Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Liberty Power Window Regulators

2»

Comments

• merry4merry4 Member Posts: 1
    My window recently made this really loud noise when i put it down and this cable started coming up,took it to the dealer and they told me it was my window regulator it was broken,& it is not covered under the extended warranty,it's only the lift plate. So now i am suppose to pay 209.00 dollars to have it fixed. I have read that a lot of people have had these problems and some how got Chrysler to have them fixed,can anyone tell me how? I also called Chrysler and they told me the exact same thing
  • crash227crash227 Member Posts: 46
    I had an odd experience with a failed window regulator on my 2006 Liberty CRD last year and found that it pays to talk to more than one dealer. Although I had over 100k miles on my Jeep, I found a dealer who replaced the window regulator completely free of charge. Lucky, I guess!
  • kathyjorgykathyjorgy Member Posts: 3
    Can't agree more...have never had such a frustrating customer service experience. Kept being promised a call from a service manager.....every promise broken. Finally called and demanded to speak with someone immediately - he told me just to go to a Jeep dealership and get a diagnosis - then Jeep would make the decision whether or not to pay for my 4th window repair. The guy I spoke to, nor the service tech at the dealership mentioned that there was a $100 diagnostic fee..."to make sure I haven't abused my vehicle"! When I called customer service, was basically told there was nothing they could do until I paid for the diagnosis. I can buy the part and fix it for less than that and I have absolutely no faith in Jeep that they will pay for the repair. It has been a complete run-around and waste of time. Many hours on the phone, took time off to go to the dealership and guess what?....window still broken! Chrysler has sealed their fate with me....I am telling the world how crappy their product and their service is. Something needs to be done. I am all for a class action suit. Can't believe our government bailed this company out so they could continue to screw its citizens. Disgusting!!!
  • auklyaukly Member Posts: 1
    Had the same problem with our driver's side rear window -- used a door stop for a couple months. :( The dealer wanted to replace the entire regulator for $500+, when it was only the plastic bracket that broke. :mad: So I called Chrysler to see if they would help but they wouldn't return calls and I had to open a second ticket. Then I find out I'd have to pay a diagnostic fee before they would entertain an offer of assistance. This was after telling them that this was a safety issue as the regulator belt (spiral cable) jammed in the door latch, making the door difficult to open. As an engineer I knew their design had failed in a bad way that could lead to a serious safety problem -- a power window failure should not contribute to an inoperable door latch mechanism. What a bunch of rookie designers at Chrysler!

So I fixed the regulator myself with a metal regulator bracket purchased through Amazon. There are some helpful youtube videos to see how others have fixed this. I went the route of bending down the tab holding the bracket in the track (but you probably can only do this a few times before the metal fatigues and fractures).

I share the same feelings of disgust and disappointment with the company I have been a loyal to for 15 years. I can guarantee Chrysler that this failure of theirs will cost them dearly in terms of brand image and loyalty.
  • angie2010angie2010 Member Posts: 7
    I bought a used 2007 liberty. After 1 week my rear passenger window wouldn't operate. I did some research because I seen so many complaints on the problem. It is a plastic piece called a lift plate that is causing a lot of problems. After searching online, I found there isn't a recall on this part but chrysler has extended the warranty on this part for 7 years unlimited miles. I took the liberty to the dealer this week & they fixed it free of charge. It doesn't cover the regulator or other parts only the lift plate. The lift plate is cheaply made with plastic thats the cause of the problem.
    http://www.jeepproblems.com/problems/window-regulator.shtml
    This is the link that has the extended warranty info.
  • jeepgirl202jeepgirl202 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, there is an extended warranty on the window problem. Mine were fixed by the dealer at no charge (even though the car's regular warranty had run out). I think I have a few more years on mine -- only one window left that hasn't failed and been replaced. Hopefully it'll "go" before the extended warranty time!

