100 in negative equity.

Payment $699+tax

They said they are loosing $1500 on this deal but something doesn't seem right...
  • z4maudiomanz4maudioman Member Posts: 130
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please post the May lease residuals and money factors for a 2013 Audi S4 Premium Plus? I am looking for the 36 and 42 month rates at 10K miles/year.

Also, are there any incentives/programs being offered this month? Conquest, rebates, credits, etc?

Thank you for your help.
  • dfd3dfd3 Member Posts: 57
    Car_Man:

Trying to work a deal on a 2014 S4. I know it's a bit early but when you have the info could you provide the money factor and residual for a 2014 S4 Prestige, AudiCare included, 15K miles, 36 month term?

Much Appreciated!!
    2013 S4 prem plus stronic

msrp 58595
    Sell price 52000 (discount 11.26%) and Audicare
    36 month 10k lease.
    no cap cost reduction
    610 plus TTT/fees
    MF is not a buy rate but the discount more than offsets the 1% the dealer held. They held very firm, but in the end knocked off over 2000to offset the additional money factor. best of all the wife is happy
  • trey101trey101 Member Posts: 15
    Can you please explain how you received almost $7k off of MSRP? Did the car have miles, etc? Around here in NY you are lucky to get $2,500 off.
    I kept pushing them and had three dealers all between 4500 and 6800 off sticker each trying to sell. Cars with lesser discounts were at buy rate. This car, to offset the finance arm of the dealership holding a point, was discounted further on the sale price. Be firm. And educated, and don't be afraid to walk
    Hi z4maudioman. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00068 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00088 and 52%.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive for current owners of Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus and BMW vehicles.

Audi is providing new option credits on certain S4s right now as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dfd3. Audi has not published a lease program for the 2013 S4 yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • car_curious1car_curious1 Member Posts: 21
    Car_man,

What do you mean by "Audi is providing new option credits on certain S4s right now as well."

Do you mean certain package options are discounted?

Thanks,
    Yes car_curious1, Audi is providing discounts on vehicles that dealers have in stock that have certain options. It cut the prices of these options or began providing them for free on any new vehicles that come from the factory from now on. These discounts theoretically should be reflected on some sort of additional window sticker on the vehicle, but definitely make sure that they are.

Car_man
    Host
    Can you list the discounted options?
  • m4mm4m Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    I am currently looking into buying a new S4.
    I was looking at local dealer’s inventory (GA) but they didn't have what I'm looking for. Found one at FL dealer. Here is what they offered:
    Here is what they offered:

MSRP: $54,565
    2013 Audi S4 Premium Plus
    Lease on a 2013 S4 Premium Plus:
    6 MT
    Carbon Atlas Inlay
    Sports Dif
    MMI Nav Plus
    Advanced key
    19" Wheels pkg
    Stone guards & sprcharge badges
    All-wearther mats, trunk liner

Sale price: $51,836
    Taxes: $3152.10
    Dealer Fee: $699
    Total price: $56,117.05

0 down/36 months/10K: $800.24

I appreciate any inputs! Thank you
    got to say that doesn't sound like such a great deal on that car. See my above posts about my recent deal on an S4 Stronic. you got 5% off. Without knowing the MF, its hard to say. seems based on my quick calcs with the taxes and fees capped its a bit high
    Do not pay dealer fee of $699; there is no basis for it.

You should be getting a $550 credit for the advanced key option which is now standard on 2014 models.

You need to know the money factor being used to calculate your payment. Ask the salesperson.

Your sales price looks to be about $750 over invoice...with 2014 deliveries less than 6 weeks away, I'd hope one could do better than that. This car becomes a leftover very soon.
    Here is I got more another quote with all the details, but it does not seem like any better deal:
    MSRP $$56,165

Sale price: $54,665 (including shipping the car here)

Residual: 49%

MF: .00138

Taxes (6.5%): $3,591.57

Dealer fee $589.99

Tag/Registration fee $42

0 down/36 months/10K: $838 a month (first month’s payment due at signing, all fees are in.)

