Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 EX-L side door often doesn't fully auto-close

hondaownerinvahondaownerinva Member Posts: 4
edited May 2014 in Honda
I've got a two week old 2010 EX-L Honda Odyssey in which the passenger side sliding door doesn't fully close all the way.

What happens is that it will attempt to close, get 99% of the way closed, and then re-open. It does it on and off and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason (ie...car on or off).

It closes every time if I push it in at the end (right before it would normally re-open).

Any one seen this or got any ideas?

Comments

• phinman1phinman1 Member Posts: 4
    Theres a service bulletin out to fix that problem.
  • hondaownerinvahondaownerinva Member Posts: 4
    I saw a bulletin that was similar but different...not sure. The one I saw was about the window not being fully closed but my situation was a bit different. My sliding door would close 99.9% of the way and then open right back up.

Just took the van in and the service tech says he didn't do anything and it stopped happening. Although he said he didn't do anything, technically he did push in the rubber seal where the sensors are which might have reset or at least pushed the rubber seal back.

Not sure but it was happening 50% of the time on the dot and then they do "nothing" and it doesn't happen anymore.
  • phinman1phinman1 Member Posts: 4
    Service bulletin 08-055, check it out. Sensor and door adjustment.
  • hondaownerinvahondaownerinva Member Posts: 4
    I think that is a bit different as it mentioned "sliding door does not open" but my problem is about not fully closing. I'm guessing the assumption is that the same sensors and same issue is causing the issue of either not "opening" or not "closing" (as in my case). Either way...went to dealer yesterday and its not longer happening even though the "tech" did "nothing". We'll see if it happens again.

http://db.theautochannel.com/db/HondaReviews/safety.php

Bulletin Number: SB-08-055
    HONDA: SLIDING DOOR DOES NOT OPEN ALL THE WAY EVEN THOUGH WINDOW IS CLOSED. THE WINDOW REGULATOR IS NOT CONTACTING THE LEVER ARMY PROPERLY, MAKING THE SLIDING DOOR CONTROL UNIT THINK THE WINDOW IS OPEN. *PE
This discussion has been closed.