Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Target $643 ($50 Off) or less a month then it is okie to seal the deal.
  • staimdstaimd Posts: 6
    Just agreed to a new 2014 S4 - Premium plus 6MT, Estoril blue, Nav/MMI, Sports Diff, Side Assist, All weather mats.

MSRP - $54900
    Invoice - $54589
    Price agreed - $54150

36 months, 15k miles
    $8.90 down (couldn't get it to $0 on the computer)
    Residual 55%
    MF 0.0010
    Monthly payment - $748.30

Is that the current top tier money factor? Thoughts on the deal?
  • isles1isles1 Posts: 110
    edited August 2013
    The numbers you are posting must be wrong, and/or you are leaving out some details. Without even putting those figures into a lease calculator I can see the numbers do not work.

Confirm MSRP and sales prices.
    Sales tax (and state of residence) in the payment?
    Incentives (i.e. loyalty, conquest)?
    What is due at lease signing?
    Are you being charged any fees other than AFS Acquisition Fee ($695) and title/registration (varies by state)?
    Whoops! Mixed up some of the numbers, sorry about that.

Let's try this again:
    New 2014 S4 - Premium plus 6MT, Estoril blue, Nav/MMI, Sports Diff, Side Assist, All weather mats.

MSRP - $54900
    Invoice - $51589
    Price agreed - $51450

36 months, 15k miles
    $8.90 down (couldn't get it to $0 on the computer)
    Tags/doc fees - $223.65
    Acquisition fee - $695
    No incentives
    State - PA (6% tax)

Residual 55%
    MF 0.0010
    Monthly payment - $748.30

Hopefully that's right. Is 0.0010 the current top tier money factor?

I did some calculations and I will most likely be over 15k miles but not sure if I'll reach 18k. Any thoughts on whether it's better to buy the miles now at $0.15 or halfway through at $0.20 when I'll know better?
    I cannot speak to the MF or residuals for August. The MF does not look padded to me based upon last month's programs. Assuming tax, acquisition fee and tags are all rolled into payment, the numbers add up as far as the monthly payment.

What sticks out here is a 2014 S4 under invoice. Does not seem right to me. I'd expect at least $500 over invoice. So what is the total due at signing? Call me a pessimist, but I'd bet the dealer is adding fees to effectively bump up the negotiated sales price. If I am wrong, you are getting a great deal.
    Total due at signing is $1739.20. That includes first month's payment, doc/tag fee, acquisition fee, and some sort of luxury tax of $62.55.

Are you saying that the acquisition fee and tag fees are already rolled into the monthly payments? So am I paying them twice?
    If doc/tag fee & acquisition fee are due at signing and not in the monthly payment, then the monthly payment is too high. Off by about $25 per month, or $900 over the lease term. So go back and confirm the sales price and that there are no other fees adding to the capitalized cost.

You CAN roll the acquisition fee into the payment. By default, they ask for it at signing. I do not think you can roll the title/registration/tag fee into the payment.

No idea what a Luxury Tax is. Must be a PA thing.
  • I've spent some quality time reading posts here.. Very knowledgeable people here :)

From a nooby's point of view, what do I need to be armed with when I go into the Audi dealership? I'd love to Lease a 2013 or 2014 S4. Premium Plus with Auto.

I have a trade in that's paid off - should be getting about 4500 for it. I also have some cash if needed - is it needed on a lease?

I'm thinking a 36 month lease with 12k miles. I'm simply looking for the lowest payment, that's why a lease over a purchase.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,014
    edited August 2013
    It's probably not luxury tax.... I'm guessing it's tax on upfront CAP cost reductions (of which the acquistion fee counts)...

Also... even though tax in PA is 6%, it's an extra 3% on leases... for a total of 9% (or more, depending on local sales taxes)....

That would just about make up the difference, I think..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Oh that's right, PA does have another 3% on auto leases. So then the monthly payment looks correct then? Going to pick the car up this week. Will likely get Audicare too.

Really appreciate all the help.
    edited August 2013
    I am impressed. A 2014 under invoice. Job well-done. Since it has been on the lot, just check the odometer to make sure they were not using it as their test drive car. If it has been driven more than the normal 10 - 40 miles, just inspect it closely, especially the exterior paint since you are getting a dark color car and a color that is very susceptible to swirl marks...and dealer car washes are notorious for leaving swirl marks. Invest in top quality car care products and avoid all car washes (even hand washes) with Estoril Blue.

