Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Equinox road noise

len79len79 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
Loved my HHR, couldn,t stifle road noise, traded for 2010 Equinox,which is a very nice state of the art cuv except for road noise. Do all unibody/strut suspension /vehicles road roar the same way? I spent a lot of money on the HHR insulationwise, but never got it quiet enough, even after plugging the holes in the floor..

Comments

• laserbluelaserblue Member Posts: 313
    Oh no! I just traded my 2005 Equinox LT for a 2010 HHR 2LT because I was sink and tired about that road noise coming for the struts (and also highway wind noise) and now I read that the HHR is the same? %&^#$%*(&*&
    I thought I could compare it with the Cobalt....it's the same platform and engine, right? And poeple love the Cobalts.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. Can you please email me at socialmedia@gm.com with more information about your concern? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • len79len79 Member Posts: 4
    Us old guys lose the high range of hearing & seem to intensify the low
    stuff, but that doesn,t account for the failure of engineers to produce a
    really quiet car.
    The Accord Crosstour is quieter, but has other shortcomings, as have all
    the other cars I have tested lately. The 09 SRX made a limo out of my
    Equinox,could not believe Cadillac let that pos out the door . New Malibu
    was
    reasonably quiet, but has some serious ergonomic issues.
    Cars have come a long way in the 63 years I ,ve been repairing & playing
    with them & I have come to believe it always boils down to costs of
    production.
    The only reason I traded was for XM & OnStar, my LT1 HHR w/2.4 was a lot
    more fun to whip around these hills than this thing I got now that sits too
    high off the tires ,has a useless roof rack & too much britework. Good car,
    tho.<g
    Now, aren,t you sorry you commented
    Since you had the 2.4 L. engine...how was your "real" mpg? And how was it with highway and mountain driving?
    I'm not a lead foot driver because I prefer putting money in my wallet instead of in my tank.
    I'm always trying to get the maximum economies out of my driving and always loyal to the maintenance done on my car.
    I consider the 2,4 as the best effort GM has ever made---read up on it,s history sometime,that,s what caused me to early order the HHRLT1 w/option 2.4 in place of 2.2. Mileage & performance was always as advertised & I ejoyed handling more than acceleration, but quickly easing into traffic was very important too. The 2,2was sorely lacking in this area.
    .Except for wanting XM & onstar, I would have put another 60K on it .Best fitting & most fun car I ever owned, including my 64 vette custom.------If it had only been a little quieter------
    Thank you for your reply (len79), you are so reassuring with your comments on the HHR. Yes it seems to be a very fun machine to own and drive but that noise problem that I read kind of scared me, but seeing that you adored yours and had no problems makes me feel so good and now I can't wait to get it and bring it home..
    I'm still waiting for it, placed an order on the 8th of march and the dealer said that it must be just around the corner. Could come in any time now within 2 weeks.
    Thanks again.
    Happy trails!
    I almost got a 2010 HHR just for onstar & XM, but it would have cost me almost as much as the Equinox & isn,t as sophisticated. Another strong point:: my short wife likes to be high on the road <g
This discussion has been closed.