Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier GMC Terrain Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
edited May 2015 in GMC
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 GMC Terrain Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 GMC Terrain page.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• cintiwestguycintiwestguy Member Posts: 10
    First, is GM leasing again and what would a fair price be for an AWD SLT-2 Terrain. No money down, 15,000 mi per year. I'm in Cincinnati.
    Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome cintiwestguy. Yes, General Motors has resumed leasing on select models. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment for you using GM's actual current lease program, but I am going to need some additional information from you first.

Specifically, I need you to provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the Terrain that you want...or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can look up this data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • socallesseesocallessee Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am considering leasing a new 2010 Terrain SLE-1 (least expensive model) and I was wondering what kind of payments I could expect.

The TMV pricing report lists the MSRP (including destination charge) at $24,995 while the invoice is $23,661. However, the TMV price is $24,995 for my area (southern california).

GMC is also currently offering $1500 in incentives on the terrain ($500 (waiving 60 day trial period) + $1000 ("conquest" - customer with 1999 or more recent non-GM car/truck)). Can these incentives be used to lower the net cap cost for calculating the lease?

What sort of payment can I expect for a 36 month lease with 12k miles a year? What is the current money factor and residual GMC is offering on the terrain?

I know that it is better to put less down if possible, but I also want manageable payments. Therefore I am willing to put some money down if necessary.

Thanks!
  • justin3687justin3687 Member Posts: 5
    Hey all, I was quoted a residual of 46% and a money factor of .0011 on a SLT1 V6 AWD w/programable liftgate. Any one else get a better residual?
    Hi socallessee. I believe that both the $1,000 conquest cash and the $500 bonus can be used on leased Terrains. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Terrain SLE-1 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.35% and 46%, respectively.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this truck for you. For now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a selling price of $500 over invoice minus the aforementioned incentives.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 that has an MSRP of $24,995 and a capitalized cost of $23,161 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $425.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Justin. GMAC's current base lease rate for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Terrain is 2.35%. That is equivalent to a money factor of around 0.00098.

Car_man
    Host
    Can anyone decipher what this car salesman is saying. To put it in context, I was quoted a MF of .0011 roughly 2.65% on the Terrain. According to Car_man it should be 2.35% from GMAC. I know it's not that big of a difference but just read this guys explanation:

Justin, due to the area we are in GMAC has deferred all leases to US Bank, and the "sub-vented" lease factor (by GM) for the Terrain is well below the published interest rate you mentioned. The bottom line is that the lease rates in this area are better than what GMAC is offering elsewhere.

So if I'm being quoted 2.65% how is 2.35% better??? Am i misreading this some how?
    Sorry I just read my last statement. It should say how is 2.65% better than 2.35% obviously
    Hi justin3687. GMAC's base lease rate for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Terrain was 2.35% in October. It's new November base rate for this truck is 2.65%.

Car_man
    Host
  • cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    Guys,

I'm looking to lease a GMC Terrain for my wife, the 2010 SLE 3.0L AWD, what are the December and January leasing terms being offered by GMAC?
  • volatile954volatile954 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

What is GMAC's current lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Terrain SLT-2 2WD,15,000 miles per year in South Florida?

If you can calculate the estimated monthly payment, the MSRP is $30,190, Invoice $29,292 and I am assuming $1500 factory incentives.

Thanks in advance!
  • cargal232cargal232 Member Posts: 5
    On Monday I test drove the Terrain AWD after looking to purchase either a Honda CRV, Chevy Equinox or the GMC Terrain. As a single mom I have only paid cash for the past several years inlcuding paying $30,000 cash for my current car a 2004 Land Rover Freelander...yes I know...poor choice of car. Due to my lack of credit usage I was told to get a co-signer in which my mother agreed to. Her credit score was an 820 and I was quoted the following: MSRP $26,800 sale price $25,100 less my trade of $5500 for 48 months for $288 monthly with a residual of 38% and a lease rate of 3.2%. The lease end value is $12,663 with 12,000 miles yr. I have no idea if this is a poor residual rate. Does this mean I would owe $1387 at the end of the 48 months? I believe it was also .15 cents every mile.Does anyone know what GMC charges for depreciation for normal wear and tear at end of lease? Thanks for your help! P.S. I had no problem with leasing thru Honda and was in their 2nd tier(Preferred-not Super Preferred) & did not need any co-signer.
  • cosmedentcosmedent Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

What are the current residuals and money factor for GMC Terrain SLT-2. 39 months, 12,000 miles.
    Thanks
    Hi cosmedent. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT2 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.65% and 42%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $400 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it through GMAC into account.