If you do not know, AudiCare will bump the residual value on a lease by 1%. Some will say that prepaying for AudiCare is not worth it for manual transmissions. I agree with this, but not when you are adding AudiCare at the same time you enter into the lease. The MSRP for AudiCare is $880, so expect to pay $800 - $850. The true cost is what you pay, less the increase in residual, plus interest over the lease term. So probably about $350. Well worth it IMO.
  • nmosernmoser Posts: 6
    Your Invoice should be $50,624. Why is it $54,589 based on your specs? This is not a good deal.
    staimd: Confirm invoice. My comments were based upon the assumption that you verified MSRP, Invoice and Sales Price prior to posting those numbers.
    I mixed up some numbers in my initial post. The numbers are correct (hopefully) in post #490.

Here are the numbers I got off of Truecar:

2014 S4 P+ 6MT - $48,995 MSRP ($46,065 Invoice)
    Estoril Blue Paint - $1,075 ($999)
    Nav/MMI - $3,050 ($2,837)
    Sports Diff - $1,100 ($1,024)
    Side Assist - $500 ($467)
    All weather mats - $180 ($168)

Total: $54,900 MRSP ($51,560 Invoice)

Agreed price: $51,450

What's strange is that Truecar lists the invoice as $51,589, but the components add up to $51,560. Not sure why that is.
    Just checked Edmunds and they have invoice at $45,629 (including destination). Truecar has it at $46,065. Any idea what the difference could be? Regional ad fee? It's a little disconcerting that there are different prices on different sites. I thought I had good info going into negotiations.
    I've found Edmunds to be accurate. Edmunds includes the regional advertising fee in its invoice calculation. I do not have experience with TrueCar, but the advertising fee TrueCar tacks on is almost double Edmunds. I believe Edmunds is correct as far as the advertising fee...which is something along the lines of .5% of MSRP.
  • trinim3trinim3 Posts: 1
    I plan on either exchanging my 2012 S4 prior to the end of my lease for a new Audi (Audi keeps calling me to make this happen even though I still have a year left on my lease). Or I plan to coordinate a sale to a 3rd party dealer and get something different. This would be advantageous as my lease buyout is almost $6-$8k below the used car value of my car (in other words I have equity in my car).

My question is:

Should I be concerned about going over the allotted mileage of the lease if I return or sell the car prior to the end of the lease?

Because if not, then I'm going to go on a lot more road trips and I'm going to stop worrying about paying mileage overage charges

Thanks
    If you mile up the car, it will hurt the trade-in value.. If you are at 3 years old and your car has 55K miles, and the other models being turned in are at 30K-45K, your car will suffer, in comparison.

• Car Man, can you give residuals, money factor for 2014 S4 Prem Plus - 12k miles - please. Thanks.
  • Car Man - I could really use your assistance. I am trying to lease a 2014 A4 with Premium Plus sport package, and B&O. I don't own a lease a current Lexus, MB or BMW but i just traded a Lexus last month for another car. Don't know if this will still qualify me for conquest $$. Trying to get to low 400s for 36 months 12k per year. willing to put some cash down - approx 2 to 3k. Thoughts?
  • Premium Plus:
    Estoril Blue
    19 inch Wheel & Tire Package.
    Audi Mmi Navigation Plus Package.
    Audi Quattro W/Rear Sports Differential.
    Fine Nappa Leather Seat Trim.
    Layered Aluminum/Black Wood Inlays.
    12k/yr for 36mo

MSRP:58,770
    Invoice: 54,723
    Agreed: 56,270 (invoice + 1,500)

mf: 0.00048 (0.00088 - 9*0.00005)
    residual: 57%

monthly payment: 736

it wasn't a spectacular deal, but I don't feel like I got ripped off either. all in all it was a pleasant experience, and the test drive was awesome! can't wait to go pick it up tomorrow
    edited September 2013
    $1,500 over invoice is not a good deal. For an in-stock S4, I'd expect $500 over invoice worst case scenario. The benefit of your Multiple Security Deposits are being negated by an inflated negotiated sales price.

FYI: Estoril Blue is extremely difficult to care for and swirl marks are caused very easily. Consider the application of a paint protect ant / sealant like Zymol immediately and avoid all car washes, hand wash or otherwise.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. Is something like zymol easy to DIY or would I want to take it in somewhere?
    " residuals, money factor for 2014 S4 Prem Plus - 12k miles"

.00088 and 57% for 36 months..

