Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Unknown Black Attachment on 2010 Accord

iceman12iceman12 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Honda
I just bought a 2010 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan. There's a black plastic attachment screwed into the panel underneath the steering column. It's close to where my left knee is. It has a cable that runs back into the panel. Anyone know what this thing is? Thanks.

Comments

• rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    I just checked, and there is nothing like you described on our new EX-L V6 sedan that we bought new about 10 days ago. I looked at the dash and actuallu under the dash. Nothing but smooth black plastic.

Anyone else?
  • iceman12iceman12 Member Posts: 3
    I suspect the dealer (or more likely the dealer they located my particular car from) might have installed something aftermarket. Anything I can do about this? I already took delivery of the vehicle... Even if I have it removed, there would still be 2 holes in the plastic where it was mounted.

Here's a picture of it:

• mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    Can you tell where it leads to? I wonder what else has been added.

Mrbill
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    I have owned many Hondas, and have NEVER seen anything like THAT before. Time to visit the dealer and find out what it is. Let us know what they say, please!
  • iceman12iceman12 Member Posts: 3
    I visited a service technician at another dealer. They said it's an alarm system that the dealers install to protect cars in their lots. It's apparently common practice for dealers in the area (California bay area). The system is basically useless to me, as I have no way of activating/disabling it.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I'd ask for them to remove it and repair the blemishes if any were caused by it.
This discussion has been closed.