Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Pontiac Bonnivelle GXP Pass Mirror issue

joesmith5joesmith5 Member Posts: 8
edited June 2014 in Pontiac
Everytime i put the car in reverse the pass mirror goes down. I hate this and makes it hard to back into my garage. I guess its good if your parking near a curb but i live in the sticks not the city. Does anyone know how to stop my mirror from pointing to the ground when i put it in reverse.

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    Look in owner's manual how to access the driver information center setup. ON my buick it's push the bottom two buttons for several seconds, that's reset and Eng/Metric. Then you can click your way through all kinds of settings for one driver at a time. The mirror going down to see curb for parking help is one choice in there.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• joesmith5joesmith5 Member Posts: 8
    That would be the obvious thing, that is look in the owners manual. I dont have a owners manual thus bringing me here to see anyone can help that has a bonneville
    In that case I hope what I said works the same on your car. I would expect it to work because they are essentially the same car (with a BIG difference in motor, gearing, and handling).

Here you go buddy.

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/owners-manual/pontiac/2005-Pontiac-Bonneville.- - pdf

This is a link to the owner manual for the 2005 Bonneville. The GXP manual might have a slight difference but they don't list it in the choices.

download the above .pdf to your computer and then click save to permanently save it on your computer as a .pdf just in case the original disappears from the internet. You probably already knew that, but I have a folder of .pdfs for everything from washing machine to Whirlpool dishwasher that I've found on the net.

This is the home page for that manual and note that there is no GXP manual listed.!

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/owners-manual/pontiac_owner_manuals.html

• joesmith5joesmith5 Member Posts: 8
    i wanted to reply and let you know it worked. i guess if i had a manual i could of done this but i didnt. so thanks for your help.
    edited February 2010
    Did you save the .pdf of the manual to your computer?

And thanks for letting us know that you got it worked out!

This discussion has been closed.