Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M37 M56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    No money on these new units yet...

Special Rates

0-60 months = 2.9%
    72 months = 3.9%

If you are leasing and currently have an Infiniti you get a $1000 Lease Loyalty Rebate.

Dealers are starting to get these cars in at a faster rate, so I expect you will see some discounting now - look for $1000 to $1500 off MSRP at first, maybe towards the end of the month is will get a tad better. :)
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38
    Sewell, GSM,

Just sell volume. You can't hold gross on an Infiniti. And definitely not in a recession.
  • littlejoe613littlejoe613 Member Posts: 53
    Thanks for the incentives and insight, sewellgsm. I think after itcadviser's previous smart mouth rants about other posters leaves his advice unuseable. It would be hard to take his advice here. I dont think anyone considers that stuff constructive. I think this forum is helpful and offers constructive advice for all from different sources. Isnt that what its for?
  • bernsterbernster Member Posts: 29
    My dealer is trying to locate M56 with no sport or 4x drive. Just want tech, deluxe touring in a particular color. Well it just does not exist in US. Dealer is looking at diverting a future shipment of this vehicle if they can find it. Said it may take 2 months to get delivery if they can find it. By the way there is only one M56 non sport in South Florida. Very rare.

I asked about ordering directly from factory and they said it takes 6 months. They did not seem to want to do that.

How do I negotiate a lease when the car won't be in for such a long time? There may be better incentives and lease rates in the future.
  • blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    I know for a fact that Infiniti of Thousand Oaks in California has two Black Obsidian w/Java interior M56s with Premium, Tech, Deluxe Touring, and no Sport or 4x. I'm holding out for a Malbec Black in the same configuration, but I test-drove one of the two mentioned above just a few days ago.

Direct factory orders for M56s were canceled in April due to a shortage of the 5.6 liter engines, mainly due to the 2011 QX56 using the same engine (albeit with 20 less HP) and being released very soon. However, my dealer just made its May order and nothing was cancelled, plus my Malbec Black M56 is expected by mid-August.

I did have to put a $1,000 check down on the factory order, but the dealership won't cash it until the car arrives and all papers are signed for the purchase or lease.
    Thanks for info Blastphemy. Did you negotiate price now or when car comes in?
  • blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    I haven't discussed price with the dealership, yet. I know what the MSRP will be for the configuration I asked the salesperson to order, but since I don't know what deals may be available in August, I didn't discuss the price.

BTW, according to the salesperson, I'm not obligated to buy this car even though it's being ordered per my specifications! But giving Infiniti the downpayment check is supposed to give the dealership leverage when asking for my vehicle to be built/shipped more quickly than those cars not already pre-sold.

I'm hoping that, by building this car to my requirements, the dealership will be more willing to deal since it's virtually a guaranteed sale and potentially a difficult configuration to turn around without my purchase.
  • scottw58scottw58 Member Posts: 38
    I just received this email from USAA buying service last night. Sales must be slow for M37 despite what some sales guys here are posting. Do your research before buying! Here is email: Or contact USAA directly or another buying service. Or just negotiate this deal or better! I'm still waiting for at least $3,000 below invoice before I pull the trigger. I still like my old M45 enough to be patient and not over pay for this fast depreciating car. They are way over priced right now.

EMAIL:
    Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:46 PM
    Subject: Your price has dropped

2011 Infiniti
    M37 4dr Sedan RWD
    YOUR OLD PRICE: $500 above invoice including incentives
    YOUR NEW PRICE: $200 below invoice including incentives YOUR PRICE DROP: $700
    We have 2 M56 on the ground without Sport. Both have MSRP of $58,415 (one Liquid Platinum and the other Platinum Graphite).

BTW - I am seeing dealers discount the M37 around $1000-$1500 now but the M56 in still holding at MSRP.

Hope this helps.
    edited May 2010
    Wanted an M56 with moonlight white/wheat with tech and deluxe touring. Apparently Infiniti will not let you order this combination. Cannot figure out why. Presently driving a 2008 M45 with all of the optional packages with this color combo.
  • indemandindemand Member Posts: 14
    Hi Bernster, the deluxe touring package options for the non-sport are stone and java. If you go to the infinitiusa website and try to configure with wheat you will see that they will not let you.
  • humble226humble226 Member Posts: 6
    Just got my M56 Sport fully loaded at $2500 over invoice from MotorWerks in Barrington IL. Not the best deal in the world (compared to some of my previous M45s), but it wasn't MSRP either, so I can live with it. Awesome car and great dealer, much easier to work with than some others in my area. :)
  • luisja2000luisja2000 Member Posts: 14
    Has anybody bought an M37 and what price and state?

