Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

96 camry windsheild washer pump

novice26novice26 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Toyota
Can anyone tell me the problem. My windsheild wipers work but my spray does not. Does the spray pump have a separate fuse and were might that be located.

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Same 20A fuse feeds the wiper switch, which then feeds both the wiper motor and washer motor.

Put a voltmeter on the connector at the washer pump, and verify that you are getting voltage to the pump, when the washer switch is turned on. It will take two people and a voltmeter to do this.
  • pacman337pacman337 Member Posts: 3
    I have an 89 4 cyl camry and the windshield washer pump is out, I can't find it, even the Haynes repair manual does not show it, I looked everywhere for it, hoew do I access it to replace or even check.
    edited March 2010
    Open the hood, up front on the right passenger side, in front of the wheel well.
    I must have to remove the wheel well cover, can't see it, thanks.
    edited March 2010
    no, it's up near the front.

Let me try to get you a picture

Edit....Here ya go ....windshield washer location

Note: I mislabeled the photo. It's for a '96, although I labeled it incorrectly as a '98
    This is for an older model, 1989, on my car that position you showed is the speed control actuator.
    Find it this way. Find the windshield sprayers, and track the tubing back to the pump.
  • bwicklinebwickline Member Posts: 1
    My tubing goes behind the wheel well. You can't see where it goes from there. Help!
This discussion has been closed.