Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Front End Shaking

sparks9sparks9 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Jeep
Hello,

I'm having some issues with my '02 Grand Cherokee Laredo. When i apply the gas at speeds above 60 mph, the front end shakes. The problem is exaggerated when traveling up hill on the freeway. Then once you hit 70 the shaking goes away. It also is NOT present when traveling down hill at 60 mph to 70 mph. Any thoughts???

Comments

• tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    edited June 2010
    check front drive shaft and cv joints at wheels
  • chevydodge17chevydodge17 Member Posts: 1
    hi

i have a 97 jeep grand cherokee laredo when i get up to about 45 the truck starts shaking really bad almost to the point where i could run off the road but when i get going faster it dont shake only at 45-50 and it shakes really bad any suggestions
  • sparks9sparks9 Member Posts: 2
    ya,

check the front diff. That was wrong with mine. THe front end would shake at a certain speed and the go away. There was also fluid leaking from the back of the front differential. They also replaced the front steering dampener because it was shoot from the extra vibration. Have not had a problem since. Oh, once they do the work, make sure they align the front wheels. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.