Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Honda Odyssey Discussion

Comments

• dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    send me an email to carshopper43235 at yahoo and I will be happy to wash up the van and snap a couple of pics to send.

Re: queenv1
    I'd love to see the pictures. I was thinking of side molding myself but would prefer to see it first.Thanks
  • llama5llama5 Member Posts: 1
    My lease was up on my 2007 Honda Odyssey so I decided to buy the new 2011 Touring Honda Odyssey. I LOVE it!!!!! It rides like a dream, looks gorgeous on the inside, and I even like the new body. I got it in black, which looks super elegant and sleek. I have three kids so I wanted to drive a safe and reliable car. Honda has surpassed all my expectations. The new Odyssey ROCKS!!!!
  • sellmorehondassellmorehondas Member Posts: 62
    Not to mention safety features and fuel economy. Change can be difficult. But I would not put my family in anything less.
  • ccone1ccone1 Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2010
    Odyssey Reduce Road noise & improve mpg is mainly due to new continental ECO tire. Engine is the same as 2010.
  • klcrdklcrd Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know of any dealerships in the New Jersey Area that is selling Odyssey EX-L with RES for 32,000-34,000. Or Metropolitan New York
  • odesseyodessey Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone saw/got quote for 2011 EX-L with NAV and RES feature.

Honda 2011 Odessey spefications says it is available.

All leading car websites inform this model exists.

In NC state, most of the dealers says it is not available.

Is anyone know this model available in Virginia or Georgia?

May be in any other State
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    ***UPDATED*** 11/04/2010

LINK: http://www.realcartips.com/news/0336-hidden-rebates.shtml

2010 Honda Odyssey, Ridgeline, Civic Hybrid - $1500 :shades:
  • dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    If you are interested in seeing a pic of a Crystal Black 2011 EX with Exterior accessories- Roof Rails, Side Molding, and Splash Guards... I posted a pic of our new baby at the odyclub:

Pic of 2011 EX
  • cheerioboy26cheerioboy26 Member Posts: 412
    Picked up my Smoky Topaz Touring Elite from Faulkner, in Harrisburg PA a few weeks ago. They were great to work with and knew I was an informed internet customer - I had searched dealers from Northern Virginia into the Philly Metro area.

No trade.

MSRP $44,030 incl destination.
    Sales price $40,530, including destination

I added roof rails, and the heavy duty mats so I am sure they made some money there. But my deal only needed minimal negotiation, and was much better than what I was seeing three weeks ago when I closed the deal (Only $1000 - $1500 off MSRP offers at that time.) The total OTD was about $44K including taxes, etc.

Financed through the dealer (not Honda fin) at 2.49 for 60 mos.

I am extremely pleased, and from reading other posts looks like there is a bit of competition locally as Rahal is offering great deals as well.
  • pilotodysseypilotodyssey Member Posts: 24
    Beautiful! Thanks for posting. Just changed my mind from Silver to Black.
  • runnur6913runnur6913 Member Posts: 16
    WHAT'S THE GOING PRICE ON THE EX-L? IF ANYONE PURCHASED ONE RECENTLY, CAN YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT??? I'M IN THE MARKET TO PURCHASE ONE THIS WEEKEND AND HATE NEGOTIATING WITH THE DEALERS.

• paulgtpaulgt Member Posts: 9
    $40,530 out the door? for Touring Elite. great

This quote from dealer NC
    North Carolina 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: $41,353

Your Discounted Internet Price: $38,796

NC Sales Tax: $1,163.88

NC Tag: $70.50

Documentation: $389

TOTAL: $40,419.38

I need go up there get Touring Elite
    Thank you
  • steve337steve337 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

We picked up our 2011 EX-L today. It is a lease. No NAV or RES. MSRP was $35,230. Lease price/ sell price was $30,693.07. I also saw a post somewhere on here which listed lowest nationwide Odyssey 2011 prices for the different trim levels- best was $31,000 for EX-L. We leased at Weymouth Honda, Weymouth, MA. Not sure where you're located, but give them a call- they do ship nation wide. Deal with the Internet sales team- they were great. I also hated this process and shopped several dealers- they were very straight forward and gave best price up front. Did not continue shopping after that. Start with an internet inquiry first off their web site. Hope this helps and good luck. If you plan to lease, I'll post my deal in the Lease Discussion area soon.
  • runnur6913runnur6913 Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

