Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Volkswagen Golf Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey hpowders. I've seen .00021 and 52% for all 4-door Golf models with 36-months and 10,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • maggie49maggie49 Member Posts: 1
    hello - I would like to know where this information came from, because my dealer quoted me .00021 and 52% (on a 4 door Golf Automatic 2012 with sunroof & convenience package) BUT I don't believe him based on what you had written (.00014 & 53%)

Can you help me or provide your source of knowledge?

I already tried contacting VW Credit directly.

Thanks!!!
    Hi maggie49. The numbers that you were quoted are correct for June. You may have been looking at a post with old information. Manufacturers change their programs from month to month.

Car_man
    Host
  • trmiamitrmiami Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man!

can you please tell me if there are any dealer incentives (i.e.: cash back, rebate, loyalty, etc.) this month for either a Golf TDI or Jetta Sportwagen TDI?

I am about to pull the trigger on purchasing one with financing from my local credit union (or the other...comes down to available color), but want to make sure I am not missing out. Thanks!
    Hi trmiami. Volkswagen typically does not provide any cash incentives on TDI models and unfortunately this month is not an exception.

Car_man
    Host
  • chad75chad75 Member Posts: 109
    Are there any lease specs available for the Golf R? Specifically, the 4-door with sunroof/nav., 10-12k miles/year, 36-month? This would be for the southwest Florida area, 33901.

Thank you!
  • vhill33vhill33 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Guy,

I'm interested in a 2012 4 dr Golf. Just the basics. On the VW main site it says priced from $19795 (not including $770 dest charge). Can I order this car without all of the extras you find from a car already on the lot or are those easy to negotiate down? If I can order it, how long should I expect to wait? Also are there any dealer or manufacturer incentives/rebates?

I'm looking to lease - 12K or 10k miles and a 36 month or longer lease. I'm trying to stay under $250. Is this possible? If so, do I need to put money down to stay in that range? What is the money factor and residual on this car for Santa Monica/Los Angeles?

Thanks!

Vanessa
    Yes, chad75. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf R with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Vanessa. You may be able to find a dealer that will order you a stripped 4-Dr Golf, but there might be a few fairly basic ones out there on dealer lots already.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf 4-Dr with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The MSRP of a fairly stripped 2012 Golf 4-Dr with an automatic transmission is $20,565 and its dealer invoice price is $19,773. Let's say that you were able to negotiate a selling price of around $19,500. Using these numbers, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $259.

Car_man
    Host
  • scott_chambersscott_chambers Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the July 2012 lease parameters for a 2013 2-door TDI? The residual appears to have risen from the 2012 model according to the dealer (52 to 56%?). Any incentives available? What money factor is being used for the 2013 model in July? Thanks
  • billdctbilldct Member Posts: 38
    Could you tell me the current (Sep 2012) residual and money factor on 2012 and 2013 Golf R? It would be for a 4 door version if that matters and 3 years and 36000 miles. My guess is that the money factor is probably not very attractive. I am in CT if there are any regional promotions. Also do you know if there are any incentives offered? Thank you for the help.
    I'd be happy to help you out, billdct. Wow, expensive car, but a nice one :). Your guess about the money factors not being great was spot on.

Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Golf R with 12,000 miles per year are .00157 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00157 and 59%.

Volkswagen is providing cash incentives on Golfs right now, just not on the R.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the numbers. I guess there is not a Golf R in my future..........too expensive. Thanks again for the help.
    You're absolutely right, billdct. The R is a sweet car, but for probably $500 or so per month that's just too much money.

Car_man
    Host
  • chinoischaichinoischai Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

I am new here so I apologize if you guys have covered this already. Read some old threads and didn't find the answer.

So I'm looking to lease a 2012/2013 Golf. VW is offering their big, sign and drive event with 0 down, 0 deposit and $240 a month for manual. Is that a good deal for a VW? This will be the first time I'm leasing a VW car.

I'm wondering if there is typically negotiation room for these specials? Or are they pretty much set? I've been asking the dealers about the money factor and residual value w/o mentioning the special. Thanks!
    Welcome chinoischai. Manufacturers' advertised leases are usually decent deals, however they usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak as well. Savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are often able to beat manufacturers' advertised leases by negotiating lower selling pries.

Car_man
    Host
  • jodarojodaro Member Posts: 9
    Specs:
    2012 Golf TDI 4dr
    Tech Package
    DSG transmission
    Options: Mat kit, first aid kit
    MSRP: $30,505 (Edmunds says $30,480)
    Invoice: $29,242
    My Price: $28,995

3yr 36k mi lease:
    Down: $2500
    Payment: $391 + tax = $425

Dealer gave me $17,692 for the residual (.57) and .00225 money factor. My payment calculation came out a little bit lower when I plugged everything in to my spreadsheet so maybe I'm missing a variable somewhere.

Thoughts?
    edited December 2012
    Actually .58 for the residual and its a 2013. But ... anyone? Potentially getting this this weekend and I'd love to know if this sounds reasonable.
  • bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    Car Man,

Now I need to know the lease numbers (residuals and MF's) for a 36/42 month lease on the following for 10K miles/yr in NY for the month of Jan.

-Golf R Base
    -Golf R w/Nav& Sunroof

Thank you so much...

Bo
    Hi Bo. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual vale for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Golf R with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00170 and 54%.

The addition of Navigation and Sunroof have not impact on this car's lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • gpg7gpg7 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    car_man, I am looking at a 2013 4-door Golf automatic with convenience and sunroof. Can you tell me what the March money factor and residual % should be on a 36 month lease? Thank you!
    Hi gpg7. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Golf 4-Door with Convenience, Sunroof and Automatic with 15,000 miles per year are .00018 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • aicarmicaicarmic Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Hi car_man,
    I was wondering if you could help by providing a reasonable MF & Residual on a 2013 Golf 4DR TDI w/ Tech PKG for a 36mo lease.

