Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M37 M56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
Share your deal here!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• bahunkusbahunkus Member Posts: 10
    Awesome upgrade from '10. 20" rims, Upgraded everything in and out. The seats were the most comfortable that I've ever experienced in a car. Almost as nice as my leather La-z-boy! The acceleration was rocket-like. It was first time for salesman in a new M also and he punched it. We hit 90 in about a block behind the dealership. Crazy fun!

Didn't pull trigger on deal because dealer wanted full MSRP of $67,200+. No loyalty discount, special finance rates....nada.

Anyone here do a deal on the '11 M? Just too early for me. I don't do emotional buys...waiting for the smoke to settle. I figure nice discounts late April early May.

Anyone else drive one yet? Share your thoughts. Thanks!
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited March 2010
    Give the dealers about 30 days to load up their lot with M's and get rid of any left over 2010's. The M37 has serious competition and they will once again fight for your dollars....if you are still in the market.

In the meantime, take the 30 days to drive the Mercedes e350/e320, the Jaguar XF or XF Plus, the BMW 5xx...., hop in a Porsche Cayman just for the raw fun of it and while you're there, the Audi A5/6's....and then give the Cadillac CTS a shot. You might just not want to go back to the Infinity dealer at all.

Of course if you're considering the M56, you get to test drive the jag supercharged XF, the real grown up lexus, I'm sure you can find some other BMW's to try :)
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    edited March 2010
    I'm sure the discounting will begin faster than most think. The 2010 Ms are just about gone, and of course the economy still stinks. It's not going to be long. I've already heard about $500 over invoice for a dealership in Georgia.
    GH---After my M drive, I hopped across the street and test drove the '10 Lexus LS. Of course, totally different car and ride, but I've been a Lexus guy since 96 and really like the quiet, less high profile ride. 380 hp is more than enough for my tastes and the Levinson sound system blows away Infiniti and any others. But the '11 M makes the LS interior look about 20 years old. But, don't know if Infiniti can lure me away from Lexus.

Still, there's something about the '11 M that's tugging at me. Prefer it to the Lexus GS. I wish I could find a combo of M and LS. Luxury and sporty, but smooth ride. Does this exist? Salesman showed me Lexus LS sport but it didn't grab me.

I;m curious, which of the cars that you mentioned do you like best? Thanks for the ideas. Makes me think.
  • duncanp1duncanp1 Member Posts: 3
    Looks like Atlanta, GA pricing for new M is $500 over invoice at Guinett Infiniti (Costco Buying Program) and invoice at Nalley Infiniti (American Express Buying Program); not sure if they will waive doc fees ($500+).

So, great discounts already and let the games begin; great car, but the depreciation is steep, so invoice buy is pretty important. Hope they will be able to offer rebates for cash buyers in lieu of the loan/lease discounts.

I like what I'm hearing about the new 5 series, but can't deal with the unreliability or poor crash safety of the last gen; and I'm not confident the new one will be that much better on those accounts.

Thanks Infiniti, for giving us a great alternative. Hope you sell a lot of them.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Wander down to the Jaguar dealer....I know, TaTa and all that..,,but it's quite a car.
  • blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2010
    I completely agree with you, @bahunkus. A combination of the LS460's completely quiet cabin and supremely comfortable seat with the M56's oomph and styling would be my ideal car. Driving the LS460 is like floating on a quiet cloud, even on pavement that causes so much annoying road noise in the M45 (but is somewhat mitigated on the M56 with the Bose noise-cancellation).

What made my decision was the almost $15,000 price difference! I just can't justify spending over $75k on a loaded LS460 when I can get a fully-loaded M56 (w/out Sport pkg) for $60k (before taxes, etc.)

