Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Rio 2011-2012 Replacement ?

phill1phill1 Member Posts: 319
Now that Kia`s sister company Hyundai has revealed at the Bejing Auto Show in China its new replacement for its aging-dated Accent with the new 2011-2012 Verna,which IMO looks even better then its new 2011 Sonata ,when will Kia announce its plans for its replacement for its Kia Rio? Refreshing and updating is long past, time for a total replacement like Hyundai is doing. Hope KIa also brings back a 5 door hatchback along with the 4 door sedan. I love my 06 Kia Rio5 SX and if Hyundai decides to only offer the 4 door sedan and 3 door hatchback, hopefully Kia will still offer the sporty versatility of the 5 door hatchback which offers the convenience of a small wagon.
Tagged:

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited July 2010
    it has more of the Subaru WRX taillight thing going for it now, not necessarily a good thing. Hard ta tell 'cause ya can't see the whole body shape, so I'll reserve judgement on the makeover for now.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• csandstecsandste Member Posts: 1,866
    Found out that's the present car. Found the exact same shot on another site. Thought the changes looked pretty small.
    so that pic was of the latest Rio bodystyle? That tall looking taillight. Spose it could be. I still haven't seen an '11-'12 Rio bodystyle shot anywhere. Have I?

• himi1himi1 Member Posts: 25
    Here are the very first shots of the next-generation Kia Rio:

http://www.kia-world.net/index.php/2010/08/31/2011-kia-rio-ub-spy-shots/
    masked up pictures are so frustrating to try and distinguish key points on a new automobile, huh?

• phill1phill1 Member Posts: 319
    The picture of the upcoming 2012 Kia Rio both Sedan, 5 Door Hatchback, and possibly 3 Door Hatchback to follow have been posted on Accent Planet. Very much like the pictures of the 2012 Hyundai Accent which was unveiled first in Jan at the Montreal Auto Show in Canada and next in Apr at the NY Auto Show, (BUT) what a big improvement on the rear of the 5 Door Hatchback on the Kia! The upcoming Accent hatch looks like a Fiesta wannabe but the Kia hatch looks IMO super. I think Hyundai will be selling first in North America the Accent so depending how much patience one has, may not be able to wait on the Kia Rio....what a shame!
    latest model of Rio...YouTube video. Beautiful new hatchback Rio from Kia for 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Hu4S7-Gm8&feature=player_detailpage

at the new 2012 Kia Rio hatchback.

edited March 2011
    in white color. Or is not the color of white...color?

The "eco" 2012 Kia Rio will get 73mpg in the U.S.? What?

http://www.thecarblogger.net/2011/03/geneva-2011-2012-kia-rio-ecodynamics.html

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    From all angles but the front, that's really not bad at all, and light years ahead of the current penalty box. It is somewhat European, Fiat-ish in my eyes. Headlights are Asian-freaky and I don't know if the grille translates well to that size of car...but you can't get perfection at that price range :shades:
    I think both the 2012 Kia Rio and its twin sibling the 2012 Hyundai Accent will sell like crazy. I like the rear of the Kia Rio Hatchback much better then the rear of the Hyundai Accent Hatchback which looks too similar IMO to the Fiesta Hatch, however I like the side styling and grill better on the Accent and lack of the Fiesta like small front mini-quarter window. Guess you have to see both in person when they finally arrive and judge which negatives bother you least or which one gets released first and how much of a wait the other will require before it hits the Dealerships. I think the Hyundai Accent Sedan looks the best but I want a Hatchback because its so practical.
  • csandstecsandste Member Posts: 1,866
    If gas prices stay up, I'm giving serious consideration to going to a B-Class car for my next purchase. This looks like one of the best.
    The long term outlook for gasoline prices well probably head towards $5.00@ gallon or Higher! The irrational dip in Fuel prices last Summer during the peak demand driving period was only due to the Oil Refinery Companies artificially keeping prices low due to the Oil Rig collapse and Spill in the Gulf of Mexico, PERIOD! They did not want anymore negativity focused on them at that time that might hurt future deep well oil drilling off shore. I`m going to grab a 2012 Hyundai Accent or Kia Rio Hatchback as soon as they are released. My 2011 Ford Fiesta B-Segment vehicle gets over 35 m.p.g city and an amazing 41 m.p.g. highway with hard driving. I`m sold on the comfort, drivability and fuel economy of B segment size cars.
    dudes. Here is the 2012 Kia Rio hatchback.

