Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M37 M56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lxrlxr Member Posts: 5
    MSRP 52810, just the premium. The 36 month lease had a slightly better MF but turned out to be about 23/month more
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    than you did good :)
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    I would love for USAA/Zag to add those, but the Zag program is not set up to handle each dealer as individuals - they just average us all together and give a "Target Price", not an exact price...customers usually only read what they want to read and interpret the fine print how they want to interpret it....overall it does cut to the chase and gets the customer a great price which is the goal.

It is still a work in progress...remember the dealer is the customer to USAA, we pay $399/month - we don't brain damage - we want the service they promise.
  • svhustlersvhustler Member Posts: 17
    I just signed on an M37 with sport, sport touring, premium, aero kit, illuminated kick plates, trunk net, tinting, and had the 20" stock wheels chromed for $698 per month with $2200 due at signing (includes first month payment). 39 months and 10k miles per year.

The MSRP on this car is $58,460 before dealer add-ons (tint, nitrogen tires, wheel locks, paint coat, and chroming the 20" wheels). It was over $62K after add-ons.

This was in Phoenix, AZ. Great deal?
    Please explain to me why when I use USAA and price out a car, I get a list of the three closest dealers with mileage to the dealer and often each has a different guaranteed price? There is no "average price" that I see.

What's missing is the dealer "profit pack"...the extra stuff on the extra window sticker; the warranty fee, etc....but in my case, I refuse to pay for any of those items....the dealer can throw them in or find a car that doesn't have them....but that's just me. That's sort of the bait and switch part of using USAA/ZAG and yes, I know of specific dealers who say...oh yes, that's our price but we add $2000 worth of stuff that you have to buy. Needless to say, I don't deal with those folks.

So I think their prices are pretty accurate. What am I missing?
  • infiniti427infiniti427 Member Posts: 33
    studio,

I work in the internet departmet for Infiniti of Tampa. The answer to your question is it's up to the dealer what they want to charge as a price for the particular vehicle. For exampe on G37 Sedans our ZAG price is $150 over invoice. We don't add much to our cars... we have $400 added to all our cars and that's for wheel locks and that great nitrogen filled tires!!! I don't buy into it, just like none of you do. Now another dealer's price can be $150 under invoice... it's all up to the dealer on what they want their ZAG price to be. When I have a customer with a ZAG price I never add the $400 to the price they were quoted. My managers don't like it, but I feel what your quoted is the price you should get.

Hope this helps.
    427...I think you are doing it exactly the way I would expect. We could do business if my local dealer wasn't so good.

That sounds a lot different than SewellGSM's pricing (from his notes here)
    I was just giving you guys the "ugly insight" of how Zag works. I price my G sedans at $500 over invoice minus all the incentives (so $500 below invoice right now). The problem is the customer comes in with a price different than that (not their fault - that is what USAA/Zag told them) - this is where the problem is - the numbers don't match.

I ask you - who is at fault? Not the customer - not the dealer (we gave them our price in writing) - it is USAA/Zag's fault, but where are they when the customer is at the dealership? No where around, the customers don't trust the dealers anyway - so it is a problem - I was just trying to give you facts why (earlier emails).

By the way, I will pull out the invoice, add $500 to it, subtract any incentives - even show the customer the pricing we send to Zag/USAA - this is sufficient for most, but not all customers.

Like I said, a work in progress.
  • daviddamore1daviddamore1 Member Posts: 4
    I did the MSDs too. (5,800 worth) M37x with premium, msrp 52,975. $2k out of pocket (incl 1st payment). I went with 39 months, 18K miles per year (need a of miles for my commute car).

Paying $566. Thought is was a good deal.
  • svhustlersvhustler Member Posts: 17
    I just purchased an M37. If anyone has an offer for the amex card purchase referral, please send to me at kristopherhennen@gmail.com. Thanks!
  • bingy22bingy22 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    Hi All:

I just got my new M37x. If anyone has an received a 150/500 offer card for the M37x, please contact me at infm37 (at) yahoo.com

