Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Automatic headlights

caryhmcaryhm Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Honda
We just bought a 2010 CR-V EX. For whatever reason (probably we came close to buying a RAV4)
my wife was dissipointed that our car does not have automatic headlights.

Has anyone added (or know how to add) the automatic headlights?

Comments

• motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 146
    I don't think it can easily be added.

Automatic headlight require a daylight sensor or a sensor combined with a controllers to switch on the headlight. On some car's ther is a additonal switch position on the headlight switch. On other cars it's automatic all the time... as it was in my '03 Corolla.

Since the car already has DRL's, I don't really car as much. I find that on our Alitma, it turns on the lights much later than I like, so I end up switchign them on manually a lot fo hte tiem anyway.
  • vicmeldrew1vicmeldrew1 Member Posts: 10
    i have a 2010 crv ex-l and it has auto lights on - you just have to set the control on the left stalk to the right setting - read your owners manual
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    The auto lights feature is limited to the EX-L model.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    We just bought a 2010 CR-V EX. For whatever reason (probably we came close to buying a RAV4)
    my wife was dissipointed that our car does not have automatic headlights.

Has anyone added (or know how to add) the automatic headlights?

Option A) Research the blue prints and determine which Honda OEM module adds auto haeadlight functionality, and plug the module in. It should simple and straightforward with under $500 investment.

Option B) Buy the Photo eye sensor kit or just build one out of parts available at most Radio Shack stores and integrate in the switch circuitry your self. Cost: $20.
This discussion has been closed.