Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pontiac Grand Am will not start, no dashboard lights

cassmartinezcassmartinez Member Posts: 6
edited October 2014 in Pontiac
The car will not start. The 10 minute wait does not work, not sure what the problem is. I put the key in the igniton try to start and it does nothing. None of the dashboard lights work. The interior lights work, the cd player works (locked out of radio now), I can lock my car with the keyless entry fine. Does anyone know what to do? We've checked fuses. I got a diagnostic scanner and hooked it up but it won't connect to the car. I'm at a loss!

Comments

• Options
    burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    Ignition switch? What's the battery voltage?
  • Options
    cassmartinezcassmartinez Member Posts: 6
    Was a wire that went to some sort of circuit fuse or something...that lead to the ignition. Wire was 7.50 diagnosis and labor was 140.00 Total with tax=148.12 Sucks that labor and diagnosis was SO much but it was a cheaper fix than it could have been!
  • Options
    sliderinwasliderinwa Member Posts: 6
    Can you post what it says on your receipt? I, we need to know what wire and what fuse. Many are having this problem. I love my GM cars, but this is the last Pontiac for me. Have some fun today.
  • Options
    blambingblambing Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am having a similar problem. Could you let me know what wire it was? Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks!
  • Options
    blambingblambing Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Did you ever find out what wire/fuse it was ?
  • Options
    newhooknewhook Member Posts: 1
    Having same problem someone said ignition wiring