(I asked them if they could just replace the part anyway in that one window, but they said no, it had to break first.) :-(

Go figure.
  • katiawkatiaw Member Posts: 7
    I have a Jeep Liberty that the rear driver window has gone down for the third time now. The other three has but only once so far. Every time it had to be fixed i had full warranty for the windows, and i still have warranty for the the one the rear driver, but i was told that i have to pay for labor, which can cost around 200.00, because my car hit 82000, I don;t think that should be my problem since this is a manufacturing problem.
    I don't think that I should have to pay for anything. My opinion Jeeps from 2004 on should have been recalled because of the windows keep falling, but i was informed by the Chrysler that only 2006 and 2007 was recalled on that , that is not right. I am going to make a complaint with BBB about this, and am looking for people that has the same problem I do with their Jeep windows. Please email me at [email protected].
  • mrsbenderslapmrsbenderslap Member Posts: 2
    you should file your complaint with NHTSA 1 888 327 4236 and also with the federal trade commission 1 877 382 4357. i have been having the same problems. they need enough complaints before they will issue a recall
  • mrsbenderslapmrsbenderslap Member Posts: 2
    i was sent an extended warranty for lift plates, however it should have been for regulators. 2 out of 4 windows so far. there needs to be enough complaints thru NHTSA 1-888-327-4236 and federal trade commission 1-877-382-4357 in order for them to issue a recall. please complain, i'm tired of my windows not working
    I called both number made a complaint, also i was told to call the general attorney and also make a complaint with

BBB.org/us/auto/line/lemon/law

and the local BBB.

WE HAVE TO MAKE EVERY ONE AWARE OF THIS EVERY WHERE...SO JEEP DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.
    It shouldn't matter how old is the jeep. The problem still the same. the part that they use to hold the windows is made out of plastic. If a car is 4by4 how can that car be useful for off road trip if there is chance of the window is going to be falling down and we have to spend money to replace it. That is not right and it is not safe.
    someone in Phx called the local NBC channel which aired their story.....Chrysler helped them out....why won't they help all of us?

Here is the link to the story:

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/consumer/articles/2011/11/03/20111103Defective-J- eep-Window-11032011.htm

Chrysler says it is limited to one model...that was a little lie of omission since they didn't say it was several years of the Jeep Liberty model. Not quite factual!! Big surprise. I guess they selectively help people, or when they are challenged by a TV station that might give them negative publicity. I am giving them as much negative publicity as I can...posting my frustration often on Facebook, telling all my friends and family, etc. I sent a letter to Chrysler over a month ago...no response. I'm done being patient....now I will lodge complaints with every agency I can think of!! Come on people...we need to stand up for what is right!! Be heard!
  • boliviebolivie Member Posts: 5
    I pucrchase a 2007 Jeep liberty Limited form my neighbor who bought it and 6 months later couldn't afford it so I bought it from him. I did get a really good deal for only 10,000 dollars and the Liberty only had 6000 miles on it and it appered to be flawless. The second week I owned it it was still obviously under warrentee and the rear window fell down. I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the regulater and the glass for some odd reason. I told the person I bought it from about what happened and he told me the same thing happened to him with the front passenger widow. I week later the drivers window went out and they did the same thing. The windows are working, for now,however Chysler corp. mailed me a letter and let me know that for the next ten years they will replace any future window problems I'm sure I will get. By that time I'm sure I will not own the vehicle anymore but the good thing is the windows will be covered if I chose to get a new vehicle. Other than that it has 20,000 miles on it now and I havent experienced any other prblems. [email protected]
    P.S. They didn't give me a hard time at all and everything will be free of charge concerning the windows.
  • boliviebolivie Member Posts: 5
    This is the second message I am writing now that my forth window regulator has failed. My Liberty is 2007 and has very low mileage. At about 19000 miles it's unbelievable that this has been going on since the vehicle was introduced. It's a very common practice for the manufacture to work the bugs out and they are clearly making a fortune off of this insanity. I have read many of these blogs and it seems like I was the only one to get Chysler Corp. to extend the warrantee for the next ten years with out paying one cent. They gave me no problem at all. I'm still unhappy nonetheless because the windows go slower than any vehicle Iv'e ever seen. I don't understand why they have to replace the glass every time, it makes absolutely no sense even though it's all getting paid for. The inconvenience is horrible because you never know where your going to be when it happens. Everytime it happens the window in in the closed position and all of the sudden it just drops.
    My problem is the lift plate not the regulator itself. The liftplate is under extended warranty for 7 years. I had 2 of mine replaced free of charge. They didn't have to replace the glass. I didn't contact Chrsler. I contacted the dealer & they gave me no problems fixing it. Mine was doing the same thing. The glass would just slide down as I was driving.
  • jcrocombejcrocombe Member Posts: 2
    Hello bolivie

