Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura ZDX

tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
Let's talk about Acura's new ZDX here!

tidester, host
SUVs and Smart Shopper
Tagged:

Comments

• vincentiusvincentius Member Posts: 1
    I took a look at the ZDX at my dealer today. It's only for show room, no drivable ones yet, but wow it has an interesting look.. No visible door handle for the rear seats and its shape wouldn't register as a sedan to me.. it kept looking like an SUV with its ground clearance.. *it definitely looked much smaller in picture..
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Did you get a chance to sit in it?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • fredflintfredflint Member Posts: 6
    I got to look at one yesterday. Very nice cockpit with outstanding build quality and overall appearance. Front seats are very supportive and luxurious. Back seat is ......not so much. I had to contort my 6'2 frame sideways to get through the door...due to very limited headroom. Once I got in, my head touched the headliner and sunroof mechanism. Anyone over 6' will have a problem with headroom in the back seat, but legroom was not nearly as cramped as I thought it might be.

The salesman could see I was having difficulty trying to get in the car. He actually told me that he was advised to show the car with the back seats folded down. .

All in all, though, this is a bold and beautiful car, albeit with a cramped back seat.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    That's exactly what I was wondering about. Somehow the pictures that I've seen made me think that the interior is not all that spacious. Thank for reporting!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • gbosilgbosil Member Posts: 88
    Sat in the ZDX yesterday in the showroom. $56,980 Sticker! Wow!!! No testers to drive yet. Very nice and looks like nothing on the road currently. My only dissapointment is in all the pre-releases it showed the lighting in the front in "LED running lights Xenon" (Sort of like the Audi) the production car does not have LED lights and looks cheap from the front. Honestly it looks like the new RDX from the front. Big dissapointment to me. To me that made the ZDX stand aprart even more from all the others. Plus if you want the bolt-on outside accessories you have to pay big $$ for them! Back seat is cramped also. :confuse:
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    not surprised it has LED running lights; everyone is going to copy Audi now; Mercedes was the first to copy now it looks like Acura is going in that direction as well
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Are you talking about the supposed LED lights for the front that were shown on the prototype vehicle? Those didn't carry over on the actual vehicle.
    Correct it DOESN' T have LED lights in the front. This was ACURA's time to shine and they screwed it up! I am very dissapointed! I will wait until the 2011 model to see if they add them and get all the bugs out of the new model.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    They were pretty cool-looking. Let's see if Acura might step up to the plate and add the LED lights. :shades: :shades:
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    my bad, I was going by what someone else on here mentioned so it sounds like the LED's didn't carry over, boo! I wish they did because I love the lights the Audi's have! so freakin cool looking!!
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Like the RDX, BEAUTIFULL car...on the outside.

But also like the RDX, a super-cluttered-up dash on the inside.

And no DFI 200HP 2.0L I4 engine....

When will they learn..??
  • jvettejvette Member Posts: 70
    I took a look at this at a dealer the other day. I still would rather have a MDX but that's me.
    I was surprised how small this thing was. Forget the back seat for passengers. The cargo space also seemed very limited when looking in from the back. I have to say it kind of looked cool but the one I looked at had a $50,000++++ price tag. Why not buy the MDX advanced tech? I think this thing will have a very limited market for Acura. I just don't know if there enough buyers for both the BMW and Acura version of this thing.
  • njvikenjvike Member Posts: 56
    The dealer let me take it home for the night. I like the looks of the vehicle but others didn't. There's not much headroom in the back either. It drove just like my 09 MDX. Since it has the same powertrain it shouldn't be a surprise.

I also have an '07 TL Type S so I didn' want to give up a sporty car to have one that drives like another SUV. I'll pass and wait until they make the TL look nice again.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is hoping to speak with anyone who has purchased or seriously considered the Acura ZDX. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, April 27, 2010.
  • oldteeoldtee Member Posts: 8
    I am surprised that there has not been more discussion and interest regarding the ZDX here. I find the exterior quite eyecatching and unlike any other vehicle I have looked at. Seems to ride nice, plenty of power, the seats are relative comfortable (especially compared to some of those GM SUV offerings!). It is the first thing I have seen rolling out of Honda/Acura that is not predictable if not bland. So what is the big problem? I suspect it is the $50k+ price tag or prehaps the tight headroom in the back seat. I will be kind about that front grill and just say that it is not my favorite feature but I just may have to reward Acura for showing a little boldness in their design. Why not?

Tom
    Looking for something that is not booooorrring!
    I concur the ZDX is not booooooooring and is very eye appealing. I drove the ZDX and have to say it's quite nice with the exception of functionality. Back seat is too tight and trunk space is very very limited. Its basically a TL AWD on steroids. I am leaning towards the RX 350 AWD. Pleanty of space and technology + functionality. As a loyal Acura owner of two cars currently the ZDX falls short of functionality. Design wise I like. It really stands out in the crowd. :confuse:
    I was going to look at the RX 350 as well but have decided not due to the ongoing turmoil at Toyota. I also do not like Toyota's approach to GPS functionality, namely inhibiting most functions when the car is rolling. Be sure to check this out if you are considering a factory installed GPS. The space in the rear is not an issue to us being empty nesters. Only our small dog will ride back there most of the time and she will not mind a bit. At this stage in our lives, we are looking for wheels with some pizazz and the ZDX has that in spades. I have bought way too many cars in my life so it really takes something remarkable to get my attention. Next I will have to go to a really big Acura dealership in northern Va. so I can see more ZDX colors and interiors. I sense that the dealers are getting aggressive in their prices due to low sales. You will probably find the same situation over at Lexus.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    I just got my ZDX two weeks ago and am loving it ~ I got it at Pohanka in Chantilly (northern VA) and they seemed to have a few in stock. After having three Lexus RXs (99, 01, 04) I went to the Acura MDX (07) and now much prefer Acura over Lexus! The GPS in Acura is a much better unit than the Lexus' be it in design or functionality. The 2010 units are all in HD with automatic traffic and weather updates!
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    If you're thinking about the Lexus RX, here's a good review of the MDX that you'd appreciate: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1004_2010_acura_mdx_test/index.html

Here's a review on the ZDX that would answer some of your comments: http://www.luxist.com/2010/05/12/luxist-drives-the-acura-zdx-replies-y-e-s/
    Congrats on your new purchase! I may be visiting Pohanka in the near future, have already checked out their website. I am not easily impressed by electronic gadgets in cars but being able to call up doppler radar while on the move really got my attention.
  • sasha34sasha34 Member Posts: 1
    I need pdf owner's manual for Acura ZDX 2010. Be mightily thankful.
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    Hey all,

I am considering leasing this unique car but a little concerned about build quality. Of course, Acura's have a good reputation, but any one-off car like this typically has some issues. Does any owner out there have any comments?

Thanks in advance.
  • drgkjedrgkje Member Posts: 21
    i would like to update the map database...what i found is that the new DVD (map update) needs to be inserted in the dvd player and that will do the update on the HDD

(that is..i don't need to find the NAV unit and replace the old dvd with the new one)

thanks

ps...so far could not find anything in the use manual
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There's probably a link on the Acura Owners page somewhere
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    Saw a reoprt on Yahoo that the ZDX has been killed off, but the Crosstour (its Honda Twin) will not be. I can't imagine why besides for the $26k difference in price. My wife decided on the Crosstour (fully loaded to the teeth, but no Nav) over the ZDX for the simple reason she got all the same at just north of $30k total. I can tell you I'm impressed with the performance part of it, but good god this thing has a blind spot the size of a clipper ship when trying to see out the back.

Odie