Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Subaru Outback Accessories and Parts

bob_b1bob_b1 Member Posts: 29
Hello I have been looking to buy few accessories for my Subaru Outback Premium:
Splash Guards
All Weather Floor Mats
and Ski and Snowboard Carrier.
What would be the best place to buy EOM accessories and parts. Any suggestion.
So far the cheapest place that I found was: http://www.subarupartsoutlet.com/.
Did anybody have use them. Also do you know any other place that might be cheaper.

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,747
    1stsubaruparts.com The site is run by Walker Subaru out of Renton, Washington. They have great prices on parts/accessories, but I am not sure about the shipping rates. They show fairly reasonable rates, but for me, in Alaska, there always seem to be nasty surprises. I have not yet purchased accessories from them, but was preparing to do so.

They will also take Subaru Bucks, but you have to call them to place the order and let them know you are paying with Bucks. You mail them in referencing the order #, and they will then apply the payment to the order and then ship it out (or so they told me).
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • bob_b1bob_b1 Member Posts: 29
    I just can not believe that Splash Guards (4 peaces of plastics) can cost so much. I am so tempted to go to local auto store and buy universal splash guards.
    The best possible price on Subaru Splash Guards is $77 plus shipping. Way to much.
    and the Subaru ski rack is actually Yakima Big PowderHound w/ Locks. This can be found with universal mounts for 120. Another way to same some money.
    I think I will just buy floor mats for $45.
  • easypareasypar Member Posts: 191
    I agree that some of the prices seem a bit off, but consider the difference in look between "off the rack" splash guards and "factory" ones that blend in and are almost unnoticable. In fact you have to look for them on my black Legacy.

I made a list of all the accessories/add ons that I wanted on my car and used those in price negotiations, I knew the price that Subaru showed and the price which I could buy them for at other sites like the one listed above. I have the tools and know how to do any installations myself but obviously there is a price/convenience trade off between having the dealer do the installation of "bolt on" items, wind deflectors, splash guards etc and just putting the floor mats and trunk liner in.

Actually I didn't think the price on the splash guards was that high, I was thinking they were in the $50 range. But remember there are four sepatate molds involved to make them.

easypar
  • rschleicherrschleicher Member Posts: 79
    In just ordering some all-weather floor mats, I found that the prices at various Subaru parts discounters were pretty comparable, but that the shipping costs varied a lot. Usually they don't reveal the shipping cost until after you get partly through the check-out process.

Two places I looked at had the 4-piece OEM all-weather mats at $47 or $48, but wanted over $20 for shipping. A third place had them for $49, but the shipping was only $11. (This third place warned me that they might be sending an e-mail after placing my order if add'l money was needed for shipping, but that I'd have the chance to cancel if that was the case. But they never sent such an e-mail, and so the total cost ended up being $8 or $9 less than the other two places.)
    Yeah, the splash guards are one of those things that are useful, but seem incredibly expensive for what you get. On the first Outback I purchased that did not have those standard, I had the dealership "throw them in" after I had negotiated the best price they were willing to accept. Actually, I received those, all-weather floor mats, and cross bars for it, but none were "installed." They just put them in the cargo bay.

On my new Forester, I factory ordered the car and had the accessories included at the factory.

For floor mats, if the car did not come with them, I would not recommend Subaru mats at all. That is one accessory I did not get for my last couple cars. Instead, I purchased MacNeil WeatherTech FloorLiners, which are a far superior product. They are spendy (though shipping is extremely cheap in the contiguous 48 states), but worth every penny. The same company also offers an excellent quality floor mat similar in functionality to the Subaru product.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    i think I will stick with
    www.subarupartsoutlet.com for floor mats and splash guards .The price are $76.02 splash guards and $45.06 mats with shipping of $15.02. Cheaper than any other place I checked.
    For the ski rack I have realized Subaru is using Yakima Big Powderhound & Locks, but clamps are sold separately.
    So the best think is to by Yakima ski rack from
    http://www.orsracksdirect.com/yakima-big-powderhound-ski-rack-locks-8003082.html-
    free shipping and you can get 5% off if you use code "BONUS5". Total $113
    Yes, I am pretty sure that all of the rack accessories (cargo basket, etc) are Yakima products that are Subaru branded. Yakima (in my experience) makes good stuff.
  • rschleicherrschleicher Member Posts: 79
    My Subaru all-weather floor mats just arrived, and they look decent enough. They will hold/retain a modest amount of water/melted snow, in their grooving (about 1/2" deep), but they are still basically flat mats, of the same dimensions as the carpet mats. The biggest problem with them is that the driver mat has cut-outs for under the gas pedal and for around the dead-pedal, so these areas aren't really protected (just as with the carpet mats).

The Weathertech floorliners provide much better protection, as they have "walls" that go up several inches on all sides, and also cover the under-pedal area and the dead-pedal. But they are $99 for just the fronts, and $159 for the fronts and backs (plus shipping), whereas the OEM mats are under $50 for four (also plus shipping).

