Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    Personally I don't think Toyota will go back to having a big back seat.

REALLY hope you're wrong! If you're not, why get the Avalon over the Camry? That will take the Avalon off my list, I drive clients almost every day in my Lexus LS, I need the back seat room. :mad:
  • neil1neil1 Member Posts: 20
    Anybody know how the maint req'd light is programmed to come on? For example is it at 5K, 10K, 15K etc? Or is is automatically 5K after the last oil change was performed and light reset? Or something else?
  • nceencee Member Posts: 419
    Automatic 5,000 after oil change and a reset É I believe.

Skip
  • gramzgramz Member Posts: 106
    I have 45,000 miles on mine and it has come on each time somewhere short of 5,000 miles. It only stays on for a short time then it goes off. I went past the 5,000 miles once and when that happened it stayed on until service and they reset it.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,895
    My 06 was 5K miles.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

I only liked that color in the bright sunshine (not very much here in Maine), any other time it looked black. Hell at least half of the people I know, thought I had a Black Avalon (which I did 2 years ago).

As for the room in the back seats É that doesn't seem as small in comparison to the front. Most folks who have ridden in the back say it's just as roomy as my 2011. Now I'm not sure that could be said if 3 people were out back.

Oh let's see, it sucks in the snow, but then again, most cars do with summer tires on them:) Well it doesn't suck, but it's not great.

I think the drivers seat is more comfortable then my 2011, not much, but enough that I can tell.

The finish seems to be very nice. I've washed it a dozen times or so, and it washes real easy, and dirt and snow washes off real nice. It seems to be a much higher gloss then my 2011.

Not a single person has said anything bad about the car. I have had several people ask if they could sit in it, and walk around it, and all of said in some way, shape or form "Wow, Nice Car" "Sure wish it was mine" or "Damn I'll bet your one happy in camper with this car" É

It's at least as quiet if not just a little bit quieter.

I'm not sue I like the window buttons. My 2011, you could hit real quick, and the window would go up / down, and you could hit the switch again in mid stream, and the window would go up / down. With these, you need to hit and hold the button albeit for just a second or so, but still not as easy / quick as the 2011.

My head unit looks like it is bad:( I've tried 3 other cell phones, and they all do the same thing. I have an appointment at the dealer for them to check it out. Hopefully it's just a setting I'm over looking.

I'm still going to be interested to see what if anything they change next year. I think they need to decide if it's a Luxury Car / Sports Car (hardy) or a Sports Car/ Luxury Car.

I for one, have owned Avalon's because they were a Luxury Car. I was fine with the size (heck I would have been fine if it were a bit bigger:)

I know it's not in this market, but you don't see many luxurious;

- Corvettes
    - Cameros
    - Mustangs
    - Buick Regals
    - Genesis
    - Infinity G35, G37

You get the picture.

Make a sports car, for the sports fan É

Make a luxury car for those who understand, the size, comfort, LUXURY, and are ok with the poor fuel economy. I understand I Bought a Luxury car and know that it's MPG's won't be as good as a ECONOMY car É I'm ok with that.

Oh, again, the front with a front plate is a NON issue:)

Skip
  • nan48nan48 Member Posts: 350
    Does anyone know how to reset the button at the 5000 mark? Is it easy? I'm sure I will have my car service at the dealer but just in case I don't.

Thanks Skip for the updates on your new Avalon.

22 thousand and still counting, Fixing to take another Birmingham trip, that's about 500 miles one way. So I'll be putting some miles on the old car.

Filled up yesterday, got 25.6 mpg in city/hwy driving. Two people, no luggage. I always keep my air pressure up to par.

2011 LTD,
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,895
    Its been a few years, but IIRC you hold down the trip meter button while turning on the ignition until the light shuts off. The procedure is in the manual.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• geo123geo123 Member Posts: 33
    Skip,

Thanks, for the updates on your new 2013. I enjoy reading them. You may have stated but, what color interior did you get and how do you compare to your 2011? I have only seen pictures of the interior and would appreciate you comments.

