Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

sienna 07 air filter

pyehpyeh Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Toyota
how do get air filter cover off? it seems there are two bolts and the rear bolt looks tough to get off. any suggestions beside dealer?

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Haven't done it yet, but I'm due soon, so I hope you don't mind if I follow along...
  • Options
    tonystewarttonystewart Member Posts: 10
    I use a short socket with a screwdriver ratchet about 5 inches long, loosen both bolts, they stay in the cover, lift it enough to pluull the old filter out and slide a new one in. I change mine every oil change. :D
  • Options
    madams1madams1 Member Posts: 101
    Be careful when you change the filter. There was a guy in another Toyota forum that snapped off the intake tube when changing his air filter in his 2008 Sienna. Not sure if you can just pull the lid off enough to slide the filter out or if you have to remove the entire lid. From the pictures I saw, the intake tube was small and did not look very flexible.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Where did you see those pics? On-line somewhere?

On my Subarus they're located under the glove box, but access varies by model.
  • Options
    madams1madams1 Member Posts: 101
    There is a website named Siennachat.com. You should be able to search engine air filter and it gives you relevant posts. I believe that it was about 5 or so posts down after searching. I wonder if the tube can be taken off and put back on easily. That way you could lift the cover up a bit more without breaking off the tube.
  • Options
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.