• Hi all, looking at leasing a 2014 S4 Premium Plus and was hoping for some feedback on the numbers the dealer is giving me:

MSRP: $58,945
    Invoice: $55,377.25 (I verified this figure against the known invoice prices and it matches, but also includes not only the $895 destination fee which I know is unavoidable, but a $195 prep/inspection fee and a $290 "FL Gulf Coast DAG" fee - not sure what those are or if they are standard)
    Dealer profit: $500
    Shipping (they had to get the car from another dealer across the state): $450
    "PDI and detail" fee: $450
    -----
    Sale price: $56,777

Plus:
    Acquisition fee $695
    Audicare $880

Less:
    Conquest bonus cash $1,000

So with the acquisition fee and Audicare rolled in, I get:
    Total adjusted cap cost: $57,352.25 (my calculation) $57,742.59 (dealer calculation?)

42mo lease / 12k mi / 54% residual (with Audicare) / .00108 MF

Base payment: $713.68
    Tax @ 7%: $49.96
    Total monthly payment: $763.64

Due at signing:
    First month’s payment of $763.64
    State license fees $250
    Rental surcharge $60
    Tire & Battery fees $6.50
    Dealer Service Charge $697.50
    Cash Cap Red. Tax $76.47
    Tax on Florida fees $53.48
    Cash to cap reduction $92.41
    -----
    Total due at signing: $2,000.00

What do you guys think of these numbers? The negotiated sale price of invoice plus $500 seems reasonable to me from what I’ve seen, although I don’t know what those extra things on the invoice price are. The shipping I don’t know if I can avoid since they went out of their way to get this particular car for me. The two things that really jump out at me are the $450 “PDI and detail” fee and the $697.50 “Dealer Service Charge”. Also, I can’t figure out how the dealer is getting their cap cost with the numbers above.

Here are three screen captures from my sales guy’s computer that he sent me:
    http://i.imgur.com/iHVcqnQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/aXxhjyy.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/LnoGWpm.jpg

Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    "The two things that really jump out at me are the $450 “PDI and detail” fee and the $697.50 “Dealer Service Charge”" DO NOT pay these fees.

Also, I have no idea what a "Rental Surcharge" is. And no idea what the "FL Gulf Coast DAG" fee is.

The $195 prep/inspection fee is a cost that is passed along to the dealer.

Others will have to comment whether it is standard for a dealer to charge for transportation costs from another dealership, in your case, $450.
  • 2014 Audi S4 Premium plus - 60,165
    Options:
    ESTORIL BLUE CRYSTAL EFFECT
    Navigation
    Black Optic
    Audi Side Assist
    Audi quattro w/Rear Sports Differential
    Bang & Olufsen Sound System
    Carbon Atlas Decorative Inlays
    Fine Nappa Leather Seat Trim
    Front License Plate Holder
    Supercharged Badges

The dealer said I can have this vehicle for $55,000

The lease is:
    $5000 $645/36 for 12K BO 34900
    $5000 $683/36 for 15k BO 33700

I am wondering if I should lease or just buy the car outright. Do you guys think this is a good deal?

Thanks
    edited September 2013
    Sales price is very good (probably too good at 8.5% off MSRP). Which begs the questions: What is the Money Factor, what fees are being added, and what (in addition to the down payment of $5K) is due at signing?

IMO, putting any significant money down on a lease is a bad decision. If anything, use the money for Multiples Security Deposits to "buy down" the Money Factor (if allowed in your state).

I am not one for buying cars, especially if you can stay within the allowed mileage of a lease. With the conservative residuals Audi uses, you will have a favorable buyout at the end of term, which leaves you with equity for a trade, or the ability to buy the car and sell it yourself or simply enjoy buying a car worth many thousands more than you could on the open market and knowing exactly where its been and how it has been driven.

Also, ESTORIL BLUE CRYSTAL EFFECT is very susceptible to swirl marks. So plan on avoiding all car washes (hand or otherwise) and detailing it yourself using high-end products to keep the paint looking good.
  • I was told the money factor was .00088

Doc/MV/Bank = $1400

I have asked for the rest of the $5000 breakdown. I should find out today
  • Hello all!

May be in the market for a 2014 Audi S4 and need some help please! I live in Honolulu, Hawaii where there is only one Audi dealer on the whole island. Monopoly i guess you can say?...

Looking to order a 2014 Audi S4 Premium Plus
    7 speed auto
    Glacier white metallic
    Red leather upgrade

Pretty basic stuff.....

42 month term
    $5,000.00 down
    $605 per month
    MSRP $52,145.00

They said they will throw in Audicare at no charge....

This seems rather high. Any advice / feedback / comments would be greatly appreciated! thank you very much all!
This discussion has been closed.