Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 4Runner gas door goes cheap

2005es3302005es330 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2014 in Toyota
Why did Toyota decide to remove the remote gas door opener and left the gas door insecure? I remember that in the early days, low-end Toyota models (Tercel, Corolla, etc) didn't offer remote gas door openers inside the car but had an exterior lock on the gas door. At least, the gas door was secure even if there was no remote gas door opener for these cheap low-end Toyota cars. I am disappointed that 2010 4Runner doesn't come with either a remote gas opener or a lockable gas door. Leaving the gas door without a lock is a design flaw and is another step backwards for Toyota. Does anyone know if there is anyway to replace the insecure gas door with one with a lock?

Comments

• santiago360santiago360 Member Posts: 1
    I need to find out what it could be the best deal i can get in an 2010 4runner.
    One of the deal had offered me an SR5 4WD for 34.000 out of the door with a full package(sun roof, power seats, leather seats,etc)
    Considering im my area the taxes are 10%.
    my other question is : do any body now if Toyota is going to give any rebates(for this model) in the next Chicago Auto Show.
    Thanks for your help, Santiago.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Give 2010 Toyota 4Runner Prices Paid and Buying Experience a try.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.