Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Envoy Denali XL Gas Gauge and Oil Pump Problems

jhiles4jhiles4 Member Posts: 1
I have a 2006 Envoy Denali XL that has a gas guage that rotates from F to E sometimes but mostly stays on E. My engine light stays on because of my guage problem but now my light is blinking and I think it's because of low oil pressure. I recently had the oil changed but that didn't help with the low oil pressure. When my car is running and sitting in park it shakes and it doesn't seem like it's running at full power. I know I have some repairs but I would like to know a ballpark $ figure for these type of repairs. I've heard that the gas tank will have to be dropped and the sending unit will be replaced and a new oil pump. Can anyone ballpark these type of repairs. I'm currenlty unemployed and on a very strict budget so I would like to have some idea as to cost. Thanks

Comments

• mcwestermcwester Member Posts: 1
    jhiles4,

I am having the about the same problems as you. My electronic fuel gauge as well as the normal one on the dash shows that I have not put any fuel in no matter what the amount may be. My driver side door instrument panel blinks on and off at the most random times. My stabilitrak light has come on before and went off next time I started the truck. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do or who to contact.

Thanks,

Matt
  • housewife007housewife007 Member Posts: 1
    I too am having the same problems. As for the fuel gauge going up and down the repair shop replaced the level sensor to fix the problem. So far so good, that was done in Aug of 09. With the stabilitrak light I have no idea. Had it into the shop so may time and if it isn't on they can't do anything. One time I thought they fixed it but it still comes on to service. Also just started having problems that only happen intermittently when I slow down to turn the car shakes and I think it can't tell what gear its in. I think something is wrong w/the transmission. Hope this was a little helpful.
  • calahoocalahoo Member Posts: 5
    The stabilitrak and the gas gauge on our 2007 Envoy XL started about a month after we bought it. It has been to the dealership 3 times. The told us it was the front end and wouldn't even let us drive it becaude it was falling apart. We had only 71,000 kms on it. Finally after 3 1/2 weeks we got it back. And can you believe the stabilitrak light came back on. We were so upset. So my husband took it to a different dealership. They charged us $300 but figured out the Stabilitrak issue is in the steering column and it is a computer module. It costs $1000 cdn to replace. So we are waiting on that. Now the gas guage is starting not to work. We have only had this truck for 6 months. We drove 6000 kms to California and the truck was awesome except for fuel consumption. (Used to a 4 cyl. car) So hopefully this helps with the Stabilitrak issue. When the Stabilitrak light comes on you totally loose your traction control. I almost lost control with my 2 year old in the truck and I am also pregnant. We have lots of snow in the winter where I am from. It was scary.
  • debbie77debbie77 Member Posts: 2
    My GMC Envoy Denali had the same gas guage proplem that was remedied by replacing the entire fuel pump assembly with the fuel guage float arm. A very small, flexible metal sensor had broken off causing the fuel guage to read "F or E" erratically.

HERE IS A CURRENT PROBLEM that I am experiencing with this vehicle: The rear load leveling shocks will deflate causing the car to "sit on its butt", when parked. This happens intermittently. The occurences are unpredictable and do not seem to be related to any particular weather condition, winter or summer, but, occur only when the car is parked. As soon as the car is started the shocks re-inflate and stay inflated while driving. The dealership kept the car for 3 days without diagnosing the problem. Has anyone else experienced this situation???
  • leob3leob3 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever get an anwer to your question, because I have a 2004 Envoy and it does the same thing, it does not drop to the ground every night but about 5 time out the week
  • debbie77debbie77 Member Posts: 2
    We took my car to two different dealerships. Both places stated that we needed new shocks installed on the car. Both dealerships verified that they were leaking through the air shock bags. This was surprising as the car has only 50,000 miles on it. We read online that this was a common problem, with the 2006 Envoy, and that the problem was a sensor that needed to be calibrated........ simple fix done at any dealership. Neither dealership that we took the car to, had any idea about a defective or uncalibrated sensor. Consequently, we had new shocks installed and have not had any further problems with the car "sitting on its butt".
  • rgoldsteinrgoldstein Member Posts: 4
    I have the same issue with my 2005 Envoy XLS. The car died on the highway, just shut down and I had it towed to the dealer. They scoped it and had to replace the fuel pump and sender (total $1600) to fix the problem. :sick:
  • lyndallyndal Member Posts: 2
    The 2004 envoy should be included for defective fuel gauge also I called the customer service dept. today 10/14/2011, to see if there was a recall for this problem, of course the answer was no. He suggested that I should take the truck to the dealership to have it check. I told him I would, if it wouldn't be a cost ( yeah right). I paid $35,000.00 for a truck, and I couldn't get any satisfaction.
  • gdry_chigdry_chi Member Posts: 2
    Maybe some good new for it all with this issue. I received a letter from GMC About the gas gauge issue at the start of OCT. It talked about the gauge jumping back and forth and the lights going on. GMC offered to a 50/50 spilt on the of the cost. It is for a 10 year/120,000 miles.

