Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Honda Pilot

brn370brn370 Member Posts: 1
I here the 2011 Pilot is coming out in May 2010. Are there any changes from the 2010 Pilot?

Comments

• 2011sienaguy2011sienaguy Member Posts: 6
    No they will not. Pilot was redesigned in 2008 as 2009 so it is a 5 year cycle.
  • crucialcrucial Member Posts: 35
    Yes you are right. The 2011 Pilot will come to dealers around April 2010. They will have a new front grill (replacing the controversial grill ) minor changes to the front bumper and fog lights. Honda may do some very minor changes to the interior. But don't expect Honda will change their 2009-2010 cheap hard plastic dash.

On the side note, does anyone really notice/ test the different in noise level between the "acoustic glass" in Touring edition compare to the regular glass in LX/EX editions ? :confuse:
  • tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    Crucial, are you sure about the new grille? Have you heard or read that it will get the new 6 speed transmission? I know its not a MMC year.

Keep in mind folks Honda has gone to a 6 year generation cycle for trucks.
    edited March 2010
    Unfortunately there will not be 6 speed transmission. Honda even does some cost cutting: 2011 LX and 2WD models will not have heated outside mirrors (09-10 EX/EX-L 2WD do have) and only 4WD models have a windshield washer fluid level sensor. :mad:
  • ninenoterninenoter Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    A salesman showed me a build/delivery sheet yesterday which had about 8 2011 Pilots listed with build dates of the third week in March and delivery to his dealership before April 10th. I'm trying to decide to buy a 2010 model or wait for the 201 model. The trim level I'm looking for was on the delivery sheet.
  • flipflopperflipflopper Member Posts: 19
    BIG difference in the glass! WELL worth it!
    Wonder how many decibels those glass can knock off the NVH chart compare to the regular glass?
    edited March 2010
    Ninenoter: If you can wait, then test drive the 2011 first and make your decision. The 2010 Pilot's price has nowhere to go but down with time.
  • crv123crv123 Member Posts: 33
    Hi --

We are looking at the Pilot and are trying to decide whether to purchase either the 2010 EX-L or Touring...or whether to wait until the 2011 models come out...and then look at the new EX-L and/or Touring. Does anyone know whether or not NAV will be an option on the EX-L or whether it will remain on Touring only? Also, does anyone know what the increase in invoice will be from 2010 to 2011 on the EX-L and/or Touring? Thanks! :)
  • tellis22tellis22 Member Posts: 1
    Is there any website that we as potential buyers can browse to see this new 2011 Pilot. I am anxious to at least know ALL the definate changes that are on this vehicle. I currently own a 2004 Pilot and it has giving me nothing short of superb performance.
  • clarence10clarence10 Member Posts: 57
    If I am in the market for a pilot, and I do not care about 2010 vs 2011, what will be the ideal time to buy? Would there be an expected added bonus for waiting until late March/Early April?
    tellis22: To clear out 2010 Pilot, there will not be any official website for 2011 Pilot yet. Affair of losing sale on current models, Honda is often very tight lips about their new model changes.

clarence10:what will be the ideal time to buy?: when you get the lowest price and interest rate on the model you want. So, wait for the 2011 Pilot come out and compare price and incentives vs 2010.

Would there be an expected added bonus for waiting until late March/Early April? Of course. Price will be lower for 2010 Pilot. However, there may be less choice (color/trim/availability). With 2011 Pilot, there will be some upgrades for the same MSRP. So time is your friend in this case.

crv123: Navi will be available in EX models. 2011 Pilot price may be + <1% (~$200-$390) depend on trim vs 2010's.
  • charmagcharmag Member Posts: 4
    Do you know if the EX-L models w/ Navi will also include Bluetooth and the USB port. Those are the only things I care about on the Touring. Any idea on prices of the EX-L w/Navi?
  • btkx15btkx15 Member Posts: 3
    Went to my local Honda dealer to get a 2010 Hona Pilot. they were sold out, he said they should be getting the 2011 in early April. Can anyone else confirm?
  • crv123crv123 Member Posts: 33
    According to one of my local dealers, the 2011s should start arriving within the next few/several weeks. I've read late March - mid April...and when I recently told the dealers I had been talking to about a 2010 Pilot, that I was going to wait a few weeks until the 2011 Pilot came out, they didn't push...so I believe that the timing must be relatively accurate. I would ask the dealer who is out of the 2010s, when they expect the 2011s to arrive...just to re-confirm.
  • ninenoterninenoter Member Posts: 3
    Local dealer here in Oklahoma City received several 2011 Pilots Friday. I took a good look at them and didn't notice a bit of difference from the 2010s. Same colors, same grill, same trim levels. I took the $1500 cash back offer and went with a 2010 EX-L RES.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Its official -
    there are no changes to the 2011 Pilot except NAV is now available on EXL trim.

