Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 350 Headlight Removal

joe273joe273 Member Posts: 4
Can someone help with how to remove a headlight from RX330. My headlight has water forming inside. I have found two bolts on top and one bolt under outside. Looks like there is a black plastic clip (maybe 2-3 inches wide) on the under side connected to the bumper. Do you have to remove the bumper? After removing the three bolts, there is still something holding the headlight. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe Evans

Comments

• wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    On my '01 you have to go through the front wheel well, unbolt the front of the liner, to remove the bolt/nut in the rear of the headlamp.
  • joe273joe273 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the guidance. I did remove the wheel well liner, and found one bolt on the bottom side of the light. However, there is still something on the bottom holding the light. Do you know if there are two bolts on the bottom? Do you need to remove the bumper? There appears to be a large clip from the light assemble connecting to the bumper. But I can't tell if this is keeping the light from coming out. Not much space to work in! Again, thanks for the response.

Joe
    I seem to remember there was more than one and one of those was quite high up and hard to get to.
    On a 2004, do you need to remove the bumper in order to remove the headlight?
    Does anyone know if you must remove the front bumper, in order to remove the headlight assembly?
    Not on the RX300.
  • ineedajobineedajob Member Posts: 12
    You have to remove the front bumper side support on the RX330. There are 3 bolts and 1 clip type support on the bumper that hold on the headlight. By the way, there is a TSB on this. If you car is under 50K miles, you most likely can get Lexus to replace the lights. This is typically a $3,000 job as they replace the headlights, ballest, and the ECU!
  • rbunch001rbunch001 Member Posts: 1
    So on an RX330, 05 i have to remove the bumper just to take my headlights off. Once i do can i take them apart and clean the lense that is completely fogged up on the inside ? Also why would lexus replace the headlights, ballest, and ECU for a lense fogging problem ? Is there a breakdown showing how to remove them ? What is a TSB ?
  • jodar96jodar96 Member Posts: 400

Lexus just came out with a recall that calls it " Good Will" They will replace your 2004-2008 defective $1480 headlights free of charge. If you have replaced them at your expense, Lexus will reimburse you. The problem with moisture in headlight is that the dripping moisture corrodes the ballast and headlight bulb goes out. Contact your local Lexus dealer for direction.