I had the sensor repaired last thursday oct 20,2011. But heres the fun part ... Let my daughter use the car to go to visit friends at a college (3 hours away) this weekend. Now, the car is running rough and stalling then shut off. the new light show the engine with a arrow pointing down. This mean the car is moving itself in to low power to save it's self from mass failure.

the first repair costed $164.00 I wonder what this one will cost.
  • julien61julien61 Member Posts: 5
    :cry: I too bought my Envoy new. I've had all of the same isuues with the rear lights going out, fan issues, gas guage and oil pressure guage. I paid the50/50 split to correct the gas guage. Then the engine light starting staying on. Then I paid the dealer $692 for labor and parts to correct what they called a cooling issue with the enfine and seals to the cam shaft. The next day, the oil guage starting coming on every time I came to a stop, with a message saying oil pressure low & stop engine!! Now the dealer says I need a new engine for $5,200 on an SUV with 125,000. They also appraised it at $4,000 and told me it's not worth spending the money on a new engine, but get a new car! After spending almost $1,000 in one month on repairs & maintence, now they say get a new car! A think a class action suit is needed after spending $35,000 on an SUV that can't last pass 6 years.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    julien61,
    I apologize for your frustrations and inconvenience. Can you please email me your VIN, current mileage, dealer of choice and contact information? I would like to look into this further for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • sipdip23sipdip23 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2006 envoy denali with 105000 miles oil pressure just dropped all the way out all the lights came on the dash saying to stop engine so i stopped check oil and oil was fine when i cranked the car back up it has a knock no and the oil press is fine.
  • leigholeigho Member Posts: 3
    Last year I finally broke down and paid the $440 to fix my faulty fuel gauge sensor after running out of gas on I-75 at 2 am and having to pay a wrecker to bring me gas. Both of my brother-in-laws were experiencing the same issue and I had read lots of similar complaints on the internet and at the time searched for some sort of recall offer from GM. Nothing formal was out there from GM even though my dealership even told me how common the problem was. So...I spent the money. Now, I get a letter and an offer from GM to pay 50% of the repair. How Disappointing! If GM is willing to pay 50% of the cost then they are saying they are 50% at fault. What's up with that? Am I then 50% at fault because they built a vehicle with a faulty component? Seems very unfair to me.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Leigho,

We would like to follow up with you on this, if you are interested. Please email us your contact information (including forum user name), current mileage, and VIN and we’ll investigate further for you.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • lydiasolydiaso Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    I have a 2006 GM Envoy Denali with 86,000 miles on it. The auto started making a knocking noise one day at about 50-60K. GM mechanic said it was the timing chain but keep driving until it got worse. The next time I had it serviced they said I should replace all the belts to resolve the knocking noise, this did not resolve the problem. They then suggested I replace the alternator. Then the gas sensor went out, about a year ago. I couldn't afford the $1000 GM said it would cost, so I estimated my fuel by the odometer. Then the a/c and defrost wouldn't blow. Had the gas sensor and mode door actuator replaced this summer. Within a couple of weeks afterwards, it lost all power while going through a round-a-bout and no shoulder to pull off on. GM mechanic replaced all the plugs and wires, cleaned the injectors, preformed induction system service. Within a week it did it again. This time they said the computer needed resetting. Tonight it lost all power again, the engine light came on, the stabilizer light and another light that looks like check engine. The back lift gates went out this summer as well. Sometimes when sitting in traffic with my foot on the brake, it will lurch so hard I think I've been rear ended, but there are no cars close by. I'm very disappointed in this GM product and when I considered trading it in at the GM dealership who has serviced it from day one, they wouldn't even offer book trade in value. Because they said it had so many problems.
    Lydiaso,