Thanks,

George
  • _bill_wa_bill_wa Member Posts: 37
    What tires came with the car?????? Hope the 2013 Avalon was not supplied with the Bridgestone tires?????? I do like the change to 18" tires.
  • _bill_wa_bill_wa Member Posts: 37
    Have 2011 Ltd., 33,000 miles, White, great car.....bought at a better time in my life, then wife died....need to move on. This was my 2nd Avalon, 1st was 2003, put 110,00 miles worry free miles. I have decided that there are enough new options on the 2013 Ltd., that now is a good time to make the change.

Have spend the past few months looking at different cars Nissan Maxima, Infinite, Lexus....all have strong points, all nice cars.....but when you consider all the Deluxe features, that are standard, not many options and runs on "regular gas"...Toyota Avalon Ltd. is the best value for my dollars.

Champagne Mica, Technology Package, paint protection film, rear bumper applique, all weather floor mats. Interior color, not decided yet.....local dealers only have 1 Avalon a piece.....what I can't believe is that the 2013 Avalon brochure HAS NO INTERIOR COLORS OR A OPTIONS PAGE.

Will keep you posted.
    Hi. You can see some pictures at:

- http://www.flickr.com/photos/vonstringcaldinkal/

Compare: 2011

- 2011 larger inside
    - A bit more cushy of a ride

Much more luxurious inside and out. The fit and trim is very well done. The paint seems to have much more or a much better grade of clear coat on it.

Fuel economy is hard to judge right now, with Winter in Maine, but I DON'T like that the fuel tank is smaller:( I drive a lot, and can really appreciate not having to stop as often to get gas. It's only 2+- gallons smaller, but on the highway that 60+- miles.

Skip
  • geo123geo123 Member Posts: 33
    Skip,

I appreciate your comments and pictures. Your new Avalon looks very nice. My local has two or three that I plan to go see. I am anxious to see the new interior. Just hate to walk on the lot and have to deal with the sales people. My wife still has her 2000 Avalon that she loves and it still rides and drives great. But, it time for a change. We are in our seventies and want something that is nice and comfortable to drive and ride.

Again, thank you for your updates and comments.

George
  • gentlemanjohngentlemanjohn Member Posts: 1
    My 2002 Lexus ES - loaded with Levinson - is at 148k and it was a company car that I was just given as part of retirement package. I was CEO of a small business - still am on the board - and retired for 1.5 days - I'm only 46 - to take over as sales leader for a 220 EE company. while I always buy my wife a new car, I have always boug pre owned as I throw miles on like a mad man - sales culture. We purchased the Lexus in 2007 with 40,000 and it has served me well. I always had it looking like new and even had it painted in 2010 so many people unfamiliar with it asked it if was a new car. That always made me feel good.
    So, keeping to my M.O., I was looking at 2010 ES models and while I obviously like the brand, the update as snot that significant from my 02 and the MPG was the same. That is when I ran into an 11 Avalon Limited all black with the black/Bordeaux seats. love the LED taillights and incredible roominess. I will be driving many clients and employees and the back seat legroom is impressive. Most impressive is the MPG gain. The new 13 ES is awesome, but I am not spending $40k plus when I can drive the Avalon for three years and then get the ES at a discount. With my trade, I have a total deal pending for $19,998 and 2% financing ( I could pay cash, but would rather make a hire percentage with investments ) for the black 2011 Avalon Limited with 32,000 miles. I like the fact that E previous owner had also paid for the extended warranty, but even if they :):):) had not, I have time to check on the few issues that you have listed here - wipers/arms, steering column, and I'll have to scheme the seats again since they cool have cooling.
    I want to thank all of you for posting here. It truly helps in the decision making process. It has also helped with maintenance issues, TSBs, recalls, warranties, dealer spiffs, pricing, etc.
    Thank You! if I pick up the Avalon next week, I be sure to post on if I noticed any of the issues previously reported. Peace!
    edited December 2012
    I guess I'm slow and truly didn't understand what you are saying. If I do understand you right, YOU CAN buy a Avalon but was wondering which one to buy? Is this correct.