If I lived in snow country I'd have sprung for the Weathertech liners. But since I am only dealing with snow when I drive up to Tahoe a few times a year, I went with the cheaper Subaru mats.

Actually, they'll see their first use on an upcoming road trip to Arizona (Grand Canyon, Sedona, and then Phoenix area), where hopefully they are acting as more of a dust and dirt guard (although there is always some chance of snow in northern AZ).
    That sounds like a good choice. In Fairbanks, especially if the car lives outside, we deal with a lot of snow/ice buildup on the mats. The Subaru mats are great at gripping the ice in the grooves and that makes clearing them with any sense of ease quite difficult. However, when we get a quick warm-up, all that ice will melt and run right off the edges of the mats and into the carpeting below.

The WeatherTech mats are spendy, though. I decided to try them out a couple years ago with an '08 Outback (with the tan interior!) I was planning to own for only a couple of months during a long trip (and therefore wanted to keep it immaculate). Mainly, it was the protection around the sides of the footwells that drew me to them. When I sold the car a couple months later, with about 7,000 miles on it, the buyer could not believe it was even used, let alone by a four-person family! After that, I did not even consider the accessory mats when I picked up the new Forester.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    On the 2010 Oubacks, is the Remote Starter a factory or dealer installed option?

Also, any feedback regarding the performance of the Remoter Starter would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Did anybody installed these speakers? I was thinking of buying the kit but not sure about the performance.
    Also is kit something standard dimensions and if I can buy any other brand of speakers and be able to mount them?
  • rachel1985rachel1985 Member Posts: 2
  • rachel1985rachel1985 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for front and rear bumper guards, luggage rack and foglight cover for 2010 outback made in America. Who can hlep me? I need the parts deliveried to China. Please do me a favor, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • linas1linas1 Member Posts: 10
    I got it installed at the dealer. It has good range and works well. I have been using it for the last 2 months.
  • pinngpinng Member Posts: 10
    We have a 2004 Forester XT with about 100K on it and it's been running great and fun to drive. Last weekend when we were down in Phoenix, the car started to vibrate abruptly at idling and then the Check Engine light came on. We managed to drive back to Flagstaff but I did notice that the car lost quite a bit of power going up I17, which has a total gain of about 5000 feet in 140 miles or so.

When we took the car to the dealer, they first said one of the injectors was bad and it cost about $300 to replacet. However, the replacement didn't fix the problem. They then told us that we have a burnt valve and it will cost about $3,500 to replace it and the service manager asked me if I want to talk to the sales department for a trade-in. I ask him what could be the causes of this because we've followed all the maintenance schedule and haven't even pushed the car that hard, meaning the turbo wasn't even engaged most of the time. He said that he didn't know what might be the possible causes and it could just be one of those batch that has a bad valve.

This appears to me as a quality control issue. My question is: "Would we still have any possible discourse on a warranty replacement even though it's already past the 60K limit?" We tried calling 1800SUBARU3 but they were closed when we called. It appears that we're stuck with this one way or the other. Even if we decide to trade in, which we don't really intend to, they'll still take that $3,500 into consideration and will not be as flexible in negotiation knowing that we kind of have to buy from them. Any suggestions or comments will be most appreciated.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Nah, if it was a quality control issue the valve would have failed long, long before 100,000 miles.

I would go back to 800-SUBARU3 and kill them with kindness. Be as nice as possible and see if they offer to help.
    I would also go do a different repair shop and/or dealer for a second opinion. It doesn't sound to me like the dealership you used has your interests in mind nor the competence to handle your car's problem.
  • wvcreditmanwvcreditman Member Posts: 3
    I have a new in the box Hood Guard and Rear Cargo Net for a 2010+ Subaru Outback for sale. If anybody is interested I'm asking $75 for the Hood Guard and $25 for the rear cargo net. Both prices include shipping if you are in the 48 states.
  • ilyazilyaz Member Posts: 3
    We're considering buying a new Outback and I want to see if I can buy the accessories that they offer separately from an after-market dealer. However, none of those that I found so far seem to have any accessories listed for '11 Outback, as if the car is too new. Do you know of a good dealer?

The specific accessories I am after are rear bumper cover and various bells and whistles for the trunk, like cargo nets etc.

Thanks much
    Look up 2010, as they will be the same for '11, at least for accessories like those you mentioned.

There are several websites where dealerships sell parts at discounted prices, including 1stsubaruparts.com and subarupartsmall.com. These are OEM, not aftermarket, parts.
    I have a new rear cargo net and hood deflector in the box if you are interested. They are for a 2010 and 2011 Outback.
  • harrytddharrytdd Member Posts: 29
    Are these DIY accessories? The color-matched moldings became available this Fall.
  • sculler1sculler1 Member Posts: 2
  • trooper6c1trooper6c1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    Do you still have the Hood Protector for sale?
    Sorry, I have already sold all of my accessories. Thank you for asking. I would go to ezsubaruparts.com. That is who I always purchased my items from and they are cheaper than anybody else. Just my 2 cents.
This discussion has been closed.