Thanks for the info., I live in Los Angeles California. I've checked the internet inquiry called a few dealers, they prefer I come in to go over the numbers.
    No, the $40K number is before tax and my optional accessories, and required state fees. There were no dealer feed but 6% tax (almost $2500 for me) in PA, which not every state has so OTD isn't directly comparable IMO. My OTD was a tick over $44K.
  • rebeldukerebelduke Member Posts: 13
    I thought the 2011 Touring Elite with transportation MSRP is $43,030. That's what on the manufacturer's sticker affixed to my Elite when I purchased it.
    From the Honda website, $43,250 is the price, and including destination it is $44,030.
  • cardiackcardiack Member Posts: 12
    Considering the 2011 odyssey is wider than the 2010, has anyone had problems fitting it into their garage? I'm worried that i'll bang it into my garaged opening trying to park inside.
  • queenv1queenv1 Member Posts: 53
    It fits in fine along side my husband's Camry. But like the other fellow I can't lift my tailgate without it hitting the garage door so I don't.
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    Get some pool noodles and butterfly them, slide them over the hurricane bars that run horizontal , and hold them in place with zip ties. That'll prevent the paint from being scratched.
  • markrt06markrt06 Member Posts: 4
    If you are not happy with that new Honda Minivan, then by all means take a look at Chrysler's new pair. Thoroughly redone along with that new Pentastar V6. They are back in the game they invented.
    No problems in my garage with the width, and the tailgate opens fine too. However with the garage door and tailgate open, I can't put the garage door down because its red emergency pull cord will/may catch on the tailgate when it is open. Same as my MDX.
  • alekshevalekshev Member Posts: 5
    What is the compatable Sienna model for 2011 Odyssey EX?
  • gene00gene00 Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2010
    they prefer I come in to go over the numbers

Of course they do. They can't pressure you into a purchase over the internet. I'd cast a wider net to find some dealers who will respond with pricing via email.
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    There is a transmission shuddering vibration defect on the '05-'10 Odyssey. The problem will carry over to the '11 model (Touring & Elite 6 speed unknown at this time).

Honda issued a TSB service bulletin to perform a computer update on the transmission software. However, this does not fix the problem. The problem is defective torque converters which cost $1,000 to replace.

Please do your homework before spending $30-40k+ on this vehicle. We have an '06 that had several major mechanical problems including collapsed engine mounts, exhaust droning defect, and now the transmission shuddering.
  • rebeldukerebelduke Member Posts: 13
    My 2007 Touring had the torque converter replaced at 34,000 miles. My dealer diagnosed the problem and replaced it without question. I wasn't even aware there was a potential problem. Based on this experience, I now have a 2011 Elite and I'm very happy so far. If a problem should develop, I have no doubt my dealer (and Honda) will do what is necessary to provide a fix.
    Well for those people who hold on to their cars for a little while this is major concern.

My '06 started shuddering around 60k after the warranty expired. So, if I want a new torque converter it's on me for $1,000.

People buy Honda for reliability. Our experience has not been very good with this van. With the economy in the tank we were hoping to run this car for at least another 2-3 years.
    So do I go to my dealer and tell him that I need a new torque converter because it is defective? How am I going to make that fly? Where do I find this information to back up this claim? Thanks.
    What year is your Odyssey? I suggest making a list of your local Honda dealers and take the van to each one until one of them admits the torque converter is bad. You might even be lucky enough to find one that will call Honda for cost support. Sometimes Honda will offer to pay 1/2 of the cost or offer to pay for the material cost.

I don't have the time to run around looking for a dealership to admit the problem. Two Honda dealers in my area were not willing to help us out.
  • mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    Ha! That probably needed to be said!