I’m sorry to hear about the experience you’ve had with your Envoy. If we can be of any assistance (looking into warranty or recall information on your vehicle, assisting in working with a dealership towards resolving this concern), please email us with your name/username, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and your involved dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • tdoug38tdoug38 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my 06 Envoy XL Denali new 12/20/05. As of today, 11/12/11, I have 54,945 original miles on the truck. However, I have and in some case still have the following issues:
    1) Stabilitrack issue 2) Fuel gauge 3) Rear Suspension (both shock absorbers) 4) Radio fades in and out, the finish has peeled of the control buttons 5) Shift cable broke(on a road trip) 6) Water pump leakage 7) Left front window regulator (replaced twice) 8) The steering wheel chrome finish peeling. Please understand, I take good care of the truck with scheduled service maintenances at a local dealership that has really worked with me. So, I have no arguments with them at all. Just got some of the stated work done on 11/11/11 which caused me with some discounts $1,126.13. I am a previous owner of a BMW and after this GMC experience, I'm strongly considering returning. This is crazy. Again, please note I only have 54,945 miles on the vehicle. WOW, I keep asking myself what's next. I agree, GM knew there were issues with this model, but they proceeded to ignore them. Side note, I encouraged a cousin to buy the same model as mine (she bought new), and we both have the same issues almost around the same time.. It's unbelievably.. GM, loyalty and good products go hand in hand.. You missed it with this product.
  • lydiasolydiaso Member Posts: 3
    How do I email the information to you?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Click on a member's user name to get their contact info.
    Tdoug38,

Thank you for posting, and I'm sorry that you've encountered so many issues with your Envoy to date. Which concerns are still unresolved at this time? Have you already worked with Customer Assistance?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • camillemarinoocamillemarinoo Member Posts: 5
    I also have a 2006 nvoy Denail bought in 12/05 I have had the fuel tank /sending unit , back air suspension& throotle body relpaced... I NOW have no air blowing out of front vents and now my engine is making noise and I was told that I have to rebuild the engine or get a new on. this should not be happening ..
    If you like, we can look further into your situation and assist to the best of our ability. Please email us with your name/username, contact information, involved dealership, and the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Sarah,

I had my truck fixed in July, I recieved a letter from GM in Oct. that they would refund me half of the sending unit.. i had my neighbor replace the whole fuel pump in JULY I sent in for reinbustment just for the sending unit and they REFUSED to give me credit because i didn't use a licensed mechanic! I had took the car to a licensed mechanic in July and they wanted over $900.00 to replace it! I paid $596.15 There was no way of me knowing that there was going to be a Reimburstment. Also, In the Requst form there in no NOTATION that you had to use a licensed mechanic.. I am going to Civil Court with this matter!
    I too had the same problem I had to replace the air bags! Along with fuel pump, Throotle body and NOW a NEW ENGINE!
    Camillemarinoo,

Thank you for posting back. I'm looking into this.

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • tdoug38tdoug38 Member Posts: 2
    I had to pay $243.49 for the installation of the two rear air shocks and the sensors. Paid $245.00 labor to have the waterpump replaced, Paid $170.00 for the labor the fuel sensor replacement. Paid $207 for mu=iscellaneous charges in addition to non warranty work. As of now, my radio issue has yet to be resolved because at the time the above work was being done, it was functioning properly. Please understand Vera GMC has worked with me as much as possible. So, I have nothing but praise for the service manager Mr. Daryl Friedman. However, I do still have unresolved issues with my truck.
  • benbobbidictbenbobbidict Member Posts: 3
    have check engine light on when tank is filled till drops down to 7/8 full, then comes back on when half full to empty. checked error msg, says fuel sending unit faulty. did a google search on sending unit, as far as i can tell, an envoy allows you to replace sending unit, but envoy xl the sending unit and fuel pump are together, and the part costs over $300, and the fuel tank needs to be removed to get to it. i expect it would cost $1000 at a dealers. and the stabilitrack msg pops up now and then, esp when turning around with wheels cramped to max. the air compressor quit when i was pumping up a tire, and i am uncertain if it fills the airbag suspension. have 86k miles on it. last year they removed the fuel tank to repair an a/c leak that handily happened to be on top of the tank.
    Thank you for more information. Would you please email us with your name/username, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and dealership (just to have it all in one place)?