If I understand you right then I'm always about cruching the numbers and saving a dollar. I would buy an 011 or 012. But that's just me. All cars go down in value and it won't be long before your 2013 will be old news. SOMETIMES car hold value better simply because the company did change things on the newer one. I hope this is the case. The new Avalon, I am told is smaller. I suspect that's why it gets better MPG with viturally the same engine. I have a 2011, LOVE the car, LOVE the back seat. Other people might feel different though. I have 22 thousand on my car and honestly 30 grand couldn't buy it.

I found out there are a few issues with the 2011. Poping in the steeriing column happened on my car and the dealer liked to never found it. Other owners out there reported the same problem, some didn't. Took about 4 or 5 tries before a tech knew what it was. I think they replace the entire steering column, problem fixed. ONLY a few of them had this problem. Sweaky wiper blades was a big problem but my dealer found that problem first thing and change my wiper arms, not just the blades but the whole wiper arms, problem fixed. Hope this helps. Sounds like you have a great job to give you a car.
  • djrc08861djrc08861 Member Posts: 52
    i got a 2012 limited.2013 disappointed me.trading it in for a 2013 es in march
    but would rather make a hire percentage with investments

Seriously? "hire percentage"? Most CEOs (including me) can spell "higher". ;)
  • number4avalonnumber4avalon Member Posts: 13
    '11 Avalon with under 20K miles and Bridgestone Turanza EL400 Tires. Not favorable impressed with these in snow (first experience since purchase in 8/12. Both Michelin and Dunlop tires much better grip on snow/ice as used on '95, '98, '04 prior owned Avalons. Agree with others Bridgestone tires don't see to give the traction and wear of Michelin and Dunlop tires.
  • davepiszykdavepiszyk Member Posts: 16
    I went to the San Diego auto show this Sat 12/29 and had a great look at the 2013 Avalon. First impression was great styling. However, the interior is far less roomy than my 2011. I am very disappointed in the interior room or lack of room.. especially the rear seat. in my 2011 you can comfortably seat 3 large adults. The 2013 cannot accommodate the same people.

Comfort and room was the selling point for me as my first Avalon was an '07 followed by the '11. It's highly doubtful that I will buy another.
    :blush:
  • gringoviejogringoviejo Member Posts: 11
    Bill, I could tell stories about my 2000 XLS (upgrading tires, struts, and brakes made significant improvements), which I sold last year at around 140,000 miles, and the nearly-new 2004 ES330 I'm driving now (great car at ~40,000 miles but I'm 6'2" and not getting younger, and the interior is much less roomy), but I want to ask about *your* Avalon, since I'm in the market for one like it: 2011 or 2012 Limited, white, not too many miles, owned by someone who can spot a lemon.

I live in the SF Bay Area, in case you're anywhere close by.

BTW, I sat in a new (2013) Limited at the dealer the other day. Nice looking car, but they've changed the whole concept, going after a younger demographic, which probably makes sense from a marketing POV but doesn't do me any good when what I want is the big driver's seat. Also, it seems quite a bit lower than the older models.

If anybody reading this has a really low mileage 2003 or 2004 XLS, I could get interested in that as an alternative.

PS: My experience with Toyota service departments has run the gamut from pathetic, insulting, and incompetent (usually) to minimally sufficient (at best). At the Lexus dealer, even with an 8-year old used car, I was always treated *very* well, offered free services -- loaners, wash and wax -- and, surprisingly, not overcharged. (They did try to talk me into replacing the timing belt at 34,000 miles when I first bought the car last year [because it was 8 years old] but I can't see why it should be changed before 90,000 miles unless the water pump leaks.)

