Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Terrain Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
edited October 2014 in GMC
Tell us about shopping for your Terrain!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• cintiwestguycintiwestguy Member Posts: 10
    I'm in Cincinnati and need to find a decent dealer within 50 mi. Looking for a price on an AWD, SLT-2 Terrain preferrably with the V-6

Thanks.
  • batavia02batavia02 Member Posts: 38
    Me and my wife live in central florida, and we have been looking at terrains among other vehicles and supplies are tight one dealer,has maybe 3,and this dealer has in the past had a large inventory of all gmc and buick makes,i also have not seen very many on the road either so perhaps it may be a bit before supplies loosen
  • andrewcweaverandrewcweaver Member Posts: 1
    Bought my GMC Terrain SLT1 in Bossier City, Louisiana at Mike Morgan. Great car. Paid 25,000 for it

Discounts - GM Employee Pricing, Trade, $500 off for agreeing not to take it back in 60 days
  • cdawg1cdawg1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the Cinti area too. Having the same issues with dealers. Fiehrer and Borcherding are both unsure. I'm looking for a SLE-2 AWD with the 6 cyl in Carbon Blk.
  • brisket_loverbrisket_lover Member Posts: 7
    I plan on looking at these as soon as there are some incentives. It is only a matter of time I figure before they start to offer them.
  • brisket_loverbrisket_lover Member Posts: 7
    Yesterday I decided to head down to my local GMC dealer to take a look at one since he had one in stock. Online it said it didn't have all the options I wanted but I was only checking out the interior and styling. When I got there I saw that it was the exact model I built the other day. I took a test drive and was sold on it.

It is the 4cyl FWD 4dr SLE-2 with remote start package and moon roof. I had supplier pricing through my credit union so it was $100 over "invoice." $1500 worth of rebates also for not taking the test drive and having a Chrysler.

Very happy with it so far
  • dturrdturr Member Posts: 70
    Have GMC made a mess of this!!! I have been shopping around Florida for one of three colors and what a problem. Everyone is telling me "No stock" "More in March" The vehicles they have are what probably people don't want, 6cyl's, black on black, all wheel drive. The cars that people may buy are marked up with all the crooked add on's like paint sealant, pinstripe. If the cars are built requiring a sealant GMC should do something about it. I am looking for a 4cl fwd Gold Mist with light titanium trim SLT2. If you se one that is not marked up let me know. My last Toyota with all the extras the distributor adds on put me off them until their pricing changes.
  • terrain34terrain34 Member Posts: 7
    my purchasing of the 2010 terrain was a little crazy. however i STRONGLY suggest that you DO NOT TAKE THE $500 customer 60 days. if there is something wrong with it and you will have to go through the lemon law in order to get a new terrain, trade, return, etc.
    after all the trouble i went through with my terrain i still LOVE my terrain!!! :blush:
  • firefly8firefly8 Member Posts: 9
    It is my understanding that the 60 day return no longer applies.
  • ohmygoshohmygosh Member Posts: 66
    I am going to start looking for a 2010 Terrain. Looking for a FWD with all options. What can I expect to pay ?? No one who has posted has said what the paid.
    I currently have a 2004 AWD Toyota Highlander that has been the best car I have ever owned, but I really like the looks of the Terrain. Any feedback would be welcome.
  • dturrdturr Member Posts: 70
    GM seems to always miss the boat.
    Where are the Terrains?? If you don't want black or a six cylinder then they are like hens teeth down in SW Florida.
    Once you start chasing then the price goes up.
  • donthegreekdonthegreek Member Posts: 127
    I am going to start looking for a 2010 Terrain. Looking for a FWD with all options. What can I expect to pay ??