Also, this lease program is only scheduled to run through today, February 1st. I would be happy to provide you with an update on what the new program is like if you check back with me in a couple of days.

Car_man
    Host
  • j13ntvj13ntv Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2010
    Hello Carman,

I was looking for the current rates for the 2010 Terrain SLT 2 AWD, 36 and 39 months, 12,000 or 15,000 miles, as you mentioned the current program ended back on Feb 1st. As well, any new incentives?

Thank you
  • nickdetomasonickdetomaso Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_Man,

Please provide March's residual and money factor for a 2010 Terrain SLT2 with 12000mi/yr, as well as, an SLT1 with the same mileage.

Thank you!!
    Hello j13ntv. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.8% and 43%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 2.8% and 40%.

If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, I believe that its residual values would be 2% higher.

Unfortunately, General Motors is only providing a cash incentive of $250 on leases of this model through GMAC right now. I guess that it's better than nothing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nickdetomaso. Please see my previous post for the lease program for the SLT2. The numbers for the SLT1 are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • 0314kms0314kms Member Posts: 2
    Went to a local Western Pa. dealer. Terrain SLE 2 with heated seats and dvd system, white (is it really easier to keep clean?) with black interior, convenience package, remote start..$30,180. Wanted to buy, would only take $500 off MSRP. Nothing to trade coming off a Mazda lease. 39 months, will give an extra $250 off. 15,000miles with a mo. payment of $570.34. 42% residual ($12,+ at end of lease).

If I buy 5.5% with monthly payment of $610.00. The salesman said GMC price for employees is $29532, but wholesale # at bottom of page read $27,953. What is the difference on these numbers? Good deal on the lease? What would be the downside on lease because I want to keep this car after 39 months?
  • cruiser54cruiser54 Member Posts: 5
    What are current money factors and residuals for a GMC Terrian at 36 months and 15k a year.

Thanks
    Hi cruiser54. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Terrain SLE1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.8% and 46%, respectively.

You never mentioned the exact trim level that you're interested in, so I had to make an assumption. Let me know if you want something different.

As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your deal on the Terrain, make sure to take advantage of the $250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
  • cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    Carman:Looking for slt-1 fwd and awd mf and residual with 12k miles for 36 and 39m. Any hidden incentives(ie lease cash)?
    Thanks in advance
    Hey cnote2. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT1 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.8% and 45%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the (measly :)) $250 cash incentive that is available on leases of it through GMAC.

As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • wtalbotwtalbot Member Posts: 14
    2010 GMC Terrain SLE
    Low Mileage Lease for Well-Qualified Lessees
    $319 Per Month

39 Months§§
    $2,039 Due at Signing After all Offers

Includes Security Deposit. Tax, title license
    and dealer fees extra. Mileage charge of
    $0.18/mile over 39,000

I assume this is the very base model. 39 months at 1000 miles a month. Is this a good deal? What if I need more miles, how do I figure that?

Could I get similar pricing for a 36 month lease?
    Hi wtalbot. Savvy consumers who shop around in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to beat the selling prices that were used to arrive at manufacturers' official advertised lease payments.

If I was interested in leasing a 2010 GMC Terrain right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice minus the $500 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of this model through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
  • msa5msa5 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 2011 Terrain SLT-1 FWD, V6. + Sunroof and power liftgate.

MSRP = $31,385
    Invoice = $29,659

$1,500 incentive offer for current Ally customers plus GM employee discount. Can you please tell me what a lease payment would be on a 39-month low mileage lease? Or, what the residual value would be after the lease term?