phill1...did you buy a 2012 Ford Focus? Any pics you could upload here fer us? :)

iluvmysephia1: I posted that I own a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE hatchback that I`ve had since last July. Nope, no 2012 Ford Focus here. I going for the 2012 Kia Rio5 Hatchback in the Fall when it finally gets launched and retiring my 2006 Kia Rio5 Hatchback that I`ve owned almost 6 years with 67K mileage. Time for a new one!
    edited May 2011
    there was a time that I fancied owning my own 2006 Kia Rio5. Has she treated you well? Obviously well enough ta buy another Kia product, eh?

2012 Kia Rio hatchback in that famously famous CREAM COLOR that
    iluvmysephia1 la-la-loves! YES! Bring it on South Korean dudes!!!!

Or is this simply some sort of Kia white color (come on white isn't a color!!) and not the "cream" white that I might just think I'm seeing? Can anyone splane it fer us?

Whoo-hoo! Get revved up and get excited about something Edmunds members!

SCHWEET-this is the only rig out there that could entice me back to owning a Kia product again

I think I want one of my own. phill1 are you going for the 5-speed stick for your '12 Kia Rio HB? I would think the 5-speed stick would be mandatory.

Host-I would think we could drop the ?-mark and The Centurions at the end of this thread, too, as Kia has confirmed this business with this Rio hatch and a sedan with a similar FE as this, so it's a done deal. I vote fer droppin' the question mark.

First of all, the 2012 Kia Rio Sedan or Rio5 Hatchback is only available in a 6 speed manual transmission I believe or 6 speed automatic. Secondly, the color shown is probably not accurate but an artist rendering. I hope they make available a really nice "expensive" soft/off white colour like Hyundai offers on its Tucson SUV. I personally hate drab Oxford White. Looks cheap like your driving a utility vehicle. I`m myself am not crazy about Kia`s Cream colour either. Sure, its soft but does not look expensive, looks like an old color that Chrysler put on its PT Cruiser and its Chrysler 300. Hope they have a nice light Sea Foam Green or Frosted Glass like Ford is offering on its 2012 Focus. I`m so tired of Black, both Graphite and Silver Grey, and Pure Oxford White. And IMO opinion, you can kill off Shocking Yellow and Anti-Freeze (Apple) Green too unless your under 21 years of age! The 2006 KIa Rio 5 has been an excellent vehicle and with it 5 year 60 K bumper to bumper warranty has cost very little except for usually maintenance and tire/brake replacement. Just 2 lower seat cushion air bag sensors requiring the entire seat cushion being repaced (under warranty) and 2 electrical engine coil replacements @ $300. One under warranty and one paid out of pocket. All in all, great car.
    edited May 2011
    phill1.

I going for the 2012 Kia Rio5 Hatchback in the Fall when it finally gets launched and retiring my 2006 Kia Rio5 Hatchback that I`ve owned almost 6 years with 67K mileage. Time for a new one!

Wow, your 2006 Kia Rio5 HB only had 67K after 6 years! Our 2001 Kia Sportage 4X4, purchased on Sept.29, 2001, and traded in on our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS on March 21, 2007, had about 130,000 miles on it when put in for the Lancer GTS. And a lot of those were gentle highway miles, yes, but nonetheless they were miles. Avondale Mitsubishi of Avondale, AZ, just a few miles west of Phoenix, gave us great trade-in value on our '01 Sportage 4X4, making the '08 Lancer GTS deal really happen for us.

