Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR4 Purchase Help

2»

Comments

• As I call around to get pricing for either 2010 and 2011's, it appears a very tight supply of vehicles exists for the LR4. Very few 2010's are on the lots and 2011's are pre-selling very well. I believe the poor forum communication could be more due to the relatively smaller customer base and low volume's the vehicle is produced in. Best pricing I've found so far is $2000 above invoice via costco pricing. Still trying to find it lower.
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, just arrived in New MexicoPosts: 40,540
    Have you tried getting dealer quotes by email? If they all ignore you, that could be an indication that the dealers aren't hungry.

(there's a link on the main Edmunds page if you want to try it).

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• dandrews1dandrews1 Posts: 184
    For myself, it's because there's no drama to buying one of these. Did my research, walked in, plopped down my deposit, picked up my (factory-ordered) truck. Done.

Just wish it had a few little tweaks to make it perfect.

Diesel
    Diesel (worth mentioning twice)
    Stop-Start
    110v/1000W inverter plug (Like Lexus)
    Terrain in the GPS for offroading (or could be real-time via google, etc if using 3G/4G wireless networking)
    Ability to speak your destination like the latest Garmin handheld GPS's
    Have an optional standard transmission and air suspension delete
    Tire mounted to rear, not underneath
    Ability to sync with bluetooth for contacts, etc on my phone.
    Ability to use the data plan on my phone to pull down traffic, weather, etc. - either wired or bluetooth connection.
    Ability to choose a preferential bluetooth device to mate up to (handy when my wife and I are both in the car, and it gets confused about which phone to hookup the handsfree to.)
    Ability to set the computer to recognize what size tires you have so you don't have a speed / traction issue if running oversized tires.
    Better self-diagnosis in determining if faults are real or a sensor issue. (Like a built-in OBD2 plus plain text explanation.)
2»
This discussion has been closed.