Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Rondo/Carens

pminaupminau Member Posts: 6
Does anyone have any good info. on what is happening to the Kia Rondo, come end of product cycle? Kia has previously said that they will be turning over their whole range by end of 2012. I am in Australia, and hoping to trade my Nissan X-Trail [sort of lower-to-ground X-Terra] on a Rondo7, as they are called here. However, if there's a new model coming in 2011, I would be happy to wait. I've put up a blog at http://www.users.on.net/~pbm/Mitsubishi_RVR/Blog/Entries/2010/1/23_Hyundai_i30_M- PV%3A_the_i-Mode_HED-5.html * to try and entice folk into sharing knowledge. The blog argues that the new Rondo may follow some design clues or dimensions of the Hyundai i30 MPV model. You can't comment on the web page [see my excuse below], but I'd love comments here.

* [ignore the Mitsu reference, and I apologise for not having a "comments" feature on the page itself: that's an indicator of my poor use of my iWeb program, or its limitations]
Tagged:

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    the Rondo's made this year(2010 model year)will be the last one's assembled and sold by Kia.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• pminaupminau Member Posts: 6
    Interesting. Was that US only or global? BTW, I've tidied up my page and lodged it here
    that that statement means global Kia Rondo's.

OK

Here's the sort of info. I go on

Kia Lineup Set to Be Overhauled by 2012
    Posted July 10 2009 08:00 AM by Joshua Duval

Kia is in the midst of a new-product blitz that started with the introduction of the 2010 Kia Borrego, and the Korean automaker has no plans to stop anytime soon.

According to Motor Trend, the Borrego will be the oldest vehicle in Kia's lineup come 2012. Several vehicles are reportedly in line for a redesign, including the Optima midsize sedan, the Rio subcompact, and the Rondo crossover. If that's not enough, the Forte nameplate may even gain a third body style (a hatchback).

Source: Motor Trend

That's been reported elsewhere too.

Now, it's obvious iluvmysephia1 that you know something that these people don't. Are you able to share that with us?
    here's another quote from the Kia website I'm getting this information from.

"There will be no 2011 Rondo, it is being replaced by the 2011 Sorento."

Here's a link to the page one of the comments is on, go in and look in the Kia Rondo thread there. I think you'll find it informative.

http://www.kia-world.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1782

hmm

And I am the same PMinAU as in that KiaWorld thread you just posted, and I am still looking for definitive sources of information that would lead you and these other two people to the conclusions you are drawing. Do you have sources in the industry? In Kia USA? Journalists?
    a 14 year old kid from Michigan who is the biggest reliable source on Kia motorcars I've ever come across. If you want to inquire of this individual on that site and ask him about future Rondo production he'll tell you straight up. If you don't then I'll ask him and also ask him about his souces for backing that information up. He's all about everything Kia. I kid you not, he's only 14 years old but he's very knowledgeable about Kia Motors.

:D

I might have known. If you are all that there is lurking on this board, I'm not going to get any sensible answers to questions, and I'll move on.

Who am I to doubt the word of a 14 yo kid from Michigan?
    bye
    shut him up. Tee-hee...it worked!

Now, time to engage our brains once again and learn, gentlemen. ;)

"Confirmed, 2010 is the last year for the Rondo. Production of the Rondo will stop in April, and its line will be converted to build the 2011 Borrego."
    posted by Greg, from the Kia World website

Why? Because Kia only has so much production space, that's why. If Rondo's aren't selling like hotcakes and Kia needs the space for something pressing that they feel will sell better they'll make the business decision to do it. Like the good businessmen they are. I don't see why that's such a mystery to anyone who questions Greg's logic here. Like I told you, he has inside sources at Kia. And we've noticed that his statements come true, too.

And he's selling Kia's, getting finder's fees for hooking people up with new Kia's from William's Kia, located near him in Manistee, MI. It's all true, no smoke and mirrors or conspiracies going on here. What would be my motivation to make up stuff to post here? Doesn't sound profitable nor does it turn me on to throw sand in people's internet faces, either.

Take a sleeping pill or pour yourself a few margarita's and relax, my fellow car-nutty Kia fan. :)

• go59go59 Member Posts: 9
    FWIW Automobile mag (March) reports both the Rondo and the Sedona will be replaced by something slightly larger than Ford's C-Max. Still 7 passenger with swing-out rear doors.

- Greg -
    And, given the C-max's size, at just under 4.5 metres, that puts it in Rondo territory. But then again the 12 year old from Michigan will no doubt know all that... LOL
    but all you would have ta do is go on that particular website and ask the child. He'll know the answer or my name is Orville Redenbacher.

• conwelpicconwelpic Member Posts: 600
    according to Kia Buzz, there is no plans to continue the model in the US market.
    just got word that according to Kia Buzz, they have no intention of discontinuing the Rondo from the Canadian market. It will be getting some changes for the 2011 model with the signature grille and the 2011 Carens has just been launched in Korea.
    there is no price changes on the MSRP for the 2012 Rondo in Canada

dealer has got the windows tinted.