Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'd be happy to help you out, redsushi.

Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S4 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00107 and 53%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that's available on leases of it to current Audi, BMW, and Mercedes owners.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Help! I recently leased a 2010 S4 in March. After having terrible experiences with the dealership (car came not as promised, car was supposed to be fixed, dealership screwed up fixing it 6 times), the owner of the dealership gave me AudiCare to compensate. This is supposed to INCREASE my RESIDUAL from 51% to 52% (and therefore decreased lease payments), but after 4 weeks of phone calls with Audi Corporate, they're refusing to do this. Apparently they say they've called the dealership who won't rework my original contract to reflect that I have audi care, and without a reworked contract, I can't get the increased residual (and therefore decreased lease payments).

What do I do? Doesn't Audi Corporate and/or Audi Financial HAVE to honor this with lowered payments? Everyone says Audi Care is in the system as applied to my car, but no one will say my payments can be decreased!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,134
    The dealership gave you the free service, but I doubt that will affect your lease contract..

Yes, if you purchase Audicare at lease inception, they write the lease with a one point higher residual... But, what the dealership does to compensate you for some other issue isn't binding on Audi Finance...

They are giving you free service.... that's great.. Doubt you'll get more from the bank, though.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kocsi1kocsi1 Posts: 11
    HEy Scooter, I'm in the MN area and wanted to touch base with you directly so we could compare notes! Your email isn't listed, not sure of a good way to contact each other though? Friend request?
  • aklugaklug Posts: 1
    Car_Man:

I've got a 2011 S4 ordered and am wondering if you have leasing info on it yet?

Its a prestige 36 month with 12,000 miles and will do audi care if it makes sense so let me know residual both ways if you could please. Thanks!
  • frank146frank146 Posts: 2
    car_man,

If you have a second would you mind posting the 2011 S4 lease rates.

many thanks
    Nice car, aklug. I have seen the program for the 2011 model.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00174 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

I believe that Audi Care adds 1% to vehicles' residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Frank. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • kstricker22kstricker22 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Hey all, thought I would share my experience from leasing an S4 tonight and maybe get some advice.

I have been looking at a 2011 Black MT6 Premium Plus S4 the last couple nights. The car has Nav, Limited Slip and that's about it. The MSRP was $53k I believe. It does not have the advanced keyless or upgraded stereo.

I got in around 6:30p, and talked to the sales manager about the car. I am returning a 335i lease return on 8/2 and am ready/need to buy a car. No trade, perfect credit, super easy deal. The sales manager gives me a quote of $640 per month w/5K down @ 42 mos. He said I was getting 6% off of MSRP due to my employer discount, but must show paystub to prove I work for Microsoft. I said fine and and took the car for a test drive.

I come back and decide to buy the car, the sales manager I chatted with has gone home and new sales manager is taking over. I am assured that he is aware of the deal that was discussed with previous sales manager.

I go back to finance..

1) They never asked to see a paystub, after stating several times prior- I needed to show it as proof
    2) Finance starts going over the paperwork and the payment is around $830ish and the cap cost is back at full MSRP. "oops" their mistake, sales manager comes in and tells finance to change msrp to $50k
    3) Payment now comes out to $720.69; I say that I was actually told $640+ tax for a total of $702
    4) She tells me, "he must not have calculated the "document service fee" of $150 or the $625 acquisition fee. "its normal that the price can change from what you were told by "sales".
    5) What the?
    6) Everyones obviously in a rush to get out of the office because its now 9:00pm, an hour after closing and everyone wants to go home
    7) I said fine, it's not a big deal, $15 a month and sign paperwork.
    8) Sales manager says if I am around this weekend he can "make it right"
    9) I am handed temp plate and walk out the door
    10) I stood in front of the new S4, which I really like and was kind of mad. Felt like I didnt get the deal I was told. maybe its just principle instead of the lousy $15 but, I wasn't happy.
    11) Got in my BMW and left the new car in the parking lot.
    12) Tomorrow not sure what I am going to tell the dealer, when we obviously talk and they wonder why the new S4 is still sitting at the front of the dealership

Does it seem like this is petty and I should be happy with the deal? I was told the residual is 55%, didnt take audi care or any other finance options. I do not know what the MF is. I did ask for and see the invoice it was $49,809 I believe.

Also realized driving home they forget to ask for me to write the check for the down.

Any comments are helpful and thanks for reading.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,134
    I wouldn't be happy with that, either...

Although, I'm not sure I would have waited till the dealership closed to decide not to take the car.. :surprise:

If you talk to your original guy, tell him what happened, and assuming you still want to do the deal, stipulate that it has to be exactly as agreed to...or no deal.

Or, just call them up and tell them you didn't like the changes to the price, the way you were treated, and you won't take the car.. Since you haven't given them any money, and didn't take the car off the lot, there isn't really anything they can do..

Good luck, and let us know... should be interesting..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Car Man,

Thanks for providing the July numbers. Do you know if the August numbers changed?

Best,

Frank
  • dhamiltondhamilton Posts: 873
    if you haven't driven the car off the lot, you haven't taken delivery, no deal. I'm pretty sure they will eat the 15 bucks
  • mattndmattnd Posts: 1
    I too, would like to know the money factor and residual values for August. I am looking at an 2011 Prestige. Haven't decided on a 36 or 42 month lease yet. I am also doing the college grad lease program if it makes any difference.
  • August lease rates for 2011 S4 Prem Plus:

For 36 mos - MF .00174; RV 56% (15K), 58% (12K), 59% (10K) add 1% to RV if you buy AudiCare ($790 + tx) which will be included in the lease price
  • mm91mm91 Posts: 5
    I want to lease the 2011 S4 but I have some questions.