Yeah, the '13 Lancer GTS Hybrid (or standard ICE Lancer GTS for 2013), the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and the 2013 Kia Rio Hatchback are my finalists for futures purchasing for 2013. Of course, I always start by saying that I would want a stick, but in reality, our '08 Lancer GTS has an automatic CVT transmission and we are enjoying it just fine. My son and I are the only people that drive it, I recently just purchased 2 Hankook 215 45R18's for it from Discount Tire in Hayden, ID. Good tires-the new ones went on the back per Discount Tire policy and the 2 older Pirelli's went up to the front. Drives and behaves better now. After another oil change or two I'll want to take a look at the disc brake pads and maybe have brakes done.

Been a great rig, the '08 Lancer GTS. But I will take a good, hard look at the 2013 Kia Rio HB in off-white or cream or polar white (polar white would not be my top choice, indeed) and take one no doubt for a spin here in northern Idaho. 6-speed manual would be preferable over the 6-speed automatic.

You got me confused, you kept making reference to a 2013 Lancer GTS Hybrid or 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander and a 2013 Rio Rio5 Hatchback? I was referring to the upcoming 2012 Kia Rio5 coming out this fall, Sept/Oct 2011. As far as tires go, I ALWAYS replace all 4 at the same time with the same brand,model, and size. Miss matched tires always cause vibration, road noise caused by different tire tread design.
    that's just because 2013 is when I'm gonna start looking in earnest for a new rig. Maybe. The '08 Lancer GTS just passed 70,000 miles. We're probly set for years still without needing ta buy a new rig.

At $200 a pop I decided two was going to do for tires a couple of weeks ago. There is some definite tire whine going on but not that bad. I'll watch the situation like a hawk, though.

Just got a reply from a Kia Motors America "Media" Spokesman about option packages, colors,and prices. Said that might be released sometime this Summer, July-Sept. As of now, (subject to change) they are looking at a Launch date of LATE Oct. 2011. Might have to jump on the new 2012 Ford Focus, not sure if I have the patience to wait that long. As far as its sibling, the new 2012 Hyundai Accent, I`ll pass on that one for sure and might consider the Elantra if I don`t go for another Hatchback.
    edited June 2011
    so we're lookin' at July-August-September 2011 until we find out if Kia is going to offer that creamy off-white color I am digging so much on it?

Then?

2012 Kia Rio hatchback in creamy off-white
    that iluvmysephia1 likes so much

As of now, (subject to change) they are looking at a Launch date of LATE Oct. 2011. Might have to jump on the new 2012 Ford Focus, not sure if I have the patience to wait that long. As far as its sibling, the new 2012 Hyundai Accent, I`ll pass on that one for sure and might consider the Elantra if I don`t go for another Hatchback.

All-righty, then. Hey, phill1...the new 2012 Ford Focus is worthy of our rapt attention, it really is. I have liked that car since I first saw're it. Really. I have.

I`m really confused. You posted your not going to be in the market for a new vehicle for a few years and your quite (excited) if that cream color, Dune Sand will be offered? In several years, even if it is offered in 2012, it probably won`t be offered when your ready to purchase. Perhaps you will then be looking to find and purchase one used, I guess. I actually don`t like that cream color at all. Its on the Kia Soul and a lot of Chrysler products and it just looks old to me. Its not a rich soft elegant white, but an odd yellowish, light tan/beige, IMO.
    And by the way, the artist picture depicting the new 2012 Kia Rio5 Hatchback is (not) a rendering of that cream color Dune Sand. It looks completely different, more like some kind of beige or off white. I do like the color thats depicted in the posting.
  • conwelpicconwelpic Member Posts: 600
    Models:
    Rio – LX, LX+, LX ECO; EX, EX+, EX Luxury
    Accent – L, GL, GLS

