Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2006 TL Nav Package with 70k?

kaushal98kaushal98 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Acura
Hi All,

I'm in the market for used TL. I found this TL with nav package and everything but it has 70k miles. That's a bit higher than what I was looking for (55k or less).

However, the price is about 18k at an acura dealer w/o any negotiations yet. It is car fax one owner and no accidents. It will be Acura CPO and comes with 100k/7yrs power train warranty.

Is this a good buy? I like everything about it except the high miles. I just don't want any major maintenance in next couple of years, that's why I'm kind of hesitant.

Does this sound like a good buy? Or will it have a lot of maintenance on it. The dealer just replaced the tires and brakes yesterday.

I'll appreciate any help in making the decision.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    The problem with buying a used car from a dealer is that you have no idea how it was driven. Therefore, after the warranty expires it's more of a role of the dice than a car purchased from someone you know, for example. I wouldn't shy away from this car because of the mileage, though, because that isn't high mileage for a TL. Of course, the price you pay should reflect the mileage.
  • Options
    trailhikertrailhiker Member Posts: 26
    I have a 2008 TL and the Acura dealer had to replace the assembly that has the HFL Microphone, Map Lights and HomeLink. Since replacing that assembly, whenever I am using the HFL, the person on the other end complains it sounds like I am driving with the windows down there is so much road noise. This did not occur before they replaced the module. When I come to a stop at a stop light, the road noise completely goes away and comes back as soon as I start to accelerate again and gets worse the faster the car goes. I do not find any Microphone sensitivity adjustments documented in the manual. I am certain the problem started after they replaced this assembly. Has anyone experienced this road noise problem and do you know if there is an adjustment for the Microphone?
  • Options
    @hpmctorque, Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's true. bought the car, and I think the price is significantly lower than kbb and edmunds TMV. The dealer also replaced the tires and brakes. :)
  • Options
    hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    Congratulations! Good luck with it.
  • Options
    Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.