Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Kia Forte / Forte Koup Prices Paid and Buying Experience

uhhudugauhhuduga Member Posts: 7
edited January 2014 in Kia
Please mention the price at which you bought your kia forte and also any suggestions/tips associated with it.

It would help if the price is mentioned as an OTD = a+b+c , the place bought and any deals/offers you availed.

Thanks.

Comments

• steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    just got back with my girlfriend who is trying to purchase a forte koupe sx auto.
    msrp including sunroof is $20,090.00...we made a offer of $18,000.00 over the internet..is this a fair price??
  • gregllesgreglles Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I went out looking at Forte Sxs, i ended up going with the Forte Sx over the Koup Sx, but ill share the prices i came up with for the Koup SX if it helps you at all. The $20,090 msrp is $17,695 + $1000 Leather Package + $700 Moonroof + $695 Destination Charge. For an Invoice price i got $16,860 + $870 Leather Package + $620 Moonroof = $18350 invoice (destination will be added). All cars have a holdback from the factory of 2-3% of the car. I found on the Koup Sx it was about $581, So the Dealer roughly paid $17769 + $695 Destination Charge for a price about $18464. so 18,000 they will be losing money, a good quote on the car would be adding 3-5% of $17769 for Profit then the Destination Charge. So i would make an offer of $19000-$19400 is a good price. I personally wanted the koup but the forte itself has $1000 rebate on all trims and $500 loyalty if you own a kia now.
  • slowlearner1slowlearner1 Member Posts: 35
    Bought from Head Motors in Coulmbia, Mo. Price was $19k and change. No hassles, no pressure, no hidden charges. They gave me book on a Corolla trade...even with all the Toyota problems. (price did include the $500 toyota discount) I would recommend this dealership and am happy with the Kia.
    Jim
  • apatel2apatel2 Member Posts: 9
    Just purchased a Forte EX with Fuel Economy for $15,000. I also added an extended warranty that extends the bumper to bumper coverage to 10/100,000, and includes Road Side Assistance and 2 years of maintaience for an additional $800. My total with ALL taxes and fees was $17,261.38
    msrp for this car is $19890.00..rebates in effect total $1500.00 so i figure with the rebate and maybe a little dealer discount i should be able to purchase this car for around $18,000.00 plus TTT......
  • jacktheonejacktheone Member Posts: 4
    Tried to purchase in Hagerstown MD, could not get a deal ( said that they were the biggest dealer in the state). Afterwards, I used edmunds quick quote, was wonderful. Next day recieved several quotes from the Baltimore D.C. area. Laurel Kia quoted me 14880 out the door for the EX gas mileage package, could not beat it. Where Hagerstown wanted me to buy one of the two on their lot for 1500 TO 2000 more, Laurel Kia was willing to go and get us the dark cherry that we wanted. Great deal and great experience.
    just purchased a 2010 kia forte koup sx with auto,and sunroof...msrp was $20,090.00 and my final price with the loyalty rebates was $18,000.00..the color of the car is corsa blue and i get compliments on the car everywhere i go..
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    congratulations! Great choice of cars. I think you're really going to enjoy the Kia Koup.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

just purchased a 2010 kia forte koup sx with auto,sunroof,and without the leather which i didn't care for anyway.final price with loyaly rebate was $18,000.00 plus TTT.i feel like a got a whole lot of car for the money and it blows the other cars that i was also considering out of the water as far as features to price ratio is concerned.just a few examples are the mazda 3,honda civic,corolla,just to name a few can't touch this forte koup's value...great bang for the buck....
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you bought a Kia in the past year, a reporter wants to hear about your decision and your experience to date. Please email pr@edmunds.com with your contact info before Saturday, March 27, 2010.
  • wizzard69wizzard69 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a Titanium gray Forte Coupe EX with Sunroof and love it.
    Price was $17990 after $1000 off for competitive discount and something I don"t remember.(Didn't care). Got a great deal for my trade in.
    Love the car and the dealership was super nice! (Olathe Kia in Kansas)
    congrats on the new car purchase wizzard.i myself recently purchased a kia forte koup sx with auto and sunroof in the corsa blue color and it's a sweet ride.be prepared for the many compliments you will be getting on your cars looks like i do.everywhere i go people stare and compliment me on my kia forte which is a really great feeling.ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wizzard69wizzard69 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much!
    I already noticed the looks I get from people.
  • hmownerhmowner Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2010
    Retail: $17,391 (includes destination charge of $695) (Edmund's invoice is $17.355 a difference of $36)

tax 7%: $1217.37 (Indiana)
    tire tax: $1.25
    Title+Doc fee: 199.50
    ========
    total: $18,809.12

rebate: $1500 ($1000 cashback + $500 comp bonus )
    ======
    OTD: 17309.12 @ no hassle buying from Ray Skillman Auto Mall / Indianapolis

I love the extra power I can feel with the manual. I test drove the auto but found it to be lacking in response. I drove the koup sx manual, but did not like the lowered roof and lack of space in the back.
  • nyc125nyc125 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there, first time poster long time reader.