Can you post a copy of the letter from Chrysler, so that we can all see what they wrote, please?
  • jcrocombejcrocombe Member Posts: 2
    Hello angie2010

What are the details of the extended warranty for 7 years? Is this a Chrysler thing, or a third party offering through a dealer?
  • 07jeeplib07jeeplib Member Posts: 3
    I was actually looking on here for another problem I am having with my 07 Jeep Liberty, warning lights staying on, etc...but saw this about the windows...I previously owned an 04 Jeep Liberty..had transmission issues so I traded for an 07...within the 1st 6 months, 2 of my windows had dropped down into the doors so of course this was covered under warranty..over the next year, the one other did the same, so now all but 3 have been replaced & of course my warranty is over. Several months ago, out of the blue, I got a letter...almost certain it was from Chrysler...saying that for the lifetime of the vehicle, if the same problem happened, they would replace at no cost to me. I will bring the letter with me to work tomorrow & post the specific details...I had just assumed Chrysler had resolved this issue similar to a recall...but apparently not, according to the comments I am seeing..
    because the 2006 and 2007 were recalled about the windows. But they only went as far as 2006. not far back enough, because i have a 2004 and it fell down already 3 times.
    What is that matter that seal in the car saying Trail rated if you go off road the windows fall down. Someone explain that to me.
    This is a copy of a letter I found online. It's how I found out about the extended warranty:

Jeep Liberty Window Problems By Year

01(1)
    02(22)
    03(47)
    04(49)
    05(28)
    06(255)
    07(113)
    08(1)
    09(1)

* Accord owner brake complaints by year over the last decade. (source)

Chrysler Extends Jeep Liberty Window Warranty

In late 2010, Chrysler sent out this notice to 2006-2007 Jeep Liberty owners:

"This letter is to inform you that the warranty period has been extended for Window Lift Plate repairs on your Chrysler Group LLC Jeep Liberty to 7 years from the vehicle's original in service date with no mileage limitation. This extended warranty coverage applies to Jeep Liberty model years 2006-2007.

We are extending the warranty period for Window Lift Plate repairs because some vehicles have experienced repeat concerns with window components. If your vehicle is operating properly, there is nothing you are required to do. If you are experiencing the conditions as described in this warranty extension within 7 years from the vehicle's in service date, simplycontact your dealer to have the repairs performed. Your dealer will inspect the window regulators for proper operation and repair if necessary.

If you have already experienced this window regulator concern and have paid to have it repaired, you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. You may complete the enclosed Customer Reimbursement Claim Form and send your original receipts, invoices, and/or repair order to the following address for reimbursement. Your claim will be acted upon within 60 days of receipt:

Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
    P. O. Box 21-8007
    Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007

If you have questions or need any assistance, please contact your dealer or the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, EST. They can be reached at 1-877-426-5337.

Please keep this letter with your vehicle's other warranty information for future reference if neccessary. The warranty extension applies to the above components only, the other terms of your warranty remain the same.

Chrysler is taking this action to demonstrate its commitment to your continued satisfaction.