Thanks!
    We have sold 20 or so in Texas.

The M37 is now going for about $1000-$2000 off MSRP.
    The M56 is going for MSRP or $500 off (very hard to get right now).
  • dan41dan41 Member Posts: 182
    I was surprised to see a local Infiniti dealership advertise 2011 M37's for just over $5K off MSRP.
  • hellye1hellye1 Member Posts: 23
    what state is that?
  • redbullredbull Member Posts: 26
    Uh, $3,000 below invoice? Dream on, buddy. The dealer isn't going to sell it to you at a loss. I would be surprised if it goes any lower than $200 under - that is a decent deal under any circumstances for a just-released model.

Why do you have the impression that it's slow moving (and fast depreciating)? Where I live in the SF bay area, they can't keep them in stock.

Overpriced? It's actually priced very well compared to the 5 series and E350 for what you get. Perhaps you should do some more research....
  • kkoshkinkkoshkin Member Posts: 9
    Got an email from a Dallas dealer. 3-day sale at $3,000 below MSRP for a 2011 M37. This is an unsolicited email sent to everyone on their list. Sounds like there are deals to be had.
  • dan41dan41 Member Posts: 182
    Herb Chambers in Westborough, Massachusetts. Their ad has been in a Boston newspaper several times recently @ > than 5K off MSRP ( I think around $5200 ). I purchased my 2010 from them and had a very good experience.
  • hellye1hellye1 Member Posts: 23
    Im actually dealing with Herb Chambers of Westborough in getting an M37 from them.
  • scottw58scottw58 Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2010
    Hey Redbull Fool go to USAA and see for yourself.
    http://usaa2.zag.com/main.html?referrer_id=ZUSA200078

You don't need to even register to get their price. I just looked right now. Why would I make this up? You must be a dealer.

2011 M56 is $5,572 off MSRP with these options (what I like)
    Black Obsidian Exterior
    Wheat Leather/Japanese Ash Wood Trim
    Sport Touring Package
    Sport Package
    Carpeted Trunk Mat, Trunk Net and First Aid Kit
    Painted Splash Guards
    Rear Decklid Spoiler

2011 M37 is $5,128 off MSRP with same options above

I said it must be slow moving because USAA sent me an email that the discount was better. Did you even read my post?

I got my G37 for well below invoice. You just don't know the business. I'm just trying to help you all. Oh well, pay what you want. Just glad you don't negotiate for my family. Go ahead and piss away your money.
  • e325rkhe325rkh Member Posts: 71
    Hello. How were you able to configure the car with wheat leather and the sport touring package?
    I just used your USAA link...it came back with a price of $2942 off as a "potential" price reduction. It said nothing about a guaranteed price. Also ran your $5172 off MSRP by a dealer and was told "good luck". I asked about the wheat leather and japanese ash wood trim combo and its not available. If your trying to help try telling the truth.
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    I just build M37 with a MSRP of $56,415 and that USAA had it for $51,937 in my zip code savings of $4,478 it maybe what zip code you are from..
    on the M56 it was a savings of $4,949 MSRP $64,715 there price $59,766 use my zip 08016
  • svhustlersvhustler Member Posts: 17
    Hey ScottW58,

What zip code did you use when configuring that quote?
    I just sent out a email to a dealership without using USAA on a M37 black with java prem pack, and delux tour msrp of $56,775 he sent me back a quote of $52,500 within 7min..that is a saving of $4275 off the MSRP
  • daviddamore1daviddamore1 Member Posts: 4
    I'm finalizing a deal on a M37x with Premium package (roughly 53k, discounted to 49k).
    It's a 39 mo. lease with 18k miles per year. I'm out of pocket for the 1st mo., bank fee, acquisiton fee and dmv. (About 2k) I'm a current owner so they are giving me 1K owner loyalty. I'm also giving up 6k worth of MSDs. The lease rate is $620 including NJ taxes. Curious what people think about the deal....
    I read this message a while back as well and checked out the pricing. The big caveat is that it has to be an in stock vehicle. This might work well for the 37 with many other considerations. Infiniti will adjust the inventory early on to keep the pricing higher. They will succomb at some point. At last check USAA had information on a total of 6 sales on the 56, so their pricing is purely speculative. I am also not sure if they factor in a discount on the new car commensurate with an equal discount on the trade. Just don'tjknow. I've already ordered mine so it no longer matters to me. Time of the day, month, year will mostly determine how you might steal this car. In the end I want the dealer to make a profit and have a working relationship should something go wrong. That's just me. So somewhere in between, to me is the ideal situation.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    bank fee and aquisition fee should be rolled into the lease...don't pay it up front.
  • pedro45pedro45 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2010
    As much as ScottW may have a serious attitude problem, he does provide useful information...even if you might doubt whether he is telling the truth. He certainly is not here to make any friends. That is clear.