I am interested in leasing a 2010 KIA Forte EX, automatic transmission, with the Fuel Economy Package, for 36 months, and 12k miles per year. Can someone please post KIA's money factor and residual values for the May leases?

Also, my credit rating is 743, would that qualify me for the best money factor?

Can anyone verify if there is a lease incentive/rebate on this model?

Thank you.
    don't think that there are many good leases deals with the kia because of the poor resale values and that's a big factor when negotiating a lease deal.the kia's are worth peanuts as soon as you drive one off the lot.your best bet would be to lease a honda or toyota because of the better resale values which would lead to a better lease deal.
  • ljacobsonljacobson Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2010
    EX Auto with no options MSRP (includes destination) = $17,690
    Selling Price = $15,971
    Doc Fees = $598
    Sales Tax (7% Fulton County GA) = $1159.84
    Title,Tags = $18.00
    GA Warranty Protection Act = $3.00
    Sub Total = $17,750.00
    Rebates = Cash Bonus ($1,000) + Competitive Bonus ($500) came to -$1,500
    OTD = $16,250

Not sure if it was a great deal, but based on shopping around Atlanta I think it was good/decent.
  • mndconnmndconn Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Just purchased on 6/1 from Battlefield Kia in Gettysburg, PA a 2010 silver Kia Forte SX Sedan automatic with a power sunroof and only 49 miles on it. Asked that the ipod cable be included which it was.

Did not have the auto-dimming mirror, leather package or cargo net or tray.

Sticker: 19,890 plus a few hundred for dealer appearance package, etc.
    Total before negotiation: 20,100
    Final price with 2,000 in rebates and negotiation: 16,583

16,583 was their first price to us and I knew going in that anything in the low 17s was a heck of a deal! Then they found a bank to give us 3.24% 60 month financing. We came home to double check all the price and loan numbers since this seemed pretty low... confirmed it and went back the next day to do the paperwork.

I found the buying experience very good, hassle free, and pleasant. I do wish they would have done a better job cleaning the car before pick-up. Dirty windows and a few bits of pretty visible dirt in the trunk showed that the windex and vacuum did not get a lot of use when they prepped it for delivery.
    is this the forte sx koup or the sedan??
  • mndconnmndconn Member Posts: 4
    my price was for the sedan, sorry I forgot to mention that.
  • tannortannor Member Posts: 7
    I really like this car after trying out the hynudai elantra,

but price they offered i thought was too high..before taxes $16,004 includes rebate, OTD was around $18,560

This had nothing extra was just standard EX. I was actually surprised they did not try to hard sell us, they let us go pretty easy.

I know I can do better then that
    the reason that they were probably relaxed on the high pressure sale is because the forte's and forte koup's specificly are pretty hot cars right now.
    Ok I went to another dealer and for the EX - got him down to $15,470, out the door is $16,878

Picking it up tomorrow
    is this the forte EX sedan or the EX koup???
    The sedan...I never even looked at the coup, since I wanted 4 door
  • sarcophilussarcophilus Member Posts: 2
    So to be clear u got Forte ex w. fuel economy package in dark cherry? Is that right?
  • sarcophilussarcophilus Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my Forte on the last day of the CARS program and was out the door for 18.5k. Got $4500 trade in and put 1k down. Was very happy w/ vehicle. 2 weeks ago was stopped in traffic and was rear ended by Chevy Tahoe going 45mph or so I was told. Walked away from it relatively unscathed. Rear crumple zones absorbed shock but now car is totalled. Will definitely be getting another Forte ex w/ fuel eco pkg. What is best price anyone has got in Southern US within last month or so?
  • jellobrandjellobrand Member Posts: 8
    Just picked up a Black SX Koup from Burlington KIA in NJ. Easy to deal with and all the non nonsense we go threw getting a car. Car is very tight and from what I can see and feel after 800 miles - perfect little commuter ..... Avg, @ 31 MPG's by the computer. Handles bigger then it is.... Very , Very Happy !
  • jellobrandjellobrand Member Posts: 8
    Burlington kia NJ - Rocks Black SX w/ all bells and Whistles.
    www.burlingtonkia.com

Picked it up four days ago - Walked in - did my homework and all and told them this is what I want and the GM - Said go pick one.,

Great people. match any price within 100 miles.
  • joonthedukejoontheduke Member Posts: 7
    Hey~
    I think you've got a great deal. I also live in Fulton county and am trying to buy EX with no option and asking for $16,500 OTD after taking cash rebate of $1500. Can I ask where you got the deal? Mine is Cobb. Thanks in advance.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    You may have already made a purchase in the two weeks since you posted this, but I thought I'd respond just in case you hadn't sealed the deal yet....

