Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Top Ten Careers For Crashing and Burning

Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
It's not clear exactly why drivers in certain professions crash more, but Quality Planning Corp., a company that validates policyholder information for car insurance companies, has collected statistics about car accidents and speeding based on profession.

What do you think is going on here?

1. Doctors
Per year, every 1,000 doctors average 109 accidents and 44 speeding tickets, landing them at the top of the list.

2. Lawyers
Per year, every 1,000 lawyers average 106 accidents and 37 speeding tickets.

3. Architects
Per year, every 1,000 architects average 105 accidents and 72 speeding tickets.

4. Real estate brokers
Per year, every 1,000 real estate brokers average 102 accidents and 39 speeding tickets.

5. Enlisted military personnel
Per year, every 1,000 enlisted military personnel average 99 accidents and 78 speeding tickets.

6. Social workers
Per year, every 1,000 enlisted social workers average 98 accidents and 33 speeding tickets.

7. Manual laborer
Per year, every 1,000 manual laborers average 96 accidents and 77 speeding tickets.

8. Analysts
Per year, every 1,000 analysts average 95 accidents and 40 speeding tickets.

9. Engineers
Per year, every 1,000 engineers average 94 accidents and 51 speeding tickets.

10. Consultants
Per year, every 1,000 consultants average 94 accidents and 50 speeding tickets.
Tagged:

Comments

• euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Professional Golfers who blame their caddy for wrecking the Escalade. :confuse:
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    YEAH...I was wondering why athletes weren't on that list. Maybe not enough of them to create a good database?

How about politicians?
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,072
    The list includes accidents and tickets...politicos (and athletes most likely) escape the latter all the time, and probably avoid being named in the former too.
    Oh....how I can get that service?
    You gotta be special.
    but....but...I AM special :cry:

Sidenote: When I worked in Alaska, we had a rule NEVER to hitch a plane ride from a doctor unless he was a "native".
    Yes you are...but you also gotta be loaded or able to make people think you can provide perks :shades:

Did non-native doctors have a propensity for crashing?
    Seems like they did---I was warned about it, so must have been something to it.

I can understand why real estate brokers are crashing----their cell phones are grafted to their heads most of the time.
This discussion has been closed.