Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Buick Regal Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
edited February 2014 in Buick
Ask your Regal lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• frankb036frankb036 Member Posts: 37
    To Car Man

Do you have any leasing information about the 2011 Buick Regal..for example residual on 15K per year for 36 month lease..money factor etc..if not when do you think you will get it
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I certainly do, Frank. GMAC's June base lease rate for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal is 2.0%. General Motors is currently providing a $400 cash incentive on leases of this car through GMAC. I haven't seen the new Regal's residual value's yet. I'll look and see if I can get them for you. Please feel free to check back with me in a few days and I'll gladly fill you in on what I have been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jbofctujbofctu Member Posts: 5
    Car_man:

Have you seen the residual values for a 36 month lease on the new regal?

Thanks
    I certainly have, jbofctu. According to the latest information that I have seen, through July 6th GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal CXL 1 with 15,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 53%, respectively.

In addition to this special interest rate, General Motors is currently providing a $400 cash incentive on leases of this car through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
  • stoned_beaglestoned_beagle Member Posts: 9
    Car_man, been awhile since I've been on the forums, but good to see you're still here helping us all out!

Anyway, would you happen to have the current lease money rate and residual (at 12K per year preferably) for Buick Regal 36 month leases?
  • stevenzozstevenzoz Member Posts: 8
    I'm picking up my Regal on Friday. I'm leasing it for 39 months with $5,000 down + $1,000 owner loyalty (I'm doing a lease pullahead on my 2007 Pontiac G6 Coupe). It is $275 a month. I'm leasing the RL5 model ($29,785 MSRP including destination).
    Welcome back beagle. I'd be happy to help you out.

GMAC's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal RL 1 or 2 with 12,000 miles per year are 2.1% and 53%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
  • stoned_beaglestoned_beagle Member Posts: 9
    Stevenzoz, thanks for posting. Some follow-ups:
    - when you say $5000 down + $1000 owner loyalty, do you mean your out of pocket was still $5000?
    - what is the mileage limit?
    - do you happen to know the residual value/buyout option at the end of the lease?

It's a pretty sweet car, hope you enjoy it! And thanks for any further info you can provide.
  • stevenzozstevenzoz Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2010
    yes $5,000 out of pocket

mileage is 12,000 per year

residual at lease end as per the lease contract is $16,136.

The MSRP on the RL5 model i got is $29,785 ($32,636 after tax & all that stuff)
  • bcvc71_libcvc71_li Member Posts: 51
    Dear Car Man:

Are the money factors and residuals available for a Buick Regal CXL with either an RL4, RL5, or RL6 package? Also, there don't appear to be any lease incentives this month. Any indication that one may appear in September? Thanks!

-B
    Could you please advise of the money factors and residuals offered on a 2011 Buick Regal CXL with RL4, RL5, or RL6 in New York for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles? Thanks so much!

-B
  • absberg2kabsberg2k Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

I am looking into leasing a new 2011 Buick Regal CLX with RL5. Went to the dealer today and was surprised to hear them tell me GMAC's residual on a 39 month lease with 15K miles per year was only 48%. They tell me the base lease rate is 2.1% which is consistent with what you have reported above. I am just wondering if the residual value could have fallen that far that fast. Thoughts?

I'm in Iowa by the way.
  • eddiefasteddiefast Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2010
    I received a quote yesterday. Let me know if you think it's a good one.

My wife and I both own and lease GMAC cars. Am I entitled to a $ 1000.00 loyalty discount also?

His initial quote was $ 420.00 a month, till I mentioned there was a special lease rate.

price: 26550
    terms: 39months
    MSRP: 27010.00
    Residual: .54
    Cash: 2519.51
    Rebate: 300.00
    Govt taxes 44.00
    taxes: 300.00
    Doc Fee: 395.00
    Total Initial Payment: 2819.51
    Residual: 14,585.40
    Monthly payments: 289.28
    Mileage: 39k