Of course, your mileage may vary.
  • finfin Member Posts: 594
    edited January 2013
    The reason is.... time. The belt is made of fiberglass, it does not stretch. Either it works as designed or snaps with a potential catastrophic result, there is nothing in between. That said, they seldom fail at low mileage even after 10 years but if they do...wow.. Some engines self destruct, others do not, someone else can answer that one but you are stuck wherever you are when it goes out. My wife had one go 11 years, no problem when we traded, the car was fine... Good luck with yours hope it does the same.... :)
    edited January 2013
    My 2011 Avalon is silver, with Grey interior, it's a Limited, with 22 thousand miles. Garage kept, (all the time, no exceptions) I don't have ANY door dings, scratches, etc. plus I bought an 8 year 100 thousand mile extended warranty. This is a transferable warranty and it's from Toyota. Naturally I have all receipts INCLUDING all gas receipts since new. I actually keep a log of everything I ever done to the car, including washing and waxing. I have the orginal sticker, Oh yea, I have a light tint added to the windows, plus a nice pin stripe (Check picture below) etc.

I'm sorry but it's not white. I was offered a white one but that was a demo with miles for the same money. I choose the one with no miles. I posted a picture on the blog some time back you might want to check or I can do it again.

I bought my Avalon because my wife was receiving treatments in Birmingham AL and it's about a 5 or 6 hour drive one way. So most the miles are road miles but all is documented in our book.

The 2012 is the same car, so I would look for a new 2012. If I was you.

Hope this helps, Bill
    Photobucket
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Have you checked out the new redesigned Accord its bigger inside than the Avalon and has some really nice tech features in it. i am in agreement with you on interior size. i'm also big at 6'1 240. seat size and hip space is important.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• rotterdam6rotterdam6 Member Posts: 36
    I am not considering anything right now....Avalon nor Honda.....especially Honda. I owned several and always had A/C issues with each. Even when working correctly, the Honda A/C never seemed to cool as well as Avalon or Camry. Also had suspension noises when guests were in the back seat, plus road noise which I understand Honda has worked on for the latest Accord. I'll stick with my 2012 Avalon.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    I have owned 3 honda's outside of road noise, and i replaced my trany in a 2003 pilot at 105k i have nothing bad to say. There were trany problems with earlier accord models that i think were addressed.. I am considering to buy the new Accord but cant find any reason not to... Compared to the competition in the mid size field. Looks like a great bang for the buck with improved motor size, mpg, interior size and the reviews have been saying road noise is better in this model, with some really nice tech features and a standard back up camera in all models. not that a back up camera is a buying point for me. I was considering the 13 Genesis but a redesign is due out in the fall with upgrades that are needed to that model along with tech features and awd will be offered. I bought a 2012 Bmw X5 last year Dec 2011 or i would go for the Audi A6 or s6. I think thats the best bang for the buck at 54 to 60k Ride, performance, features and quality.

Any thoughs

Brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• clemsonlori98clemsonlori98 Member Posts: 4
    My husband and I own a 2011 Avalon. We love it. Smooth ride and lots of room. My husband is around 6'3" and 240 lbs. He fits well in this car, front and back seat.
    We had the Motortrend car show in Greenville, SC that we go to every year. It is just a fun thing to do. I was really anticipating seeing and sitting in the new 2013 Avalon. To be honest, I just wasn't impressed so much. It is now a mid size Sedan. No longer is there room for 3 adults in back seat. And to top it off my husbands head goes out the sunroof. Very disappointing.
    We came across the 2013 Honda Accord V6 Touring at the show. Very impressed. Lots of cool new features and gadgets. My husband had plenty of headroom too.
    We love our Avalon but they obviously made some changes for the worse in the new one. Too bad. The Avalon just lost a future customer.
    edited January 2013
    When I wholesaled cars, I always loved the Honda's. They sold so good, in fact they sold as good as the Toyota's. As time went on, Honda's still sold good but I noticed the road noise. I mean it was bad. A lot worse than Toyota's.

I sold my business and have not wholesaled cars for over 15 years now maybe longer. I have no access to good car auctions. I did test drive a new accord and again my biggest complaint was the road noise.

Personally for me, road noise is a big issue. I like quite cars. I like cars that have good resell value. I would stick to Honda's, or Toyota's for the BEST resell value. Unless times have changed these cars always had the best resell value.

