Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Crosstour Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
Tell us what you paid!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• bpdmtbpdmt Member Posts: 2
    WE BOUGHT OUR 2010 CROSSTOUR 2WD E.X. A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO FROM A NORTHERN CALIFORNIA HONDA DEALERSHIP. THE MSRP+DESTINATION CHARGE+PRO PAC OPTION = $31455. OUR NEGOTIATED PRICE WAS $26877 (INCLUDED DESTINATION CHARGE AND THE PRO-PAC OPTION). AFTER ADDING THE DMV DOCUMENT FEES, LICENSE FEE, AND TAX, THE OTD PRICE WAS $29855 WITHOUT FINANCING...WE TRADED IN OUR USED CAR AND PAID THE DIFFERENCE IN CASH. ALL AND ALL, WE GOT THE CAR FOR $4578 OFF OF THE MSRP+DESTINATION CHARGE+PRO PAC OPTION. VERY CURIOUS TO KNOW IF THIS WAS A GOOD NEGOTIATED PRICE??? ALL POINTS ASIDE, WE LOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE THIS CAR......WELL, THE VIEW OUT BACK COULD BE IMPROVED IS THE ONLY CON SO FAR.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Looks like there is 0.9% APR on this vehicle already. Let's see what else Honda can throw on top to make these move.

I would gladly take one of the AWD units off their hands, but not for $30,000+!!!
  • buynotbuybuynotbuy Member Posts: 1
    Based upon our negotiations in Cincinnati, you got a fantastic deal! We're looking at AWD with Nav and they won't budge hardly off MSRP. They can cram it where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.
  • bpdmtbpdmt Member Posts: 2
    with the model 4wd that you want and the nav system, my dealer will discount around $5000 off msrp. i asked for the discounted prices on all of the crosstour models while i was there waiting for the car to be washed and delivered. the average discount around northern california that i see is around $3500 off msrp. wonder how long ago was your visit to your honda dealership? they might be changing/discounting their price as we speak...since its march and march is the end of the 1st quarter where dealers have to meet a certain quota on sold cars.
  • suavesirsuavesir Member Posts: 7
    Currently a discount of about $3,500 off msrp seems to be about what I finding in looking last weekend for 4WD EX-L w/out navi in midwest. Most were starting around $2,700 - $3,000 of msrp.
  • ctgs300ctgs300 Member Posts: 2
    Used the Costco website to locate a Honda dealer in CT for a Crosstour EXL 6cyl w/Nav and they came back with $4,900 off of MSRP. Tried to trade in my 08 Highlander Hybrid and they would not come close to NADA blue book and actually offered $4,000 less than trade in value.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Since there is nowhere near a 4900.00 markup in a Crosstour it looks like they were trying to make it up on your trade.

Now, see if they will still take 4900.00 off the MSRP and sell the Toyota yourself.

Don't think so...
  • ichor0416ichor0416 Member Posts: 10
    Selling the used car yourself is not a tax smart way to do it. You would then have to pay full tax on the new car purchase price.
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    ichor, For sales tax purposes, in my state-Arkansas-you can still deduct the sale price of your old car if you sell it privately and if you sell it within 60? days of when you bought the new car.
  • ichor0416ichor0416 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks, that's good information.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Used the Costco website to locate a Honda dealer in CT for a Crosstour EXL 6cyl w/Nav and they came back with $4,900 off of MSRP. Tried to trade in my 08 Highlander Hybrid and they would not come close to NADA blue book and actually offered $4,000 less than trade in value.

Problem is that people who are looking to buy a new Highlander, will not be looking at 2 year old used one. People who are looking to buy a used Highlander, will not be looking at a 2 year old, since the cost is still too close to the new.

Selling a 2 year old Highlander may take a while....
  • mvs828mvs828 Member Posts: 2
    Just got quoted on a 2WD EX-L, Nav, Mud guards and roof wind deflectors for $28,995.00 includes destination. (MSRP $35704) The quote was from South Shore Honda in NY. Guess thats not bad , $6,700 off MSRP. Prices must be coming down.
  • alan338alan338 Member Posts: 5
    Your quote from South Shore Honda seems to be a wishful thinking for me. I went to a local Honda dealership in central NJ to look at the car last week. The salesman told me the only incentive was 0.9% or 1.9% financing and car would be sold at close to MSRP for the 2WD or AWD with navigation. The financing incentive expires on 5/3/10.