I appreciate any recommendations!
    edited May 2013
    I got over 11% off a month ago, and now the 2014s are coming fast, Got to figure the dealers are sitting on alot of metal. I'd would tell them what you are willing to pay, an that you will not lease a car at a marked up buy rate. They are marking the MF up an evuivalent of 1.68%. That's insanity. There are MANY dealers that will lease at buy rate. and if they mark it up, then do as I did, and walk away until they knock more off the sell price. And unless things changed alot in three weeks, the AFS residual is 56% (stronic) and 57% with audi care. 49%? really...cant be

sometime I think I should go into business negotiating this stuff for people.
    so what offer would you make on following car?:
    MSRP: $54,565
    Lease on a 6 MT 2013 S4 Premium Plus:

Sale price: ~$ 49.000 (based on % off you got)

Residual:

MF:
    Why is sales tax apparently being calculated off the sales price? Sales tax should be on the lease payments only.

Residual is WAY off. Dealer cannot/should not be able to adjust residuals EXCEPT if adding AudiCare (+1%).

What is the cost to ship the car...have that fee broken out. If you choose to ship rather than pick up, confirm "ship" means via truck, not someone driving it to your location.

As stated above, money factor is being padded. Insist on the buy rate, which I believe is still .00068 for 36 month leases on 2013 S4s.

At the end of the model year, I'd shoot for $1K under invoice, so offer $2K under. 6MTs are not easy to find, and if the dealer knows that is what you want, you may have sealed your fate. You can also start focusing on what the car does not have, like B&O sound, whether you really want it or not.
    Thank you isle1! Appreciate your input - good catch, it does not have a B&O, at this time Im more concentrating on how much I could off MSRP on ’13 models, MF and rate.
    As far sales tax - We will no longer pay sales tax on the monthly payment as well as the ad valorem tax which discontinued in GA since March.
    We are now paying 6.5% for the so called "Title Tax". So I have option to roll it into the monthly payment or chose to pay it upfront and be done with it.
    So I will shoot for sale price of 49K, MF .0068 and include AudiCare in it...
    we'll see
    I agree with the above. I negotiate by email only. No emotions. No face to face. I only make phone contact after the deal is agreed upon, and only show up in dealer to sign the lease. I would push very hard too. no none is going to offer you a deal, you have to push for and make your own deal. Happy buying
  • klc3757klc3757 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    All,
    I'm considering 2013 s4 with the following:
    - 10k miles / year
    - 3 year lease
    - audi care

What's the latest MF and residual % for this car?

I'm also considering a5 and s5. Do they same the same rate?

So far dealers have been hesitant to provide the lease rates despite my specific request to provide detailed numbers. Not to mention that in Illinois we have to pay sales tax on the entire sale (not just depreciation) . So now I still have problems getting my spreadsheet to match what the dealers provide.

Thanks so much for your help. You guys are taking some of my anxiety of leasing the first time out.
  • waldrondigitalwaldrondigital Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Wanted to share, for anyone interested:

Dealer: Santa Monica Audi, Santa Monica, CA

Audi S4 Premium Plus
    Black Phantom Pearl
    MMI + Nav
    Sport Differential
    Sportronic Auto
    Heated Seats
    19" 5 Spoke Rims
    Audi Key
    Nappa Black/Magma Red Leather
    Carbon Atlas Inserts

Sticker: $56,315.00
    Negotiated Price: $51,336.80
    Including Audi Care and Term Care + $695 acq fee: $53,738.80
    MF: 0.00088
    Residual: 50%

42 Month Lease
    10K per year
    Audi Care - $880
    Audi Term Care - $717

Cap cost reduction: $4,428.94
    Above includes all fees, $2428 trade in allowance, $1k Cash, $1k loyalty rebate
    Total financed: $50,704.74

Payment: $651.06
This discussion has been closed.