Thanks a lot :)
    Does that $566 include tax...what's the payment without tax? Looks like a great deal.
  • daviddamore1daviddamore1 Member Posts: 4
    Yes, includes NJ taxes. Not sure how to back out the tax...
  • alfstinky1alfstinky1 Member Posts: 92
    edited June 2010
    I would have to agree with you about slow sales on the M37, at least in the NYC,NJ area. I'm in sales and drive between 150-200 miles a day in and around the NYC and NJ metro areas. I have not seen one M since they arrived in the show rooms. Not on the street or toll plazas or highways. My Infiniti lease is up in July so I've shopped a little to feel out prices. On an M37X w/prem, splash guards and the trunk net,first aid kit,trunk mat MSRP 52,975 I was offered in writing 48,365 which doesn't include the 1,000 loyalty from a NJ dealer 48,785 from a NY dealer also without the loyalty. I"m waiting until July to see if the incentives change from Infiniti. I think the RV will stay because it's not to bad but either the MF should drop or they will offer dealer cash. Maybe in areas like Texas a big dealer might be moving 20-30 a month but I just don't see any real proof here. It's my feeling that this car configured as I mentioned should sell for no more than 45,000 at this time.
  • jngo1jngo1 Member Posts: 21
    hello members
    just got this from email, is this a good deal?

**** Infiniti is kicking off the summer season with some of its most aggressive deals yet. With over 200 new and pre-owned cars in stock, we are blowing out cars at clearance prices. Here is a peek at just a couple of our current incentives:
    2011 Infiniti M37
    MSRP starting at $47,310
    Fleet Price starting at $43,791
    or Lease for $500 down, $499 a month!! (39 mo / 10k miles a year lease. $0 down plus registration fees and first mo. payment)

WHAT DOES FLEET PRICES MEAN?
    thanks for any suggestions
    I'm paying $499 a month (plus tax) on a 2011 M37....39 mo lease 12K/year, no money down (from me) and using max multiple security deposits. Car has premium, splash guards and trunk net/mat. I used the $1000 loyalty money to reduce the capitalized cost.

Fleet price is in theory a special price given to someone buying a fleet of cars. In reality it means nothing...it's marketing talk making you feel that you are in on some special pricing. They are actually offering you the car at invoice. Just watch that you are also getting options at invoice and there aren't any dealer pin stripes, nitrogen tires, etc added on when you really go to buy the car.

If it's on the up and up, it's a good deal.
    It is a marketing term to make folks feel like they are getting a great deal. This price is a great price.

Many corporations own a "fleet" of vehicles - usually trucks, but sometimes companies have many cars for their salespeople, executives, etc. Those corporations usually have an employee who buys all the vehicles from the dealers and since they are buying mulitiple vehicles at a time - they work out a better sale price due to the fact they are buying so many vehicles. So, some dealers have a "fleet manager" who gives "fleet pricing" - funny thing is we have customers who come in and want to see the "fleet manager" but are only buying one vehicle - we give them the same deal we give everyone else, but they feel better about it.

Bottom line - it is a good price you posted. :)
    Not much change on the M's this month - no change really.