My paperwork says I need to put down $ 2519.50 on one piece of paperwork, and another says $2819.51. Not sure which down payment it is. I believe it's $ 2519.50
    edited August 2010
    Cadillac told me that because I own a Cadillac I am not entitled to a $ 1000.00 loyalty rebate. That makes no sense at ll.
    eddiefast - the numbers don't add up. If you are indeed signing up for Buick's present $289/month lease special for a CXL R1 (MSRP $26,995), you should only be paying $1,779 at lease signing (exclusive of tax, title and fees). If you are seeking a lease for a vehicle that is differently equipped, then you may not qualify for the lease special and to calculate your monthly payment you will need (1) the MSRP, (2) the Capitalized Cost (selling price plus any additional costs you roll in to the lease [as opposed to paying up front]), (3) the residual value of the vehicle, and (4) the money factor. I was not able to figure out the dealer's calculation with the info you provided. There has been a suggestion on these forums that you should ask the dealer for its lease worksheet (a computer generated form with all the relevant numbers going into your lease calculation) to help you understand the proposed lease deal. Good luck!
    It depends on what the dealer meant. If you are seeking the lease special, then you get no added loyalty or conquest bonus cash. If you are negotiating a vehicle separate and apart from the offered lease special (e.g. the $289/month for a CXL R1), then, if the dealer is participating, you should be entitled to either (i) $1,000 Loyalty Bonus Cash that is available to current owners/lessees of a 1999 or newer Buick, GMC, Oldsmobile or Pontiac vehicle, or (ii) $1,000 Conquest Bonus Cash that is available to current owners/lessees of a 1999 or newer non-GM passenger car or light duty truck. Remember, the bonus cash rules state the terms of the offer can be transferred to individuals within the same household, which I understand to mean that if you don't qualify (as an owner or lessee of a Cadillac, for example), another household member might (if they own or lease a Buick, GMC, Oldsmobile or Pontiac or a non-GM car, and you should get the bonus cash in that event).

I recommend you shop around at different dealerships in your area and compare answers to your questions so that you know you are not being taken advantage of.
    I did receive a worksheet. That's where my numbers came from.

1790.00 due at signing
    tax,tag, and dealer fees: 300.00 + 45.00 + 395.50

Total: 2519.50

price: 2655.00
    terms: 39 months
    advance pymt: 1
    MSRP: 27010.00
    Residual: .54
    Cash: 2519.51
    Rebate: 300
    Govt Fees: 44.00
    Taxes: 300.00
    Doc Fees: 395.50
    Monthly Payment: 289.28

Thanks for the help.

Ed
  • bossman141bossman141 Member Posts: 56
    Stopped by my local dealer to take a look at the regal. My usual salesman was not there.

Another salesman chatted me up. I asked him about the lease special on Buick's website ($289 for 39 months), he told me that it was not through GMAC. Was through US bank?

Can someone confirm this? I find this very hard to believe and think he's either wrong or worse.
    That is correct. They told me the same thing.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    GM sold GMAC during the bankruptcy process.. They are no longer affiliated..

Most GM leases do go through USBank..

Oddly enough, I think most Chrysler leases go through GMAC!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bossman141bossman141 Member Posts: 56
    Thanks
    My wife did receive a letter from Cadillac that she is entitled to a $ 1500.00 cash for lease or purchase coupon as long it is used by September 7, on any 09,10,11 Chevy,Buick,GMC, or Cadillac.
    They certainly are bcvc71_li.

Through September 7th, GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal RL4 with 15,000 miles per year are 2.1% and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an RL5 are the same, but the residual value for the RL6 drops slightly to 52%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of it through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi absberg2k. As you mentioned, this car's lease rate is still 2.1%. The residual value that you were quoted is correct as well.

Car_man
    Host
    General Motors has two different special lease programs. One through GMAC...er um make that Ally now. The other is indeed through US Bank. GM's affiliation with US Bank was hammered out at the height of the credit crisis when GMAC was having real problems. Now that the government has helped GMAC get back on its feet, the credit crisis has eased somewhat, and GM once again has its own bank (AmeriCredit) I assume that the US Bank deal will eventually wind down. Perhaps not immediately, but over time.

For now, as was confirmed, many official General Motors leases are being run through US Bank.

Car_man
    Host
  • jbofctujbofctu Member Posts: 5
    Car Man - is there any 24 month lease options for the RL1 either through USBank or GMAC. If so whats the residual and interest rate for it?

Thanks
    Hi jbofctu. You can lease a Regal through Ally (the new name for GMAC) for 24 months, but not through US Bank for that short a term.

Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal R1 with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 59%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    Looking for MF and residual 12k and 36 or 39 months. thanks
    Hi cnote2. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal CXL RL5 with 12,000 miles per year are 1.30% and 50%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • schelfschelf Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    Hi there. I was wondering if you could provide the money factor & residual for the Turbo TO2 model? Probably looking at 36 or 39 months, 12K (or less) miles/yr. Also, do you know if the $2500 incentive from Ally mentioned above still applies? Are figures for December out yet?
    Thanks so much,
    Shawn
    Hi Shawn. Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Regal 1.3% and 55%, respectively.

The lease rate for a 39 month lease of this car is the same, but the residual value is 2% lower.

Not only is the $2,500 cash incentive still available on leases of this car, but General Motors is now waiving the first month's payment as well.

This program is scheduled to run through the end of the year.