This extended warranty apparently doesn't apply to 2006 Jeep Liberty's with a build date before March 16, 2006 -- to find your Liberty's build date, check the label on the driver's door edge. Either way it's still worth a call to the dealership. So far we've heard only good things about people being able to be reimbursed by Chrysler for their previous window repairs. Nice work, Chrysler.
    It's through chrysler. I copied a letter that I found online. That's how I found out about the warranty.
    edited November 2011
    that is all nice and dandie but they want to charge me 200 dollars to have my window fixed. So, it doesn't do anything nice for me from Chrysler.
    A letter, and the actual work get done, it is very different.
    I was told by the manager of Chrysler in Las Vegas where I live, that he will look at my window, but can't promise me that he will fix it without charging me. Explain that to me then? Also i have called the 800 number for Chrysler, and i was told the same thing, that they can't do anything to help me, that I have to pay if I want the window fixed.
    The same window 3 times. Isn't that a bit add?
    And I have no small children.
    I take very good care of my jeep, cause I love Jeeps. However this window issue is really turning into a pain in my [non-permissible content removed].
    My problem was the liftplate for the window. I didn't contact chrysler, only the dealer. They fixed my front passenger & rear passenger with no problem. Sorry....I don't know what to tell you.
  • hollyj1hollyj1 Member Posts: 2
    My window issue effects both my front driver's side and passenger side windows, This red and black cable keeps popping up and the window will not move, (the first time this happened I thought it was a snake!)lol anyways, after i push the window switch down the cable goes back in the door and then the window will drop down a couple of inches. is this due to broken clips.
    edited November 2011
    Finally after so many threatening and complaining. Chrysler had my window fixed no charge. The sad thing is that it took me a week of bitching and complaining for me to get that done. They changed with a different regulator now. Hopefully I will be able to change cars before the other 3 windows go down. I love Jeeps, but there was a lady there at the service waiting for her 2010 Jeep having her window fixed. So, i am going for a Toyota next. I don't want have to deal with that anymore.
    LOL! That sounds like something different....not sure. When my window messed up, I took the door panel off & found a small plastic piece laying in the bottom of the door. So I pushed it back up by hand & put duct across the lift plate to hold it in place til the dealer got my part. It's a white plastic piece, it's usually easy to spot when the door panel is off. It's maybe 2 inches wide.
  • nelson33nelson33 Member Posts: 100
    My wife's 03 Jeep Liberty rear passenger side window failed again after fixing it, myself, approx 4 years ago. Tried a different regulator make this time, a company called Dorman I believe, to see if it helps. It's odd how Chrylser offers an extended warranty on 06-07 Libertys but not older models. the part cost about 85 dollars online. It's also odd how the front one, ie the one that gets used the most has not failed.
  • windowpain2006windowpain2006 Member Posts: 1
    This is a KNOWN ISSUE yet Chrysler wants to make us jump through hoops every time we need it fixed. I have had to take my 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited in 8 separate times. Luckily four of those were under warranty. But the past four times it has happened I've had to raise hell at the dealership and on the phone with Chrysler customer service to have it fixed.

Even though it is a 2006 Liberty, they tell me my VIN number is not right to have the extended warranty apply. The worst part: I know it is going to happen again! It is so frustrating I don't know what else to do. I am thinking of taking Chrysler to small claims to attempt to get these windows fixed once and for all.
    You have to make a complaint with a tv station. Channel 13 if u t in Vegas. has people that voluntary do that research. Also, u need to make a complainy with two other places I just can't remember right now., but I will research the names, they r in one of those messages that was sent to me here. Once you do then complaint with them, they give u a confirmation number on both places the more people complaint is better so they can recall it. Look on all the messages for me. It one of the first messages reply I got when I complaint abt my Windows. I would do it, but I'm on my cell phone.
    It took a long time, but I finally got to someone at Chrysler that was reasonable. Calling their customer care line is a WASTE OF TIME and you would have to be really lucky to find a dealership that will work with you. I wrote a lengthy letter to Chrysler and after after about two months, finally got a response. I was told to get the window fixed on my '03 Liberty and send the bill to Chrysler and I would be reimbursed. They did come through for me and I am grateful, although there reputation is tarnished with me probably forever. I will be in the market for a new vehicle in the next 18 months or so and though I love the look of the new Jeeps, I can't see putting myself in the position having to go through the crap I went through the last year to get the service I deserve. By the way, the rep that I worked with basically said that their customer care line is a joke...it's been outsourced and they are apparently just a bunch of robots with no authority. Good luck everyone!!
  • craig131craig131 Member Posts: 1
    WARNING UNDER WARANTEE AND THEY WILL PAY YOU BACK: If you have a jeep liberty 2006 or newer there is an extended warantee on the window regulators.(lift plates)It last 7 years from the year of your Liberty. They will fix it for free or in some cases where you paid they will pay you back. The warantee is X27. Here is the notice. I just had both my rear window done. Call this number first and they will direct you.
    Chrysler Extends Jeep Liberty Window Warranty

In late 2010, Chrysler sent out this notice to 2006-2007 Jeep Liberty owners:

"This letter is to inform you that the warranty period has been extended for Window Lift Plate repairs on your Chrysler Group LLC Jeep Liberty to 7 years from the vehicle's original in service date with no mileage limitation. This extended warranty coverage applies to Jeep Liberty model years 2006-2007.