M37 & M56: no dealer cash - 2.9% for up to 66 months, 3.9% for 72

On lease there is a $1000 Loyalty Rebate if you currently have an Infiniti and lease another. :)
  • blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    Hi, sewellgsm - Do you happen to know M56 lease rates for July? I'm looking at 24-month or 36-month with 15,000 miles annually.
  • keithlkeithl Member Posts: 106
    I just leased a M37 Sport Touring for darn near invoice. I had to roll over some neg equity in my prior car, but they were knocking $4K off right up front, also got them to throw in ceramic tinting. I probably could have save a few extra $$, but on a car that is out 3 months to get it near invocie is good deal. My old 09 SH-AWD TL was far from invoice 3 months into its life cycle, Infiniti is being very agressive.
  • hellye1hellye1 Member Posts: 23
    can you provide your lease details such as lease length, monthly payment and all options your car has. What state are you in?
    M56
    24/15k = 59%
    36/15k = 54%
    I'm in GA, Money factor was .00162 and residual is .57
    I don't have the sale price of my car handy, but they offered me a Sport for Money factor is .00162 and residual. The car was about $400 over invoice but they threw in ceramic tinting all around so that made the car damn close to invoice. I had to roll about $2K over from my old car so my lease payments are not relevant and I bought 17K miles a year. I did a 39 month lease and of course there is the bogus doc fee down here of about $500 and some other dealer aqusition fees that are BS, but can't be avoided. I feel like I got a sweet deal on a car that is only out 3 months and their sales are up 75% over last year. Compare that to my 09 TL AWD that I was lucky to get around $1500 off MSRP 3 months after they were out. It does pay to deal a few days before end of month if you can find a dealer that has not made their numbers and needs the sale. I got mine at Nalley Infinit of Marietta. My buddy got a 2010 G37 same day for great deal becasue there were incentives on the G and they were discounting them about $5K once you factored in the incentives and dealer threw in ceramic tinting.
  • hellye1hellye1 Member Posts: 23
    so due to the roll over of $2000 from previous car your monthly payment is about $50-60 bucks more. Is it M 37 sport? any other options?
    It is a M37 Sport Touring with Premium (I beleive you have to Premium to get Sport Touring), it has the rear deck spolier, trunk carpet and first aid kit and painted splash guards, MSRP was $56,915. Dealer included 3M Ceramic Tint. I rolled over $2K from my trade and have 17K miles a year on 39 month least with payment of $850 no up front payments other than first month so $850 sign and drive. I need to dig up the paper work, but pricing was somewhere just over invoice, even with all the dealer and aqusition fees and my $2K it was a good deal.
  • j21mj21m Member Posts: 22
    "Warehouse Program "Lease offer
    2011 M37
    Premium Pkg.
    Splash Guards, Rear Spoiler
    Black Grille, First aid kit
    39/10...$1200. "out the door", they pay my last payment on my '07 M35 ($603.00)
    $609.00 per month incl. 6% sales tax
  • jabatjabat Member Posts: 9
    Keithl,

Saw your post regarding M37 near invoice price. Could you share what the sale price and options were that you negotiated? I'm looking at buying now in Georgia and would appreciate the help.
    List price was $51875 approx...Dont know sale price... i do have owner loyalty which is worth $1000.00. Options are as stated above
    Call Nalley Infiniti in Marietta (not Decatur) ask for Jovan or Evan (manager) and of course say I sent you remind thm Myself and Bryan bought 2 cars that day on June 28. They will give you great pricing, you can squeeze them a little more and get them to throw in free Ceramic tiniting. I will try and find the actual paperwork. Rememebr my numbers are irrelevant on paper becasue the way they log a trade in. They always show the trade for more than they give you and then shwo the car for close to MSRP, something about the way the accounting works. They discounted the car $3770 and I beleive invoice was $4000 less than MSRP. I have Premium Sport Touring with trunk carpet and rear lip spoiler, that is it. MSPR was like $56,915

If you have owner loyalty you get another $1K off.
    Thanks for the reply.

Owner loyalty available when you purchase car?
    2011 M37
    MSRP $54,625
    Sell Price $49,774
    Has premium and deluxe touring plus other minor options.
    Owner loyalty was available, but I did not qualify I did not have a current Infiniti or lease, came out of an Acura. If I had an Infiniti I woudl have gotten an additional $1K off.
  • tom_patom_pa Member Posts: 3
    Same feedback regarding M37 sightings. I turned in my ‘07 M35 leased in the 1st week of June. Since test driving the M37 the same day I turned in the lease, I have absolutely not seen a single M37 on the road until just the past two weeks. During the past two weeks I’ve seen 3-4 M37’s while travelling in the Northern NJ area and JUST 1 in my area.

During this same period what I have seen is very high number of the new Jaguar XF’s. I’ve spoke to several of these owners and they love their Jags. The new XF is in my opinion the nicest looking sports/luxury sedan on road. This will be my next test drive. The M37 is WAY overpriced and the dealership I dealt with in Westchester PA wasn’t even interested enough to call me back with numbers.

I did receive a flyer in the mail from my dealer claiming to be offering up to $10K off this summer. Does anybody know of factory or dealer incentives going on? The only way I would consider the M is if it were in the $45K range.
    you should be able to get an M at near invoice.....and if you lease, there is $1000 additiona loyalty credit.

The XF is beautiful and they are discounting...but the rub is that some day you will be trading the car in and resale is "not outstanding" (being kind). Terrible lease programs on the XF.
  • littlejoe613littlejoe613 Member Posts: 53
    The M37 is WAY overpriced and the dealership I dealt with in Westchester PA wasn’t even interested enough to call me back with numbers.