Add the loyalty cash, blind-spot intervention, forest air, and spacious cabin and it's a no-brainer. I just wish the M56 had the around-view like the FX50 does, and up-to-date navigation system data would be nice, too (it's still just the 2009-10 data from NAVTEQ, which doesn't even have my house!!)
    Thanks Blast, I'm like you....leaning towards the M56 due to the price difference. Why purchase a used LS when you can drive an '11 M? I'll probably go your route (no sport pkg) but wait until end of year for big discounts. Your insight really helps.
    This topic should be moved to the M37/M56 forum where it could be appreciated and made to be more useful.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    CarSpace isn't listing an M37/M56 model yet (in the dropdown menu to the right), so this discussion is linked to the M35 model discussions. If you use the dropdown menu, and select M35, you can see a list of all of the related discussions.

This discussion resides in the Prices Paid discussions (for obvious reasons!).

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• valueguyvalueguy Member Posts: 208
    I have a question concerning the new 2011 M37 driver's seat. I have a bad lower back and most car seats are unacceptable to me. This is my problem and not the auto manufacturer 99% of the time.

I like the 2009 G37 driver's seat but found the 2010 M35 seat uncomfortable (again just me here). I didn't buy the G37 because I like a bigger car and knew the M37 was around the corner. Can anyone comment on the M37 seat (prefer sport package) vs. the standard G37 seat? I don't fit well in the sport package G37 seat because the side bolsters rub my thighs (not comfortable).

For me the BMW 550 with comfort seats are the best out there; but, the BMW would cost me 20K more than a M37 and have less options. My current ride is a 2008 Acura MDX Sport and I love the seats but the SUV is heavy, slow and not that much fun to drive.

Every time I go to the Infiniti dealership which is an hour from my home the sales people "hover" over me. I don't enjoy that. Plus, they don't understand my back problem and 50% of the decision comes down to the driver's seat.
    edited April 2010
    I happened to love the comfort of the 2010 Base M35 seat and yet find the 2011 Base M37 seat somewhat firm and uncomfortable. I have not tried the sport seat, but the additioanl cost is excessive, so it will be out of the question regardless.
    Value----I test drove the '11 M56 a couple of weeks ago. One of the first things that I commented to the salesman was the comfort of the driver's seat. It felt similar to my leather la-z-boy!

He said it was upgraded leather from the base M37 and I could really feel the difference. He also had the cooled seat function on and it was probably the most comfortable seat I've ever felt in a car. BTW--I'm 6'3" and had plenty of room in both front seats. Very comfortable.

You might try it out and ask if those upgraded seats are available in an M37 Sport. They might be. Good luck.
    edited April 2010
    I recently took a test drive of an M56 and I found the seat to be much too firm, and that's just compared to my 2008 M45. Compared to other cars, it's extremely firm!

However, the dealer told me that the Deluxe Touring Package (and possible the Sport Touring Package) has a more comfortable seat. Nothing like the Lexus LS460, but better than the base model.

I haven't verified yet (since I can't find an M56 to drive locally w/Touring), but that's what I was told...
  • valueguyvalueguy Member Posts: 208
    I appreciate the reply. The web site says the sport package has "bolstered" seats as well as the deluxe touring package. The latter has better leather.

I only need a seat as good as the G37 (base). That seat had just the right amount of back padding in the correct place. The M35 seat was larger but the padding seemed different to me. We all know how subjective driver's seats can be.

Anybody ever sat in the BMW 550 with comfort seats? That is BEST IN CLASS.
    I can live with some additional road noise but I must have a good seat or my back hurts after 10 minutes.

Why the hell isn't the sport package avail with the deluxe touring package? I would very much like to have both but now must choose between the two. Who wouldn't want the better leather seats if they could afford it?
    I also found the G37 sedan seat to be more comfortable than the M37. I don't get what Infiniti is doing and why don't they keep a good thing going. The M35 had great seats. Why did they change them? I may just have to go elsewhere if I don't get used to the M37 base seat.
  • ecoastharleyecoastharley Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I am just coming off a G35xS lease, and in the market for an M37, M35 2010, or an A6.

Here are the details of one lease option here in Mass.