We are extending the warranty period for Window Lift Plate repairs because some vehicles have experienced repeat concerns with window components. If your vehicle is operating properly, there is nothing you are required to do. If you are experiencing the conditions as described in this warranty extension within 7 years from the vehicle's in service date, simplycontact your dealer to have the repairs performed. Your dealer will inspect the window regulators for proper operation and repair if necessary.

If you have already experienced this window regulator concern and have paid to have it repaired, you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. You may complete the enclosed Customer Reimbursement Claim Form and send your original receipts, invoices, and/or repair order to the following address for reimbursement. Your claim will be acted upon within 60 days of receipt:

Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
    P. O. Box 21-8007
    Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007

If you have questions or need any assistance, please contact your dealer or the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, EST. They can be reached at 1-877-426-5337.

Please keep this letter with your vehicle's other warranty information for future reference if neccessary. The warranty extension applies to the above components only, the other terms of your warranty remain the same.

Chrysler is taking this action to demonstrate its commitment to your continued satisfaction.

This extended warranty apparently doesn't apply to 2006 Jeep Liberty's with a build date before March 16, 2006 -- to find your Liberty's build date, check the label on the driver's door edge. Either way it's still worth a call to the dealership. So far we've heard only good things about people being able to be reimbursed by Chrysler for their previous window repairs. Nice work, Chrysler
  • edlankfordedlankford Member Posts: 1
    I had to replace all the windows on my 2006 liberty, now the first one has fallen on my 2005...
    This problem with the cheap regulator must be over more than two years..
    Anybody had a 2005 failure ??
  • lizziedilizziedi Member Posts: 3
    I spent $182.00 on a whole new power window assembly only to return it. The lift plate on the new assembly was plastic. After popping off my door panel my lift plate is metal. What broke on mine was the plastic tubing that the cable runs through which is a much easier and cheaper fix..
  • j_c_j_c_ Member Posts: 2
    Your lift plates may have already been previously replaced with Steiger Performance parts. :)
  • docsean2002docsean2002 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue with the issuejust being the plastic tubing. How were you able to separate the tubing in order to replace it? My original 2003 Renegade was metal and the reaplcement I just purchased from the dealer is plastic. Seems like it would be taking some steps back. So I would like to try to stick with my orignal metal one.
    quite possible if the dealer did it. I bought my jeep with 2 miles on it
    I did a quick fix with duct tape wrapped around then i put more on long ways. Its working great for now I do plan on buying a piece of tubing and clamping it about 2 inches on both sides. Im waiting for the weather to be a bit warmer and some snow to melt.
    I agree with stepping backwards with the plastic that's why i returned the new assembly
  • jesslevjesslev Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 07 Liberty new off the lot, within two years the windows started to break. I have become familiar with the unique popping sound that accompanies the window issue. To date I have fixed 8 windows all the way around the car. I am beyond fed up. The most recent window to break resulted in the tubing being sucked into the door itself resulting in a jammed door. On the bright side I have never had a problem using the warranty on the problem, however the jammed door resulted in an extra $293 to fix. Dark side, the warranty only lasts for another 10 months. After that we are all on our own. Currently I am searching for a new car...that has functional windows.
  • sherri9sherri9 Member Posts: 3
    Our problems were all solved with the wifes 2002 Liberty that she bought new. A few months ago she was driving home from work on the interstate going 70 mph. Liberty started swerving back and forth in a jerking fashion as she was trying to get it under control. The next thing she knew she was off the road and a lady was trying to get her out of the car. The Liberty had rolled 5 times down the middle of the highway and off the road and landed on the one and only wheel left on the vehicle. The rear axle was laying 20 yards away with wheels still intact. Our insurance company and a rep from Jeep inspected the vehicle from top to bottom and found nothing structurally wrong. A week later there was a recall on the 2004 and newer Libertys about the rear end falling off the frame. Strange that the older ones weren't included in that same recall. So......after Doctor and Hospital bills that we are still paying for we now drive a Chevrolet Equinox. No more Jeep products for this family...period.
  • j_c_j_c_ Member Posts: 2
    I am amazed that so many people are still not using the replacement metal fittings that have been developed by Steiger Performance products.

I have a 2007 Liberty (Cherokee here in Australia) and once the plastic bits started failing, bought a set of the metal parts.