Thanks!

Cincinnati OH
  • spridellspridell Member Posts: 10
    Anyone know the residual and money factor for a 2011 Terrain Slt-2 AWD?

39 month lease 10k miles.

I am in NY

I am trying to decide between a Terrain or an SRX. From what I am reading a lease of a SRX AWD with Nav as only option is pretty close to what a fully loaded Terrain would lease out to.

thanks for the help
    Hi msa5. I'd be happy to work up a lease payment on this truck for you. I'm not sure what this vehicle's GM Employee Price is, so I'll base my calculations on dealer invoice minus the incentives.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1 FWD that has an MSRP of $31,385 and a selling price of $425.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey spridell.

Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 3.4% and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • spridellspridell Member Posts: 10
    Thank you very much for your help.

If my math is right its really only like $10 or so more a month to lease out a SRX AWD. It seems that the Cadillacs are leasing better then the Terrain. And from what i heard the Terrain is in big demand and dealers wont work that much with you on the MSRP. Whereas there are tons of SRX's on dealer lots. More wiggle room to work with.

thanks again.
    You're very welcome, spridell.

Car_man
    Host
  • kron0414kron0414 Member Posts: 2
    We are looking at a lease or a purchase of a new 2011 GMC Terrain and I started negotiations with the following deal. I am curious to see how much better we can get and where, price, mf, total oop, res, etc.

Here are the details:

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2
    3.0L V6, Flex Fuel
    Cargo Management Package
    Audio System with Navigation Package
    Trailing Package

Negotiated Purchase Price with destination charges less discounts = $33,166.69

Lease deal is as follows:

MSRP: $34,635
    48% Res
    Lease-End $16,624.80
    Selling Price $33,166.69
    Rebate $750 - USAA Members
    Lease APR 3.5%
    Adjusted Cap Cost $33,890.69
    Base Monthly Payment 517.17, with FL sales tax $553.37
    39 months, 12k miles per year
    Total out of pocket at delivery $1,283.86 from $679 smart lease protection, $795 acquisition fee, $400 MV fees, $83 filing fees.

Car Man or others...what do you think?
  • kron0414kron0414 Member Posts: 2
    To follow up to the above post...negoatiated a little further and here is the deal we have agreed to.

$0 total out of pocket, no start up's at all.
    We are at $514 per month including tax (7% in Hillsborough)

39 months / 39k miles

Looks like they are securing the vehicle fully loaded as indicated above.

I think this is a good deal. I am supposed to sign documents Monday afternoon. If you have any feedback positive or negative please let me know asap.

Thanks
  • chaplindogchaplindog Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for this forum. Big help.

I am in the process of looking for a new car for my wife. We are expecting our 2nd child and need something bigger. Currently she drives a 2005 Volvo V50. We are looking at the Volvo xc70, Cadillac SRX and the GMC terrain. We are interested in a lease as she only drives about 12k per year. I have visited both the GMC and Volvo dealers and both have immediatly shot down the lease idea.

Long question short, Is there a reason they are so quick to shot down this idea of leasing? Is ther some incentive for a dealer to push a purchase over a lease? I have only ever purchased and never leased so am open to any and all suggestions. thank you in advance or your assistance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Great lease deals are usually because the manufacturer has special incentives in place, that reduce the monthly payment.. Either cheap financing, unrealistically high residuals, or dealer or consumer cash..

In some cases, the manufacturer just doesn't supply any incentives, and the lease payments are high... If a dealer knows his car sells for a decent price, but doesn't have a good lease payment, he is likely to steer you away from leasing, because you are likely to find a competitive model that leases for much less.... I think right now, that would apply to the Terrain and the Volvo...

The dealer sells a car, either way... either directly to the consumer, or the bank that leases the car to the consumer.. If they are steering you away from a lease, it's probably because the payments aren't competitive with their competition...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jmarks2001jmarks2001 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    I'd like to know the residual and APR I should expect to get on a 12,000 mile/39-month lease on a 2011 Terrain SLT-1 for the month of December 2010. And if it matters, I'm in FL.

