Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC60 Lights

smjtysmjty Member Posts: 1
Thanks in advance for the advice. The right rear tail light lense is broken on our 2010 XC 60. Fully operational but unfortuately a baseball size hole in the lense. No other damage thankfully. Based on what I can see of the Volvo parts inventory list on-line, the entire light assembly must be replaced in order to replace the lense. I am hoping it is a plug in unit and that I can replace it myself. The method of holding the assembly in place is not open and obvious other than a clip that appears under one of the hatch door rubber stops. Has anyone seen a manual on this or are you otherwise familiar with whether this is a DIY project or one for the dealer. I appreciate the help.

Comments

• sjsmsjsm Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2011.5 xc 60. The rear fog light does not lit up when I press the rear fog light button. The left one is working fine. Volvo did this purposely for safety reason according to my sales man. Volvo doesn't want other drivers (behind my car) to think that they are break lights.

Instead of red cover, Volvo should change to a clear cover like other car makers did, then problem solved. With only the left one on, not only it does not look good but also the police may give me a fix-it ticket.

Does anyone know how to fix it (re-wire or fuse, connection...) in order to turn on the left for light?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Rear fogs are always just one light... Every euro model I've seen is this way (for precisely the reason your salesman stated).

You can't "fix it"... it's working properly.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sjsmsjsm Member Posts: 8
    kyfdx:

Thanks for your reply. This is my first Euro car (always have Japanese cars) so I don't know that until now. I will take a look of my sister's BMW and Mercedes in order to satisfy my curiosity.
    edited March 2011
    I was following an Audi A6 on my commute, just yesterday morning.. He had his rear fog light illuminated. It is disconcerting to just see the one light, I know...

I don't think BMWs come with rear fog lights... Audi, Volvo and Saab for sure.... don't know about Mercedes..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cdudecdude Member Posts: 10
    Thinking of getting XC 60 with bi xenon lights , wanted to find out if bi xenon emit white light or regular yellow light . Dealer didnot had a XC 60 with xenon stocks so I couldn't really test the car with bi xenon.
    Bi-xenons are HID lights... bluish-white... definitely not yellow.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cdudecdude Member Posts: 10
    Good thats why I wanted to check as I prefer bluish white compared to yellow which are standard on xc 60. Can anyone post their pics..