Do yourselves a favour and have a look here: http://www.steigerperformance.com/
  • 12m3412m34 Member Posts: 2
    Had both drop within 6 months of each other on my 06 Diesel, was told by dealer in 05 when I first bought it this would happen. Lucky I have some good friends at Tomball Dodge/Jeep that take good financial care of me.
  • lapierrelapierre Member Posts: 1
    I had my two right and left front windows repaired and had to pay for both. I first was told by Metro that I wasn't covered ,so I went to Firestone and payed 384.00 for one and 287.00 for the other.
  • cball1cball1 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for posting a copy of the warranty extension from Chrysler. I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty. I have had three different window regulators break on this vehicle. The first was in 2009, which was covered by warranty. The second was a few months later, which I had to pay for because the warranty had expired. The third one broke in September, 2013. This is when I found your post, with a copy of the letter from Chrysler.

I printed a copy of the letter and took it to LUM'S Chrysler/Jeep/Toyota in Warrenton, Oregon. They contacted Chrysler to verify the warranty extension was real, then made an appointment for a few days later to replace not just the broken one, but ALL FOUR window regulator lift plates with new improved ones, at absolutely NO COST to me. Thanks to both Chrysler and Lum's service department, and thanks again to you for posting a copy of the warranty extension.
  • brockmuttbrockmutt Member Posts: 1

Will Chrysler honor the recall of a bad window regulator in a 2007 Jeep Liberty? I know I got a letter about it years ago. Mine just went out on me.

• sccoast1700sccoast1700 Member Posts: 5

I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport. Every regulator broke. One of them twice. The first time it happened the service manager told me to call Chrysler. They knew they had defective regulators. They paid to replace all of them . I received an extended warranty for this problem. I keep a large black plastic garbage bag in the car in case another one lets go. Open the door and pull the bag over the window. It will keep out the weather until you can get it fixed.

• boeing787boeing787 Member Posts: 3

I AM AS DISMAYED AND P//Od AS ALL OF YOU. I AM THE OWNER OF A 2006 JEEP
    LIBERTY, TOP OF THE LINE. I AM ALSO RETIRED, SO I DON'T DRIVE MUCH. I
    HAVE HAD BOTH REAR REGULATORS FAIL AND THE WINDOWS FALL INTO THE DOOR. THIS HAPPENED IN 2011. THE LIBERTY HAD 11,000 MILES AND LESS THAN 12,000 MILES. THE FAILURE HAPPENED 4 OR 5 WEEKS APART. I READ IN EDMUNDS. THAT CHRYSLER

• boeing787boeing787 Member Posts: 3

THIS IS A FOLLOW UP TO MY JUNE 1 POST. I CALLED THE CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE
    PHONE NUMBER AND I TALKED WITH DEBBIE, A CHRYSLER EMPLOYEE. SHE WAS
    VERY PROFESSIONAL AND THOROUGH. I DID FIND OUT SOME INFO FOR THOSE
    WHOSE 2006/07 LIBERTIES ARE IN THE ORIGINAL 2 YEAR EXTENSION EXTENDED
    TO 7 YEARS AND NOW 10 YEARS. I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT MY LIBERTY IS NOT
    COVERED. I DID TELL DEBBIE THAT I WOULD BE BAD MOUTHING JEEP/CHRYSLER
    FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I ALSO ASKED DEBBIE TO PASS ON MY DISDAIN FOR
    BOTH OF THEM TO HER SUPERVISOR, HER SUPERVISORS SUPERVISOR, AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP. I ALSO TOLD HER THAT MY
    NEXT LETTER OF COMPLAINT WILL BE IN FACEBOOK. I THINK THE THREAT OF FACEBOOK MADE AN IMPRESSION ON HER.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Posts in ALL CAPS are hard to read, so as you make the rounds to Facebook and Twitter, etc., I suggest you use sentence case.

• aceofspade6891aceofspade6891 Member Posts: 1
    Has anybody been able to use the extended 7 year warranty lately? I know I am late with this issue. I just returned from four years overseas with the military. During that time 3 out of 4 windows on my jeep have failed and fallen down. I've been riding around with them pinned up. I got back into the states last week and came across this forum. I went to the dealership to try and have my Jeep repaired and they didn't know what I was talking about regarding an extended warranty. I called customer care and had no luck either.

I seriously doubt they are unaware of the issues but I haven't come across anybody helpful at Jeep thus far. I never received a letter in the mail regarding the warranty as my address likely wasn't updated. Anybody have any inside info on this warranty?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.