Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

To buy a 2010 or not?

doodlrudoodlru Member Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Subaru
I'm currently the happy owner of a 2009 outback Special Edition Auto. I love the car, but this past week received a flyer from my dealer, due to model year end, and a special trade allowance they have, I can do really well getting into a 2010. I'm loosing 2k in depreciation for a 2 year old car, but I will need to pay the upcharge for the new model, and a few added accessories(sunroof yeah!) They offered the 2010 at $100 under invoice too!

I have a few reservations.... mostly tied to the CVT. I tow a snowmobile and ATV short distances, and have concerns on the CVT itself, not to mention the added concerns of towing on a unproven transmission.

Looking for insight from others.... Oh, and I'm not interested in buying a manual trans. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I think you'll be okay. Subaru did just announce a recall on CVT-equipped models, however. Apparently there was a problem with the CVT cooling hose cracking on some models. See link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/12/subaru-recalling-nearly-30-000-outback-legacy- -models-over-cvt-c/

The tow rating matches previous Outbacks.

The only thing I don't like is the non-folding outside mirrors. Apparently enough people complained because the soon-to-be-released 2011 models will have folding mirrors once again.

Bob
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    The big question is, do you need the extra space that the 2010 models offer?

If so, it could be a worthwhile upgrade.

The CVT is very fuel efficient, so that will actually help offset part of the cost of the upgrade. 29mpg highway.
This discussion has been closed.