Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Windows and Sunroof opened during rain storm 2010 RX350

texaspatexaspa Member Posts: 5
edited July 2014 in Lexus
It's raining in Houston. We went to our daughter's house and after a couple of hours she noticed our windows were all down. In addition, our sunroof was open. Thus, we have one wet interior. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    easypareasypar Member Posts: 191
    It seems to me that you, or someone, pushed and held the "unlock" tab on the remote. That opens all 4 windows and the sunroof. Any kids around to play with it?

My wife has had her 330 for 6 plus years and didn't know it would do that, and it's not the first car we had that did it.

easypar
  • Options
    leodlionleodlion Member Posts: 7
    Thats good to know that pushing the unlock button will do that. Sometimes you sat on the key fob without knowing.
  • Options
    la4meadla4mead Member Posts: 347
    Sorry to hear about your wet interior. The key has the remote built-in. Due to the expense of replacing a damaged key/transmitter, I'm very careful not to have my key where I can sit on it (or go through a wash or swim).

I hope you got it all dried out! A good leather cleaner might help if there are water spotted seats.

One of my favorite features is the window/sunroof open feature on the key, and the "all auto" up/down for all the glass with "pinch protection". I use it all the time. Many people don't realize their RX does that. It's one of few endearing features that make an otherwise boring car with bland handling worth keeping. Sorry Murphey's law got to you and found that drawback to an otherwise nice feature to have and a thoughtful touch by the designers. Good luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.