Rio advantages:

15” wheels standard (vs 14” L, GL)
    alloys available in 15” LX-E, 16” EX and 17” EX-L (vs 16” GLS)
    electric assist power steering (vs MDPS)
    heated and powers mirrors standard (vs std on GL, GLS)
    turn signals in door mirrors standard on EX series (vs GLS)
    power folder mirrors std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    fog lights std on LX+ (vs GLS)
    automatic headlights std EX series (n/a on Accent)
    rain sensing windshield std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    twin-tip exhaust std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    power moonroof std on EX series (vs GLS)
    heated seats std on LX+ and EX series (vs GLS)
    heated steering wheel std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    leather seats std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    centre console armrest standard (GL, GLS)
    manual a/c std on LX+ and EX series (vs GL, GLS)
    auto climate control standard on EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    cruise control std on LX+ and EX series (vs GL, GLS)
    ISG – idle stop and Go system std LX ECO (n/a on Accent)
    push button ignition with smart key std EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    steering wheel audio control standard (vs GL, GLS)
    satellite radio standard (vs GLS)
    Bluetooth hands free std LX+ and EX series (vs GLS)
    UVO infotainment opt EX, std EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    rear view camera opt EX, std EX-L (n/a on Accent)
    telescopic steering std on EX series (n/a on Accent)
    dual illuminated visor mirrors standard (n/a on Accent)
    cooling glove box std on EX-L (n/a on Accent)

I have the feature specifications for the Canadian Rio 5, but no prices yet. Any questions just fire away.
    Since your comparing the 2012 Kia Rio5 "Canadian" version vs the 2012 Hyundai Accent "Canadian" version. Hard to cross reference anything against US Spec Models. Any news on Color Selection availability? Usually Kia offers a few different colors then the Hyundai line. Still late Oct or Nov launch planned for Canada?
    The Rio 5 in Canada is expected to be launched in September.

Here are the colours for the Canadian Rio 5

Graphite (ABT) **
    Silverstone Beige (FDP) **
    Chestnut Brown (DBS) **
    Deep Blue (BLA) **
    Electronic Blue (FBD) **
    Clear White (UD)
    Bright Silver (3D) *
    Midnight Black (9B) **
    Signal Red (BEG) **
    Caramel Yellow (F2G) **
    How disappointing. Most of these colours are old Kia paint from previous year models. Clear White is just what is states. A White Paint better suited for a Utility Truck or Police vehicle. Even Hyundai offers a luxurious soft "off white" on its Tucson SUV. The trend now is most upscale cars is going away from the old traditional drab ordinary (white) but different hues of creamy white. No offering either of a light metallic Frosted Glass Green like Ford offers on its new Focus either. What happened to the Light Metallic Silver Blue? A dynamic new vehicle like the 2012 Kia Rio5 needs a few non traditional colors besides, Dark Grey, Silver Grey, Utility White,Black, Dark Blue,Electric Blue, and Beige. Guess I will have to pick from one of the above since I love the looks of this car regardless. A Stand Out vehicle deserves a few non traditional Stand Out Paint Colors too.
    edited July 2011
    all the colours with a ** are pearl Metallic, * metallic. With the exception of Clear White, Midnight Black, Signal Red all the other colours are new to the Canadian market for the 2012 Rio. Don't forget in the US they tend to not use the same colour name descriptions as we do in Canada and not necessary all the same colours.
    There are three new colours on the 2012 Soul "saddle brown" (pearl metallic); "Misty Green" (metallic); "Olive Green" (metallic).