I think you are mistaken about which model is overpriced. The Jag has a poor reliability record , horrendous resale value and super exorbitant maintenance cost. My wife was a service advisor at a Jag store and she made a nice living at it. LOL. The previous M series was listed as one of the best picks by Consumer Reports and buff books.Its got a good reputation for reliability and quality. I think overpriced means its out of your price range. Jags are as well since I don't think a similar equipped Jaguar is 45 either. Good luck with your choice, you better do your research. I see more old Infiniti's than old Jaguars.
  • lawyergirl22lawyergirl22 Member Posts: 4
    Wondering if no one is purchasing the new M's? Not alot of activity recently! Anyway, looking for input on an M37 I am considering. Moonlight White w/ Java interior, Deluxe Touring and Premium packages, along with a couple minor options--MSRP is $54,615, inital offer over the phone is right at $51000, about $1000 over invoice. I am in no rush, so would I be better off waiting a few more months?

FWIW, the 3 dealerships closest to me (all within 1 hour driving distance of eachother) have about 55 M37's between them, this seems like alot of inventory to me, so perhaps I should wait a bit longer and see how it continues to sell.

Thanks for any input.
    My OPINION (let me repeat that...it's opinion) is that if you are considering leasing then you might get a good deal now; if you are going to purchase, I don't think you run much of a risk that the car will get more expensive, so waiting might be relatively safe.

You should be able to buy/lease an m37 today for invoice price......
    @lawyergirl22 - some M issues to be aware of before buying/leasing:

REGRESSIONS FROM 2008-2009 M35/45

- XM NavTraffic no longer verbally warns you about traffic congestion on a route; no longer indicates where green "traffic flowing" conditions exist along a route (and therefore can't show you traffic conditions along an entire route); and sometimes doesn't show you adverse traffic conditions under "Info on Route" that inexplicably do appear under "Nearby Traffic Info."

- The nav system can no longer locate street addresses on Grand Avenue in downtown Los Angeles such as Disney Hall (111 S. Grand Ave). Instead, the system sends you to San Pedro, CA! So one has to wonder what other main roads in major cities are missing...

- When visually scrolling through songs, you must press the steering wheel's menu select button down to scroll down through the list. But once you've selected your song and it's playing, you now have to illogically press up on the switch to select the next track down on the playlist. (At a minimum, the driver should be able to choose how the switch functions since there's apparently quite a bit of disagreement among customers.) This functionality is the exact opposite from all Infinitis produced before 2010.

- The phone system can no longer redial the most recent number called on a paired Bluetooth cell phone simply by pressing the Talk switch and saying "Redial."

- The 2011 M omits the 2008/09 M's convenient secondary sun visor that allows you to move the main sun visor to the side window while still having one for the windshield.

- The sun visor does not fold forward enough, causing it to frequently block the driver's view of signs, streetlights, and/or vehicles more than a couple car lengths ahead of you.

- No longer an option to have rear passenger seats that recline and are heated (or ventilated, for that matter).

SYSTEM SETTINGS & CUSTOMIZATION

- One can't set the power-folding mirrors to automatically fold in when the engine is turned off, and then always open out when the engine is turned on.

- The power-folding mirrors' armrest switch is backwards (pressing it outwards folds the mirrors inwards, and vice versa); and the switch doesn't even work at all if the engine has been turned off (even though the power windows still work).

- The doors automatically lock above 15 mph without giving the driver any ability to disable the feature or customize its functionality.

- No way to turn off Active Noise Control (if for no other reason than to see how well it works).

- No ability to see more than just five selections when searching for Nearby Places via Voice Recognition while driving.

- When on a route and searching for Places, there's no way to search for outlying Places that aren't along the route, near the destination, or near the current location.

- Certain settings and customizations (such as turning on Welcome Lighting) require an unusual series of strange steps instead of just being a simple preference via the Settings button.

DRIVING/SAFETY

- Settings for warning and intervention systems (FCW, LDW, BSW, DCA, LDP, BSI, IBA) cannot be sufficiently customized independently, and under certain circumstances can be too intrusive. Also, Infiniti should give drivers the ability to have the selected intervention systems automatically turn on with the engine, just as one can permanently enable/disable the warning systems by holding the appropriate button for 4 seconds.

- Transmission throttle mapping seems confused at times, especially at slower speeds.

FUNCTIONALITY IN NEED OF REFINEMENT

- There is no way to switch back to the current list of songs playing on a connected iPod, unlike with the CD or Music Box interfaces which can return you to the track list in progress.