That being said, the comments of InDemand make me shake my head. I am here to tell you that I want to negotiate the LOWEST deal possible. If I negotiate a GREAT deal and the dealer treats me poorly during the paperwork and/or when I bring it in for service, then shame on them. Just as I am not forced to buy at a high price, nobody forces any dealer to sell at a very low price.

It seems ludicrous for somebody to say: I want us all to be happy and will gladly pay hundreds or thousands more than I need to, so the dealer or salesperson will like me and treat me well. Remember, any good deal is not the best deal.

Should many of us feel ashamed for saving hundreds or thousands more than others...I say not in the least.
    Pedro45, the dealers are in the business of making money not simply turning inventory over. If they don’t make money they cannot support their customers. My suggestion that a deal be fair for all parties is not the same thing as saying you should pay thousands more. You and everyone else should pay exactly no more than you are willing to pay and the dealer will except, or move on. My message came after someone stating $3K under invoice pricing was not going to happen. If it does, well then this model has tanked and will be a loss leader for the dealer.

The real point of my reply regarded the USAA, Zag, True Car pricing. I read ScottW’s messages and had no problem with them. I found his post intriguing. I went to the True Car, USAA, Zag site and confirmed exactly what he stated. However, this just seemed too good to be true. So I began plugging in other car models and came to the conclusion that their pricing on the M56 was unrealistic. Their computer generated pricing defaults to very optimistic when there are insufficient sales data, not to mention inventory. I can configure whatever I want on their site but since the model I just configured doesn’t even exist I can’t buy it anyway.
    I am a member of USAA - I also am a preferred dealer on the USAA website. I am also the person who gives the prices I'm willing to do to Zag who powers the USAA, AMEX, Overstock, etc. websites.

This is one of the best lead sources we have - strong customers with good credit; however, it is not perfect and can be a tad misleading at times.

The "Target Price" given to a customer is just that - an expected price, a ballpark. The is a small "i" next to the word "Target Price" - if you mouse on the small box, it opens a window to define - "Target Price". Not an exact price.

Next, many of the vehicles are not EXACTLY configured as a customer may build on one of these sites, the car may have a mat, or tint, or pinstripe - once these items are billed to a vehicle, they cannot just disappear - so the dealers price may be a tad higher there too. Infiniti charges most dealers (depends on state in which they do business) a Warranty Supplement Charge - this too is not reflected on the USAA site - it runs around $150 (again depending on the state).

Next - the price give on the site does assume you are taking the dealer cash option and not special rates or leasing.

Zag polls different dealers around the US - takes their prices and averages them, and from what I can tell throws out the higher price dealers and puts these awesome prices on-line. Customer comes into local dealer and gets mad when the prices don't line up exactly. Well, what some small town guy in Oregon is selling Infinitis for may not match what they are selling for in Texas, then you got the Warranty Supplement not factored in, then you got vehicles that may have more equipment then what the customer built - next thing you know the dealer is charging $740 more than what the site said and distrust creeps in!!

Zag/USAA needs to be more regional, they need to add choices for after-market products, they need to add in the Warranty Supplement - then when a customer builds a vehicle at home to match the one they saw at the dealership - the price matches and everyone is happy! The vehicles are worth what the dealership is selling them for but doubt arrives when the customer reads they should get it cheaper.

All that said - we sell about 30% of the leads we get from Zag/USAA/AMEX - this is the highest closing ratio of all our lead providers - by the way we (the dealers) pay Zag, etc a monthly fee - so we (the dealers) are the customers of Zag/USAA - crazy!

Hope this helps.

PS The M prices are a bit screwed up because some lazy dealers never changed their pricing from the 2010 M's - so you got some dealers saying they will take $6000 off while some are saying they will take $1000 off - Zag figures the average - and you get an unrealistic "Target Price" - this helps no one! Just causes more distrust between consumer and dealer. :(

PSS No way to get $5000 off an M56, lucky to find one and get a discount at all right now.
    Here is a May recap of one dealer (of 180+) located in Texas.

Keep in mind the numbers below are Averages! So, some customers paid more, some less, some were VPP, some bought after-market accessories, some had trade-ins, etc.

Sold 15 M37 at an average of $2130 over invoice.
    Sold 4 M56 at an average of $3503 over invoice.