I presume you are from the US as you have not filled out your location in your profile.
    Your correct, I`m located down at the "end of the road" in Key West, FL 90 miles from Cuba, which curiously Canadians can visit but American citizens cannot unless they are Cuban and have relatives living on the Island, but thats another matter. I won`t go (there) because the "politics" of the matter really irritates me to no end. That said, on the matter of the Color availability for the upcoming new 2012 Kia Rio, I do realize that Canada often gets different model trim, content, and colors that the US never has access to. Using the color names you provided, a Google searched showed most have already appeared on previous US version Kia`s. I might be wrong, hopefully I am. I really was looking forward to a (White) Rio5, but it appears its going to be the same boring utility white that Kia has used before. I`ll have to find another color selection. I`m personally really tired of Black, Dark Grey and Silver Grey which are the top selling colors of (every) brand vehicle as well as some shade of White. Oh well, the car still looks fabulous.
    edited July 2011
    here's a one page summary of the main features of the 2012 Rio 5 for Canada. MSRP has not yet been announced.

close. This one blows the socks off of anything else in it's size range. The Ford Fiesta is the closest serious competitor, I would think, and the Mazda 2. But this one looks the best, can't wait to see one in person here in Idaho!

LX MT - $14,095
    LX AT - $15,395
    LX+ MT - $15,395
    LX+AT - $16,895
    LX ECO AT - $17,695

EX MT - $16,995
    EX MT w/UVO - $17,495
    EX AT - $18,295
    EX AT w/UVO - $18,795
    EX Luxury AT - $20,795

the base LX models starts off at the same MSRP as the 2011 model, auto $100 more
    Looks like Canada is going to get its 2012 Kia Rio5 earlier then Kia USA. kia/media.com has no information on either trim level, options, or prices. Either they are waiting till the last moment to release the details or its going to be late Fall or Winter for US residents. Local Kia Dealerships said they have received (no) advance media materials and are still taking delivery of 2011 Kia Rio`s being dropped off by car carriers. You would think that Kia Canada and Kia USA despite having some trim & color differences and prices would be rolling out this highly anticipated Model about the same time, guess that does`nt appear to be the case.
    don't feel so bad, Kia Canada has not posted any of this on their website either, looking at their website you wouldn't even know there was a new model coming out.
    conwelpic, Well safe to say that your (source) for all your "classified" information must be kept secret. Assuming your Canadian, I`m not sure if you would be eligible to get into the US Justice Department`s, "Witness Protection Program" and secretly given a new identity and living location. Maybe Canada has a similar program. Guess us American`s, if we survive the current "Debt Ceiling Crisis", will just have to be patient and await Kia Motors America to reveal specifications,option packages, and prices of (our) version of the 2012 Kia Rio5 whenever they decide to do so. The 2012 Hyundai Accent is going to be a "hard sell" once it`s sibling, the Kia Rio5 finally arrives. Hyundai aught to start rebates and low cost financing immediately (before) Kia launches its new 2012 Rio, IMO.
    Yes I'm Canadian :)

here is the one page summary I did earlier but with the MSRP now shown.

Say It`s Not So! Only "Black" Cloth Interior? No Beige/Tan Cloth Option? The following (colours) would look much better IMO with Tan/Beige Cloth Interior.
    1. Silverstone Beige 2. Deep Blue 3. Clear White 4. Midnight Black 5. Signal Red.
    Even the stripped down US version of the Hyundai GLS Sedan offers Beige/Tan Cloth Interior Option although for some odd reason, the Hyundai Accent 5 door Hatchback only offers 2 tone Charcoal Grey or Black Cloth. If one, (like myself) does not want Black Cloth Interior, guess we will be forced whether we like it or not to upgrade to the Leather Interior Option and all the bells and whistles that go with it. I DO NOT want a built in Navigation system which will add over $1000 additional cost, as my portable Garmin GPS works fine and can be removed and transfered to another vehicle and it only costs $80. Maybe the US version will have a Beige/Cloth Interior Option, I hope!
    don't judge this has being the same for the US, you get more interior colours choices that we do in Canada. The 2012 Accent in Canada only comes with black cloth interior.