In my opinion, Toyota made a big mistake making the inside smaller. I would think the biggest buyer of the Avalon's would be the older generation. I guess they are trying to appeal to the younger crowd.

I miss whole selling cars. I said then I WOULD NEVER EVER pay retail for a car. I guess I should have not used the word NEVER. As of today I have paid retail for 2 cars, and one truck, lol, It's hard knowing the value goes down as soon as you drive them off the lot.

For those who don't know whole selling is not like a car salesman by any means. I SOLD cars/trucks to the dealers. I bought my cars from big auctions all over the east. If you're not good at what you do, you'll go broke, fast.

My 2011 Avalon is here to stay, unless someone wants to purchase my car for about 32 thousand. I don't suspect I have any takers but that's my price. I guess my price is so high because I really like this car that much. :D
    edited January 2013
    Double click the picture you want to shop then copy the files and past that. Then everyone won't have access to ALL YOUR pictures. Go the HTML code and copy that. What you post will be the picture, NOT all the pictures. but it now allow everyone to access your site.

Photobucket

Here is a illustration of showing a small picture. I like this joke. After 29 years of marriage, well you can relate. Hope this helps, Now Flicka might be different from photobucket, so this isn't written in stone.
  • number4avalonnumber4avalon Member Posts: 13
    My 2011 20750 miles is just like yours except for the attractive pin stripe you added. My quirk is the rear headrests and the sloping rear window which don't provide as good visibility thru the inside mirror as the '04 AV. I seldom have rear seat passengers so I remove the headrests until I have rear seat passengers and for PA. state inspection. I also miss the central display of date, time, compass, temp. fuel computer and mileage selection on the '04. Also not a fan of the Bridgestone Turanza tires compared to Dunlop and Michelin or of the navigation system compared to my portable GPS. Otherwise a great car so was my '04, '98 and '95.
    edited January 2013
    I bought a used Avalon 2000 model because cars lose so much in value. I know about cars and this 2000 car "a one owner car" with 100 thousand miles on it. As little as I drive, I figured this car would last me perhaps the rest of my life. Avalon's have a good reputation for long lasting.

All the years of dealing with cars I never thought ANYONE would get something over on me. I checked the entire car, I knew it has some slight damage at one time. It was weeks before I drove the car at night. When I finally did it was obvious she had an electrical short. The lights look like Christmas lights going down the street. Don't get me wrong anything is fixable on any car but I thought, "hey, perhaps it's time to pay retail for a car", so I bit the bullet, traded the 2000 in and bought my 2011. I did my best horse trading and got MUCH MORE than I paid when I trade the 2000 in. I'm not a typical buyer so I won't say "I got over on the dealer", I did not. I did get a good deal though.

Other than losing value, I'm glad I bought the car. I would never feel right selling that used 2000 to anyone. The dealer will just wholesell it out.

I've drove so many cars that the back head rest gives me no problem at all. I never used a nagavation system in life so I didn't order one. My kids bought me one two years ago and still never used it.

Tires, hmmmm, I don't know what kind of tires I'll need or what to buy. I am not a fan of Bridgestone tires either. I like Michelin's but I'm told I will pay for them if I want that brand. I never owned another Avalon so I can't say anything about '04 or 98's. I only owned the 2000 model for about a month. I can tell you that the 2000 was easier to drive. The steering was different. When I owned my business, we might have bought some Avalon's but we only owned the cars for days then we sold them. Sometimes I never even drove the cars/trucks I bought. I can't say for certain I bought any Avalon's back in those days

I'm very suprised to see you have less miles than I do on your Avalon, wow! I have 22 thousand miles and drove it mostly back and forth to Birmingham AL and home. My wife was going through breast cancer treatments and we had to drive down there about once a month.