I looked at the AWD without navi in the showroom and it looked nice. However, when I sat on the driver seat I was not happy because the rear view thru the rear windshield was blocked as much as 50% (my estimate) with the 3 rear headrests up. The salesman immediately lowered the read middle headrest and the view improved somewhat. I walked out without test driving the car. Earlier this evening I saw another posting saying the visibility problem was not as bad as it was first feared, especially with the help of a back up camera.

After seeing your posting, I emailed to South Shore Honda to request a quote on both models: 2WD with navi and AWD with navi. If the price is as attractive as what was quoted to you, I might trade in my 2005 Mercury Montego AWD premier for this car.
    It does not appear there are too many people interested in buying or test driving this vehicle. Is it because of its look, price, visibility issue or other features that turn the potential buyers away?

I sent an email to South Shore Honda in NY requesting a quote two days ago and I have yet to receive any response from them. It is very unusual for a dealership to do that. I have no idea on the market condition of this Crosstour. Are they all sold out?

Anyway, I am still interested in this vehicle. Would anyone be kind enough to share his/her shopping experience with us? Any news on this car is welcome.
  • ewysockiewysocki Member Posts: 14
    Hi everyone, I live in Arizona and the car I was originally negotiating on was a Red front wheel drive with Nav. The wife did not like the red and wanted the white one on the lot with the tan leather interior. That one was AWD with no NAV, MSRP was 36585 negotiated price was 32500. So not a bad deal, most likely could have done better but it was already a long day. Hope this helps...............
  • jjj15jjj15 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    I'm in midwest. So far the best price I got is $31500. I guess I may go a few hundreds $ further. Is this good deal? Thanks.
    Your info is helpful; however, I am not sure the $36585 MSRP for AWD-L without Navigation is the right one. I looked up the MSRP and it is $34730 which is more than $1800 lowered than your quote.

Posting #17's price ($31,500) seems a more attractive deal. Is there anybody who purchased one AWD-L with Navigation for less than $34,000 plus tax and tag? Thanks.
  • miked22miked22 Member Posts: 20
    My local dealer told me the 2wd ex-L with nav does not exist?? Does honda ever offer any cash rebate?. It seems to be fairly easy to get $4000 off without trying.
  • evan1229evan1229 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know if Honda is offering any incentives on this vehicle? Any ideas of changes coming to the 2011?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi evan1229. Honda is currently offering incentives on the 2011 Accord Crosstour. Specifically, it has the lowest finance rate that it has ever offered, 0.9% for up to 5 years, or a special lease program on this model right now.

Honda is not currently providing any dealer cash on the Crosstour, but I assume that it will offer some eventually.

Given the fact that this model was brand new for the 2010 model year, I don't expect Honda to make any significant changes to the 2011 version of it, but I haven't looked into the matter.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    If Honda does go to an incentive on the Crosstour, the 0.9% financing will go away.

They won't do both!
  • effexeffex Member Posts: 3
    Was quoted at $31,300 Out the door on a EX-L Xtour w/out Nav. This is including a trade-in that I was appraised for at $3000. The car I am trying to trade in is worth far more than at @ $5,350 (Dealer Trade In) but I would have settled for $4,500.

Because of the lowball appraisal, I didn't budge from a Out-the-door price of $30,500. The mngr said he would call me on Monday.

What do you guys think, Is this a far negotiation so far? I don't think I am lowballing at all, but If I am, how much would you guys step up to?
    You probably have a trade in that they don't want. What is it?

Thjey won't pay you more than they can get for it at auction or from a wholesaler.

You can always sell it yourself!
  • effexeffex Member Posts: 3
    It's a 2001 Audi A6 2.7t quattro. Fully loaded. 86700 miles. Clean title, No accidents, no mechanical issues. Some wear and tear but nothing abnormal for a 9 year old car.

KBB quotes it at $5,350. I would have settled for $4,500. I think it's a near steal for this car in it's better-than-decent condition.
    That's the problem.