I use a Garmin, so can't see any reason for Nav in any vehicle I would purchase. You notice that no NAV is offered on the Canadian model.
    edited July 2011
    At the New York International Auto Show held in April of this year, Kia Motors America
    announced a limited amount of content information. On the US version of the 2012 Kia Rio5, our top trim model labeled "SX" will have two different trim level packages to choose from. The convenience package containing most of the expected upgraded option you would expect on their highest (tier) vehicle that contains the UVO system. Upgrading even further is the addition of the Luxurious package which will replace the UVO system with a navigation system replacing the UVO and also add push button smart key start, Leather Trim Seats, Heated Front Seat, (like you need that here in Florida), and Power Moonroof. It looks like for the US, you can`t get the Moonroof unless you purchase the (works). Guess we will have to wait a while longer before they release exact package configurations, color combinations, and prices for the USA market.
    PS: The other 2012 Kia Rio5 Trim Levels in the US will be LX, followed by EX and upgraded to the top level, SX.
    Just received some reliable information from a spokesperson from Kia Media Relations that information regarding the upcoming US version of the 2012 Kia Rio and Rio5 including Trim Levels, Option Packages, Interior and Exterior Color Combinations as well as tentative "launch" Prices will be released and posted Aug 15 or Aug 16. The wait is almost over!
    do you know if the US 2012 Soul info will be released at the same time?
  • hcalcathcalcat Member Posts: 30
    "The 2012 Hyundai Accent is going to be a "hard sell" once it`s sibling, the Kia Rio5 finally arrives. Hyundai aught to start rebates and low cost financing immediately (before) Kia launches its new 2012 Rio, IMO."

Did you think the extra features and stuff in the Rio5 was going to be included (for free) or come cheap (relative to the Accent)? Seems that the Rio5 is going to cost at least as much as the 2012 Accent 5. For the 2012 Rio5 EX AT, the price in Canadian dollars is $18,295 plus $1155 for destination & delivery, $100 excise tax and $150-$200 for any color other than white. A top of the line 2012 Accent 5 SE auto has a MSRP in US dollars of $17,555 including D & D. Granted, the Rio5 EX has a sunroof, leather and LEDs but are they worth an extra 2 grand? Also, there isn't much margin in the invoice versus MSRP so there will not be much wiggle room until supply catches up with the pent up demand. Bottom line is that both will sell well and it be a matter of how much you want to spend, dealer location, and features desired.

I opted for the Accent 5 SE auto and am happy with my choice. I got a good deal considering it was the first (of only 2) SE received at my dealership. I got it for MSRP and they threw in the iPod cable and floor mats, 2 fill-ups, and free first service.
    I understand your point, with (3) different Trim Levels of the 2012 Kia Rio5, LX, EX, and SX with lots of options packages that one will be able to choose from, I`m sure there will something for (everyone) depending on how much car they want and how much they are willing to spend. Thats always the case. IMO, the exterior styling of the 2012 Kia Rio is infinitely nicer, and no so much Ford Fiesta like, but again, beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder. At least Kia is offering in its Rio and Rio5 line up with lots more choices then Hyundai has offered on its version of its Accent. I also agree that margins will be very slim and until inventory catches up with demand, MSRP without all the usual Dealer add on options like fabric guard, paint sealants, window etching, and the usual Dealer Fee`s, will be the best deal one can expect to negotiate unless you have a (family member) in the business at a Kia Dealership.
    I was curious as to how the Rio 5 compared to the Accent, now we have the prices (Canadian), here's what I found: (there is no SE model on the Canadian Accent lineup)

2012 Rio 5 LX ($14,095) vs 2012 Accent L ($13,599)
    What do you get for the extra $496 in the Rio?
    15” steel wheels with full wheel covers (vs 14” on Accent)
    power windows (GL on Accent)
    steering wheel audio controls (GL on Accent)
    sunglass holder (GL on Accent)
    illuminated vanity mirrors (n/a on Accent)
    power heated sideview mirrors (GL on Accent)
    satellite radio (GLS on Accent)
    front and rear mud flaps (dealer option on Accent)