This is one reason I broke down and bought a new one. The 2011 Avalon makes the trip so much easier. I'm glad I did. No inspections in the part of the state but I can see ok out the back. Again, it's because I drove so many different kind of cars and I guess I got use to not seeing everything. Thanks for sharing,
    Also had suspension noises when guests were in the back seat, plus road noise

Hondas have always been noiser than other brands, lotsa road noise. Odysseys are hard to converse in if you're in the back seat.....
  • liaisonliaison Member Posts: 49
    I am looking at a used 2012 Avalon and noticed that Carfax showed wiper blade/insert was replaced at 2500 miles. Should I be worried about the wiper issues with this Avalon. It has 2 years remaining on warranty.
    Most all owners of the 2011 Avalon's in here has wiper problems of some kind. I assume the 2012 also had the same problem since it's basically the same car.

MY OPINION: I would not worry because it's been in the shop for that. Smart to check car fax, make sure it's a one owner or a lease. Lease cars are good to buy, perhaps better than a one owner. Make sure you have a warranty on the car, if you don't then you MIGHT want to check into that. WHY? I hear a rear view mirror cost 1200 dollars. This is just an example. Hope this helps,
    Anymore questions feel free to ask.
    I would not be concerned with the wipers. That's an easy fix if they are noisy. I went through that with my 2008. My 2012 has no wiper problem. Love the car and you will too.....hopefully.
    Just wondering why you feel leased cars are better to purchase than "one owner" ones? I would have thought the opposite.
  • neil1neil1 Member Posts: 20
    No worries. I would think that wiper blade inserts on any car would be more age sensitive than mileage sensitive. If your car is parked outside in the summer heat here in Florida you're likely to change inserts a couple of times a year.
    edited January 2013
    Just wondering why you feel leased cars are better to purchase than "one owner" ones? I would have thought the opposite.

Answer: I thought I might get this question without fully explaining myself.

First of all, there are different kind of leasing. I SHOULD have said corporate leasing. On Corporate leasing, they lease a fleet of lets say Avalon's. THEY have to be maintain regularly, this is part of the agreement in leasing. SO normally without exception, these cars have been serviced regularly. One owners cars are NOT always serviced regularly. Fleet leasing care are USUALLY brought to auction before the warranty is up. Then auctioned off. Usually right under the wire of the warranty running out.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not a "know it all". This was my business.

At big auctions, you would easy spot the difference between a repo car/cars and a fleet lease car. You'll see a fleet of lets say, Avalon's, or other type cars would be 100's (perhaps, sometimes only 30 or 40) of them together. Normally these are good cars. Again serviced regularly. I've bought tons of them. NOT Avalon's but tons of these kind of cars. Simply better than a one owner repo. At the dealship, it can be a one owner but it could be a repo one owner. In my day they didn't have car faxes. So I'm NOT sure if a car fax says the car was ever auctioned off.

NOW, individual leasing, that's a whole different ball game. I won't go into difference about individual leasing.

Times are different. In the 90's, it was not uncommon to see a lot of fleet leasing cars at auctions.

Hope this helps, Bill
  • finfin Member Posts: 594
    This really is not my discussion, but... a good friend of mine spent decades at a major company that gave all managers and others with a certain job type company leased fleet cars. They were always maintained well. Company paid all the bills and the cars were kept in perfect condition although some had higher mileage than normal... still, they were a bargain for whoever got them...
    Yea, of course I agree. These are big leases, giving to companies from Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. to big companies. In the agreement, or contract, they HAVE to maintain the vehicle. So every time the oil needs changing it's done, tires rotated it's done. All maintaince is kept up by the company. It's part of the deal.

I loved buying the fleet lease cars. They sold good with very little problems. I never saw Avalon's in the fleet lease cars, but I did see a LOT of Camerys.

Hope this helps, Bill
  • marv15marv15 Member Posts: 32
    I agree with you. Other then the styling I was turned off by the interior. So I traded my Avalon 2011 for the 2012 that I will keep for a long time since the 2013 is a trend I don't like. I test drove it and found it finding every bump and letting me know about it. The 2011 or 12 is a softer ride that I enjoy and bigger inside.
    Thanks for the update about the 2013 vs 2012 Avalon's. I don't even want to bother to look at a 2013 now. Again thank you for that update.
    I'm just sad that they took a Very Nice Luxury car, and destroyed it:(

Yes, in my opinion.