MSRP: $53,550
    Cap Cost: $50,145
    Money Factor: .000771 (calculated of a 1.85 int rate)
    Residual: 56% - $298087.80
    Down Payment: $1730
    Term: 39 Months
    Miles :12k
    Monthly Payment: $699

Doesn't seem bad, but think I can do better. Like to hear any thoughts...

Thanks
    Bob
  • pedro45pedro45 Member Posts: 17
    You gave us all the information except which model this was...2010 M35? 2011 M37? Since it is on this forum, I am guessing it is the M37. I would say $3,400 off MSRP for this car is a pretty good deal, but as some will point out, that deal may be a lot better in 6-12 months.

If the numbers you list are for the M37, I am somewhat surprise at the very good money factor. Was this through Infiniti? If not, please explain.
  • ecoastharleyecoastharley Member Posts: 14
    Hello Pedro...

Sorry about that... I put it in the title and not in the post.

Yes... it is a 2011 M37 thru Infiniti Financial (at least I think it is thru them, I didn't get the specifics but Infiniti ran the numbers so assumed it is IFS). Actually... for the two recent quotes I got on a 2010 M35 had a money factor of .00023 and the 2011 M37 had 1.85% (which is think is .000771).

Thanks for the tip on the MSRP... I will have to think if I have time to wait. My lease ends soon... 45days or so.

Bob
  • magicbus_magicbus_ Member Posts: 3
    I've read that the auto manufacturers have substantially increased their transfer fees (from the factory to the car lot) over recent years as an additional profit center. I'm thinking of getting the M37. The destination fee on this car is $865. The dealer does not have my particular car at this time and wants to obtain it from another dealer. As I remember, he would charge me an additional $600 for the transfer. Is that what it costs to ship a car, or is the dealer doing to me what the manufacturer does to them?
    Four dealerships in my area have confirmed that Infiniti canceled all dealer M56 orders in April due to a component/parts shortage at the factory. As a result, I now have to wait another two months for my M56!

Miller Infiniti here in VanNuys, CA could have prevented this by ordering the exact configuration I wanted (and which I had been telling them since early February!), but they're incompetent and have lost a sale because of it.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    I have one and have sold 5 - but that is in Texas...
    We had some cancelled on us too though.
    It depends on where they are getting it from. With the price of gas around $3 a gallon, truckers are charging about $1.50-$2 per mile....remember the dealer has to trade the vehicle so it is a round trip - so $600 is very common.

Now, if the truckers quote is $400 and he is charging you $600...then he is making $200...but I bet it is legit.
    I've already noticed discounting on line for as much as $3500 off MSRP.
  • scottw58scottw58 Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2010
    The current discount is $5,072 off MSRP (M56 Sport/Touring) or $300 over invoice. Do not pay more than that! If you are doing a lease negotiate price first than apply lease figures for monthly quotes. This is through USAA car buying services. I always check there first and then negotiate down off that. I offered a dealer $3,000 less than invoice (told him to call me when you are ready to sell one for that). That is my target price. I may have to wait a while. Infiniti always jacks up there MSRP and there invoice price is not really invoice. I just bought my wife a G37 at $11K off MSRP in January. I'm also looking at 2011 550i. Want to test drive that when it comes out in June (my concern is reliability and BMW is notorious for unreliability on new redesign). $1500 invoice is best on pre-order right now on BMW. I currently own a 2007 M45 so in no hurry. The seats on the new 2011 M are much better/more comfortable! My current 2007 M45 Sport complaints are uncomfortable seats, road noise, and tires wear out at 10k. Hope they fixed these on M56.