- Saying "Traffic Information" using Voice Recognition should take you to the main traffic information screen (like "Fuel Economy" takes you to the fuel economy screen), but instead it turns the traffic reporting functionality on/off.

- When listing traffic conditions for "Nearby Traffic Info," XM NavTraffic doesn't specify the specific highway (e.g., I-405 South) in the list, so you're required to select the condition detail to see on which direction the congestion, accident, or closure is located.

- The computer frequently freezes after trying to store a Voice Tag for an address book entry.

- Voice Recognition library of commands is not as sophisticated nor extensive as in some other brands, such as Acura.

UNRESOLVED PRIOR-YEAR M PROBLEMS

- The ventilated front seats still cannot cool the upper half of the seat between one's shoulders.

- Still no daytime running lights (like in Canada) nor mirror-mounted turn signals (like the QX).

- When headlights are manually turned on during the daytime, there is still no way to override the automatic dimming of button indicator lights.

- The cigarette lighter for charging cell phones does not stay powered on when the engine is off.

- When taking a Bluetooth phone call, the CD/iPod/Music Box is still not automatically paused.

- Rear passenger seats still can't be folded forward for extra trunk space.

- The Intelligent Key still cannot turn on the engine and A/C remotely. And while it is able to remotely roll down your windows by holding the unlock button, it can't roll them back up.

- The car's suspension is not adjustable, so the driver can't dial in a cushier ride when desired.

- The car doors still only have two main secure positions—wide open and half open, which allows them to unexpectedly slam into people's knees or heads on inclines or in tight spaces.

MISSING FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY

- No Around-View Monitor like on the FX, EX, and QX, nor any form of visual/audible distance warning for the front end and four bumper corners. (But the 2011 BMW 5-series has it!)

- No ability to enter phone extension numbers and passcodes with Voice Recognition, instead of taking your eyes off the road to manually key in the numbers on the display screen with the Keypad.

- No capability on some cell phones to switch between callers using Voice Recognition when a Call Waiting beep is received, instead of having to pick up your cell phone and physically press the button.

- No ability on some cell phones to see the Caller ID on your display of a second caller on Call Waiting.

- No "Heads-Up Display" virtually projected onto the windshield, like both the 2011 BMW 550i and 2010 Mercedes-Benz E550 offer.

- No Valet Mode that disables the stereo/radio, limits the top speed to 45 mph, displays on the nav screen the total mileage driven while in this mode, prevents use of the navigation system, prevents access to the Music Box and all settings made through the touch-screen, disables all unnecessary controls, disables the Bluetooth connection, turns off the A/C after 5 minutes at idle, and automatically runs the hazard lights when being driv
  • lawyergirl22lawyergirl22 Member Posts: 4
    blastphemy-- thank you so much for the comprehensive reply! Alot to think about before i make the purchase. What other vehicles do you suggest as a comparison? I have driven the E320, ES and GS, and older M's, what am I missing (bearing in mind that for some reason BMW just doesn't appeal to me) and that my limit is no more that $55k?

Thanks again for all the infomation.
    edited August 2010
    while the list is very complete, it focuses on the missings without including the includeds. I drove every car prior to leasing my 2011 M and the M was by far and away the best lease price/performer. I could find no lexus that made sense..ES is a fancy Camry and the GS. although nicer, has poor resale and terrible leasing because of it. The mercedes just didn't have the pep I wanted in the 320 and was a fair amount more $'s (plus very high service costs and I am wary of reliability). I Loved the Jaguar but again resale and leasing are just awful. Don't like the looks of the Acuras and I'm partial to rear wheel drive cars; the Cadillac was another possibility but the seat was so short it was uncomfortable and no backup camera which I consider a must safety feature (2011's might have it). Local BMW dealer woudn't even discuss discounts on the 5 series so I lost interest quickly. In the end, it was a choice between the CTX and the M37.

I wound up leasing an M37 at invoice (less the $1000 loyalty bonus).
    @ghstudio - I agree completely, but I just didn't have the room to list the positives which are far more numerous than the negatives. But a lot of the items on my "negative" list aren't always readily apparent to someone on a 10-minute test drive, and some of those may actually be deal-breakers for certain customers.