My goal in this is to get a Customer Assistance Case assembled for you so we can move towards getting this resolved.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Benbobbidict,

If Customer Service can be of any assistance in working with a dealership towards addressing the concerns you're describing, please email us more information!

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hello again,

Thank you for your patience. I have a few questions: Have you already begun legal proceedings? And did you speak with a dealership on this or with Customer Assistance?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mherron1mherron1 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    I am also having most of the same issues with my 2006 Envoy Denali. I already had the fuel sensor issue and it has been replaced. Now it is happening with the oil pressure. The gauge is peaked at the highest pressure and the check engine light is on. Mechanic says it is a common issue with the car. It has always stuttered (or bucked) at a stop light or stop sign as a previous poster mentioned. I also had to replace the throttle body last december at my cost.
    The load leveling system went out (which also causes the tire pump in the back not to work) so that got replaced (under warranty) but it now has a slow leak in it and will have to be replaced again. I really love this car, it's my second envoy. I bought GMC because of the quality. My husband also owns a 2007 GMC Envoy. But I am very disappointed in all the issues it has had. I also have a whirring noise when I press on the gas, that repair is a $350.00 repair. Our 2007 just had the same thing replaced at 45,000 miles. There are issues with this car get that are not related to how well you care for it and GM needs to do the right thing and help to take care of the issues. I am going to be looking for a new car in the next year (if this one holds up that long) and after driving GM cars all my life I am seriously considering changing. :cry:
    I'm sorry to hear about the multiple concerns that have arisen with your Denali. If you would like to work with Customer Assistance, please email us your name/user name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, the name of your involved dealership, and more information about the trips you've made to the dealer to address your current concern.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Sarah,

I have not spoke to a Dealership nor customer Assistance. I was only told that they were not covering by the mechanic that fixed my truck. He is the one that recieved the phone call that I was denied. I was going to begin Legal proceedings on Friday.

CM
    How do I email you my info?
    To email me information, please click on my username here on Edmunds.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • benbobbidictbenbobbidict Member Posts: 3
    I don’t have oil pump problems.

I have fuel sender unit problems. I have an xl denali, which I believe has fuel pump and sending unit combined. To pull the fuel tank and replace the fuel pump/sending unit will be around $1000 at dealer. A friend of mine says he will do it for around $700.

At present, when I fill the tank, the guage flips back and forth, and the lo-fuel light flips on when the guage hits empty, then a minute later, it flips to full, and the ‘checkengine’ light is on. When the tank hits 7/8 full, the checkengine light goes off, and the guage work fine. Then, when it hits halfful, the checkengine light goes back on. Don’t remember if the guage flips back and forth on the bottom half of the tank, but I think not.

Anyway, presume the flipping guage has a bad impact on something, like melting a computer somewhere in the denali, so I presume I need to replace the fuel pump/sending unit.

Last year the a/c pipe in the rear broke, and it cost me $700 to fix. Probably $2 for the repaired a/c tube, and $698 to pull the fuel tank. That was a year and half ago, so I can’t [non-permissible content removed] to the dealer that fixed it.

I have not dealt with a GMC dealer. The company that did the a/c prev was a Pontiac dealer, now does used cars. Still has the Pontiac mechanics.

This time, am having a friend do it, who runs a repair shop in town.

