Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Service Manual for 2007 Outlander XLS

wagsivwagsiv Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Mitsubishi
Does anyone have a link to a FREE service manual (not owner's manual) for a 2007 Outlander (XLS)?

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    One place to try is your library's online offerings.

Online Repair Manuals
  • Options
    wagsivwagsiv Member Posts: 2
    Thanks; had already tried that and struck out which is why I asked the other members if they knew of one.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, it's hit and miss.

I found this link (Outlander_XL_Service_Manual.rar) but didn't try to download it. It may be for non-US spec Outlanders (diesels, etc.).

Anyone?
  • Options
    panda4panda4 Member Posts: 1
    can someome help me install a cabin filter?????
  • Options
    batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    My wife has changed the cabin filter in my Outlanders. It may appear simple but it needs careful hand and fingers. She describes the procedure like this:

1-Open the bottom glove compartment
    2-Detach the small black plastic strip on the right hand side
    3-Press both edges of the hard plastic glove container very firmly (this was very difficult) until the plastic detaches from the little black plastic knob on either side.
    4-When 3-happens the container collapses down disclosing the cabin filter space. It shows the old cabin filter.
    5-Pull out the old filter taking careful note of the original position, so that you can put in the new filter exactly in the same geometry.
    6- Job done!!
  • Options
    Outlander Service manual is usually in CD/DVD and can be ordered at a price from a dealer or from www.helminc.com. If you don’t want to pay then a Mitsubishi dealer manager can help you to get one free of cost.

Every year each dealership receives a number of CD/DVD (e.g. Outlander 2007, Outlander 2008, etc) that is generally used in its service department for consultation. Quite sure the service department is using the 2010 version CD/DVD so the old version CD/DVD is being putting aside without use. Talk with an employee of the service department and offer $10 per a copy.
  • Options
    comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    edited July 2010
    Batman, you must have a real nice dealer!!! Why would the service dept knowingly sell something that would help you avoid using them for service (especially below cost)?
    :confuse:
  • Options
    You may be OK, but indeed my dealer in California offered me a free CD/DVD 2007 in May 2009. I think very few owners would like to apply maintenance procedures in the CD/DVD because the majority of procedures require SST (Special Service Tools) and a ramp.
  • Options
    toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    Thanks for the post. I had no idea how to change the cabin filter, read above, had it out in about two minutes. It looked really dirty, too, picked up a new one at auto zone, and it's good to go.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
This discussion has been closed.