The prices on the M37 are coming down, Infiniti is still not giving any money on them but will continue to have the 2.9% (up to 60) or 3.9% (up to 72) as an incentive to purchase. The leases are strong and there is $1000 Loyalty Rebate IF you have an Infinti and lease the new one.

Hope this helps. I expect the June numbers to be about $500-$700 less. :(
    Now I have a question for you. Take the G, which is Infiniti's best seller and assume you get many sales on this model from Zag. They state you can get $5k off an M56, a car you can currently get a premium on. You have a relationship with Zag and they state this is the right price from your dealership. You don't want to lose the sales leads. Do you honor the price or do you not? Zag states they want feedback if you do not with "assumed" repercussions. They state all of their dealers subscribe to this new method. Can't argue with their methodology/reasoning but it just isn't the way the system typically works today in a non-Saturn world.

On another note, does the infiniti lease rate specials advertised on their website apply to all models or just the particular build up as stated? Or, what can we extrapolate from these specials?

Thanks
    Confusing! I went to the USAA site (as a member) and priced out an M37 with the options on the car I want in my local dealer's lot. USAA gives me three relatively local dealers with three different prices....and my local dealer (not identified by name, but there is only one dealer 2 miles from my house) is a USAA dealer with a price. Are you suggesting that price has no validity and my dealer doesn't have to honor it? That's bait and switch in my book....and I'm sure in USAA's book.

Yes, of course you have to price out your exact car with options on the USAA site, but the price that comes up for a dealer should be the price you pay.

I can understand the USAA price not being valid for leases...IF there is marketing money or rebates of some sort on a purchase that don't apply to a lease. In the case of the M37, there is no money on either right now...in fact the capitalized lease price should be $1000 less than the USAA purchase price for a current infiniti customer.

If you are adding "warranty supplemental cost" and it's not on the car sticker, then I would personally walk out....because that would seem to me to be a form of bait with a low price and then switch prices....but that's between you and your customers.
    You'd walk out over a $150 "warranty supplemental cost" on a $50,000 car? For $150 I think I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Its not worth the hassle of negotiating. I guess we should assume insurance companies like USAA dont ever make mistakes. They make promises of great service ...then guess what happens. they become an adversary not an ally. I think we should remember that an insurance company hits you with high premiums and always tries to lowball your claim if you have an accident. That would make them an expert on the bait and switch. There not coming from a position of trust in the business world so I certainly am not going to be one that relies on them for pricing. You yourself said they gave you 3 different prices on the same car. Another thing....who cares about the sticker price? I've always gotten better deals negotiating from the invoice. All you need to get a good deal is invoice price and patience. Dealer charges for tint, stripes etc are generally minimal and if there is a reasonable explanation and price for those items and I want them what the heck...its easier than going around and spending my time getting them done myself. Just 2 cents.
    No, we do not - we point out that USAA is showing a "Target Price". We then give them our Zag representative contact information if they get upset.

Lease rate or money factor depends on credit - they are assuming that you have perfect credit. There is also a disclaimer on those ads that say "dealers participation may vary". :(
    Again the problem with USAA/Zag is they are NOT listing the price I (the dealer, the customer to them - I pay them money) that I want!!!

When I price a car on AutoTrader.com or Cars.com - they put the price I list - not USAA/Zag - they put the price they think is fair based on what all the dealers input and averages....this causes problems between the dealers and the customer. Of course, the customer wants the lower price and the dealer is the "bad" guy. :(

We should "fire" USAA/Zag but the leads are so good and as you know we are greedy - so we are trying to "work" through it right now - it is better than it was a few months ago. :)

We do not add "warranty supplement" when we do normal negotiations because we start at MSRP and discount, but with USAA - the customer wants to build the car but they leave off options that are on the actual invoice and this is one of the items on the invoice. USAA can't put that item on their program because the cost is different for the same option (Warr Supp) depending on the state. It is messed up, but not the dealers fault.... :(
    Here in Phoenix, Arizona I have spoken to two separate dealers willing to sell an M56 at only $250 above invoice pricing as stated on USAA for this zip code (85041). M37's are going for invoice.
    edited June 2010
    Perhaps we are talking about two different USAA's. The one I am using asks for my zip code, then I select the car I want with the features I want and the USAA site gives me the three closest dealers with different prices. I don't think USAA is making those prices up!!! It's not an "invoice" plus price....it's a price for the car including dealer marketing contribution, dealer warranty contribution, regional price adjustments and all that gorp. The only adders are features that are on the car that aren't included in the USAA price (e.g. special protection packages and other pure profit items tacked on by unscrupulous dealers) or administrative fees.