2012 Rio 5 LX+ ($15,595) vs 2012 Accent GL ($15,399)
    What do you get for the extra $196 in the Rio?
    15” steel wheels with covers (vs 14” on Accent)
    satellite radio (GLS on Accent)
    fog lamps (GLS on Accent)
    heated front seats (GLS on Accent)
    Bluetooth hands-free (GLS on Accent)
    front and rear mud flaps (dealer option on Accent)

2012 Rio 5 EX ($16,995) vs 2012 Accent GLS ($17,199)
    What do you get for $204 less in the Rio?
    power folding sideview mirrors (n/a on Accent)
    telescopic steering (n/a on Accent)

also available Rio 5 EX at $17,495 (at $296 more than the GLS)
    UVO audio infotainment (n/a on Accent)
    rearview camera (n/a on Accent)
    auto headlights (n/a on Accent)

2012 Rio 5 EX Luxury AT ($20,795) vs 2012 Accent GLS AT ($18,399)
    What do you get for $2,396 extra in the Rio?
    17” alloys
    larger brakes
    sport-tune suspension
    twin-tip muffler
    smart key
    push button ignition
    heated steering wheel
    supervision cluster
    cooling glove box
    luggage net and tray
    leather seats
    alloy sport pedals
    fully automatic climate control
    rain-sensing windshield
    UVO audio infotainment
    rearview camera
    projection headlights
    LED positioning lights
    LED taillights
    UV-reducing solar glass
    power folding sideview mirrors
    telescopic steering
  • hcalcathcalcat Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2011
    The feature sets available on the 2012 Rio5 are really amazing and seem like a good value if you are willing to pay the price. Are start-stop and the eco mode included in all the models? Prices seem like a great bargain until you realize that D&D at $1155 and excise tax at $100 have to added to MSRP. Still a bargain though for all that you get. Can't believe that Hyundai would let its little sibling, Kia, undercut and outshine it too much. ;-)

My 2012 Accent SE (5 dr) is closest to your Rio LX minus the heated front seats, illuminated vanity mirrors and mud flaps but plus 16" alloys and a leather wrapped steering wheel. It also is comparable to you 2012 Accent GLS.
    see my entry at #35 & #39 for price and model breakdown, you will see there is only one model that is ISG Eco. D&D is $1455, not $1155, but its all relative as for the Accent its $1495.
    Every vehicle in Canada has to pay the $100 excise tax if you have a/c.
    edited August 2011
    What a riot. The Canadian Government or is it the Province of Quebec charges an extra $100. excise tax for A/C? Like its does`nt get hot in Montreal in the Summer? Sure your heat waves don`t last for months like here in Florida but I remember visiting Montreal for weeks at a time in both July and Aug when the temperatures were near 100 F` or over with (high humidity) as well. Guess its their way of collecting a "sin or luxury" tax. Wonder if your Politicians in Ottawa have A/C in their Government provided vehicles? Was that $100 tax for A/C waived or did the Canadian Tax Payers foot the bill? I`m flying up to Montreal for a week long Holiday the last week of Aug to get my fill of Smoked Meat, Poutine. and both Laurentide & Molson Export Biere. I by the way haven`t watched a Washington Nationals Baseball game since the Expo`s left town. I was there at Olympic Stadium for the last home game series the Expo`s played against the Florida Marlins who wept the series. For those that care, your former Expo`s Owner Jeff Lauria who now owns the Florida Marlins is still the same low-life as he was when he owned the Expo`s. The City of Miami rewarded him by building a 400 million dollar enclosed Baseball Stadium which the city is almost in Bankruptcy over, due to his threat to relocate his Team elsewhere. They hardly ever get 7000 per game anyway where most Triple AAA Franchise`s draws a larger fan base. I apologize for going (off) topic!
    the $100 excise tax is a federal government charge.