Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Comments

• smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Not sure, but I don't think this site is legit! There is no way to see in the picture what car it is and I don't see any Lexus emblem visible, not even the one in the middle of the mag wheel! The current IS body is from 2007 and the 2011 model year would and should be the 5th and finally year, before a redesigned IS comes out as a 2012 model! I think they'd be doing more than just a face lift! Its due for a redesign, not a mid life cycling! They did one for 2009 and I've never heard of a car company doing two of those, usually just one and then 2-3 years later, a complete redesign!

I hope Lexus enlarges the IS a little bit for the next generation, nothing too ridiculous though, but a little bigger would be nice!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You've gotta look at it as the National Enquirer of future vehicles - sometimes they get it right, and other times you get a digitally-altered image, or a shot of something that isn't what it's purported to be.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    The 3rd generation IS was released in 2005 as 2006 model. It is currently in the 5th year without any major changes and would have made sense for redesign in 2010 as 2011 model (assuming 5 year cycle). However, Lexus has introduced ISF (same as current IS) and ISC (only the front and dash resemble current IS). If they have to redesign IS sedan than have to do the same for ISF and ISC which does not make sense to me as they are introduced in the last couple of years. If they don't redesign ISF and ISC than the newer introduced models will have older design. But if they do second mild refresh (first was done for 2009 sedan model) for all vehicles than do the redesign as 2013 model makes sense to me but this is just a guessing game until we finally see one officially. BTW, current IS still looks stylish and sells almost 3,000 units a month.
    Oh, I thought it came out in its current body in as a 2007 model, but if it is 2006 then its a year older then I even thought, but your right, it still looks sporty and sells pretty well for Lexus!
    Audi copier! j/k!

I was hoping Infiniti would be the first to copy Audi but apparently Lexus beat them to it!
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    edited August 2010
    No, I would say Mercedes-Benz beat them to it. They have them on the new E-Class sedan. But who cares? I mean, it's just like with the push button start.
    Who had it first? A lot of the different manufacturers have that feature now. I don't care, as long as the car I just bought has it! (LOL!)
    Like the new LED DRLs. I think Lexus did them in a nice classy fashion. Should see them across the line beginning next rear. 2011 RX should get them. They might wait to put them on the redesigned ES for 2012 though? Not sure.
    I guess they'll be waiting then for the 2012 RX?
    Lexus IS F is even more dynamic. The high-performance sedan with five-liter eight-cylinder starts with a revised chassis intensively in the model year 2012. Result of the training program is to increase the dynamic driving potential, without compromising the long-distance comfort. Lexus also offers the model year for the new IS F individual equipment options. The Lexus IS F of the 2012 vintage shows on fast curves and provides a lower tendency to roll the driver a precise response. Simultaneously, the new chassis is characterized by a more sensitive response to bumps and a higher ride comfort. Specifically to optimize the tire on roads with humps and bumps in the road feel, new shock absorbers were developed and coordinated the new spring rates. Stronger stabilizer bars, new bearings and a slightly revised suspension geometry round off the package.

The new monotube shock absorbers come from ZF. From the 2012 model year Lexus offers its sportiest sedan in addition, new, individual equipment options: On special customer manufactures BBS individual 19 - inch alloy wheels with 14-spoke design. As an alternative to the standard, available in either black or black-and-white semi-aniline leather interior Lexus is now offering an on-hold in crimson and black interior.In addition to the sports seats while even the shifter handle and the lower segment of the rim in crimson leather on the nature of the super sports car LFA run. The crimson leather trim can be ordered now for the coupe-cabriolet IS 250C in the equipment line Luxury line, where it is in precious wood trim gray bird's eye maple combined.

No pricing changes for 2012 models.
    The sophisticated Lexus IS 250C and IS 350C continues to blend the expressive stylishness of a hardtop convertible with the quietness and comfort of a coupe. Young at heart customers appreciate the IS convertible’s ability to quickly go from hardtop to convertible in less than 21 seconds. A fun-in-the-sun driving experience is enhanced with numerous standard and optional features including new 18-inch 5-spoke wheels with Liquid Graphite finish, leather-trimmed seating, heated and ventilated front seats and F Sport performance accessories. As it enters the 2012 model year its sporty style is complemented with the addition of a Nebula Gray Pearl exterior as it replaces Smoky Granite Mica.
This discussion has been closed.