Here is the current best deal that I have confirmed with local Atlanta dealer and through the buying service:
    2011 M56 Info (2011 M37 or M56 $300 over Invoice)

Pricing: MSRP Invoice
    Base MSRP $57,550 $53,973
    Black Obsidian Exterior $0
    Graphite Leather/Japanese Ash Wood Trim $0
    Sport Touring Package $2,000 $1,731
    Sport Package $3,650 $3,161
    Carpeted Trunk Mat, Trunk Net and First Aid Ki $195 $137
    Painted Splash Guards $165 $136
    Rear Decklid Spoiler $440 $355
    Destination and Handling $865
    Total MSRP $64,865 $59,493
    Discount $5,072 $300 over Inv
    Selling Price: $59,793
    I actually found the seats in the M37 to be somewhat firmer and less comfortable than the M35 seats. I guess it's subjective. With regards to road noise, they have changed the tires to Michelin Primacy which is a quieter tire. Glad to hear that discounting is alive and well! I am waiting for later in the year when the discounting can get closer to $4,000 under invoice. The G37s are already heavily discounted and I'm sure the relatively expensive M will eventually follow.
    edited April 2010
    Maybe my M45 Sport Seats are different? They are very very stiff....no cushion compared to M37 I sat in at dealership last week. Salesperson mentioned it too. Leather in M37 is of higher quality than my M45 Sport. My M45 is almost like "Pleather".

Good Luck with negotiations!
    I’m going to wait for at least $8-$10k discounts too. These cars depreciate so fast!
    I purchased my 2007 M45 sport 2 years ago for $29k with 19k miles.

I had the Michelin Pilot Sport on my car..Road noise was better (still not great). But only got 10k miles. The original Bridgestone’s went 20k. I have Goodyear Eagle GT on now because they were half the price.. More road noise but may get more miles..
    I just looked up old M45 Sport Option: This is why my seats are not comfortable: In the sport option description it says: "sport-bolstered front bucket seats" so you may be right..better thank sport but not for your old M non sport. My wife's G37 seats are awesome!

Rearactive steer, sport-tuned suspension, 19" 5-split-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels, P245/40WR19 performance tires, sport-bolstered front bucket seats, sport-style steering wheel, sport-style shift knob, aluminum pedal accents, sport body styling, interior aluminum trim (N/A w/PRM Premium Pkg or C-2 Wheat Leather Seat Trim) *Deletes STD interior wood trim*
    I thought the Base Model with the M35 seats were very comfortable. I didn't get involved with ever checking out the M35 Sport seat. The M37 has 3 different seats, Base model, Touring, and Sport. I found after sitting in all of them that the Touring is the most comfortable. However, I'm not shelling out an additional $6,000+ to have that kind of comfort. At first I found the base M37 seat to be too firm, with not enough soft cushioning. Then I realized, that my G35 Coupe doesn't have any cushioning and is very comfortable. Conclusion is.......Sometimes it's psychological. I will need a few more test drives for me to be absolutely certain. By that time, the prices should hopefully drop a few additonal thousand!
    Agree.
    Let us know if you pull the trigger and at what price below invoice. I think $3k below invoice is the only way I will do it. There will be at least $8k in depreciation as soon as I drive off..Even at that price.
    edited April 2010
    I had the same impressions as you, @bocatrip, regarding the seats. I test drove an M56 without the Deluxe Touring package, and the seats felt noticeably firmer and less comfortable than my 2008 M45 that I drove to the dealership. Haven't had a chance to sit in an M56 w/Touring to see if the seats are more comfortable (since no one has M56s any more due to the parts shortage).
    We are not discounting the M56 or M37 anywhere near that yet. Maybe one day...we are also a preferred dealer for USAA - that means we give USAA our best price along with a few other dealers in the country and they average the prices to give folks a "target price" - last I checked they were no where near that price either. YET - if you want a deal - just be patient - right now we are selling vehicles to those willing to pay MSRP or very, very close to it. :)
    Are dealerships accepting VPP (www.insidenissan.com) yet for the M56?
  • m4mm4m Member Posts: 76
    I have a referal code for the American Express $500 card referal for a new puchase or lease of a M37/56. Your new purchase/lease needs to be from an Infiniti Retailer between April 19, 2010 to June 16, 2010. I will receive $150 for referal and you will get $500 American Express card. Email me at mz24724@yahoo.com if interested.
  • rdesmanrdesman Member Posts: 43
    I received one of these codes in the mail yesterday for a $500 card for the buyer (or leasor) of a new 2011 Infiniti M and $150 for me.
    It requires the purchase or lease to take place between April 19, 2010 and July 16, 2010.
    It requires the VINs and mailing addresses of both parties be sent to Infiniti at their program website.
    You may e-mail me if you are eligible to participate at: rdesman@hotmail.com.
    I cannot post the Infiniti program website on this forum but will send the URL to anyone who can participate and wants the rules first hand.
    This is the third time Infiniti has sent me one of these codes and we all got paid both times before---and painlessly.
    Infiniti is allowing the dealers to do them if they want - it will be up to the dealers, I think most are doing the M37 - I doubt they are doing the M56.
    The great AMEX give away is back - if any of you guys get a code in the mail - feel free to send me your information (name, address, code, VIN) and I will hook you up with one of my customers. I have someone buying a new M today!