Does anyone know if the dealerships are getting titanium pkg. S4's in yet? I saw the package and loved it and really want to get it but I haven't seen any on the lots in SoCal yet.

Anyone who has leased an S4 recently, especially a MY11, I would love to hear your experience.

I built the S4 online with all the options I want and the MSRP came out to be $54,750. I want a 36 mo. lease, 5k down, 12k miles per yr. I calculated the lease using the factors in the post above and it seemed good. Anyone who knows '11 S4 leases do you think it reasonable for me to believe that I could pay low to mid 600's per month?

How much off MSRP should I expect a dealer to give me?

-Thanks
    Hi Frank . I believe that the August lease program is fairly similar to the July program.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00174 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mattnd. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Sedan Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00174 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00194 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I leased a 2010 S4 this weekend at Rusnak Westlake (CA) -- Premium Plus, navigation and MMI, sports differential package, nappa leather upgrade, carbon fiber accents, 19" wheel package.

36 month, 10K/year. Paid $2000 drive off fee and got a monthly fee of $755 tax included. This includes Audi Care and excess wear & tear coverage ($690 & $650, respectively). Traded in my A3 which had a few months left on the lease and got the buyout fee for it so that was a wash. Overall experience was good. Seems there are quite a few 2010's left around so deals are around.

BTW, I went to Rusnak Pasadena first, walked into the Porsche showroom to use the restroom where a salesman looked me up and down and said their restroom was for clients. There went that sale.

The S4 is fantastic. Very happy with it. Much quieter than my A3.
  • Thanks for the help, Car_man. Knowing all the info helped me get a better deal.
    You're very welcome kfulbeck. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Enjoy your sweet new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car man can you give me thoughts on this lease offer.
    2011 S4 Prem Plus Nav. B&O,Sports Rear Diff, 19" Titanium Sports Pkg., Supercharged badge, wheel locks. MSRP$54,630,Invoice$51,332 Offer $52,830.
    42mos. 15K Taxes(8.625%) and Audicare paid upfront. Lease rate.00194, Residual 53% w/Audicare. $727 per mos.
    Thanks
    Hi milazzo1. $1,500 over dealer invoice isn't bad. If you have the time and you are so inclined, you might be able to beat this offer by shopping around at a few other dealers, but again this price isn't unreasonable...especially considering that the dealer is using your car's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car man. Just want to make sure the numbers were right for the monthly. I've shopped it and most places were right around there. The ones that were cheaper on price were more expensive on dealer doc fees. I felt comfortable with this deal, I just wanted to make sure that the monthly was inline with the figures I gave you. Thanks again youve been a great help.
  • You're very welcome, milazzo1. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
  • bubulakebubulake Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    I was actualy looking to lease an S4 white for 36mo with all the options in premium plus or whatever thats called.but they whay it looks on paper and from your experience mo. payments will be around 700 /750+ .
    Trying to get European delivery , me and my wife originaly from Europe and we wike to travel a lot so that will be another reason.
    When i checked forums about european deliveries , this one has been very enlighting ,
    [http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/810458/?start=100]
    i wonder how come leasing a bmw (witch i dont personaly like you can see one very street corner)335i for around 400 max $500/mo with european delivery its almost half the price of leasing an S4 witch MSRP is cheaper than the bimmer
    . I guess residual value has something to do with? :mad: :cry:
    Not im not so sure if i should spend that much money montly or just go for another german car but with a better ED program and save some $$ in process.
    I test drive the s4 yesterday and the car is outathisworld!
  • Hi there. My husband works for microsoft and I have a 2011 S4 on order as we speak. How did you find out about the microsoft discount? Is it at all Audi dealers or just yours?
    Thanks so much in advance!
  • I am in the process of getting an S4 Prestige, Rear Dif, Carbon, Side Assist, Red/Back from Barrier. When I mentioned the MS discount the sales person told me this only applied to purchases and not leases. The discount is listed on the Prime web site as Retail - 6%. I won't be negotiating price until the car shows up in a few weeks ( on the way ).

The full retail is 58,400. They quoted me a lease of $975 + tax/mo without looking at my credit while I was there. I don't know the lease rate they used but the residual was 32.5k, 12k/mo. After doing some research I think I should be able to get this down to ~850 - 900 ( including tax ).

Does anyone have the lease rates for Sep?

We own a mercedes ( from barrier as well ). I saw another post that there was a $750 cash back for audi/porsche/merc owners. Is that still in effect, and offered by Audi?
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Posts: 66
    edited September 2010
    No way you can lease a 335i for less than $500 unless with a huge down payment. Although the S4 lease deal above your post did seem very expensive for the MSRP and the $15k down. I heard great reviews about the S4 against the 335i, but not at these numbers.

A4 2.0T on the other hand was a little lacking in drivetrain refinement compared to the base 328i, but A4 is a much better looking car :)
  • The post above bubulake was not MSRP and it's 15K miles not $15k down. Just want to clarify.
  • mm91mm91 Posts: 5
    Does anyone have the September lease factors for the 2011 S4, Premium Plus, 12k, 36 months.

Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.