I currently drive an M56, so I've had time to uncover all these shortcomings. But the key thing is that they weren't enough to make me go down the street to another dealership :)

Plus, if Infiniti is actually paying attention to its customer's suggestions for improvements to this brand new vehicle - many of which that could be applied through software updates - then the car will continue to improve and may eventually only have the hardware items that need to be resolved in the 2012 model year.
    I personally liked a lot about the NAV on my '07 M35, particularly "destination phone number" or "dial Joe Smith"...My 2011 M37 required more steps to do the same...very cumbersome...
    but at least the 2011 navigation system doesn't give you that absurd legal disclaimer when you start. I hated that on my 06/08. Admittedly there are some extra steps, but then again if I'm looking for a local restaurant, I can now see 20 entries instead of just 5 when moving (Using the dial on the dash). I'm not sure what brilliant legal eagle decided that if you're driving along on an interstate and want to see more than 5 restaurants, you had to pull off the road and stop which is far more dangerous than paging down to see 5 more entries.

As far as traffic and weather...I live in Florida and for a few days every time I started the car, the navigation would tell me that there was a high heat warning within 20 miles.....I guess that's just in case I didn't know it was hot :) Useless info. After my free trial, that will be a feature I won't renew.
  • tarsar7tarsar7 Member Posts: 4
    First off, let me say thank you!! to everyone on this forum. I have learned an enormous amount just reading the posts. Now on to the goods - here are the details of the offer I currently have:

2011 M37 Premium/Sport/Sport Touring + dealer adds (wheel locks, tint, paint protect pkg)

MSRP: 56125 + dealer adds (3145) = 59270
    Invoice: 51369 (ignoring dealer adds)
    Quoted Price: 52395 + fees below
    Documentation Fee: 469.50
    Paint Protection Pkg: 297
    Total: 53161.50

Lease: $4000 up front
    15K miles, .00146 Money Factor, 55% residual, 39 months = 645 + tax
    15K miles, .00137 Money Factor, 56% residual, 36 months = 668 + tax

1. The total price still seems high to me given what I have read here? Comments? Can I get this car at invoice right now?

2. Leasing in completely new to me. Assuming 0 down, should the cap cost be equal to the negotiated total cost of the vehicle + the acquisition fee? Any additional fees to expect besides Title/Reg?

Thanks in advance!!!
    edited August 2010
    Don't put any money down beyond what you need for the drive-off costs (1st payment, taxes, DMV fees, etc.). If you have extra cash and want to lower your monthly payment, put down multiple security deposits (see earlier posts elsewhere in this and other threads for the details). When you put money down on a lease beyond the drive-off costs, you're just throwing it away.

If it helps, here's a complete breakdown of my recent M56 lease. It includes the Premium, Technology, and Deluxe Touring packages (and no Sport pkg), rear spoiler, illuminated kick plates, splash guards, vehicle alarm impact sensor, first aid kit, and trunk netting:

MSRP was $66,300 (which includes the $865 destination charge).

Using VPP Plan D, the price fell to $60,762.

Additional reductions/costs included -$1,000 loyalty cash, +$695 for LoJack, +$815 for DMV, +$195.68 for tax on capitalized cost reduction, +$4.39 for sales tax paid in advance, +$45 for document preparation fee, and +$8.75 California tire fee, making the gross cap cost $62,053.

I put down $3,000 to cover the first monthly payment and all the "drive-off" fees above, resulting in a final adjusted cap cost of $60,046.

The residual value is $35,802, the rent charge was $6,072.84, and the lease term was 36 months @ 15,000 miles which resulted in a monthly payment of $924.25.

Money factor was 0.00176 (4.22%), Residual Value was 54%, but those were the rates for July, so your rates may differ.
    Depending on your negotiating skills, you should be able to buy an M37 at invoice.....I did in July and the market hasn't gotten stronger. I would suggest that you eliminate the paint protection package...which is pretty much pure profit to the dealer...or leave it in and pay invoice and let them have the extra few $$'s.

Pay nothing up front....first month, documentation fee (to state) and that's it. Use the difference in multiple security deposits. If you or your dealer don't understand MSD's, it's time to learn...they are a great deal for you....and they don't effect the dealer at all.
  • redbullredbull Member Posts: 26
    Hi Tarsar7 -

Wow, what are the dealer ad-ons?