There IS a known torque converter issue on the '05-'10 models. It does NOT affect every vehicle, or even a large percentage of vehicles. But it is showing up a fair amount of the time. I had the issue, too. My local dealer was more than willing to work with me on it and spent a lot of time with me driving the vehicle and taking notes. At the end of the day, I couldn't get mine to replicate so they updated the software. The first software update didn't do much. They let me know a few months later there was a new round of software updates and they installed in my car. I haven't had a problem ever since--and I still have the original torque converter.
    They also noted that this issue is considered powertrain, so its under that (longer) warranty, and that because I had documented the issue prior to the warranty expiring, Honda would give that consideration if the problem arose again post-powertrain warranty. That's about all I can ask for.

We have absolutely no idea if there will be a problem like that with the 2011. The mechanics of both the engine and the transmission are not exactly the same, though the basics are. I do wish all 2011 had's gotten the 6-speed--I think that's lame on Honda's part, especially because technical features like that are rarely decision makers for buyers (maybe some of us that hang out on edmunds, but likely not your average minivan buyer)--so it isn't like having a 6-speed is going to be enough to push somebody at an Elite that didn't already want one.

In my brief drive in a 2011, I noticed a significant difference in the standstill "launch"--it was much smoother overall--shifts were barely noticeable. This was on an EX-L with a 5-speed. The whole level of refinement was impressive, from the ride quality to the interior materials.
    I have a brand new 2011 EX. What test would indicate that the torque converter is bad. Right now I'm not having an issue as you can imagine with a brand new vehicle but I certainly would prefer to be proactive versus reactive. Where can I get my hands on those TSB? Thanks.
    Thanks for the info. I am going to assume that this problem, if it ever exists with my 2011 will be blatantly noticeable? I don't notice subtle problems very well.
    I doubt there are any TSBs on the 2011 transmission. You should be able to find the previous ones my googling it, and I believe they are all on the NHTSA website.

There are no "tests," per se. What you will notice is some issues up-or downshifting...in our vehicle, it was most notable going down a hill--there would be some rough down shifts and the van would shudder.

There's absolutely nothing that they're going to do "proactive" about it. Just be aware of it, and if you ever experience anything like that, you'll have an idea what it could be. The 2011 will have all the latest software upgrades and that would be the only thing that could be done proactively anyway.
  • sophia7sophia7 Member Posts: 2
    We currently drive the 2010 Odyssey. My husband came home yesterday with the 2011 black EX model for me to test drive. I instantly had the thought as I looked at the rear that it looked like a hearse as a previous poster also noted. My husband does not agree he loves the new design. I do think it looks "modern" as compared to my 2010. It does drives like a dream of course. Did not notice any road noise but could that be because it is new. Hugged the road nicely. Disappointed with the cheap tires. My 2010 came with Michelins. The inside is definitely different to what I am use to. I found the large display screen on the upper dash pointless on an EX model without navigation. They should have made this optional. The control nobs(a/c, radio) are located down low and smaller, kind of reminds me of the VW Routan but not as pronounced. So not as easily accessible. I do like the one touch up on the passenger window not available on my 2010. I find the side mirrors smaller. I do like the larger, wider 2nd row seats and their maneuverability and ability to fit my sons car seat. I have 5 children so the wider seats are great. I sat in the 3rd row, am 5' 9", I felt pretty comfortable with the leg room. Although the head rests were not too comfortable and did not adjust as I would have liked them too. When the head rests are fully up it creates more visibility problems out the rear for the driver. The a/c vents are in a new position they point more at your face rather than the top of your head which I didn't mind. The rear a/c controls are now behind the passenger which I did find easier to adjust, reaching across rather than behind me. I found due to the lightning bolt redesign bad blind spots at rear. My husband likes the fact it is not as tall as ours but I wonder in an accident if being higher is a better thing. I like how I sit up higher even though it may only be an inch or so.....in my 2010, I feel safer. So we have decided to keep our classy looking 2010 I do love it!
    General rule of thumb is the opposite from what you have mentioned---lower the vehicle, safer it is. Has to do with the center of gravity. You'll note that rollover rates are far higher for "taller" vehicles. Minivans are more stable than many SUV's because they are longer and wider, but being higher is not a better thing for an accident.