Why don't you add in the dealer marketing contribution to the USAA price or a dealer prep fee (in addition to the administrative fee).

So yes, I'd walk over $150 on a $50,000 car...not for the $150, but it would tell me what to expect from their service department. Oh, that's not covered under warranty! your warranty will be void if you don't buy our full recommended services! We add additives during our oil changes! and we prefer that you send your wife in with the car for service so we can sell her air filters :)
  • crazyyakoocrazyyakoo Member Posts: 13
    daviddamore1 - that sounds like a pretty good deal, especially for the 18k miles. Do you know what MF and residual they are using for the 39mo lease? I've seen quotes for 15/36 months at around $700 a month

So is the $49k before the $1k owner loyalty? Meaning you're actually only paying $48k for the car?

May I ask which dealer in NJ you've been working with?

Thanks for the post
    So yes, I'd walk over $150 on a $50,000 car...not for the $150, but it would tell me what to expect from their service department. Oh, that's not covered under warranty! your warranty will be void if you don't buy our full recommended services! We add additives during our oil changes! and we prefer that you send your wife in with the car for service so we can sell her air filters

Wow, You have had a rough time at dealers. I've never had that happen to me at an Infiniti dealer (yet). I have an Infiniti now that I get serviced where I want, Just keep the reciepts. Ive been told that that is all that is needed to remain under warranty. My point again about the warranty supplement of $150 is that just because USAA doesnt list it doesnt mean it doesnt exist. I wonder how many times USAA tells a customer " that's not covered" or "Your policy price is going up" for no reason or "we dont pay that price for repair". You trust them to be right about everything and I'm just saying I dont trust insurance companies for anything. They are the kings of the ripoff. The $150 doesnt tell you jack about the service dept. especially since they told you up front.
  • lxrlxr Member Posts: 5
    Good evening everyone. I would like to begin by saying that I found a lot of useful information on this forum and this thread. I just joined and wanted to share my experience since I am finally going to bite the bullet and get my M37x with a Premium package in a couple of days. I live in PA and had a chance to drive both an M37x and an M56x. I left the dealership excited but told them that my target price is 300 over invoice and it's probably to early to offer something like that. They countered with 500 over invoice and I accepted. The whole coversation litterally lasted 1 minute. I told them that I'll pick it up early next week. I know that deals are going to get better but I just don't feel like waiting. The lease numbers did not exactly match my calculations though (but I could be doing something wrong). With Cap cost of 49085 + 595 aquisition fee, etc, a 39 month 15K lease came out to about 680/month including PA sales tax which should normally be 6% but in reality was replaced with a 9% use tax :surprise: That's with 0 down only first month payment + tags at signing. Thanks. Please let me know if something doesn't seem right. It is my first lease (I've always bought before)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    What's the MSRP?

The lease tax in PA is 3% more than the sales tax.. but, they are only taxing the payment and cap reductions... .not the whole car..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cnewhousecnewhouse Member Posts: 20
    Anyone in Florida interested in saving $500 on new M leased or purchased thru July 16? PM me if interested.
  • pedro45pedro45 Member Posts: 17
    Congrats on your new car and excellent deal. I too would like to know the MSRP on the car. A cap cost of $49,085, paying 500 over invoice, would seem to indicate more options than the Premium package alone, but I am not sure.

Also, could you share the dealership and location in PA? I am in the Philly area but more than willing to travel up to 400 miles to get the right deal when I am ready....which may be late this year or early next year.
  • magicbus_magicbus_ Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    I just signed on an M37 with sport, sport touring, premium, aero kit, illuminated kick plates, trunk net, tinting, and had the 20" stock wheels chromed for $698 per month with $2200 due at signing (includes first month payment). 39 months and 10k miles per year.

This was in Phoenix, AZ. Great deal?
    edited June 2010
    Not sure about the M37x, but for the 2wd M37 right now, the 36 month lease is much better than the 39 month lease. Did you ask your dealer to run both lease lengths or did you just accept his "39 Months is the best deal"?

If it's not too late, have the dealer run both length leases because they have different money factors and residuals...and, just to be sure, ask to see the rate sheet to verify that he's using the current infiniti rates and not marking them up.

Then add up all the payments you'll make over the life of the lease (first payment plus all the other payments, including taxes. Then divide that number by the length of the lease to get your true cost per month. Finally, pick the lease length that has the lowest cost per month.

You can't guess at the payments or which is better....you have to get the actual numbers from the dealer.

Finally, consider making multiple security deposits. On the lease I'm about to sign for an M37 for 36 mos, I am saving about $2500 by loaning infiniti $5500 for three years. That's a heck of a good return on that $5500.