Ok, so they didn't destroy it, but it is now a Very Nice SPORTS Luxury Sedan, and I have come to appreciate the Avalon as a True Luxury Sedan.

IF they had made this New Model, the same size as the 2010, 11, 12's, and gave it the same ride (or more comfortable), I think, it would have sold just as well. I say this, because it would have LOOKED the same as it does, just been a better car. And if folks are buying because of the new Look, Style, Fit, and trim, then why wouldn't folks still have purchased it, if it was a bit bigger, a bit smoother and a bit more quiet?

Skip
  • jwillinjwillin Member Posts: 16
    Wow. What a loss. I have a 2011 Avalon which means I will be keeping it for awhile. The 2013 doesn't sound very exciting to drive or even to own. After they decreased the size of the trunk, the only thing to like about the Avalon is that it is so big or has a large interior. You can really stretch out in it and enjoy the ride and also driving it. Thanks for the info.
    edited January 2013
    I'm just sad that they took a Very Nice Luxury car, and destroyed it:(

I know what you are saying. Of course they didnt' destroy the car. I bet there are some that even love the NEW 2013 Avalon. HOWEVER, overall, I personally think they are getting away from their base sales. My opinion is that the older people are the main ones that buy these cars. I guess I'm old, I'm 56. Not old enough to be call old but feeling older. :)

I like the 2011 Avalon because it is big, I love the ride and don't mind paying a little more to ride around in luxury. Thanks for the input. I'll be keeping my for a while, unless I get that 32 thousand I'm asking. ;)
    I haven't owned an Avalon, but have respected them ever since 05 model debuted. I would be happy in one. The 12 especially impresses me, love the cabin.

My Lexus dealer told me, Toyota and Lexus is following the BMW lead, and moving toward producing a "reliable BMW". That means sportier, faster, and if you look at the stying trend of the dash, it's almost a knock off of the BMW dash, right down to the Mouse. Every manufacturer for decades has tried to reduce the average age of their buyers, Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus, all of them. Yet, to me, that's a little odd since old guys have the money generally, and there continues to be a vast demand for luxosedanolas, like the Avalon. Pretty soon, 60 year old guys like me are going to be looking hard for a new car with a quiet, smooth ride and lots of relaxing room. Where will we go? I don't see what's so wrong with making one Avalon type model with these characteristics. Sure, we are all dying off, BUT, they make a new batch of 60 years olds EVERY DAY!!! We do renew....
  • chris_top_he_rchris_top_he_r Member Posts: 1
    :D Hot spit! I just registered here 2 minutes ago so don't know this user interface yet. Hope this goes to gringoviejo. If you or anyone wants our 2000 Avalon XLS we're trying to sell. All garage kept and dealer serviced. About 60K miles, absolutely great shape. Had it detailed. Current offer at $6500 and drives like a new car. Trying to get closer to $8000. Under hood looks newish also. Tring to fix a flashing light problem right now on it to help the sale. Other major forum lists different things to check. Starting tomorrow since dealer found nothing while having car for three days. Any advice is always welcome. :D
    Good cheap car are usually easy to sell. The part of the country you live in DOES make a difference.

Seems like you have a pretty good ad started. I would mention any damage, if any, tell if it's a one owner mention that, etc, Plus the report card everyone is looking at today. Having a senior moment fire fox, something like that. Oh yea, clean car fax report. Don't lie about wrecks. The one owner I bought had nothing about the accident it was in. YET, the car had been hit on the back corner. An expert can spot it every time.

Hope this helps,
  • jim3jim3 Member Posts: 19
    Drove into my son's yesterday, temp 14 degrees. We had the heater set-up high and floor heat. For most of the 2 and a half hour trip the floor heat was very good but the blower was blowing cool air all the way. Later on in the day we took the car out and got warm air blowing out the vents. Is there something I'm missing here? Or is the heater screwing up?
    Looking forward to the replies you get. The heat has been a thorn in my side since I go the car. Mine heats well for about 30 miles and then it starts with the cooler air. I've found I can adjust manually and get better results.