Those hoping for more changes will have to wait for the 2012 Pilot.
  • williams3williams3 Member Posts: 5
    There are a few changes for 2011 Pilot ...
    1) For Touring only, Diamond White Pearl color is now available (different from Taffeta White)
    2) EX-L will be available with Navi as noted earlier
    3) Touring will no longer offer a Navi only option, you will have to get both RES and Navi

That's all the changes I'm aware of.
  • nanoguynanoguy Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    I purchased 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD today.

$30,900 + TTL + fees = $34,500 OTD. :)
  • mermaid1mermaid1 Member Posts: 4
    The start price of $30,900 was really good. However, you seem to have an excessive amount of fees. I was quote $31,900 + TTL for a 2011 and $30,900 + TTL for a 2010. I believe that I'll go with the 2010 because the 2011 doesn't offer any cashback and finance incentives, while the 2010 does.
  • slailorslailor Member Posts: 5
    Did the $31,900 include the documentation fee?
    Thanks!
  • mermaid1mermaid1 Member Posts: 4
    No, Doc fee is 395
  • chesterschesters Member Posts: 7
    I noticed a USB port in the 2011 EX-L w/Nav during a test drive. Not sure about Bluetooth.
  • mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    I have a question on the operation of the front and rear seat system. I understand that the kids in the back can listen to one audio/video source independent of the front passengers. My question is can this be done without the front system being on. I have not been able to find the correct key combinations, so I have the radio on with no sound while the kids watch listen to video. Can anyone tellme the key....the owners manual is not helpful.
  • ksm01ksm01 Member Posts: 4
    where did you purchase this ? that's phenomenal offer. please let me know, thanks in advance.
    The two vents located at the top of the center console (for second row passengers) of my new 2011 Touring never blow air, regardless of what I have tried &#150; changing mode to &#147;top only&#148;, &#147;bottom only&#148;, &#147;auto&#148;. Air always comes out from the bottom of the center console. Is there anything I missed or could this be a defect?
  • thinking3thinking3 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone known if honda improved its brake for 2011 pilot. It was said the 2010 version had a long braking distance of 150 feet from 60mph to 0mph.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    I had the same "issue" with my MDX when I first bought it. Are you adjusting just the rear controls? You have to monkey w/ the "dual" and "rear" buttons in the front seat console to adjust the rears.
  • oldoigoldoig Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2011 Pilot on 4/7, steering wheel and brakes, all works pretty good. You have it, you will like it.
  • jplymanjplyman Member Posts: 90
    What a week - Learned Saturday that my father-in-law wanted to buy our expedition and made an offer we couldn't refuse. So it was time to buy a new SUV for the wife. She really liked the pilot and I love my '06 ridgeline so we zeroed in out the pilot and I started doing a bunch of research. First off I'm not sure why Edmunds shows no love to the Pilot. I/We looked at all of the main competitors and here is that result.

1. Ford Flex - my 8 year summed it up when I asked him about this car - No thank you - due to the unique styling we never spent any time with it.
    2. Hyundai Veracruz - same price as a Honda Pilot and the reviews were so-so on this car.
    3. GMC/GM/Buick - You want leather with that - that will be 40,000 and also have a personal problem with Government Motors..
    4. Mazda CX-9 Touring - Great price, 0% Financing and keyless entry/start and power lift gate - those where the positives that we got. The car was much smaller than the pilot . We have a 8 year and 9 month - in the pilot my wife was able to sit between the two them and was comfortable - the CX-9 is much more narrow and would have made our 8 year have to travel in the 3rd row. Also, the passenger front seat could not go up or down which is needed for taller passengers. I felt like I was sitting way high (I'm 6'1 with a long torso). Driver seat was very comfortable. The CX-9 is sexy but not as practical for a family.
    5. Toyota Highland - saw a great detailed review on the site comparing the two and personally think that Toyota has some of the sleaziest sales people. Based on the review posted here, the problems that Toyota is facing and the fact that it is basically the same width as a CX-9 we decided not to test drive.

