Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2001 Optima transmission problems?

milkman101milkman101 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2014 in Kia
I have a 2001 Optima. Its at 111k. I am also starting to have tranny problems. Once and a while I will be driving and there will be a sudden jerk from the tranny grabbing. Then I lose power at the pedal. Now if I turn the car off then back on again everything is fine. Is this a computer problem, tranny problem or what I dont know where to start. Please help.

Comments

• mickeyrommickeyrom Member Posts: 936
    From your description,it sounds like a computer problem to me.Have you asked the techs at your dealer?
  • malikjahanzebmalikjahanzeb Member Posts: 1
    Hi Miulkman101,

I think I am also having the same problem. There is a jerk and then car will never go to first gear, i.e. pedal will lose power. I would be greatly obliged if you share your solution with me. Is it related to input/output sensors? :confuse:
  • milkman101milkman101 Member Posts: 3
    I took it to the Tranny shop and they replaced my speed sensor and it worked like a champ. I do have a question for you though. When your gear slips when you turn off the car let it sit for a second then turn it back on does it go back to normal for a while? That is what my problem was. Good luck I hope this helps you.
This discussion has been closed.