I just negotiated $300 below invoice on an almost identical M37:

Platinum Graphite / Graphite Int
    Premium
    Sport
    Sport Touring (the surround stereo is just amazing, and the pollen filters are a must for my wife if I want to drive with fresh air coming in when she is with me)

NO Tech package - IMHO mostly just a bunch of "safety" nanny buzzers telling you how to drive, keeping you in your lane, etc. that are more irritating than useful. (the technology in place here is admittedly pretty cool, but I would almost certainly disable 90% of it). And, I can parallel park if necessary. Again, IMHO :-)

$56,115 MSRP
    $51,369 Invoice
    $51,069 My Price (and Cap Cost)

Minimum drive off (first payment and DMV license fee)
    Current IFS mf and residual for my lease situation
    36 months / 12K miles per year

$705 / month

Do NOT buy any dealer add ons unless it's something you really want and you can't get it anywhere else (such as the trunk mats and nets, Aero pkg or spoiler). If you really want the scotch guard, paint protection, extended warranty, etc, you can get these on your own far cheaper. I wouldn't suggest any of these, particularly because you are leasing. Also, any dealer add ons (even the spoiler and stuff) will not be factored into the residual, so you won't get your money back for this investment at the end of the lease. Having said that, I am probably going to add the spoiler as I love the look and couldn't find one equipped that way.

As they are diverting my car (that is just now being manufactured) from another dealer 500 miles away once it is shipped - going straight from the ship to my dealer, and I won't take delivery until the last week in September, the Infiniti lease terms may change for Sept. - but there is a good chance they won't. My dealer says if the rates go up he will make up the difference on his end so my payments won't change, but if they go down he will pass it on to me. This a great arrangement - most dealers won't do this for you.

The key is to NOT negotiate with sales people - so don't buy the car where you tried it out.

Call all the other local dealers within a 75 mile radius and ask to speak with the fleet or internet manager. Tell each that you would like their best price, and that you need to be at invoice or below. Don't tell them what other offers you have already received, but they will ask that anyway. Let them know that you will not share their offer with anyone else either. If they think you are going to "shop" their price, they won't want to make you an offer. If you treat them with integrity, they will appreciate that and do the same to you.

All dealers have different policies about their bottom line - some may go below invoice, some will not. The key for you is to find the ones that will. Don't spend time chatting with the ones that won't, they will give you all kinds of excuses about their pricing and try to get you to go with them. Politely end the conversation as soon as you can.

If you feel uncomfortable with the dealer that is giving you the lowest price for whatever reason (bad chemistry with you, sounds sleezy, lots of sales bull, etc) go with the second lowest price.

I was a professional auto broker for 6 years, so know that this approach is effective. You will find out what the bottom in your area for the M37 is in the process. Other cars' bottom may be different (such as the 2011 BMW 535i - you won't get close to invoice right now), but use this same method to find whatever it is. Just an fyi, I found a dealer that would do $1,500 over invoice on the 535i, but just overall too expensive for me with the equipment I wanted.

If you have any other specific questions, please let me know, and good luck!
    By the way, the price I quoted you - $705 / month - includes my 9% local sales tax.
  • scottw58scottw58 Member Posts: 38
    Great info and advice on negotiating Redbull. Totally agree with you.
    I’m looking at same car as you but probably without Sport Touring. Agree the Tech packages is a waste. I turned it all off on my current M45.
    Did you consider M56 at all? I have V8 now. Like the BMW 5 series too but just too unreliable and expensive. I’ve had no problems with my M45.
    Thanks.
    Hi scottw58,

I didn't consider the M56 because it seemed to me a pretty high extra cost for a little extra performance that I don't really need. What I've been reading in the car mags says that the M37 is more fun to drive and the more desirable package, so why spend the extra $$$. That's just my opinion though, I like the visceral snarl of a V8 as well and can understand why some want to go that route.

Before you say no to Touring pkg, have the dealer play their demo DVD in a car that has it, then take the DVD over to one without. While the stock stereo sounds decent, I was amazed at the sound of the Studio on Wheels arrangement. Even if you play regular CDs or your iPhone as opposed to DVD HD audio discs, the additional speakers make a huge difference in sonic capabilities.

That and the fact that when my wife is in the car with me we have to have the AC and recirculate on, even in winter cold because she is so allergic to local pollens (she is from Hawaii initially, so there is a big difference in the local flora. I love to have fresh air, and they say the filters with the Touring package will keep all the bad stuff out.