Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2001 Pontiac Grand AM

kelllyrockskelllyrocks Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Pontiac
I'm thinking of buying a 2001 Pontiac Grand AM, 3.4L. 115k miles on it. I'm wondering if any one knows the average life expectancy of this cars transmission? Am I going to be buying a new engine in 2 months?

Comments

• burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    Personally, I'd pass on it.
  • kylehunter44kylehunter44 Member Posts: 6
    :lemon: Dont do it! get something else! :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • chevynanachevynana Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2001 Grand Am SE, it had 135,000 when I bought it last year and is a good lil car ( I love it ). I bought it through a dealership but took it for an independent inspection and it came back good.I have no engine issues with it, put a cold air intake on it
  • 1sttimegaowner1sttimegaowner Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I have a 2001 Grand Am and just replaced brakes, rotors, and calipers but since replacing the calipers we cannot get the brakes to pump up. We have bled them several times but they still go to the floor before grabbing.
    Other than the calipers being bad and going through a pair of pads in 4 months the brakes were working fine before we replaced the calipers. I did notice that there appears to be black flakes in the reservoir. Any suggestions?
  • tjb1001tjb1001 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 grand am with a 3.4 v6 and I have almost 190,000 miles on it and its had no transmission or engine problems and I've had it since it had about 14000 miles on it.
This discussion has been closed.