Why we chose the pilot -
    1. It is a Honda and reputation means something
    2. Car and Driver had a great update on there long term test of the Honda Pilot - 40,000 high marks. I put a lot of stock in to those types of test/reviews vs. just a couple of hour reviews.
    3. Consumer reports and most other were in love with the Pilot
    4. It is very roomy inside and very comfortable
    5. Rides very nice
    6. My wife really liked it (so did my son)
    Brought it in to the dealership and told that the "mode" control was damaged during the production. They have ordered the part and will replace it. Wonder how this passed the quality control.
  • nklatskynklatsky Member Posts: 2
    I just completed a frustrating month trying to get a 2010 Pilot with the low financing rate, to find out there are no more 2010's available. Has anyone heard of the low financing becoming available? Any thoughts if Honda might do this again for this model?
  • mybuymybuy Member Posts: 42
    When I was looking at the end of March, I couldn't find a 2010 either - they kept disappearing as soon as one was found. I finally found out that Honda was offering the incentives for 2011s when a dealership ran out of 2010s. I was able to lease a 2011 from a dealer who was out of 2010s. You might ask the question about incentives on 2011s. Good luck.
    I searched most of the country East of the Mississippi and only found Dallas to have a large qty of 2010's. The one I found an hour away the guy was not dealing at all wanted me to pay the more than what I paid for my 2011.

I purchased a 2011 last week EX-L my price was 31,600 plus tax for a total of 33,800 out the door. I was able to get a 3.29% interest rate from the dealership. The key to getting a good rate is to have one line up outside - I let them know that I had a 4.19% from my bank USAA.

Good luck - my wife tells me it is a great car... :-(
  • nklatskynklatsky Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback....I always hate the car buying process...It always seems that whatever car I want , the dealer claims to never make any money off of it/me...is giving it away...etc....such BS....it drives me nuts! I know that on some level they know that I know they are full of it...but I want the car....I know I have to bring a friend along who is not emotional about the purchase..and can tell me to walk away..Wall street...and car dealers...the worst.
    Trying going through the internet department and if you have a car buying service available to you us that - it will put you touch with someone who is use to dealing via email and phone. I did my entire deal over the phone and it took me about 45 mins between two dealers to get my deal. Also, use the price that I got as a starting point.

Good luck
  • swoosh2swoosh2 Member Posts: 2
    what was the sticker price on this Pilot? I live in NY and this same vehicle has a sticker price of $36,305
  • swoosh2swoosh2 Member Posts: 2
    What was the sticker price on the 2011 Pilot you purchased? What is the Dealers Name and Phone Number? I plan on picking up a 2011 Pilot EXL on Friday. Those plans could change if I can get the same deal as you

Thank you in advance
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Check the Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion too.

But no phone numbers please - they change and we wind up getting complaints. You can use the dealer web site for current contact info.
  • country12345country12345 Member Posts: 4
    New to the forum... Going to buy a 2011 EX-L. Trying to decide if navigation is worth it? Does the usb come standard on the EX-L or do you have to get the navigation package? Is the navigation worth an extra 2,000?

More important question... dealer quote around 33,300 with navigation. Probably can get him down another couple hundred. Out the door with everything... around 35,500. Good deal?
  • jammin6jammin6 Member Posts: 1
    Got a quote of $36,800 for the Pilot Touring... Wondering if this is a good deal or not. I have been checking around, but the dealer seems to be slowly creeping up their prices and I am starting to get so annoyed that we are about to walk away. Anyone have any suggestions, comments? Also, they had to put an order in for our car... we put a deposit down last weekend, and supposedly they were going to start looking today. Although we were told they would have it yesterday...

Thanks for your help
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2010
    Check in the Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion too.
  • txpackersfantxpackersfan Member Posts: 27
    I've been in the market for a new SUV for several months and have looked at nearly every 7 - 8 passenger SUV on the market that's less than $50k. I have only owned Honda products for the past 15 years. I currently own an Accord so I saved the Pilot for last expecting it to be the best. I remember looking at the Pilot several years ago and wanting one, but couldn't justify it at the time. When I finally got a chance to look at the 2011 Pilot I was very disappointed. It seems like Honda is starting to follow GM; i.e. great looking exteriors, but cheap interiors. I was surprised at how cheap the interior felt. The leather seats were not comfortable. The dash was overly cluttered. I was also hoping for much better towing capability.

After all my looking, here's my quick summary.
    1. Pilot - just not up to my Honda expectations.
    2. MDX - very comfortable. Amazing that it's the twin to the Pilot. In the end though it's too much of a Mommy vehicle.
    3. Tahoe/Yukon - the worst third row seating I have ever seen. And what's with the exposed wires under the front seats?
    4. Sequoia - by far the best, but no incentives to sell even though Toyota keeps taking a beating.
    5. Buick/Chevy/GMC crossovers - again just another Mommy car like the MDX.
    6. Ford/Lincoln SUVs - one word "No" just because it's a Ford.