My local dealer is discounting about $900 off sticker for a SLE1 AWD and $1327 off an SLT2 AWD....i would think a FWD would be a little less, maybe not!?
    I'm in north central PA.
  • ohmygoshohmygosh Member Posts: 66
    In Phila area. Hard to find these vehicles. What gives ??
  • dzjdzj Member Posts: 1
    I am in Texas and I want black and 6 cylinder and there are none to be found. There only seems to be 6 within 200 miles of Houston. I guess I will just have to wait, since I can't even get my dealer to take a order.
  • melmar2melmar2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for the Feburary money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease. Looking to purchase this weekend.
  • baylorpaulbaylorpaul Member Posts: 2
    In Dallas and also had the same issue. Was able to find a dealer that had allocation to order one (back on 1/7) . . . Target Production Week of 2/22 so the wait is almost over.

Also there is a conquest that is valid on the Terrain (not the Toyota one):

$1000 Current Owners/Lessees of 1999 or newer Chrysler (not Dodge or Jeep), Acura, Lexus or Infiniti Car or Truck get the extra rebate toward Purchase or lease: Not required to trade qualifying vehicle. May be transferred to member of household. Expires 3-31-2010
  • baylorpaulbaylorpaul Member Posts: 2
    We recently purchased a Mocha Steel Metallic with Jet Black Cloth SLE-2 with Convenience Package, 18 inch wheels, and Nav System for 26882 + TTL (27882 - 1000 Acura Conquest Incentive). Total out the door was 28855.2 This was an order and not purchased on the lot which is why I expected we were able to receive any discounts off price.
  • vicjorvicjor Member Posts: 11
    Baylorpaul, you got one great deal, we got the same car (color option of $175.00) and yours was $500 less plus they gave you a navi for free (that option was 3K).

SLE-2, Convenience PKG, 18" wheels in Carbon Black for 28,500.00 sticker was 29,330.00. (USAA $750.00 discount not included pricing as well as GM points from CC). Great dealership on Long Island - Van Buren GMC in Garden City Park, NY a pleasure to work with did everything over the phone. Picking the GMC Terrain up Tomorrow Morning.
  • lynnminnylynnminny Member Posts: 49
    You are lucky to get a discount!! We were at a dealer in Mpls yesterday and they are charging full MSRP. Also-- if you want a certain color or model, they said we would have to order and wait 6-8 weeks as they are in short supply and other dealers are not willing to trade vehicles with them.
  • lewbie43lewbie43 Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2010 Terrain SLE-2 w/ std eqpt AND convenience pkg (remote start and heated front bucket seats. Bought in Nov and has only 5400 miles. 2.4L 4-cyl 6-speed auto. Color is Merlot Jewel Metallic w/ light titanium premium interior. This is my first SUV and I have concluded that an SUV is not for me. MSRP is $27,135. If you would be interested, I would consider selling for $2,000 under MSRP. Of course, we would have to work out how to get it to you, etc. We can continue this off-line. my email at hotmail is "economist01"
  • lenny3332lenny3332 Member Posts: 2
    Working with a dealership to get me a SLT 1 AWD 4 cyl. He is searching for the color that I want. The cost is $30k. Thoughts? Thanks.
  • crucialcrucial Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    Lenny:

If any help, this is a lightly different trim: Shopping for a friend in SoCal SLT1 FWD w/ V6 and power lift gate , dealer's asking 29000+tax&ttl

Why would you need AWD anyway? This vehicle is way over-weighted GrossWeight over 5000 lbs!

V6 engine is average with up hills and acceleration. RPM offen rev between 3000-4500 (similar to vtec) in normal red lights stop and go/ highway merging and 60-70 passing.
  • crucialcrucial Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    Got a quote for a SLT-1 FWD V6 with leather , power lift gate, sunroof, cargo management package for $29,250. Is it an ok deal? We told another dealer, they say that they would try to work out something by tomorrow. So we expect lower than 29000.