I can look up the vin, but the large [non-permissible content removed] I have is that the denali will have endless problems, a thou here and a thou there. we bought it used three years ago, because of the terrific ride, the air suspension, and over 3tons, rides like the livingroom couch. The mileage is around 14-15, driving easy. I have an enclosed haulmark trailer, and with 300hp, hauling a loaded trailer is not noticeable, except for leaning towards gas stations when driving by. Beautiful ride, with those adjustable seats, I can drive for several hours and not be cramped up, no headache, no ringing in my ears from engine/road noise.
  • mrs1781mrs1781 Member Posts: 2
    TDOUG... I understand your frustrations. I too own a 2006 Envoy XL Denali with 63,000 miles. Reading your comments regarding your the problems you have been experiencing makes me think you were speaking on my behalf. This truck have cost me alot of money in the past year. First the gas gauge went bonkers..cost $440. The stabilitrack kept shutting off last winter...$1000...Less than a year later this problem has returned today. Last month I had to replace the rear shock airbags. They had a leak causing the rear suspension to drop....cost $1200. All of these repairs were made by a dealer. I'm going to mention the smaller problems. Do any one know if there a recall for the stabilitrack issues? I'm going to call the dealer on Monday. Hopefully there is a guarantee on their work that was done less than a year ago. I simply can not afford to keep paying for these repairs. I am considering a Honda Pilot.
  • mrs1781mrs1781 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my 2006 Envoy Denali XL in 2009 with 45,000 miles in March 2009. I now have 63,000 miles. Since my purchase I paid $420 to repair for issue #1 -Fuel Sensor: I couldn't tell what was my gas level. Of course I got caught with an empty gas tank and the car shut off in the middle of the street . Issue #2- Cost $1,100- Rear suspension air bags- At first the rear of the car would drop down when it was parked but it would pump back up after turning on the car. Then it started dropping down while I was driving. This would cause the car to hit bumps hard and the car would bounce. Issue #3- Cost over $1000- The throttle body went bad. This caused the stabilitrack to shut down which slows down the exceleration. This issue was a big inconvenience. Today my engine light came on and the stabilitrack shut down again as I was driving. This was problem was fixed less than a year ago. No way this should be the same problem. If so, I'm hoping the dealer will take responsibility and repair it at no cost to me. Theres no way lightening should strike twice. Another issue I am having is...When sitting still at a light with my foot on the brake the car has a hard bumping/ pulling feeling. It feels like I was rear ended. The dealer said it I needed a fuel injection cleaning. Which I have have at least 3x's along with using fuel injection cleaner occasionally, I'm still experiencing the same "bang in the back" feeling. I love my vehicle. However, these problems are too costly for me. I am seriously considering to trade it for a vehicle that is well known for having less issues such as a Honda Pilot.
    Mrs1781,

I appreciate the lengths you have gone to in order to make these vehicle repairs that you detailed in your post. Am I correct in that all of these have been done at your servicing dealership? Have you been in contact with your dealership since your most recent post?

If you aren't doing so already, I would like to offer to set up a case for you through Customer Assistance. This will allow for us to investigate your situation and to interact with you and the dealership as we seek to get your current concern(s) resolved (I see that your Stabilitrak has shut down and that you are experiencing what you called a "bumping/pulling" feeling). If this interests you, please include the following information in an email to the address on my profile here: your name/user name and contact information (phone and address), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, the name of your involved dealership, and a description of the visits you've made to address your current concerns. I appreciate your willingness to continue working with us.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • telcoman1956telcoman1956 Member Posts: 1
    Wow!

I just “stumbled” onto this Edmunds forum while researching the rear load leveling suspension problems I started having a few months ago.

This sounds like one of MANY chronic problems associated with GMC Envoys over several years and models (i.e., 2004, 2005, 2006, XL, XUV, Denali, etc.).

I have a 2005 Envoy XUV SLT that I bought new in July 2005. It now has approximately 79,000 miles. I’ve done all of the required maintenance and repairs through the GMC dealership. The fuel sensing unit had to be replaced a few years ago. Fortunately, it was when the vehicle was under full warranty so, I didn’t incur a repair cost. I’ve too have experienced “poor quality” issues posted by several others such as labels peeling off of knobs/buttons. I had to replace the rear gate window regulator after it went out on its own.

A few months ago, I noticed the vehicle’s rear periodically lowering after being parked. It would rise to the normal level shortly after being started so, I didn’t think anything of it. But I’ve noticed the rear lowering happening more frequently. Based on what I’m reading in these posts, my concern level has jumped considerably because it appears others have had the vehicle lower while driving! I have 22”rims on mine and there’s basically NO clearance betweens the tire sides and wheel wells when it’s in the lowered position so, this could be catastrophic!

I know the vehicle has an air compressor in the rear compartment area that can be used for inflating tires, balls, etc.
    1. Does anyone know if this is tied into or related to the auto load leveling suspension system?
    2. In addition to the air bags and a sensor, is there also a compressor that can go bad?