Here's the numbers I got without starting any negotiating:

MSRP: $29,725 (per Edmunds)
    CAP Cost: $29,630
    Residual: $17,222.80 (58%)

Based on these values I calculated the MF to be around .00209 which they claimed was assuming top credit tier. Thanks in advance!!

-aicarmic
  • bada_bingbada_bing Member Posts: 105
    edited April 2013
    Car_man,
    I would like to know the current lease terms (residual and MF) for a 36 month/12K mile per year lease on the Golf R (4-door) w/Nav & Sunroof package. Thank you!
    Hi aicarmic. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Golf 4DR TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I provided you with the 39-month numbers instead of 36-month because that's the term that VW is pushing this month.

As an added bonus, Diesel models are now eligible for Volkswagen's popular "Sign Then Drive" sales event, where your first month's payment will be waived on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for bada_bing. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Golf R with 12,000 miles per year are .00142 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I gave you the 39-month numbers instead of the 36-month numbers because that's the term that VW is pushing right now. Keep in mind that VW is waiving the first month's payment on all leases this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • aicarmicaicarmic Member Posts: 2
    Thanks car_man!
    For everyone that's interested, I ended up getting a lease for 36 months on a 2013 TDI w/ tech at these numbers:

mileage: 15,000 / year
    money factor: 0.00148
    residual: 54%

-aicarmic
  • bada_bingbada_bing Member Posts: 105
    Thank you Car_man. The residual on the Golf R is not terrible but combined with the unsubsidized money factor, I arrive at a lease payment of $440-450/mo (9% CA use tax included) on a 39 month/12K mile per year lease with zero cap reduction and assuming a healthy $4,000 discount which is perhaps overly optimistic. Sounds like a less than great lease deal. Perhaps I will explore a purchase option if dealers start offering crazy discounts to clear the glut of Golf R's.
    You're very welcome aicarmic.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,

Looking at picking up a Golf TDI 4 Door Tech Pkg DSG very soon. Can you tell me the current residual and money factor? Planning on a 36 month/12k miles per year lease.

Thanks!

Josh
    Hey Josh. Through July 8th, VW Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Golf TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you!
    You're very welcome jodaro.

Car_man
    Host
  • xptp29axptp29a Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am interested in leasing a 2013 Golf 4 Door DSG TDI at 36 months/12,000 miles per year. Would you please provide me with the current money factor and residual?

Thanks!
  • ubusetubuset Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

I'm pretty new to leasing a car. I wanted to get your thoughts on whether this is a good deal or not? Thank you in advance for you help! :D.

Car: VW Golf 4dr Base model, automatic.
    MSRP: 21,060
    Selling Price: 19,000
    Lease term: 24 months (12K miles/year)
    MF: 0.00082
    Residual %/Amt: 57% / $12,004

DMV License Fees: $234.00
    Ttl UpFrt Fees:$117
    Ttl Capped Fees:$625
    Customer Cash: $1,000
    Working Cash: $1,000
    Driveoff: $1,000
    TotalSales Tax: $720.77

PAYMENT: $361.33

Is this a fair deal? @_@? I'm trying to get $300/month(including everything...) for 24 months, so a total amount of payment would be $7200. Dealers said it seems impossible...

Please help. Thanks!
  • rapidrash1rapidrash1 Member Posts: 1
    Finalizing on leasing a 2014 VW Golf 4 door, Gas base(no convenience).
    Can someone please tell me the current(Dec'13) buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease with 10,000 miles per year. top credit?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

@rapidrash1 said:
    Finalizing on leasing a 2014 VW Golf 4 door, Gas base(no convenience).
    Can someone please tell me the current(Dec'13) buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease with 10,000 miles per year. top credit?

.00114 MF and 52% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• devtekdevtek Member Posts: 25

Hi, does anyone know what is MF and residual for Golf TDI, 36 months, 10k per year in 98008, WA?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@devtek said:
    Hi, does anyone know what is MF and residual for Golf TDI, 36 months, 10k per year in 98008, WA?

We don't yet have the April numbers, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@devtek said:

.00093 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• devtekdevtek Member Posts: 25

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    .00093 MF and 57% residual

Thank you, but I don't think these are right. They don't square with the Special Offer available on VW site.

@devtek said:
    Thank you, but I don't think these are right. They don't square with the Special Offer available on VW site.

I'm pretty sure it's correct... What difference do you see?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 135

Hi

Do you have current MF & Residual on Golf TDI 36 month 12k/yr in CA?

Thanks!

@roadragee said:
    Hi

Do you have current MF & Residual on Golf TDI 36 month 12k/yr in CA?

Thanks!

.00050 MF and 55% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chachachaachachachaa Member Posts: 1

Hi, Are those TDI numbers same for 2015 model year? Could you post MF and residual for 2015 Golf TDI of 36mo 10k/yr otherwise? Thanks!

We don't have any 2015 numbers, yet... except on the GTI

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Are the lease numbers (Money Factor and Residual) availble for 2015 GTI? Intereseted in a 4 door with a lease term of 36 months and 15,000 miles per year. thank you

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@billdct said:
    Are the lease numbers (Money Factor and Residual) availble for 2015 GTI? Intereseted in a 4 door with a lease term of 36 months and 15,000 miles per year. thank you

.00155 and 59% for all trim levels.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thank you for the lease info.

• vlad_vlad_ Member Posts: 17

Hi,
    I am looking for the August numbers for the 2015 Golf (S 4 door auto and SE) with 36months/10K in NC.

Thanks