I'm sure it's a nice car but people fear Audi's that are getting into the higher miles even though for the year that's not a lot of miles.

As Audi's age they get troublesome and expensive to fix and people shy away from them. I would try to sell it on your own.
  • w_byrnesw_byrnes Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2010
    It is a new crosstour, black on black, purchased from Hondaland in Tampa, FL on Labor day. Selling price is $27,911 that includes destination, mud guard, wheel lock, truck liner, and pin stripes but not TTL and $600 dealer processing fees. With this price, I could not get the .9%/60mos financing. Instead, I was offered 3.0%/60 mos financing by Honda Financing, which was not too bad. Overall, it was not a bad buying experience. The salesperson is very nice and knowledgeable too.
  • wardwwardw Member Posts: 10
    I bought a 2010 Crosstour EX from Tampa Honda Land during the $1,200 Cash To Dealer promotion (I believe it has now ended). I paid $26,263 plus $600 in dealer fees. I thought that the price was about right.
  • logitraxlogitrax Member Posts: 98
    edited October 2010
    I got myself an EX in August and then negotiated a deal for an EXL for my mother-in-law in September. The EX was $26,000 and the EXL was $28,559 - both include the destination charges.
  • kdyrt49kdyrt49 Member Posts: 1
    Seems like a great buy!
  • foryourinfoforyourinfo Member Posts: 1
    i just got my cross tour ex-l.

Price paid = $347/ per month (this includes tax).
    Downpayment - $1,300.

Seems like buying may have been a slightly better option, as the quoted selling price was $28,512 if I bought.

He used a price of ~$29,500 to calculate lease payment because he said he didn't get some rebate or incentive with the lease.

All in all, I feel the deal was reasonable although I probably could have received a little more.

Thanks everyone for your posts and please state any actual leasing deals if you closed a deal. It's good for the consumers!
  • jamcam321jamcam321 Member Posts: 2
    I'm thinking about buying either a new Crosstour EX-L 4WD or a 2010 Crosstour EX-L 4WD w/Navi. My decision is going to come down to price, if I can get into a new one for $30k or less, I'll be a happy camper. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • argusarmsargusarms Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Leased for $323 (including tax) 36 months, 12,000 miles a year. First payment due at signing. No money down. Sheehy Honda in Alexandria, VA.
  • kathypmostkathypmost Member Posts: 2
    I'm hoping to lease a crosstour this month, 4WD EX-L w Nav, 36 month lease 10,000miles/yr in New Jersey. Ideally I'd like to pay $300/month with nothing down, do you think this is possible? Are there any deals this month?
  • blytonblyton Member Posts: 5
    Brand New 2010 Crosstour EX-L Alloy Wheels
    Out the door price----27,800 nothing down...
    we feel like we got the deal of the century...are we missing something?
  • simplyjsimplyj Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2011
    Depends on what trim you got, FYI all the Crosstours have alloy wheels. Sounds like you got a good deal, not exactly the steal of the century though.
  • blytonblyton Member Posts: 5
    EX-L...everything except NAv. All leather, 18" Alloy wheels, moonroof, etc. I think literally everything except nav/back up camera. Sticker 34,800
    our price 27,800...ah come on, tell me we got a good deal......:)
  • kathypmostkathypmost Member Posts: 2
    what state doyou live in?
  • simplyjsimplyj Member Posts: 15
    2WD or 4WD? If it was the 4WD drive then $27K OTD is truly a steal, even if it is a 2010. :)

I was given a OTD quote of $35300 OTD for the 2011 EX-L 4WD with Navi. Still mulling it but may make a decision soon.

Congrats on your purchase!
  • kingrkingr Member Posts: 62
    What State, Dealership did you get your Crosstour from, Just did a quick check in my area and was surprised to see so many 2010's available. Maybe that's why so much off MSRP?
    I'm in upstate NY.

Thanks
  • njalannjalan Member Posts: 70
    Hi all,
    Looking for a 2011 Crosstour AWD with Navi in central NJ. Please advise the best price in NJ/NY/PA. Are there any incentives or rebates out there? Greatly appreciate your help.
    Alan
  • imm3imm3 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for 2011 Honda CrossTour EX-L near Fairfax, VA.