Accoring to TrueCar.com, the Lowest Certified Price from a local dealer is $15,321 for an EX with A/T and no other options. That price includes the $1500 Cash Back incentive and $486 in 'Regional Ad Fees' but doesn't include tax, tag and title.

1072.47 (7% sales tax, Fulton County resident)
    plus $18.00 title fee and $3.00 GA warranty fee
    $16,414.47 plus tag fees

The tag fee will vary depending on whether you have a current tag to transfer (from a trade-in, for example); if not, you will be required to pay the ad valorem tax based on your specific tax district within Fulton. (Milton and Sandy Springs have the lowest rate and the city of Atlanta is the highest). The total will be between $202.15 and $272.50....

So the total is between $16,600 and $16,700 OTD, pretty dang close to your $16,500 goal...and you may be able to haggle them down to your number!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • joejoe666joejoe666 Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting the following deal...

Kia Forte 2010 EX with Fuel Economy Package & Electrochromatic Mirror w/Compass
    MSRP: $18,470
    Car Price: $17,300 (6% off MSRP)
    Rebates: $2,000
    My car price: $15,200
    OTD Price: $16,287 (6% tax)

Can someone help and tell me if I should wait till Labor Day sale or wait a couple of months till the 2011 models come out?
  • beantownbeantown Member Posts: 228
    Let me get this straight.....$3K down + $200 a month means you're spending $10,200.00 for a three year lease. Ouch. You'd be better off buying it I would think. That's almost luxury car territory there.

You can get a true zero down lease in Mass for $199 a month on a Forte EX right now. A Sorento with a $25K sticker goes for less than that as well ($0 down - $250 a month).
  • dhruvilshahdhruvilshah Member Posts: 2
    hey dud i m doing homework on kia koup sx with leather seats moon roof and automatic tranmission. i m gone a buy this car in this month. i m from topeka kansas.
    just wondering how much did u pay all over like everything,
    because my buget is under 20000$. and if u have any tip when buying a car.
    i m really new to this . and how much insurance cost for 16 to 25 year old person. with clean reccord. sorry for poor english i m asian. thanks
    e-mail me :- dhruvilshah30@gmail.com
  • ljacobsonljacobson Member Posts: 8
    Dude,

I suggest you go to this website, build your car there and then see what their pricing is. If you can get that pricing from the dealership then you got a pretty good deal.

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html
  • ruchitruchit Member Posts: 7
    Without any options, EX Sedan.

14500 OTD.

I could get this deal at couple of dealers...
  • dhruvildhruvil Member Posts: 1
    dud u should buy it its good deal don't wait for anything. reply me back
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    A buyer should understand TrueCar and its relationship to dealers. The prices quoted on TrueCar do not represent the lowest price possible. TrueCar must make a profit, since we don't pay that profit comes out of the sales price which are set by the dealer and are not likely the lowest price available. Best to use TrueCar as a starting point and seek to purchase at least a few hundred dollars less. I did this last year and purchased a new vehicle for several hundred dollars less. The dealer informed me he uses TrueCar as a source for leads. The key, don't use the TrueCar site to contact the dealer. Use TrueCar to identify the dealer and then visit the dealer and negotiate a price lower than the TrueCar price.
  • sonusinghsonusingh Member Posts: 1
    Hi Ruchit,

Can you, please, let me know where are you getting $14500 fpr Forte EX?

I am looking for EX model w/o options in Albany area and dealers are not giving good price here.

Thanks,
    S Singh
  • party_crackerparty_cracker Member Posts: 1
    '11 EX w/Prem Pkg, cargo net & applique

MSRP $19,130

Rebates of $1,000 + $500 competitive

Price before TTL $16,470
  • dodgerdealdodgerdeal Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2011
    If I can get a 2010 new EX, is $13,600 about right or can I get it for less? They haven't given a number, but I think they're pushing for 14,100. Should I wait to try to get a 2011 EX for 15K. I'm not excited about the 4 speed transmission on the 2010.
    go for the sx model instead.more power,nicer wheels,sunroof,nicer interior,for not that much more than the EX model....
  • dodgerdealdodgerdeal Member Posts: 21
    I don't need that stuff. Just trying to see if that 2010 is worth it rather than trying to get a deal on a 2011. I'm afraid the 4 speed transmission will give me problems later on after the warranty is up.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to talk with someone who recently traded in a Honda or Toyota for a Hyundai, Kia, Ford or Chevy. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 3, 2011 with your daytime contact information, the car models involved and a few words about your decision.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• seaurchinseaurchin Member Posts: 57
    Guys, I am trying to purchase a used 2010 Forte EX. Is anyone familiar with Kia’s CPO program, I am having difficulties figuring it out.