PS As you guys probably know - I can't send out our customers information without their consent. I hooked up several forum folks with customers on the last go around.
  • bth2bth2 Member Posts: 2
    Getting ready lease M37 w/ premium package.
    Dealer already offering invoice price.
    12K 39 months
    What is a good price with no money down?
    Any tips?
    Mike - I emailed you all the info. Thanks. :)
    New M 37 seats may be firmer because they are new and not broken in, My 2007 M45 Sport Seats are 4 years old and they are still like seating on cement bleachers. I sat in the new M yesterday and then jumped in my car and new M seats are much softer (higher quality leather) and have more cushion.
  • ctaylogctaylog Member Posts: 8
    Any word if Infiniti will be offering a pull ahead program to get people into the new M's? They offered a program like that in 2005 when the M was first released. I was able to come out of my I35 about a year early.
    If you have the invoice price and you know the terms (12k, 39 months, MF), then the price is the price....other than negotiating other misc. fees.

Please share where you got invoice pricing? Also, how did you get invoice pricing? I was not expecting that for another 6 months or so. Well done!
    Although I have not seen invoice pricing locally, I have seen it on different sites, with actual newspaper adds showing invoice, or very close to it. At this rate, we should be able to see the deep deep discounting coming and I won't be surprised to see the same huge numbers slashed as we did with the leftover 2010s by the end of the year.
    Boca, I do not see how you can expect the pricing you saw on leftover 2010's. That was because of the outgoing model and complete redesign coming (along with the economy). While I expect invoice and slightly below pricing in the next several months, I would be shocked to see the $10,000 under MSRP you are referring to.

However, I would love to be wrong!
    We are selling the new M37/M56 at MSRP still - in Texas, supply is still low and demand is still high. I will let you know if Infiniti comes out with any specials other than the 2.9% on Monday - but I doubt it.

I don't think you will see any discounting till the summer. :cry:
  • grover9grover9 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for an infiniti M37all wheel drive with premium package and deluxe touring. Dealership offered MRSP $57,125. They reduced price to $53, 900. Lease deal offered was $4,500 down payment and $689.49 per month.

They said their invoice for the car is $52,306

I think they can do much better. My goal is to get $600 per month. Does anyone think this is possible or should I take the deal above.

Thanks for the input.
    edited May 2010
    I agree with Boca. Buying Services (i.e. USAA) are at $4k-$5k off MSRP right now on 20110 M! That is a contracted price nationwide and must be honored by participating dealers! Good for you salespeople making money on unknowledgeable buyers. I remember the G37 being popular and it eventually was discounting $10k off. Infiniti jacks up their MSRP. Buyers please do your research. Salespeople are not on your side! The depreciation on these cars in horrific.
    edited May 2010
    This economy is a quite a distance from any type of significant recovery. The Luxury division of most car manufacturers are always hit the hardest during these difficult times. People are more savvy than ever and are aware of how fast and hard these higher end car values plummet after purchase. I am fairly confident that it will not take much to start seeing huge discounting towards the end of the year if not sooner. All it will take will be one or two dealers to start the ball rolling.
  • magicbus_magicbus_ Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a M37, so anyone that received a referral card in the mail and wants to pair up with a buyer, please send your information to me Redleaf111___at___aol.com. Thanks.