Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Throttle Body Assembly-Backorder

luiselslaluiselsla Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Ford
Own a 2004 Explorer XLT with 64000 miles, under Ford ESP warranty. It spent 2 weeks for a transmission job and when I finally got it back it stalled after 20 miles of driving it. Took it back to the dealer and they say the Throttle Body Assembly needs to be replaced. 5 days later they can not locate the part anywhere in the country and will take 4 to 6 weeks to get it although they don't know for sure. In the mean time they want heir loaner back and I am suppossed to be without a car. This is my 6th Ford and hade never had a problem like this. I just read a similar tread under the Ford Freestyle and there was people ther with their cars in the shop for several months. This seems to be a known issue that he dealership and Ford should know about. Anybody else experiencing this. How do I get Ford to pay for a rental. ESP says they cover only 10 days and Ford customer service says they will look into it.

Comments

• racerjracerj Member Posts: 1
    Hi I have a 2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer with power pedels. The servo is bad on the gas pedal and the dealer claims no parts avai!l Any body have any suggestion? Maybe a used assmb is out there some where. Im glad ford didnt ask for a bailout but what about all the suppliers that had to close down??? We are in trouble here
  • luiselslaluiselsla Member Posts: 3
    I don't have a solution for your problem, you may try after market parts or used parts. What I can tell you is that you are not alone. I am still waiting for the throttle assy and now they say it will come at the end of January. In the mean time I was able to convince FORD to pay for a rental until the part arrives.
  • jmiller440jmiller440 Member Posts: 2
    just wondering if you've been able to get your throttle assy. I have a 05 F150 that went down this morning. I was told Feb 25th more that likely March 8th "possibly" Quality is job one?
  • jmiller440jmiller440 Member Posts: 2
    I hope you were able to get the throttle body assembly. I have a 2005 F150 that went down this morning. My mechanic, who left the Ford dealer I purchased the truck from, called me to let me know the part in on national back order and won't be available until March 8th.
  • luiselslaluiselsla Member Posts: 3
    No, the part has not arrived yet, last Iheard was Jan 30, but that is past and gone, Ford is paying for my rental after I bitched and jelled. I have a call into customer service for an update. willlet you know.
This discussion has been closed.