FYI: Some dealers are offering cash back $750 - $2000 due to the end of 1st quarter 2010 and tax season.
  • skygalskygal Member Posts: 1
    The dealer could not find the Terrain I wanted within 300 miles of the dealership so I ordered it about a month ago. So far no "build date" as yet. Is this normal or is the production of this vehicle behind? I ordered the SLT2 , with 3.0 engine, FWD in Summit white with navigation. I also ordered the Titanium grey interior. I am in So. Calif. My dealership had quite a few Terrains but mostly the 2.4 and only black interiors. I have also seen very few of them on the road out here...maybe two. I am beginning to think of it as the phantom car that doesn't really exist beyond the showroom.
  • retireispretireisp Member Posts: 7
    Is anyone buying the 2011 Terrain at invoice before any rebates, just wondering? I live southwest of Chicago.
  • lvnr76lvnr76 Member Posts: 1
    We would like to lease a 2011 GMC Terrian SLT2FWD. The sticker price is $32540. Never leased before and would like to know what the lease would be for 36 months.
  • iiichicagoiiichicago Member Posts: 1
    DO NOT BUY A GMC TERRAIN!!!!!!! The car is sexy and drives OK but the V6 has little power and I've had several trips back to dealer because of mechanical problems. Not to mention the best gas mileage you will get is around 25-27mph highways instead of the advertised 32mph.

I've had my new 2011 GMC Terrain SLT FWD for a total of 24 days and 1,000 miles and the Service Engine Light (SEL)came on. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it after a few days saying "Found lean codes in memory. Inspected Engine for vacuum leak. Found Dip Stick Tube not sealed properly. repaired and road tested vehicle." I asked the service tech if they have seen a lot of Terrains back in for repairs and of course he said no I just happen to be unlucky. I drove the car for another 19 days and ~700 miles and the SEL came on AGAIN. The vehicle is back in the shop and it's been over two days and I am still waiting for the shop to call. If must get this car make sure to get the extended warranty because you will need it.

I should have known GM = Government Motors and it would function the same as our government - IT DOESN'T!
  • automan17automan17 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    you complain about not getting the advertised 32 mpg yet your terrain only has 1,000 miles on it?!? Do you realize that the engine and power train needs time to break in. Not to mention the advertised 32 mpg's is for the 2.4L 4-Cylinder, not the V6. But, with any new vehicle, until you reach 3,000-5,000 miles you should not expect to be averaging the advertised mpg's. Also, the Service Engine Light (SEL) with lean codes in memory is caused by YOU not tightening the fuel cap correctly. It amazes me how SLOW people can be, this is why there are so many people driving around aimlessly on the roads, la deda deda! PAY ATTENTION iiichicago!!!
  • fedor2fedor2 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I have read some complaints about lack of fuel economy; I too have been disapointed, puzzeling since I had a 2010 rental for awhile which got excellent mileage. It was an AWD 4 cykinder and I got about twenty-seven mpg at seventy-five mph plus country driving, OK by me!
    I checked with the service manager where I bought my 2011 vehicle and it turns out there is a service bulletin about reprograming the mileage computer; that the information center may be reading one to three miles per gallon less than the actual mileage.
  • mkomenmkomen Member Posts: 1
    Have been contemplating the purchase of a Terrain , mostly due to mpg it is supposedly suppose to get. Seen the message boards,reviews and discussions on mpg. Curious to know if anyone has actually done the math, that is total miles on trip meter for a full tank divided by gallons to fill tank as opposed to just relying on what the Terrain's computer/display is telling you..
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    I have done the math a few times for longer trips. As always ones driving habits and driving conditions can make a large difference. One recent trip was 380 miles, 16.468 Gals = 23.07MPG (while highway miles, some hilly terrain involved). Last week a trip to Maine from Connecticut yielded 526.8 miles 19.819 Gals = 26.05 MPG (kind of surprised me even though it was mostly flat territory). On the trip to maine I kept cruise on between 56-58 MPH and A/C was an off and on thing. This is with the AWD V6 rated at 22 MPG highway.

For the last 3500 miles or so since I reset the computer the puter tells me its averaging 23.6. Total miles on the odo is just over 7000.
  • silvermaplesilvermaple Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a Terrain SLE-2 V6 cloth, nav + sunroof + convenience package + 18" wheels + trailer hitch for $30898 + ttl in Dallas , TX.

Invoice was 30408 including destination + ttl. They charged us $490 for regional ad & dealer ad fees. They threw in wheel locks and tint on front windows + one extra tank of gas in the future. Still feel a bit ripped off......What do you think, ok deal ?
This discussion has been closed.