Got any good deal??
  • striper72striper72 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man, do you have the June numbers on the Accord Cross Tour EX-L w/out Nav 15,000 miles/36 months? Thanks
  • njalannjalan Member Posts: 70
    Just purchased a 2011 Crosstour AWD with Navi today from a Honda dealership in central NJ and would like to share the info so that the interested parties can take advantage of the low price and low financing options.

Crosstour AWD with Navi, Silver with Black Interior
    MSRP: 37350
    Negotiaged price: 32998.59 including $810 destination fee
    NJ sales tax: 2309.90
    MV tire tax: 7.50
    Doc Fee: 279
    Total Out the Door Price: 35993.99
    $3000 down and financing balance for 5 years @ 0.9% thru Honda.
    Monthly payment: $542+ for 60 months

Sales staff and the manager were nice and friendly. The 0.9% financing ends Tuesday 7/5/11.

Happy 4th of July!
  • vipers1973vipers1973 Member Posts: 3
    I'm currently looking at a 2010 EXL with 22 miles without Navigation. I was quoted $26,500. Is this a good deal? Is there any "hidden" incentives from Honda on the 2010 to get them sold I don't know about?
  • littlemamamialittlemamamia Member Posts: 2
    So i went to the honda dealership in edison, nj today and got pricing for a white 36 month/ 12k 2011 Crosstour EX-L AWD w/ nav and these were the numbers i got which seem incredibly high. Id like to know what consumers who leased the same car paid or what numbers i should be pushing for ( i.e what points i should be bringing up on why the cost should be lower). They actually told me they would be losing $950 with these numbers.

*$0 down
    *$1,561 in fees (including acquisition) upfront
    *$488/month

I am in the NJ/NYC area, but im not sure if that makes a difference. Please help!
  • mizzelliemizzellie Member Posts: 1
    North Alabama

2011 Crosstour EX-L 4WD (no Navi)
    $29,584

Also took advantage of the current 0.9% financing (36 mo) through Honda.

I used the USAA Car Buying Service to get me "certified" pricing from 2 dealers (but not the local one).

Long story, but the short of it is that my local Honda dealer matched the certified price, even though he wasn't one of the USAA participants. I was very happy with that.

Was also happy I did my research on the car and esp. on Edmunds car-buying tips - love the "Confessions of..." series!

Love the car, however, the only CON is the backing-up visibility. The auto-tilt on the driver-side mirror doesn't do much for me either.
  • kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    What kind of discount can one expect on a 4 wheel drive EXL unit? About 10% off of sticker?
  • kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    I guess that the fact nobody has replied to my original posting that the crosstour is a dead vehicle and should be crossed off my short list. I was nervous about it to begin with as it seems dated and perhaps subject to discontinuation by Honda. My Wife current is in a Honda Accord but I am getting cold feet there as it seems very long in the tooth and the dash / electronics are dated and old. The Toyota Camry in 2012 has that new Entune and seems to be a advanced technology vehicle.

sorry to rant but I guess Honda's better days are behind and not ahead at least for 2012.
  • rasmaxwellrasmaxwell Member Posts: 6
    Like most Toyotas, the Camry will likely be reliable - although not as reliable as those built 5 years ago. There has been deep cost cutting on all Toyotas. None are worth the asking price given the low ball materials. Check out the extensive use of thin plastic facias for most of the rear of the car and the front. Also, if you get Nav on a Camry forget about reading it in sunlight. Also, look at Consumer reports to see which automaker makes the most reliable cars across all models - it isn't Toyota.
  • moodawgmoodawg Member Posts: 2
    That's the deal I got here in Austin, TX, combined with 60-month 1.9% Financing. Not a crazy deal, but I feel like I got a great vehicle for a pretty good price. Surprisingly luxurious yet sporty ride for a 4-door sedan. Great 4-cyl performance and extended hatchback space, combined with the best exterior on the market (in my opinion). I got black on black, and now I have to beat the women away with a stick, which is somewhat of a problem given I've been married for 10 years with 2 kids.