So in the end I guess I get to save my money which isn't a bad thing. I plan on paying cash anyway so I can just keep it invested until something finally comes out that I can justify spending my money on.
  • laurieinalaskalaurieinalaska Member Posts: 3
    I pretty much have the same question as 'country12345.'
    After much research I have decided I like the Pilot.
    I live in Alaska where the navigation does not work. Honda won't even allow sales of a car with Nav here. So, I am searching the net for dealers in Washington state.
    I am interested in the navigation for a couple of reasons. One of them being the USB port/larger stereo system. The other is I plan a lower-48 road trip and NEED some sort of navigation.
    Is the Honda navigation system adequate? I have read a couple of comments that say it works really badly. Can anyone say good things about it? Would I be paying 2k extra for a USB port and having to buy a supplemental Nav system?

I was told yesterday by a Seattle area dealer that vehs with Nav are unavailable right now and it would take about 10 weeks for another supply. Has anyone else in the pacific northwest encountered this?
    Appreciate any feedback.
  • ask420ask420 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Laurienalaska,

We live near seattle area too and we have finalized the 2011 honda pilot, 4dr, w navigation, paperwork done on saturday and got a call today from the dealer that everything was approved. So will pick up the pilot may be tomorrow.
    Will let you know once we get the vehicle, regarding the navigation.

When we wanted 2011 pilot with navi our local dealer didn't have it either...so they ordered it from somewhere near the seattle area.

How much are they quoting for the vehicle??

I wanted particular color so the agent said that they don't have the color i am loooking for anywhere within state or elsewhere and if we wanted that particular color we had to wait for 2-3 months. Hence going with our second option.
  • laurieinalaskalaurieinalaska Member Posts: 3
    Hiya~

How are you enjoying your Pilot? Anything of interest to report on the navigation system?
    I have not even gotten to the 'price quote' step yet.
    Thanks,
    Laurie
  • azlib62azlib62 Member Posts: 3
    We've had our 2011 Pilot Touring 2wd for almost 3 months now. Overall I like the car, but it's for my wife who drives *a lot* going around town for her appointments. She previously had a Ford Windstar. Going to a Pilot is a big difference in the seats, she does not find them comfortable. Nav works good, no complaints here in AZ. Interior we're finding has some cheap plastic parts. One hook for the built-in sun shade for back doors has broken off. Tailgate handle is put on with plastic clips, one time opening it in our garage it got caught in the open garage door, getting it free the handle pulled off, plastic broke and $150 to fix. My other complaint is front wheel drive, if turning and accelerating does not feel stable at all, not a good feeling. So some dissatisfaction, but I still think it's better than other cars in the same class, with V6.
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    I was getting excited about possibly getting a Pilot to replace my troublesome GMC Acadia. Then I started doing research and it looks like in order to get memory seats I have to get Touring package that includes navigation and DVD RES. I don't mind nav - was probably going to get that anyway, but my wife has a real problem with TV in the car (nor do I want to pay for it) so DVD RES looks like a deal-breaker. I guess I'm too late to the party as I understand DVD was an option on 2010 Touring. Too bad 2010s are gone. Looks like I'll be taking a look at the new Explorer in a couple months.

I'm amazed at how many manufacturers force you into a fully loaded model with DVD entertainment in order to get memory seats. Armada and Sequoia - same story.
  • dcoffindcoffin Member Posts: 3
    EX-L with built in NAV might be nice but how quickly will technology changes be? Will built-in NAV stay up to date compared to relatively inexpensive NAV products sold seperately like Garmin, TomTom and Magellan?
  • rokrok Member Posts: 2
    we couldn't be happier w/ our new pilot! we decided to trade in our '08 acadia and thought about another one, but too many negative reviews and mentions of lemon laws. i ended up researching just about every vehicle in the suv 7 + passenger class. chev / gmc / buick too pricey, not to mention the quality issues. madza cx9 was smaller than pilot and seats were not comfortable for us. hyundai had terrible road noise. volvo was really plain and terrible design to fold the rear seats, as you could not do it from the back of the vehicle. after all our looking, we seriously considered the pilot and were pleased with the price, especially compared to the chevy traverse, the main competition. i was amazed that i was able to buy the pilot for $4k less. it drives great and is so quiet. we love all the storage space and the kids the window shades. bluetooth and voice controls are really cool. hard to believe we got the build quality and reputation of a honda for less than chevy and most others. consider us happy to be honda owners!