I agree on the screen in the EX. I don't want an Odyssey with nav either. But--in the EX-L, even without NAV, its totally different. The screen looks awesome--you can put wallpaper there, and it displays a full range of trip computer data. Its a colorful VGA display.
  • azkid2azkid2 Member Posts: 47
    Had my less than 2 year old battery replaced at my dealer and was under warranty. Was told that it would not have been f it was a 2011 as they have 3yr/36k limit now instead of unlimited miles. Interesting how some little things can get changed under our noses and we wouldn't know it for a few years.
    That sucks that you had a lemon battery because it should have lasted a lot longer than that. Shame on them for nickle and diming us. Thanks for the info because I didn't know and I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere in my brochure.
    In the Arizona desert with 100+degrees and single relative humidity, two year battery life is somewhat common.
    Those of you who switch to winter tires when the time comes do you have a second set of rims or do you just keep doing the season changeover on the one set? I found by using the same set of rims my tires would wear out faster. Today a fellow at a tire centre told me that should never be a problem is they were taken off and put on properly. Not sure if I believe that. I\m looking to buy winter tires for my new 2011 Odyssey but I'm not sure if I should get another set of rims.
    Really? Wow. I guess they should manufacture batteries based on location. Over here, in Calgary, Alberta Canada our batteries take a beating because of the cold winters but I can't remember how long my original battery on my 1995 Odyssey lasted before it had to be changed.
    There are high temperature batteries out here, but the OEM ones are not that type.
  • sophia7sophia7 Member Posts: 2
    Good point on the height verses roll over rates. I wasn't specific enough about my particular concern which is being hit by one of those huge SUVs or trucks. I live in Texas, land of the BIG trucks. We were hit by a Forerunner on the front left corner, (my husband was driving) of our 2005 Sienna and I feel like because we were up higher that saved us from a deadly situation. Having said that...my husband is now pushing for the 2011 Ody. He says he wants the car payments going towards a new model. We shall see.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    I have seprate rims for my snows - much cheaper in the long run.
    Steel or Alloy?
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Both :)

Steel on the minivan and alloy on my Accord. Need room form 8 tires in my garage, but that is a small price to pay. The alloy were only about $25 apiece more than the steel - partly because you don't need $40 worth of wheel covers.

Also when you mail order the tires with the wheels they throw in mounting and balancing, so you don't even have to pay for the initial mounting.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2010
    When will the 2011 Odyssey safety ratings be announced?

I am concerned because the 2011 Honda Pilot failed to get 5 stars in the NHTSA safety tests.

I plan to wait and see if the 2011Ody passes the IIHS and NHTSA tests with top honors.
    After the Pilot debacle, my motto is: trust but verify!
    NHTSA just changed the way they are doing ratings for the 2011 model year. Now, very, very few vehicles will get 5 star ratings. The Pilot got 4 stars, which is still very good--I would hardly call that a debacle!

You might want to note that the new 2011 Sienna has already been tested and got 4 stars as well--not 5. The 2010 and prior Odyssey of course will never be tested under the new NHTSA guidelines, but its a virtual lock that it would not have gotten 5 stars, either. Sooo...while I understand waiting, if it gets, say, 4 stars...what are going you to buy?
    I shouldn't say that very few will get 5 stars because I don't know that for a fact--but I can say that based on the few cars that have been tested so far, my guess is that very few will get 5 stars. Several cars which were previously 5-star tested have been "downgraded" to 3 and 4.

NHTSA says this: Explanation of 1990–2010 tests compared to 2011-newer tests
    Starting with 2011 models, NHTSA introduced tougher tests and rigorous new 5-Star Safety Ratings that provide more information about safety feature performance and crash avoidance technologies. Because of the more stringent tests, ratings for 2011 and newer vehicles should not be compared to ratings for 1990-2010 models.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Yes - NHTSA did make the test more rigorous. This change was required since the old test did not reflect reality.

I disagree that "very few vehicles will get 5 star ratings".

The 2011 Hyundai Sonata got a 5 star rating. In fact, even the 2011 Honda Accord managed to get an overall 5 star rating.

If the 2011 Odyssey does not get a 5 star rating, hold on to your wallet.
    You may then want to wait for the all new Nissan Quest coming out in January.
    Early reports indicate that this minivan is comparable, if not superior, to the Odyssey.