Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Cruise Control Quit

mack1amack1a Member Posts: 5
edited July 2014 in Pontiac
I own an '03 Bonneville SSEI and love it.

During normal driving operations yesterday, I went to re-engage my Cruise Control, by pushing the switch on the Turn Signal Arm, and nothing happened.
I tried turning the CC off, then back on. Shut the vehicle off then started back up. Everything I could think of.
Yes, I checked the fuse, too. It's good, or appears to be. No breaks in it.

I'm at a complete loss here. :confuse:
Help, please!

Comments

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    You're going to need a service manual that shows if there's more than one circuit and more than one fuse involved. You'll need troubleshooting ability unless you get lucky.

In earlier days the cruise control and fourth and overdrive might be disabled if engine were too cold or too hot. Checked your operating temperature and thermostat? Transmission fluid filled?

The AllData versions of these is available at some public libraries. Ours has hundreds of databases we can access from home but that one is only available at terminals within the library because the charge is per terminal, and that would include home computers. I can save to a USB drive or floppy disk or CD any graphic, or html page that I wish to save.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    You are in luck:

http://www.alldatapro.com/alldata/PRO~G~C40073~R0~OD~N/0/89012112/91033179/94695- 388/110535819/34853741/56294057

The demo car for AllData's website is a 2003 Bonneville.

You register on this page after clicking on Demo Center in their choices

http://www.alldata.com/repair/

Then it lets you peruse the Bonneville.

In the electrical diagrams I found a fuse in the rear block, fuse 12, under the rear seat along with one under the hood, fuse 14.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    mack1amack1a Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    Talked to the Dealership yesterday, and they said it was most likely the switch itself.
    But for me, it will be much easier to check that under the rear seat fuse.

Thanks, very much. ;)
This discussion has been closed.