Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

7 Passenger CUV/SUV under 40K

bthesselbthessel Member Posts: 13
edited July 2014 in Hyundai
OK, so my Odyssey is coming off lease in a few months. No more minivans for us. :). We want a SUV/CUV that has the potential to seat 7 that 1 or two times a year we need it. So far I have narrowed it down to the Tribeca, Veracruz, Pilot, Highlander, Traverse and CX-9. I am leaning toward the Veracruz or the CX-9 since they seem to offer the most luxury for the price. Thoughts?

Comments

• jcpharmjcpharm Member Posts: 92
    Veracruz and CX-9 are both good choices. if you are looking at Traverse, but want more refinement, consider Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia (same Lambda platform). Ford Flex (esp with EcoBoost engine) has gotten good reviews as well but has a boxy-look (not for everyone). i have heard some folks getting reasonable deals on Acura MDX (may want to at least look into it to see if it is in your price range). if you are only going to use the 3rd-row once/twice per year for short trips, don't need lots of cargo space, and value gas mileage, consider the new 2011 Kia Sorento as well as Toyota RAV-4 which have optional 3rd-row seats. happy shopping....it is a fun time to be a buyer for a mid-large-size SUV/CUV right now!
  • bthesselbthessel Member Posts: 13
    I really want a AWD/4WD model which as far as an Acadia goes pretty much puts me over the 40K mark. My other real requirement is for it to have a towing package/hitch. I have a small trailer I like to use when something is too big/too dirty to put inside, like bags of mulch in the spring. I put bags of mulch in my Odyssey last year and it took two weeks to get the smell out. :)
  • jcpharmjcpharm Member Posts: 92
    ok, having heard that, i think it narrows things down to veracruz, cx9, ford flex, pilot, highlander, and traverse. cx9 and flex drive more like cars (car-based crossover), pilot and traverse are more truck-like, and the highlander and veracruz are probably somewhere in between. at that point, it's probably more about options, amenities, and possibly resale value (which are mostly a matter of personal taste). i have a cx9 and love the handling and car-like feel. you will have to test-drive the others to see which suits your needs/taste.
This discussion has been closed.