I understand that every CPO comes with 10/100,000 powertrain warranty, but Kia’s website also says what for a second hand car powertrain warranty becomes 60,000 from original 100,000. Used Kia that I was has 24,000 on it, so does that mean that I will be basically getting 36,000 not 76,000 as I expected.

Also, it seems like most CPO cars come with 12 month bumper to bumper, I did not see anything of the sort on Kia.

Can someone shed some light on this whole Kia CPO thing, they website (if you can find it) is very, very unclear.
    if you were down here in south fla i would sell you mine which is for sale.2010 kia forte koup sx with auto,sunroof,and about 11,000.00 miles on it.asking price is $16,500.00 and has the balance of factory warranty.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    edited June 2011
    "Guys, I am trying to purchase a used 2010 Forte EX. Is anyone familiar with Kia’s CPO program, I am having difficulties figuring it out.

I understand that every CPO comes with 10/100,000 powertrain warranty, but Kia’s website also says what for a second hand car powertrain warranty becomes 60,000 from original 100,000. Used Kia that I was has 24,000 on it, so does that mean that I will be basically getting 36,000 not 76,000 as I expected."

When the car was sold NEW, it came with a 5yr/60k Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty and 10yr/100k mile Powertrain Warranty. The 10yr/100k Powertrain coverage is only valid for the original owner. The Powertrain Warranty drops to 5yr/60k for any subsequent owners.

The only EXCEPTION is a vehicle purchased from a KIA dealer that meets their requirements for their CPO program! The CPO vehicle carries the remainder of the 5yr/60k Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty (if any) AND it retains the balance of the 10yr/100k Powertrain Warranty as well! =)

For instance, let's assume this CPO 2010 Forte was sold new 18 months ago and now has 24,000 miles on it. The balance of the full warranty would cover it for another 3.5 years and/or 36,000 miles. The Powertrain Warranty would cover it for another 8.5 years or 76,000 miles, whichever comes first. Another nice perk of the CPO- it would also have 24-hour Roadside Assistance for another 8.5 years regardless of mileage!!!

If you bought a used 2010 Forte from any other source with the same mileage, all warranty coverage would expire in 3.5 years and/or 36,000 miles.

Before making a purchase decision, have you considered a NEW 2011 Forte also? KIA is currently offering some great financing specials on the 2011 models- 2.9% APR for 60 months or 3.9% for 72 months if you qualify. Financing $16k at the 72 month rate would translate into a payment of less than $250/month...or around $287/month for 60 months!

The 2011 model has a new 6-speed automatic transmission in place of the 4-speed automatic used in the 2010 models. The result is an increase in fuel economy from 25/34 to 26/36mpg along with slightly quicker acceleration. They also added features such as a trip computer, outside temp gauge and dual illuminated vanity mirrors to the 2011 EX model.

I highly recommend checking out the new 2011 Forte EX 5-door hatchback. In addition to the improvements on the sedan, it also has sporty 16" alloy wheels in place of the sedan's 15" steel wheels and several other neat features for almost no addition cost! You can buy a new 2011 Forte EX 5-door A/T for around $16,400 here in Atlanta...an incredible value!

Just some things to consider....good luck!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited June 2011
    would you be averse ta sharin' what yer Jonesin' for next in an automobile?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• canngacannga Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2011
    I am having a hard time finding a Pearl White Kia Forte 5-Door Automatic with Navigation. In addition, no dealer in Southern California seems to have any Kia Forte 5-Door with Navigation on the lot. Very disappointing.

1. Is there a reason for the lack of 2011 Kia Forte cars with Navigation option?
    2. Will Navigation be more common in 2012 cars?
    3. When are 2012 cars coming to dealership lot? I would imagine soon, like the 2012 Huyndai Elantra?
    4. If I don't mind waiting, is there away to order a car with specific color (pearl white) and option (nav) I like?

Thanks in advance.
  • jessica82jessica82 Member Posts: 4
    First, does the 5-door even come in Pearl White? I thought it came in only clear white.