Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buick Rainier Lights

zin0099zin0099 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Buick
every time i open my rainier's doors, the lights will not turn on automatically except sometimes, but after that we have to turn them off manually? what's wrong?

we know it's not a fuze

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    GIve Buick Rainier Electrical Problems a try.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    t0ur1ngsedant0ur1ngsedan Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to hook up lights on my 2007 Rainier running boards. Using the overhead courtesy lamps circuit to control. Board lights to come on and go off when the courtesy lights come on and go off. Problem board lights 12 v the courtesy lamps 8v.
    new lights are LEDs. Which circuit and where might it be located to tap into to provide 12v to lights and work with courtesy light circuit.
    Help.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    sandlapper1sandlapper1 Member Posts: 4
    I have the same problem on my 2004 Rainier. Went to Buick Rainier Electrical Problems and there were no comments when I searched.
  • Options
    calxncalxn Member Posts: 2
    This issues is killing me. While driving at night the lights go off and I can't turn it back on. It's extremely dangerous. I can do two things; continue to drive for about 5-10 min and it will go back on. Or pull over turn off the engine and wait about 10-15 min and start the car again. But when I drive it will go off again. This issue is intermittent it happens whenever it feels like it.

I did a few things. Unhooked my battery to reset all electrical systems. It worked for a few days and then started again. None of the fuses are blown. I turn on and off lights when i exit or lock/unlock the doors but that didnt work. I took it in and no one knows whats wrong.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Does anyone know what is wrong?

I'm incredibly frustrated about this. I hope someone can help.
  • Options
    calxncalxn Member Posts: 2
    It's a 2004 Rainier with about 220K miles on it.
  • Options
    pklostermenpklostermen Member Posts: 9

Maybe get a new car. 220k mi ?