I’m also extremely disappointed with the “ton” of poor quality and design issues that simply should not be happening at such low mileage levels! Perhaps this is why they were discontinued!

Oh, I almost forgot…
    My engine service light is now on and according to the OnStar diagnostics, it’s due to a defective heated oxygen sensor! I won’t even go into the really poor gas mileage I’m getting…!
  • mylz2gomylz2go Member Posts: 2
    I also am have several issues with my 20006 Denali. First the shocks for the rear door failed and I had to replace both of them and now my stablitrac shocks have gone out and I am also experience the oil pump problem causing the check engine light to go on and my oil pressure gauge to max out
    I understand your concern in regards to your description of your vehicle "lowering". I don't have the technical information available myself, but if you were to send us an email with your VIN and your questions about the air compressor(s), we could ask our Technical Assistance Center. It is possible that they will recommend a visit to your servicing dealership for a diagnosis, as we prefer to not diagnose vehicle concerns over the internet.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I am sorry to hear about the concerns that have arisen with your Envoy. Are you planning on working with your dealership on this? Please keep us updated on your plan of action, and we will assist as we can!
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • moonstruck621moonstruck621 Member Posts: 1
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one having a problem with their gas gauge jumping up and down. I travel to work at night and recently have been having problems with this. Imagine, 11pm cruising along, alone, and the needle shoots to empty and the light comes on and pure terror kicks in!!! A full tank of gas(so I think?) and it's telling me I'm empty, then it shoots up to half and back blah, blah, blah... NOW, I have to worry about being stranded in the middle of the road at night, in the middle of winter!! I love my 2005 GM Envoy, but this cost will put me ovet the edge!! Help!! Whom or what do I have to do, to get some resolve without having to sell a kidney. I see the NHTSA is investigating this, why are most GM owners in the dark, until it's too late? :cry:
    One option available is to establish a Customer Assistance Case with us, where we could investigate your situation and explore the options available to you in addressing this concern. If this sounds like something you would like to pursue, please get in contact with us via email with more information, including: your name/username and contact information (phone and address, please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage on your Envoy, and the name of your preferred dealership.

I understand, especially after the holidays, that a visit to a dealership may not be an option. Our first step in the case will be to get your vehicle in for a diagnosis, which will involve a diagnostic fee, from which we can start to explore the options available.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • tstanektstanek Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    I have had a similar problem with my 2006 GMC Envoy. Vehicle turns over for about 5 or 6 seconds after filling the tank and the fuel gauge jumps around for a while - then returns to normal after about an hour or so.

I called GMC and there is a special coverage which will pay 50% of the total costs for parts and labor. The special coverage number is #10054 (http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67262). It will cover the fuel gauge/sensor if your vehicle is less than 10 years old and under 120k miles.

Call 1-800-462-8782. Follow the promptings to talk a person. Tell them about your problem and have your VIN# ready to go. They will put you on hold, find a local GM dealer, and set up an appointment to get the problem diagnosed. This is as far as I am now. I'm hoping the price isn't ridiculous...

Hope this helps.
  • mylz2gomylz2go Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response! Are these issues part of any recall that you are aware of. It looks like this stabilitrac issue is extremely common and difficult to resolve as well as expensive. The oil pump to seems to be plague many people with both Envoy and Envoy XL models. It seems like these were manufacturing flaws or possibly a batch of bad parts. It seems like if this is not a factory recall it should be made into one. This is the fourth GMC vehicle I have owned GMC Suburban, GMC Jimmy, and GMC pick up truck. None of them have ever given me problmes like this truck and I do not have the money to make these repairs at this time
    I understand that resources can be tight, especially after the holidays. If you were to email us your name and the last 8 digits of your VIN, we would be able to check your vehicle's information to see if there are any open recalls associated to it.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • timbo65timbo65 Member Posts: 22
    have a 2004 envoy that has gauge problems. started out if it rained or i hit a puddle , my speedo would go to 130 mph. and stay there till it dried out a few days later. now my speedo never works, and my oil pressue gauge goes juat as high as the needle can and will occasionally work normal for a day. all other gauges act normal... my mechanic has checked it and said "GMC are know for messed up gauge packages"..... which really bugs me because my truck is beautiful and have never given me any trouble !! if anyone can helpout with info, or why GMC wont do a recall and stand behind their products.