On a model with the additional Power Rear Lift Gate and Sunroof options, they provided me with an MSRP quote of $29,885. With a $2000 cap-cost reduction (not including first payment), the lease quote came to $461 per month (after 7.5% sales tax).

My plan is to try to talk them down to Edmunds TMV, but I'd like to have the exact residual and APR so I can do my own calculations before I go in to negotiate.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi jmarks2001. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.5% and 52%, respectively.

Good luck in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • phortsphorts Member Posts: 3
    Kali
    Banana Bread
    Car Vacuum

Wife and I have our first baby on the way and are trading in the Maxima for a more fuel efficent and practical vehicle. Looking at a GMC Terrain (Tried Equinox and Rav4). New to leasing and figured we would go this route to get my wife a new, reliable, safe AWD vehicle for New Hampshire driving and she just loves this car. But, the dealer we visited today nearly crushed our dreams with his quote of $500/mo lease pmnt (and that was 48 Months! Sounds NUTS!) I owe $5400 on my Maxima and KBB says it's worth $2500 in poor condition for trade, so i'm upside down..but still.

So, we were quoted 50% Residual and didnt catch the Rate factor they were using. It was a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1 i4 for around $31k.

They said the new lease rates come out tomorrow (Jan 4th) but they usually dont change much, if at all.

Any incentives that we should know about? A lot harder than purchasing a car because it's so hard to compare with all factors involved. At least if i know the constants (MF and Res) and I get a good idea on TMV, and some good incentives come out, I'm hoping to negotiate a price MUCH closer to $400/mo. Is that reasonable or should we start looking at other options?

Thanks for your advice!
  • phortsphorts Member Posts: 3
    Oops, got some of my To Do list in there! That Banana Bread was tastey though!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    I thought maybe that was a coded message, being left for..... well... wasn't sure... maybe, a Jason Bourne kind of thing... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hwanger12hwanger12 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

This is my first post here. Is it possible to get a 2011 Terrain SLE-2 AWD, MSRP $28,545, for under $400? 12k miles/yr
  • hwanger12hwanger12 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry. With $0 down.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    What are the current rates/residuals on a 2011 Terrain SLT-1 AWD for 36 & 39 month terms, both 12k & 15k? Any other cash available for leases?

Thanks, this would be in zip 19966.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, beach15. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.15% and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.15% and 48%.

If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher.

I don't believe that General Motors is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • cdilcdil Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_man can you provide Ally's latest rates (residual & money factor) for a SLE-1, 39 mo, 12k miles?

Thanks!
  • rosenbj1rosenbj1 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_Man,
    I'm looking to lease a Terrain SLT-1 model with RWD and 4-cyl (if I can find it - they seem hard to come by). I'd like a 36 or 39 month lease, at 12k per year. Could you post the residual and money factor at this time for this model and lease? If it makes a difference, I'm in NJ. Thanks so much.

-Jon
    Hey cdil. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Terrain SLE1 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.15% and 50%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally into account.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, Jon.

Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.15% and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.15% and 47%.

As I mentioned in the previous post, there is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Not that it's any of my business, but with all of the snow that you got on the East Coast this winter why are you interested in getting the RWD over the AWD model? I personally would go with AWD.

Car_man
    Host
  • rosenbj1rosenbj1 Member Posts: 20
    Car_Man,
    Thanks for the info.
    Regarding the AWD vs FWD (sorry not RWD on this SUV), I'm a bit jaded from past experiences. I've found features like traction control and ABS far more helpful than AWD. Had a Subie Outback some years back that got quite well stuck in a post-snow mud bank-- needed a winch to get it out!
    Just FYI, I'm comparing lease numbers and prices between the Terrain and Equinox, so I'll post my Equinox lease question over on that forum-- thanks in advance.
    -Jon
  • psywzrdpsywzrd Member Posts: 35
    Car_man:

Can you please post the money factor and residual on an AWD SLT-2 on a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles per year?
This discussion has been closed.