Car_man
    Host
  • swickerswicker Member Posts: 2
    Car Man. I am assuming your base lease rate is 12k miles...I want to go to 18k

How would I account for this.

Thanks for all your help. This seems like the best offer in the market today?
  • ddeliseddelise Member Posts: 353
    Car_Man -

Has the residual increased 5% from last month (you previously posted 50%).

I'm going back and forth between this car (in Turbo) and the Maxima. I have GM Card Money I can use on the Regal (plus am coming out of another Ally lease), so am leaning towards the Regal.

Are you aware of any extra incentives for those coming from an Ally Lease?

Thanks!
    Hey swicker. That actually was for 15,000 miles per year. 15k is the highest mileage allowance that Ally publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ddelise. I believe that General Motors is currently providing a $1,000 owner loyalty incentive on the 2011 Buick Regal. Make sure to take that and the $2,500 cash incentive that GM is providing on leases of this car through Ally into account when negotiating your deal. I believe that GM is waiving the first month's payment on Regal leases in December too.

You really can't go wrong with either the Regal or the Maxima. Both are great cars with great lease programs available on them.

Car_man
    Host
  • swickerswicker Member Posts: 2
    Carman..
    My dealership seems to be trying to deal with me on this 36 month lease.

But they are telling me residual is 50% on a RL1 and 48% on an RL6.

You said 55%. I am guessing you are correct, as they don't lease much.

Are you showing different leasing percentages from different option packages...
    thanks carman. I have the same question as the prior poster re the residual. Is it 50% or 55% for a 12k miles per year lease on a turbo? I am prob going w package 5.

thanks so much!
    Hi swicker. Ally's residual values for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Regal with 15,000 miles per year are as follows:

54% for RL1
    54% for RL2
    53% for RL3
    53% for RL4
    53% for RL5
    52% for RL6.

If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year these residual values would be 2% higher.

US Bank, the other frequently used finance company for leases of Buicks, has different residual values.

Car_man
    Host
  • ppierce2ppierce2 Member Posts: 11
    Was offered lease of $325 per month with them paying 1st month lease and only $270 down for title and other fees. That was for the RL2. I don't know the residual or any other details becasue at the time of the offer i had already taken the offer on an Acura TSX but i theough $325 right out of the shoot was a really nice deal. I think the final selling price with $1000 customer cash and $2500 Ally lease incentive was in the high $23's.
    Hi. I am being told that for a Turbo, RL6, 39 month, 12k lease - the residual is 50%. Is this what you see as well?
  • cdmjcdmj Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    i received a mailer from gm for $265/month, $0 down, $0 1st pmt- includes $1000 loyalty, 12k mile lease

what is 39 month 12k residual % on this car? what is ally interrest rate on 39 month lease?

is there a payment difference between paying sales taxes up front and putting taxes in lease and paying cap cost reduction to offset sales tax? wondering if i am getting hit for a finance charge for not paying up front.

how could i find out gm supplier selling price on this car?
    Hey ddelise. I believe that the residual value that you were quoted is indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cdmj. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Regal CXL RL1 with 12,000 miles per year are 1.3% and 52%, respectively.

If you are eligible for supplier pricing, there is a website that enables you to see what the exact selling price should be for the vehicle that you want, GM Supplier Discount.

Car_man
    Host
  • cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    Looking for MF and residual for 39months.

I know i asked earlier in the month but i am not sure if i got the turbo versions rates. Thanks in advance. Also what are the current northeast US incentives on leases? is it still 2500 lease cash? is there 1000 for conquest on this? Are they still covering first months lease payment on regals?
  • zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    edited December 2010
    Any info on lease incentives or rates in January?
    Hi cnote2. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Regal T05 with 15,000 miles per year are 1.3% and 48%, respectively.

General Motors is indeed still providing a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally. It's waiving the first month's payment on leases as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zeen. General Motors year-end incentives are scheduled to run through January 3rd. Please feel free to check back with me later this week and I will gladly fill you in on what its new January program is like.

Car_man
    Host
    edited January 2011
    On GM site, they list a CXL lease through US Bank at $219/mo for 39 months with $1969 due at signing with a $399 lease termination fee. Delivery by 2/28 39k miles. What happened to Conquest? I assume more deals coming this week?
    Hi zeen. Today General Motors introduced $1,000 owner loyalty on all models. The $1,000 conquest cash is still there as well, though I doubt that the two offers can be combined.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man. I saw the Loyalty rebate on the GM sitebut there was no sign of the Conquest rebate. That's helpful.
    On the GM site today. they had a Regal CXL for $249/mowith $2079 due at signing. 39k miles. No rebate mentioned. Delivery by 2/28.
    Seems to be a lot of inconsistency in the info.
This discussion has been closed.